PDA

View Full Version : £10.76 per goal Hibs score

Hibs90
14-10-2015, 10:08 PM
This is interesting
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595

lucky
14-10-2015, 10:28 PM
The whole survey is not good reading for Hibs. We are the most expensive club in the league for everything apart from a cup of tea!!!

portyhibernian
14-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Scandalous quite honestly

seanshow
14-10-2015, 10:37 PM
cheapest adult season ticket price available, is £100+ more than the other clubs.
this never helps to try and regain a decent home attendance.

danhibees1875
14-10-2015, 11:08 PM
The whole survey is not good reading for Hibs. We are the most expensive club in the league for everything apart from a cup of tea!!!

Match day programmes are below average (price).

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2015, 11:17 PM
cheapest adult season ticket price available, is £100+ more than the other clubs.

and don't forget the prices will probably rise if we get back to the top flight with the excuse being players salaries will rise(which is understandable i guess)....but the players salaries were reduced when we went down but no reductions were made for admission, i'l bet a pound to a penny if we don't make it up this season there will still be no reduction in admission for walk ups the following season, i'm not even going to start on the prices for food/drink

Biggie
15-10-2015, 06:07 AM
Sums up what many are saying on here.......The cheapest Hibernian match-day ticket is the highest in the league.
The most expensive Hibernian match-day ticket is 31% above the league average.
The cheapest Hibernian season ticket is the highest in the league.

:stirrer:

Gatecrasher
15-10-2015, 06:25 AM
We all knew this though didn't we? No doubt we will also have higher running costs and wages to pay as well.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2015, 06:37 AM
We all knew this though didn't we? No doubt we will also have higher running costs and wages to pay as well.

:agree:

The only club in the Championship I would expect us to be cheaper than would be Sevco.

As you say, we'll have far higher wages and running costs than the other eight clubs in the league.

liamh2202
15-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Is there any way of comparing our prices with SPL teams... IMO our prices are far too high and this in turn gas driven people away and we have lost the community club feeling a bit ( I'm not that old but remember a totally different atmosphere around the club when I was a child )

marinello59
15-10-2015, 08:16 AM
:agree:

The only club in the Championship I would expect us to be cheaper than would be Sevco.

As you say, we'll have far higher wages and running costs than the other eight clubs in the league.

Exactly.

marinello59
15-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Sums up what many are saying on here.......The cheapest Hibernian match-day ticket is the highest in the league.
The most expensive Hibernian match-day ticket is 31% above the league average.
The cheapest Hibernian season ticket is the highest in the league.

:stirrer:

If the sum of people's ambitions is to get our prices down to the same as Alloa , Dumbarton etc then I guess they are also calling for our operating costs to be lowered to their level. Although I am guessing not.

flash
15-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Is there any way of comparing our prices with SPL teams... IMO our prices are far too high and this in turn gas driven people away and we have lost the community club feeling a bit ( I'm not that old but remember a totally different atmosphere around the club when I was a child )
Yet most people would probably say that since Leanne Dempster arrived the atmosphere has improved immeasurably.

Pretty Boy
15-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Whilst I have no issue with our pricing and happily shell out on a ST ticket each year the amount I'm spending on football is a lot.

According to that survey I spend £905 a year following Hibs. That's home games only. Add to that I attend about 85-90% of away games, 50%ish of under 20 games and buy 2 KFK STs a year, add in travel costs which aren't covered by the survey and I must be spending £2500+ a year on football. That's before adding in the price of a pint or food in the way home or anything. Mental.

marinello59
15-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Whilst I have no issue with our pricing and happily shell out on a ST ticket each year the amount I'm spending on football is a lot.

According to that survey I spend £905 a year following Hibs. That's home games only. Add to that I attend about 85-90% of away games, 50%ish of under 20 games and buy 2 KFK STs a year, add in travel costs which aren't covered by the survey and I must be spending £2500+ a year on football. That's before adding in the price of a pint or food in the way home or anything. Mental.

I am too scared to add up my annual spend. :greengrin

marinello59
15-10-2015, 09:31 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/football-is-cheaper-if-you-dont-bother-says-survey-2013091379436

Gatecrasher
15-10-2015, 10:11 AM
it said in the Scottish article about the prices that hibs gave away 5000 tickets to schools and the local community

Smartie
15-10-2015, 10:37 AM
I really don't want to know what I spend on following Hibs.

I have some sympathy for Hibs and I think they are doing the right thing given where we are. We MUST get out of this league asap, we MUST get a team on the park that the fans can get behind. They had to maximise revenue so I am behind their decision for keeping league prices/ season ticket prices high.

The league is our bread and butter and I think they should keep prices where they are. I don't care if it is Alloa or Celtic, I go to see my own team and look forward to it. I also don't object in the least to tickets being given away to schools etc to fill the ground.

I always want to see us do more with the cup games. These games are almost an added bonus and I think we should be quite experimental with these games. These games are opportunities to get new folk into the ground, slash prices and get big supports behind us to hopefully drive us through to later rounds and more games/ opportunities for revenue.

I didn't like spending what I did during our "descent" and I think the poor value that the high prices for atrocious football represented fuelled resentment in the crowds. I think that this, in turn, contributed a bit to our downfall, Easter Road was poisonous for years and it very much worked against us. Certain managers didn't help but I do think that this contributed.

FWIW I have actually been considering what I spend on the Scotland games and it is positively criminal what they are getting away with. I think the lure of the England game will get the SFA out of a hole because without it I could have seen a wide scale non-renewal of the supporters club membership and also poor match ticket sales during the next campaign. That one game will probably falsely inflate the "demand" for watching Scotland at the prices they are charging.

liamh2202
15-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Yet most people would probably say that since Leanne Dempster arrived the atmosphere has improved immeasurably.

Yeh I agree with that..

flash
15-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Yeh I agree with that..

The prices are high to enable us to still be run as an SPL operation. Should we fail to go up that could very well change.

IanM
15-10-2015, 11:24 AM
I seen there was a petition yesterday asking folk to sign to make away day tickets £20 and not a penny more, for any club. Not sure how that would work, asking away fans to pay less than home but it was doing the rounds.

Hibs should concentrate on family tickets, under 12's free, 13-17 £5, 18-21 £10 and normal price up until 65 where it goes back to £5

They should also introduce loyalty measures for continued season ticket subscription.

liamh2202
15-10-2015, 11:26 AM
The prices are high to enable us to still be run as an SPL operation. Should we fail to go up that could very well change.

That's the bit I don't necceseraly agree with.. Hence why a comparison against SPL teams would be ideal. I think we are the prime example of it not being about budget. We were spending probably in the top four of SPL teams when we went down.yet smaller clubs such as Inverness Ross co and st Johnstone seem to manage ok with smaller prices and budgets. We have a bigger support so surely that should mean lower prices to compete..

That is where the argument above is void. If we were charged the same as Dumbarton that wouldn't mean our budget or overheads would have to be the same... Because you would still have 10x the amount of people paying it

NAE NOOKIE
15-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Up until about the late 90s communication from and about the club ran to what was in the Evening news, on the TV and in the matchday programme .. you turned up, watched the team then discussed the result in the boozer and at work, and that was it.

With the advent of wall to wall TV coverage 24/7 ( including Hibs TV ) and the internet available to practically everybody things perhaps feel a bit more corporate, but from my point of view, if anything I feel more engaged with the club and my fellow supporters, not less. I would certainly disagree that we have lost the feeling of being a community club and its obvious that Hibs are striving to ensure that feeling, far from being lost, is promoted and encouraged.

As for prices. Its old ground really and the reasons for what we charge are pretty clear .... if we charged Championship prices we would be putting the quality of player we can sign and our ability to run the infrastructure that will get us back up and challenging in the top league at risk.

The only price I really have an issue with is charging walk ups £28 for a Cat A game ... IMO £25 should be the very highest we charge for any game.

Like most people on here I'm willing to bet that the 'this is what you spend following your club' part of the survey was miles short of the mark, especially as it doesn't include cup games. In my case .. If you add these on, especially trips to Hampden and the odd early round away cup tie and travel to home games ( 40 miles for me ) pre match pint etc, the actual cost is miles higher ..... If you are a regular away fan miles and miles higher. I appreciate the survey was only based on home league games.

I seem to remember working out the season we went down that I was paying about over £30 or something per Hibs goal .. lol

Ringothedog
15-10-2015, 12:14 PM

I am more than happy to pay at least £100 more to sit in a fully covered stadium, with a concourse that has tellys to get the half time and full time results rather than stand on a terracing with no cover and no facilities. I know which Season Ticket I think is the better value and its not the cheaper one.

On you second point our attendances are staying pretty solid with an average around 9k. I would like a few more to attend but dropping prices will not bring people back by the thousands, good results, promotion and a cup win would do that.

Brightside
15-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Is there a game this weekend?

matty_f
15-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Up until about the late 90s communication from and about the club ran to what was in the Evening news, on the TV and in the matchday programme .. you turned up, watched the team then discussed the result in the boozer and at work, and that was it.

With the advent of wall to wall TV coverage 24/7 ( including Hibs TV ) and the internet available to practically everybody things perhaps feel a bit more corporate, but from my point of view, if anything I feel more engaged with the club and my fellow supporters, not less. I would certainly disagree that we have lost the feeling of being a community club and its obvious that Hibs are striving to ensure that feeling, far from being lost, is promoted and encouraged.

As for prices. Its old ground really and the reasons for what we charge are pretty clear .... if we charged Championship prices we would be putting the quality of player we can sign and our ability to run the infrastructure that will get us back up and challenging in the top league at risk.

The only price I really have an issue with is charging walk ups £28 for a Cat A game ... IMO £25 should be the very highest we charge for any game.

Like most people on here I'm willing to bet that the 'this is what you spend following your club' part of the survey was miles short of the mark, especially as it doesn't include cup games. In my case .. If you add these on, especially trips to Hampden and the odd early round away cup tie and travel to home games ( 40 miles for me ) pre match pint etc, the actual cost is miles higher ..... If you are a regular away fan miles and miles higher. I appreciate the survey was only based on home league games.

I seem to remember working out the season we went down that I was paying about over £30 or something per Hibs goal .. lol

I definitely feel closer to the club these days. The club is more accessible and engaging. I've been lucky enough to have had some great experiences with the club over the last few years, from being given the opportunity by Stuart Crowther to get involved with the U19's in the double-winning season, and going on The Back Four on Leith FM, to following the team out the tunnel to the East belting out Sunshine on Leith at the Griffiths free-kick non-goal derby (my son was a mascot), presenting Working Together's 'Winning the Hibernian Way' document to the board, the Football Fans in Training initiative where i met other fans and was able to change in the home dressing room and exercise pitch-side, to interviewing folk at the club for my blog...
Hibs are a huge part of my life now and while I'd love it to be more affordable to go to the games, i feel i get good value overall for my season ticket, and I'd rather pay that and give Stubbs the best chance of promotion, than see the club cut back to the detriment of the team on the park.

iwasthere1972
15-10-2015, 01:55 PM
We also walk a million miles for a Hibs goal. That must be the longest walk in the league.

erin go bragh
15-10-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm shuddering at the thought of what the cost per goal was under Butcher . I'll guess £30

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
15-10-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm shuddering at the thought of what the cost per goal was under Butcher . I'll guess £30

GGTTH

Based on category A & B walk up prices, total entry to home league games was £304, and we scored 16 goals. So £19 a goal

Ozyhibby
15-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Hibs can't give value for money in this division. I'm paying the money now out of blind loyalty.
They need to get back up this season before I even consider if its value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
15-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Based on category A & B walk up prices, total entry to home league games was £304, and we scored 16 goals. So £19 a goal

Cheers CL . Surprised it's not more ( certainly felt like it )

GGTTH

SunshineOnLeith
15-10-2015, 08:18 PM
We always come out badly in this survey because we have a single price for anywhere in the ground, rather than cheap/expensive seats.