PDA

View Full Version : Bidco ( 1874 ) ltd

greenginger
13-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Yam parent company accounts out today.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/XDuR78siQRFGwKW2_S53hTjfqwUS-OcA4-XrOyI2eSI/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAICQWX5GUB2AD3LFA&Expires=1444722064&Signature=DKBks%2B%2FPYDWcmRF0fadXzHSP3fI%3D&x-amz-security-token=AQoDYXdzEOT%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEa 4ANYY50j4wRuJqVXrjteVDP0kc2taY7FZYfRtyXU2qgJGFaW4s HTm4Lc1cdJyMpMCOab%2FD9bjurYOUsAz6%2Bmw9Vetsn2BWLT mARaF6v02u7rlty5CgxX%2BF1cjqCWDC2i9%2FbD5t08%2Bsy0 ZE2QSW8cOqO7Dumy4QY9qGiUBjnGlDsx12XygK318zyzill0YM d%2Fm8qRid71ATBCNruPUeAYlD4mMlcE%2BH1N06P%2FIY7ODU rqZDPonEGFY%2B%2BIYRPN54vLOxVTHm%2BhkSyMPijVdh1BKy QCthIiLvBh9NJnaDBjq7UCpArDrXgUlR%2BfNIvf%2FSV3ERlW a82Tw81LGClBy%2FtwJoc%2FO8KwkSZJFlt%2BhStMefKl52PK YQPG3kO9VnGD835vO1MsbhIN2o8eePA4avdmFOiFsB%2BrLbZI VElSkMO3MJjZAajd5drkFIs57GynJ7Wu1bLwwflrfJeHJ9ZZzO x6xXjpMt3fFg0fH%2Fbr4PWAoPQv9%2BEYL2sUPRh2QTu6uNvB 5zDoR2313slzVGihOWWD4V2gEin9ntuWxQk7jEfJrplA3SNiYQ yIoN1GOf348RXESXrv42CXi16CiHThU66aTcg7W57vxMAuBB4a v1uo%2FosAWl3rXEih1OQ8off2c6%2FVVfwg0drxsAU%3D

greenginger
13-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Try this,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC466630

MrSmith
13-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Forgive my poor accountancy but please correct if wrong ...

a quick and and brief read through suggests they are still in debt to the tune of £1.25m! Is this carried forward from before or monies owed to dr budge?

Benny Brazil
13-10-2015, 08:16 AM
So they made a loss of £1.25m over the last year?

Also for those in the accountancy field - what does the auditors concerns mean? Says about not all information was disclosed to them?

Edit: Never mind - reread it and it says they have nothing to report on those issues

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 08:24 AM
They're not really losses, it's just really normal business activity for the yam to quickly be spending well beyond their means in the hope that someone else will bear the cost. They couldn't even stay out of debt after starting with a clean slate as a result of bumping hundreds of creditors. I suppose they will just owe it to themselves again.

I wonder why there are no costs in there relating to the building of this megasuperhotelstadium we used to hear about, or at least the ongoing cost of storing the 4 tonnes of paper and cardboard boxes that went with the "planning application"

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 08:33 AM
:confused: I thought the foundation of givers money was effectively their way of transferring the club into a form of fan ownership by paying their debt off to Budge thus buying their club by instalments, plus her interest naturally.

How does that work if the foundation is in fact throwing money at the running costs which still results in a net trading loss? Cash that was collected to buy the club going into their customary black hole must mean its deferring the ownership date even further away as well as papering over a hole in the trading position already?

Ozyhibby
13-10-2015, 08:44 AM
:confused: I thought the foundation of givers money was effectively their way of transferring the club into a form of fan ownership by paying their debt off to Budge thus buying their club by instalments, plus her interest naturally.

How does that work if the foundation is in fact throwing money at the running costs which still results in a net trading loss? Cash that was collected to buy the club going into their customary black hole must mean its deferring the ownership date even further away as well as papering over a hole in the trading position already?

FoH money was to be used to cover shortfall in running costs for first two years of ownership.

FoH purchase price

£1m on completion of the CVA
£1.4m 2014/15
£1.4m 2015/16
£2.5m in the 2/3 years after that.
Only when every last cent of this is paid are FoH given control of Hearts.
About 2019/20

Budge only paid £2.5m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 08:46 AM
FoH money was to be used to cover shortfall in running costs for first two years of ownership.

FoH purchase price

£1m on completion of the CVA
£1.4m 2014/15
£1.4m 2015/16
£2.5m in the 2/3 years after that.
Only when every last cent of this is paid are FoH given control of Hearts.
About 2019/20

Budge only paid £2.5m

:aok: So its still going down a black hole (in that they still can't seem to live within their means) but they signed up to spend more than they earn from the beginning.

TrinityHibs
13-10-2015, 08:54 AM
How did they spend £3.7M on key infrastructure repairs? That's a lot of light bulbs:agree:

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 08:58 AM
How did they spend £3.7M on key infrastructure repairs? That's a lot of light bulbs:agree:

Gaffer taping the asbestos in place to keep the dust from falling?

Waxy
13-10-2015, 09:18 AM
The place is crumbling. Worst ground in Scotland.

MKHIBEE
13-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Blacks painting skills don't come cheap you know

grunt
13-10-2015, 09:24 AM
FoH are contributing £120k per month - that is really quite something.

grunt
13-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Budge charging 6.5% interest on her loan?

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 09:37 AM

:agree: Especially when you consider the fact that they coughed up earlier for Vlad's cash only option that disappeared in a suitcase shortly after him. It is a good effort, there wasn't any option given the hole they were in. Posting a sizeable loss even with the subsidy they are giving would worry me, but its not the yam way.

grunt
13-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Posting a sizeable loss even with the subsidy they are giving would worry me, but its not the yam way.
Don't confuse funding and cashflow with profitability. The money received from FoH is not included in income and has no impact on the loss.

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Budge charging 6.5% interest on her loan?

Only show in town so she was able to dictate her terms, nice wee return in the current climate. No one else in the queue to lend such a poor risk money at standard terms.

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Don't confuse funding and cashflow with profitability. The money received from FoH is not included in income and has no impact on the loss.

:aok:but they are still receiving, and spending it whilst making the loss so its not buying many shares or paying off much debt? :stirrer:

Family yam just emailed to say they have posted a profit! This is the guy who signed up to FOH and cancelled the DD without paying a penny because Budge "saved" them it wasn't needed.

grunt
13-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Family yam just emailed to say they have posted a profit!

Loss for the financial period £954,000.

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Loss for the financial period £954,000.

He's added the £120k per month into the result - thankfully he ain't an accountant but he does work for the council.

Leithenhibby
13-10-2015, 11:28 AM
:aok:but they are still receiving, and spending it whilst making the loss so its not buying many shares or paying off much debt? :stirrer:

Family yam just emailed to say they have posted a profit! This is the guy who signed up to FOH and cancelled the DD without paying a penny because Budge "saved" them it wasn't needed.

It's not buying ANY shares :agree:

Fixed that for you :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Our East stand cost about that amount to build ..... WTF have they spent nearly 4 million quid doing to the Asbestos Arena that cant be seen? Its a question I would be asking if I was a Yam :greengrin

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 11:33 AM
It's not buying ANY shares :agree:

Fixed that for you :wink:
But, but, fan ownership, big team blah blah.........

lord bunberry
13-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Our East stand cost about that amount to build ..... WTF have they spent nearly 4 million quid doing to the Asbestos Arena that cant be seen? Its a question I would be asking if I was a Yam :greengrin
Was there not a problem with the toilets in the main stand overflowing and seeping through the asbestos into the John Robertson suite? I remember there was stories about pish dripping onto the custard creams and the calor gas heater during pre match cardigan presentations.

Coco Bryce
13-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Fair play to them. Thought that would have fizzled out by now to be honest.

Brightside
13-10-2015, 12:44 PM
So they are not even paying off her interest charges never mind the actual loan??

and its not even being discussed on JKB?

Bishop Hibee
13-10-2015, 12:47 PM

Fools and their money are soon parted.

grunt
13-10-2015, 01:06 PM

Was there not a problem with the toilets in the main stand overflowing and seeping through the asbestos into the John Robertson suite? I remember there was stories about pish dripping onto the custard creams and the calor gas heater during pre match cardigan presentations.
£3.7m is the total "other operating charges" of the group, so it includes all costs other than staff costs, which were a touch over £4m. It's not just infrastructure costs.

Bad Martini
13-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Bijez you have nae vision and qualifications in Yamathematics :greengrin

Tax is paid on profit.
Tax is bad.
No profit paid on loses.
Losses are good.
..thus, make nae profit.

Simples :cb

Sir David Gray
13-10-2015, 01:52 PM
A £1.25 million debt is nothing when you owe the debt to yourself!

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Fair play to them. Thought that would have fizzled out by now to be honest.

There's no denying there's an outstanding ability to commit money to the cause of their team, even if that's not where all of it goes, or in the case of the demise of the Romanov era, none of it. I honestly don't believe the genuine fans amongst them deserve to be so fleeced, so often, for so long.

TrinityHibs
13-10-2015, 02:48 PM
£3.7m is the total "other operating charges" of the group, so it includes all costs other than staff costs, which were a touch over £4m. It's not just infrastructure costs.

That's not what DrAB said in para 6 of her Review of Business "Other operating charges were £3.7M LARGELY as a result of spend on key infrastructure repairs in the period and an increase in professional fees incurred in resolving the inherited 2012/13 share issue."

CropleyWasGod
13-10-2015, 03:00 PM
You sure?

What else would it be shown as?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jgl07
13-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Yes but our East Stand does not contain changing facilities, boardroom, and offices. A better comparison is with Hibs' West Stand which cost considerably more to build.

PatHead
13-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes but our East Stand does not contain changing facilities, boardroom, and offices. A better comparison is with Hibs' West Stand which cost considerably more to build.

.......but we don't have an hotel in the West?

CropleyWasGod
13-10-2015, 03:19 PM
So they are not even paying off her interest charges never mind the actual loan??

and its not even being discussed on JKB?
Why would it?

They're keeping to the agreed plan, so there's no reason to discuss it.

grunt
13-10-2015, 03:22 PM
You sure?

What else would it be shown as?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using TapatalkIt is funding. You know, like from a bank? Would you include a bank loan as income? Thought you were an accountant. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
13-10-2015, 03:27 PM
It is funding. You know, like from a bank? Would you include a bank loan as income? Thought you were an accountant. :greengrin
As I understand it, it's contribution to working capital.

It's not a loan, as it's not to be repaid.

It's not repayment of ABs loan. That doesnt happen for a few years.

It's not donations.

That leaves income, I reckon.

greenginger
13-10-2015, 03:28 PM
There's no denying there's an outstanding ability to commit money to the cause of their team, even if that's not where all of it goes, or in the case of the demise of the Romanov era, none of it. I honestly don't believe the genuine fans amongst them deserve to be so fleeced, so often, for so long.

That's if that is where all the cash is coming from.

Not suggesting anything but, the FoH chairman is a business associate of a man with a couple of hundred million shunted out to some offshore destination. :greengrin

grunt
13-10-2015, 03:38 PM
As I understand it, it's contribution to working capital.

It's not a loan, as it's not to be repaid.

It's not repayment of ABs loan. That doesnt happen for a few years.

It's not donations.

That leaves income, I reckon.

You accountant types, blinding me with your special accountant language.
It's not being treated as income in the Bidco accounts.
It seems to be treated as a source of funds, and the figure for creditors includes an amount of £2.7m due to FoH.
The figure is large because FoH also provided an initial loan of £1.2m when Bidco acquired HMFC.
Suggest if you disagree with this treatment you should have a discussion with the auditors.
I know nothing.

CropleyWasGod
13-10-2015, 03:46 PM
You accountant types, blinding me with your special accountant language.
It's not being treated as income in the Bidco accounts.
It seems to be treated as a source of funds, and the figure for creditors includes an amount of £2.7m due to FoH.
The figure is large because FoH also provided an initial loan of £1.2m when Bidco acquired HMFC.
Suggest if you disagree with this treatment you should have a discussion with the auditors.
I know nothing.
I haven't seen the accounts, and can't see them on my phone. I'm relying on the snippets being posted on here

It sounds as if it's being treated as deferred income then. I'm assuming that's because, if the whole scheme goes belly up tomorrow, that money will be repayable to FOH.

If it all goes to plan,though, the full amount will be included as income on the day the share transfer happens. And will be taxable.:)

grunt
13-10-2015, 04:21 PM
It sounds as if it's being treated as deferred income then. I'm assuming that's because, if the whole scheme goes belly up tomorrow, that money will be repayable to FOH. Nope. The accounts have deferred income in them, but that consists of grants receivable from the Football Trust, and £3.5m from the sale of season tickets and sponsorship. The FoH debt is included in the related party relationships and transactions note, and as previously noted, is included in creditors as amounts due to FoH.

Suggest you wait till you've had a look at the accounts yourself.

jgl07
13-10-2015, 04:24 PM
I haven't seen the accounts, and can't see them on my phone. I'm relying on the snippets being posted on here

It sounds as if it's being treated as deferred income then. I'm assuming that's because, if the whole scheme goes belly up tomorrow, that money will be repayable to FOH.

If it all goes to plan,though, the full amount will be included as income on the day the share transfer happens. And will be taxable.:)

Hearts pay tax? What next?

It reminds me of Little Bonapart in Some Like it Hot. "In duh lass fissel year we made a hundred an' twelve million dollars before tax..... only we didn't pay no taxes."

grunt
13-10-2015, 04:27 PM

Hearts pay tax? What next?

It may be taxable, but it won't be taxed anytime soon. They've got £12.5m tax losses brought forward.

greenginger
13-10-2015, 04:29 PM

According to note 14 in the accounts, they have tax losses of £ 12.5 million available should they show a profit.

I would have thought the administration process wiping out their debts would also remove losses that could be set off against future tax.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Just had a quick look over at kakback, did you know they beat us 5-1 and we are Lochend vermin?

That ought to sort out the debt...

:lolyam:

Kato
13-10-2015, 05:35 PM
They've got £12.5m tax losses brought forward.

Is this where we take away the number we first thought of and it turns out to be our birth date or something?

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 06:06 PM
Just had a quick look over at kakback, did you know they beat us 5-1 and we are Lochend vermin?

That ought to sort out the debt...

:lolyam:
Lochend,gorgie hmm let me think about it. My mate from Nottingham went down that way a couple of weeks ago on business and couldn't believe the mess and he now believes me that there is indeed a permanent odour just hanging in the air. Burnt turnips was his best guess!

The Falcon
13-10-2015, 06:10 PM

When they mention that I tend to bring up the poppy fund and other charities which unwittingly funded that team.

Events have been known to escalate quickly from there.

Thecat23
13-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Just had a look on kickback and holy **** they don't half have serious issues. I love the "forgot they even existed" 😂😂 These pink face fat turds wouldn't be able live without the hate for Hibs! It's actually embarrassing grown men like coming out with such pish. Couple of posters actually seem alright and prob the kind you could speak too about football but the usual suspects are all back out. You can tell right away the kind of life they have led. Never picked at sports, never had a girlfriend and lovely red coupon and a huge belly.

Kickback "the peado's paradise."

HibeesLA
13-10-2015, 06:24 PM
When they mention that I tend to bring up the poppy fund and other charities which unwittingly funded that team.

It's all poppycock as my mother used to say.

jgl07
13-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Bostonhibby
13-10-2015, 06:35 PM
It's all poppycock as my mother used to say.

:agree: Poppies and cocks, both will be forever part of their modern history.

Lest they forget.

Soldiersteve
13-10-2015, 07:35 PM
No doubt they will be displaying "Lest We Forget" flags for Remembrance next month.
They won't even see the irony!

greenginger
13-10-2015, 10:39 PM
I see Bidco acquired a further 15% of the shares of HOMFC during the year, for £ 19,000 cash. ( note 7 )

I guess that was Vlad's nieces holding. No more fashioniesta displays from the Yam pound store. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
14-10-2015, 12:50 AM
According to note 14 in the accounts, they have tax losses of £ 12.5 million available should they show a profit.

I would have thought the administration process wiping out their debts would also remove losses that could be set off against future tax.
Along with the assets and trade, buying the shares of the old company should entitle them to the losses brought forward as well.

Pete
14-10-2015, 06:12 AM

Indeed. That game was completely neutralised by their admission of cheating and it upsets me that some hibees get upset about it.

Cheats. Never let them forget.

Ozyhibby
14-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Along with the assets and trade, buying the shares of the old company should entitle them to the losses brought forward as well.

It's an amazing system that you can bring forward losses while at the same time stiff HMRC for £1.8m.
Capitalism certainly makes it easy for people to attack it. [emoji22]

CropleyWasGod
22-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Nope. The accounts have deferred income in them, but that consists of grants receivable from the Football Trust, and £3.5m from the sale of season tickets and sponsorship. The FoH debt is included in the related party relationships and transactions note, and as previously noted, is included in creditors as amounts due to FoH.

Suggest you wait till you've had a look at the accounts yourself.

Okay, stopped travelling now, and had a chance to look at the accounts :greengrin

A few things that spring to mind:-

1. AB is sole director? I thought that there were others, although I'm maybe getting mixed up with FOH. (Edit. I'm getting mixed up with the PLC)

2. AB doesn't have security over Tynie. In fact, FOH do. That surprises me.

3. thought I'd seen somewhere on here that she's getting 6% on her loan. Can't see that anywhere in the accounts. Have I missed it?
EDIT. You had said 6.5%.... I can see how you get to that.

4. the FOH sundry creditor thing. I'm guessing that, once the shares are handed over, that debt will be swapped for equity. Or else it will be paid over to the PLC? Maybe one of our friendlier Jamboids can confirm that ?

PatHead
22-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Okay, stopped travelling now, and had a chance to look at the accounts :greengrin

1. AB is sole director? I thought that there were others, although I'm maybe getting mixed up with FOH.

3. thought I'd seen somewhere on here that she's getting 6% on her loan. Can't see that anywhere in the accounts. Have I missed it?

4. the FOH sundry creditor thing. I'm guessing that, once the shares are handed over, that debt will be swapped for equity. Maybe one of our friendlier Jamboids can confirm that ?

Welcome back. Just one question. Are they in trouble or is it a feasible business plan

greenginger
22-10-2015, 04:52 PM

1. AB is sole director? I thought that there were others, although I'm maybe getting mixed up with FOH.

4. the FOH sundry creditor thing. I'm guessing that, once the shares are handed over, that debt will be swapped for equity. Maybe one of our friendlier Jamboids can confirm that ?

According to the HOMFC Companies House website entry, both Bidco and FoH have standard securities and floating charges over the PBS.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005863

CropleyWasGod
22-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Welcome back. Just one question. Are they in trouble or is it a feasible business plan
It's probably too early to say.

There's no doubt that the 120k per month has been a godsend for them. It's arguable that, without it, they might not have had such a good season. If it continues, the future looks okay for them. Even if it drops off a bit, the extra revenue that it has "bought " makes it look like a decent plan.

The issue for me is what happens if complacency sets in and it drops a lot, say by half. Are they still sustainable? Is AB brave enough to cut costs? Would the fans accept that ?

CropleyWasGod
22-10-2015, 04:59 PM
According to the HOMFC Companies House website entry, both Bidco and FoH have standard securities and floating charges over the PBS.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005863
But AB doesn't. That's the bit that surprises me.

Kato
22-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Would the fans accept that ?

No.

The only time they complained about Mercer/The Pieman was when the money dried up.

They never complained about Romanov ever but that's because they were cowards.

greenginger
22-10-2015, 05:04 PM
The Standard Security of Tynie got me thinking about what happened to the stone office block on the left hand side as you approach the main stand.

It was never owned by Hearts, some other Vlad company had it and charged rent which was never paid.

They are still using it, do they have a proper lease and rental agreement , or are they Squatting ! :greengrin

greenginger
22-10-2015, 05:06 PM
But AB doesn't. That's the bit that surprises me.

Bidco 1874 ltd is 100% owned by Ann Budge

Bostonhibby
22-10-2015, 05:07 PM
No.

The only time they complained about Mercer/The Pieman was when the money dried up.

They never complained about Romanov ever but that's because they were cowards.

:confused: Pretty sure I seen a picture of one cardigan kicking a Russian hat at some point? About as fire up as they get about their club right enough. As long as theres someones cash about all's hunky dory.

CropleyWasGod
22-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Bidco 1874 ltd is 100% owned by Ann Budge
I know that. But she has lent them 2.4m which appears to be unsecured.

Kato
22-10-2015, 05:14 PM
:confused: Pretty sure I seen a picture of one cardigan kicking a Russian hat at some point?

Fair enough - but a couple of erses kicking out at headgear doesn't add to the bile they dished out to Mercer or The Pieman when their dosh dried up. In the main they kowtowed to Romanov as quickly, often and as low as possible.

greenginger
22-10-2015, 05:20 PM
I know that. But she has lent them 2.4m which appears to be unsecured.

I think I'm missing something here.

First paragraph of the Accounts says Bidco made the loan of £ 2.4 million to Hearts.

CropleyWasGod
22-10-2015, 05:25 PM
I think I'm missing something here.

First paragraph of the Accounts says Bidco made the loan of £ 2.4 million to Hearts.
And AB also lent Bidco the same amount.

TBH, I think that the full funding picture won't be clear until the PLCs accounts are out, which should be over the next few weeks.

Bostonhibby
22-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Fair enough - but a couple of erses kicking out at headgear doesn't add to the bile they dished out to Mercer or The Pieman when their dosh dried up. In the main they kowtowed to Romanov as quickly, often and as low as possible.

:aok: Was being sarcastic - their non existent protest and herd like behaviour is exactly why the vlads of this world can take all their money and run away once they get tired of the devotion.

The hat kicker stood out as a symbol of protest as it was the only one I could recall - no doubt there were mumblings in golf club and bowling club snugs about the possible text of strongly worded letters but they are that gullible and shameless that so long as the illusion of success is there they really don't care where the cash comes from or who brings it.

AndyM_1875
23-10-2015, 08:22 AM
It's probably too early to say.

There's no doubt that the 120k per month has been a godsend for them.

Is it correct to say the donations to FOH have basically handed the Football team its working capital?

CropleyWasGod
23-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Is it correct to say the donations to FOH have basically handed the Football team its working capital?

Probably fair to say.

Without, for example, the £1m they handed over when the CVA was agreed, it's difficult to see how they would have got going without some other form of funding.

Ozyhibby
23-10-2015, 11:39 AM
The £1.3m they get every year from FoH is probably equal to Ross County's whole playing budget. It will make a massive difference.
That's why it's important to build up HSL. If we want to keep up, we will need the finance to do it.

O'Rourke3
23-10-2015, 11:46 AM
But what happens when they actually buy the club? Currently they are motivated by keeping the club alive. Once AB goes they may have built up a decent credit record but what is there to sustain it? The only security they could put up would be a dilapidated stadium. Unless FOH sells significant shares to a sugar daddy or institution these folks are pittin their hands in their pockets for a deal longer.

Ozyhibby
23-10-2015, 01:13 PM
But what happens when they actually buy the club? Currently they are motivated by keeping the club alive. Once AB goes they may have built up a decent credit record but what is there to sustain it? The only security they could put up would be a dilapidated stadium. Unless FOH sells significant shares to a sugar daddy or institution these folks are pittin their hands in their pockets for a deal longer.

Are they still motivated by keeping the club alive?
Fact is the club has now been saved and is owned by Ann Budge. They could all stop paying in tomorrow and the club would still continue. I think now they are motivated by having a bigger player budget.

green day
24-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Actually they are motivated by their obsession with our club.

Craig Levein, apparently a "director" of that club tweeted yesterday about his birthday.

He said something along the lines of having seen some great things in his 5-1 years.

Mr White
24-10-2015, 07:15 AM

Craig Levein, apparently a "director" of that club tweeted yesterday about his birthday.

He said something along the lines of having seen some great things in his 5-1 years.

Like other people winning medals. Always the bridesmaid craigy boy.

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2015, 07:51 AM

He must've seen them cos he certainly wasn't part of them. Even when he had the chance to be a great he bottled it and missed the game with flu.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2015, 07:55 AM
He must've seen them cos he certainly wasn't part of them. Even when he had the chance to be a great he bottled it and missed the game with flu.

Funny you mention 1986. Read something the other day that Medals McKay and Levein caught up for a chat the other day. Didn't know they didn't speak to each other after Albert Kidd broke their hearts. Think McKay called the ones who didn't play, bottlers, and they didn't speak for years after

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Funny you mention 1986. Read something the other day that Medals McKay and Levein caught up for a chat the other day. Didn't know they didn't speak to each other after Albert Kidd broke their hearts. Think McKay called the ones who didn't play, bottlers, and they didn't speak for years after

I can imagine that being the reaction from those that played.

Mind you those that played bottled it as well, but at least they turned up.

bawheid
24-10-2015, 08:54 AM
I can imagine that being the reaction from those that played.

Mind you those that played bottled it as well, but at least they turned up.

:agree:

A glittering career indeed. Nae medals, shat himself before the biggest game of his life, punched a team mate, ran away when Romanov arrived, worst Scotland manager ever.

No wonder real fitba men see him for what he is. A fud.

weecounty hibby
24-10-2015, 08:59 AM
:agree:

A glittering career indeed. Nae medals, shat himself before the biggest game of his life, punched a team mate, ran away when Romanov arrived, worst Scotland manager ever.

No wonder real fitba men see him for what he is. A fud.

He was a horrible player and is a horrible person. Match made in heaven him and the Jambos

O'Rourke3
24-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Are they still motivated by keeping the club alive?
Fact is the club has now been saved and is owned by Ann Budge. They could all stop paying in tomorrow and the club would still continue. I think now they are motivated by having a bigger player budget.

I think that's unlikely. AB didn't want in to start with but was the only season ticket holder with enough cash to make any plan viable. If they look like defaulting she'll either shut up shop or move the club. That'll get the DDs working again. They'll never sort the dump out now so a slow campaign to move to a friendly site unfortunately probably near me in West Lothian. If you've ever read Pet Cemetery it sums this club up. It seems like a good idea to resurrect dead things but not thinking it through leads to making things a lot worse...

Aldo
24-10-2015, 09:33 AM
I think that's unlikely. AB didn't want in to start with but was the only season ticket holder with enough cash to make any plan viable. If they look like defaulting she'll either shut up shop or move the club. That'll get the DDs working again. They'll never sort the dump out now so a slow campaign to move to a friendly site unfortunately probably near me in West Lothian. If you've ever read Pet Cemetery it sums this club up. It seems like a good idea to resurrect dead things but not thinking it through leads to making things a lot worse...

Biggest question being ... Where they going to get the funds for a new stadium. If the Council get involved in this (which I very much doubt as they don't have money like that) then the outcry will be huge.

green day
24-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Biggest question being ... Where they going to get the funds for a new stadium. If the Council get involved in this (which I very much doubt as they don't have money like that) then the outcry will be huge.

The council wont put any money in, but I fully expect that - even if it falls about about their ears - the safety certificate will continue to be renewed. Small things like that help - the kind of assistance we simply did not see.

Aldo
24-10-2015, 09:48 AM
The council wont put any money in, but I fully expect that - even if it falls about about their ears - the safety certificate will continue to be renewed. Small things like that help - the kind of assistance we simply did not see.

Agree about the safety certificate and tbh I don't fancy sitting in that death trap when a ball hits the roof and the asbestos dust particles are floating about.

The main stand at the PBS is a disgrace and is now like something out of junior football.

dangermouse
24-10-2015, 10:01 AM

What happened in 1986? Is there any video of this? :wink:

Betty Boop
24-10-2015, 10:03 AM

There is no chance of the Council giving them any money, when they are getting rid of at least two thousand workers. They don't have a bolt.

AndyM_1875
24-10-2015, 10:13 AM

Give Tynecastle to a developer and get them to build an out the box breeze block stadium (capacity 20,000) like St Johnstone did when they sold Muirton Park to Asda. That takes care of all the mess in site clearance costs and won't incur the large costs of redeveloping that crumbling asbestos ridden wreck of a stand.

Council involvement won't be financial, they have no money, (Trams and Meadowbank redevelopment) but they may well pull strings & call in favours to help their pet football team.

Unfortunately for O'Rourke3, they have been sniffing about land just past Riccarton over the City border in West Lothian. Sorry B.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2015, 10:14 AM

Where will they play if they only have 3 stands

linlithgowhibbie
24-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Where will they play if they only have 3 stands

They are planning on fitting changing rooms, social club and sponsors lounges under the Wheatfield stand which will allow them to build a new stand taking their capacity to 22000,,,,,,, oh also getting the pitch(that they don't own) at the back of the Wheatfield and use it for community use!!!!

Really, that's whats the latest on Keechback

~:gwa:

Billy Whizz
24-10-2015, 10:43 AM
They are planning on fitting changing rooms, social club and sponsors lounges under the Wheatfield stand which will allow them to build a new stand taking their capacity to 22000,,,,,,, oh also getting the pitch(that they don't own) at the back of the Wheatfield and use it for community use!!!!

I'm sure they are, but their capacity is going to be well down for at lead a season. What does Tynie hold/what does the old asbestos stand hold

Im sure they are building a new stand, but this will take at least a season etc to build
What does Tynie/old asbestos stand hold?
Will reduce their revenue significantly for this period of time

greenginger
24-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Agree about the safety certificate and tbh I don't fancy sitting in that death trap when a ball hits the roof and the asbestos dust particles are floating about.

The main stand at the PBS is a disgrace and is now like something out of junior football.

Hearts were given a closure notice of their main stand at same time we were. Roughly 15 years ago both clubs were told to replace their main stands within 2 years or their safety certificates would be withdrawn. That info came from Petrie in an informal chat after an AGM .

We, of course rebuilt our stand, whilst the Gorgie grunts have been given extension after extension.

Maybe that could be a topic Gerry Farrell could visit next time he wants to discuss the dangers to spectators caused by the lack of hot water in Hib's toilets. :greengrin

O'Rourke3
24-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Give Tynecastle to a developer and get them to build an out the box breeze block stadium (capacity 20,000) like St Johnstone did when they sold Muirton Park to Asda. That takes care of all the mess in site clearance costs and won't incur the large costs of redeveloping that crumbling asbestos ridden wreck of a stand.

Council involvement won't be financial, they have no money, (Trams and Meadowbank redevelopment) but they may well pull strings & call in favours to help their pet football team.

Unfortunately for O'Rourke3, they have been sniffing about land just past Riccarton over the City border in West Lothian. Sorry B.

Yip. Tough to see where they'd end up though. Anything between Herriot Watt and Livingston is stuffed due to lack of road capacity. Why anyone would give permission to build a stadium on land that you can only approach on B roads is a non starter. Any new build has to have decent access to the motorway these days. I give you Heartlands. J4a. Heart of Whitburn or Bathgate :greengrin

dangermouse
24-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Yip. Tough to see where they'd end up though. Anything between Herriot Watt and Livingston is stuffed due to lack of road capacity. Why anyone would give permission to build a stadium on land that you can only approach on B roads is a non starter. Any new build has to have decent access to the motorway these days. I give you Heartlands. J4a. Heart of Whitburn or Bathgate :greengrin

Why should the owl centre have to suffer having them a neighbours! Let them wither and die (Hearts not the owls)

itslegaltender
24-10-2015, 12:01 PM

I think Hermiston is realistically there only choice although there were some rumblings before about land betwen Mid Calder and Newbridge?

O'Rourke3
24-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I think Hermiston is realistically there only choice although there were some rumblings before about land betwen Mid Calder and Newbridge?

Mid Calder to Newbridge is the Almondvale Country Park. East Calder to NB (where there is some talk of a new road due to the thousands of houses being built in East Calder) will run through a number of Chicken Farms - so there may be something in this as Hearts are a full time chickensh*t outfit :devil:. But that was my point. Without the roads already there then there's no point. The A71 is at full capacity most days and the M8 is a fairly unreliable alternative unless you like sitting in a lot of stationary traffic. A new stadium takes long term planning. Hearts don't have a long time.....

Moulin Yarns
24-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Lack of good roads didn't stop T in the park and 80000 fans decend at Strathallan

jacomo
24-10-2015, 01:03 PM

Ha ha.

BELIEVE!

O'Rourke3
24-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Lack of good roads didn't stop T in the park and 80000 fans decend at Strathallan

Once a year not every other week. Try getting into St Andrews when a tourney is on - impossible - but they live with it as it's only a few days every year and they make a mint locally. There's no local trade to support a stadium just a lot of people to inconvenience on roads that couldn't currently cope.