PDA

View Full Version : NHC Vilnius pich

Lago
12-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Watching the England game and must say the artificial pitch looks to be of the highest quality, really quite impressive.

BoomtownHibees
12-10-2015, 07:59 PM
Watching the England game and must say the artificial pitch looks to be of the highest quality, really quite impressive.

Woy was saying before that game that's it ok as far as 3G goes but not the highest quality of artificial pitches

easty
12-10-2015, 08:05 PM
I possibly heard him wrong, but I'm sure I heard that numpty Butcher, on Sky Sports News, talking about how Lithuania were watering the artificial pitch before the game, saying he'd never seen an artificial pitch that was watered. Didn't Hamilton water thier pitch before we played them in the play-off?

vanNISHtelroy
12-10-2015, 08:32 PM
They were saying it like it was strange on ITV as well

Ours gets watered at RP too, apparently if you don't the ball holds up way to much and doesn't really run though like a normal pitch.

SunshineOnLeith
12-10-2015, 09:15 PM
I possibly heard him wrong, but I'm sure I heard that numpty Butcher, on Sky Sports News, talking about how Lithuania were watering the artificial pitch before the game, saying he'd never seen an artificial pitch that was watered. Didn't Hamilton water thier pitch before we played them in the play-off?

Would you be surprised if he didn't notice? I'd be surprised if he even knew Hamilton had a plastic pitch.

givescotlandfreedom
12-10-2015, 11:10 PM

You'd have thought a man with his level of gardening leave would know his stuff.

silverhibee
12-10-2015, 11:41 PM

It's quite common for them to be watered, depends on the weather i would think.

silverhibee
12-10-2015, 11:48 PM
They were saying it like it was strange on ITV as well

Ours gets watered at RP too, apparently if you don't the ball holds up way to much and doesn't really run though like a normal pitch.

Yip, if it is warm/hot the pitch becomes sticky and as you say the ball holds up and doesn't run through the way it would on a grass pitch, when watered the ball zips along the pitch, a nightmare for goalkeepers.

Grass pitch all the time for me.

I was pretty amazed that the SFA allowed Killie to lay a 3g pitch in the top flight of our league.

Take it Killie/players are still trying to adapt to it. :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
13-10-2015, 05:52 AM
Did you see how they watered it? No sprinklers or that, got the fire brigade in to hose it!!!

Winston Ingram
13-10-2015, 06:49 PM

We watered our training pitch at East Mains. Shows how much attention that numpty paid

vanNISHtelroy
14-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Yip, if it is warm/hot the pitch becomes sticky and as you say the ball holds up and doesn't run through the way it would on a grass pitch, when watered the ball zips along the pitch, a nightmare for goalkeepers.

Grass pitch all the time for me.

I was pretty amazed that the SFA allowed Killie to lay a 3g pitch in the top flight of our league.

Take it Killie/players are still trying to adapt to it. :greengrin

Not actually been to a game this season cos of my work :/ but if its anything like last year it won't effect us cos the ball is in the air that much!