PDA

View Full Version : Jack Adamson Scotland under 16 captain and Hibs youngster Signs For Rangers

Ronniekirk
10-10-2015, 10:31 AM
ibrox noise making a big thing about signing him from us He has been with us for four years and was highly rated.
Anyone know anything about this Seems to come not long after we have sold some youngsters to old firm but don't know if we will get anything for him.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 10:56 AM
ibrox noise making a big thing about signing him from us He has been with us for four years and was highly rated.
Anyone know anything about this Seems to come not long after we have sold some youngsters to old firm but don't know if we will get anything for him.

Who?

sambajustice
10-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Did Scotland not get to the final of some U-16 World Cup where they eventually lost to Saudi Arabia U-21's.

I think something like one player from that team made it as a professional player and even at that I don't think he had that great a pro career.

My point is, I wouldn't be too worried about 14 and 15yr olds.

AlbertK86
10-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Did Scotland not get to the final of some U-16 World Cup where they eventually lost to Saudi Arabia U-21's. I think something like one player from that team made it as a professional player and even at that I don't think he had that great a pro career. My point is, I wouldn't be too worried about 14 and 15yr olds.

Paul Dickov

sambajustice
10-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Paul Dickov

Oh was it? Well he did alright actually. I had in my head it was some Aberdeen player or something, maybe there was more than one, I wrote my post without checking google!

Still, the point stands, very very few from that team made it.

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Did Scotland not get to the final of some U-16 World Cup where they eventually lost to Saudi Arabia U-21's.

I think something like one player from that team made it as a professional player and even at that I don't think he had that great a pro career.

Garry Bollan and Brian O'neill. Kevin Bain also.

Was actually a few more including our recent sports scientist guy who had just left to go to Rangers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship_squads

Jack Hackett
10-10-2015, 11:16 AM

:agree:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/freeze-frame-fifa-under-16-world-cup-final-24-june-1989-scotland-2-saudi-arabia-2-after-extra-time-saudi-arabia-won-5-4-on-penalties-1-1353761

Stonewall
10-10-2015, 11:22 AM

I would be very interested to find out if anyone on here knows why Jack Left Hibs. I was told that there had been a falling out with Hibs but to be honest the reason I was given, if true, made Hibs look extremely petty minded and vindictive and I found it hard to believe.

Very good source though.

easty
10-10-2015, 11:28 AM
I would be very interested to find out if anyone on here knows why Jack Left Hibs. I was told that there had been a falling out with Hibs but to be honest the reason I was given, if true, made Hibs look extremely petty minded and vindictive and I found it hard to believe.

Very good source though.

So, what as the reason??

ACLeith
10-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Garry Bollan and Brian O'neill. Kevin Bain also.

Was actually a few more including our recent sports scientist guy who had just left to go to Rangers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_FIFA_U-16_World_Championship_squads

We defeated Portugal in the semi-final, they had a similar lad playing who disappeared without trace - Luis Figo :greengrin. But if you look at all the squads then very few had a major career, not just Scotland.

Smartie
10-10-2015, 12:26 PM
It is a bit of a concern that so many of our youngsters have moved on in the last few months.

I'd be very interested to hear the reasons.

Jonnyboy
10-10-2015, 12:36 PM

Very good source though.

Article in the Evening Times had Jack both praising and thanking Hibs and the coaches there for the way they had looked after him for four years. Can't give a link on my phone --- sorry

tamig
10-10-2015, 12:46 PM
We defeated Portugal in the semi-final, they had a similar lad playing who disappeared without trace - Luis Figo :greengrin. But if you look at all the squads then very few had a major career, not just Scotland.

Just had a quick look through all the squads and a handfull of names in there who did all right. As you say though, a very small number compared those we've never heard of since.

Ozyhibby
10-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Couple of players from each team here in a Euro final.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/5221720.stm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
10-10-2015, 01:14 PM
It is a bit of a concern that so many of our youngsters have moved on in the last few months.

Agents. Promises of money. John Viola links to Rangers. Stepped up again since new Rangers board who know Viola well. Think that's about the size of it.

monktonharp
10-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Article in the Evening Times had Jack both praising and thanking Hibs and the coaches there for the way they had looked after him for four years. Can't give a link on my phone --- sorry our club, and fans don't want praise for nurturing young players. sounds a bit like being a nursery, never mind a feeder club. we want the best of our club's crop, nothing less. !

Jonnyboy
10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
our club, and fans don't want praise for nurturing young players. sounds a bit like being a nursery, never mind a feeder club. we want the best of our club's crop, nothing less. !

I agree. My post was in response to the one suggesting there may have been 'bad blood' at the parting of the ways.

steakbake
10-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Dinnae worry, most of them will be looking for jobs soon when they go tits up again.

O'Rourke3
10-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Quite funny the different reaction to news that some of our younger players move west to Celtic or Zombie's. Always an opinion or comment about what are we doing wrong.

Why should we be doing anything wrong? What experience do these boys have that allows then to compare one club to another?

At 16 I wanted to play football and if I was lucky break my duck with a girl. Few at that age are deep thinkers. So it's probably: financial - some offer of money toward something, domestic - moving home, logistical - travel or school, or some other good reason.

I'd start worrying when they all leave - but not go to other clubs - that would demonstrate something was going wrong.

The goalie
10-10-2015, 08:25 PM

Eddie May.
The numbers that have left since he came have been incredible and before folk give it the old, aye they are not good enough line they are and are mostly playing in other pro youth teams and doing very well. Not just players leaving coaches as well.

but folk will just claim its a pop at the club, it's not, it's concern for it.

Bronson
10-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Eddie May.
The numbers that have left since he came have been incredible and before folk give it the old, aye they are not good enough line they are and are mostly playing in other pro youth teams and doing very well. Not just players leaving coaches as well.

I know a couple young lads in the hibs youth set up and I have to say, I've yet to hear a positive word said about Eddie May yet, not a popular man.

Andy74
10-10-2015, 09:18 PM
I know a couple young lads in the hibs youth set up and I have to say, I've yet to hear a positive word said about Eddie May yet, not a popular man.

There was a big love in for McDonough and he produced virtually nothing for the first team. I'm not bothered if he is popular or not it's what he ends up producing that counts.

cad
10-10-2015, 09:29 PM
I know anything about the lad but isn't it the entire point of our Academy is to spend time developing and nurturing our own talent, 4 years slog only to disappear to the dark side for whatever reason seems a waste of time on Hibs part no.
I hope its a one off and not a developing trend,yet various posts over the last month or so would suggest it may be a bigger issue than first thought .

HoboHarry
10-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Eddie May.

How do the numbers leaving compare to the numbers of those signed?

Brooster
10-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Hibs need to address this pronto. Too many under the age of 16 looking to leave. There's problems up EM way no doubt about that. I was speaking to a 12 yo today, a promising one at that, who has asked to leave to go back to his boys club. Im also speaking to parents of players who say its a shambles, that we are miles behind other teams in terms of the use of video analysis etc. Time to wake up.

The goalie
10-10-2015, 09:43 PM
How do the numbers leaving compare to the numbers of those signed?
Much more leaving than coming in and those coming in not as good, it's the Hibs way :)

Bronson
10-10-2015, 09:45 PM
There was a big love in for McDonough and he produced virtually nothing for the first team. I'm not bothered if he is popular or not it's what he ends up producing that counts.

I'd say that's harsh on McDonaugh. Jordon Forster, Jason Cummings, Danny Handling are all current first team players produced by McDonaugh. Alex Harris (I want to believe there's still a player in there) also broke through under him although he looks to be struggling these days.

I think there's a right way to coach youngsters and the things I've been hearing about Eddie May are concerning.

Andy74
10-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Hibs need to address this pronto. Too many under the age of 16 looking to leave. There's problems up EM way no doubt about that. I was speaking to a 12 yo today, a promising one at that, who has asked to leave to go back to his boys club. Im also speaking to parents of players who say its a shambles, that we are miles behind other teams in terms of the use of video analysis etc. Time to wake up.

Why don't you contact Hibs and post their response up here?

Brooster
10-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Why don't you contact Hibs and post their response up here?

Hibs are well aware of the problems. Whether they choose to act is anyones guess.

HoboHarry
10-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Much more leaving than coming in and those coming in not as good, it's the Hibs way :)
So you have nothing to back that up then? No actual figures and an opinion that they are not as good? Is that about it?

DaveF
10-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Hibs are well aware of the problems. Whether they choose to act is anyones guess.

We (hibs.net) provided video equipment to assist in analysis of ALL games:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4784

but then I imagine this didn't help:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-cameraman-mugged-by-knife-thug-on-way-to-game-1-3771259

Andy74
10-10-2015, 10:05 PM

Lots of people are claiming there are issues. It would surely be of interest to see it raised direct with Hibs for their comment? Seems fair to give them the chance to address it seeing as it seems to be so widely known that the new structure is a shambles?

Brooster
10-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Lots of people are claiming there are issues. It would surely be of interest to see it raised direct with Hibs for their comment? Seems fair to give them the chance to address it seeing as it seems to be so widely known that the new structure is a shambles?

I dont feel the need to state the obvious. Craig and Dempster should be all over this.

Ronniekirk
10-10-2015, 10:39 PM
I dont feel the need to state the obvious. Craig and Dempster should be all over this.

They absolutely need to be all over this ,as one of the major issues Leeann identified when she first came in ,was the need to Bridge the Dissconnectb between the Academy and the First Team which she is calling the a Elite Team in her Interview with Matty

monktonharp
10-10-2015, 11:14 PM
We (hibs.net) provided video equipment to assist in analysis of ALL games:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4784

but then I imagine this didn't help:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/hibs-cameraman-mugged-by-knife-thug-on-way-to-game-1-3771259Good work, and sad to see what happened to the equipment but, where does this all fit in with the alleged problems brewing at EM training centre and us losing very promising youngsters at an alarming rate?

DaveF
11-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Good work, and sad to see what happened to the equipment but, where does this all fit in with the alleged problems brewing at EM training centre and us losing very promising youngsters at an alarming rate?

No idea. I don't have any inside info at all. I was just pointing out that equipment was bought for this very purpose.

McD
11-10-2015, 01:19 PM
I have no knowledge of how things are in the youth setup, I have noticed that there's several people saying/implying that Eddie May is responsible for the number of young players leaving.

Theres not not been any details or specifics as to how it's May's fault (not saying different, just looking for something tangible), perhaps those who have more knowledge could share and allow us all to have a more informed conversation. Certainly I would have thought that Hibs have multiple coaches across the age groups, so not sure how it can all be laid at Eddie May's feet?

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2015, 01:29 PM

From the same people who brought you: "Sixteen year old John Fleck is the new Wayne Rooney, fast track him into the Scotland side." How's that one working out?

Seriously though, something seems to be misfiring a little at Hibs youth set up.

lucky
11-10-2015, 02:13 PM
I know of a couple of kids that left Hibs, one to Celtic the other to Motherwell and the reason was the travelling from Glasgow to EM 2/3 times a week. Nothing was mentioned about coaching just the travelling time.

Smartie
11-10-2015, 02:27 PM
The thing is though, Eddie May isn't there to make friends or to win trophies at youth level. He's there to get players ready to play in our first team and was brought in from Falkirk with a track record in being able to do this.

You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. We're overhauling our youth system which hasn't really been cutting it for some time. I don't ever know the ins and outs of what goes on inside ER/EM but it seems we've started down a particular path with Eddie May and it is important that we see it through.

If it's good enough for Stubbs and Dempster and all that.

Big L
11-10-2015, 05:50 PM
We lost a cracking kid to celtic about 2 months ago, I also have to wonder if this situation has anything to do with Spartans decision to stop the agreement with us!

Silky
11-10-2015, 05:59 PM
The thing is though, Eddie May isn't there to make friends or to win trophies at youth level. He's there to get players ready to play in our first team and was brought in from Falkirk with a track record in being able to do this.

You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. We're overhauling our youth system which hasn't really been cutting it for some time. I don't ever know the ins and outs of what goes on inside ER/EM but it seems we've started down a particular path with Eddie May and it is important that we see it through.

If it's good enough for Stubbs and Dempster and all that.

I tend to agree with that. If the young players don't want to play for Eddie then there will be plenty who do! He did have a good track record at Falkirk and as far as I am aware was quite well regarded as a youth coach. Maybe the young guys are just soft as and can't/don't want to accept criticism or embrace Eddie's style. Doesn't make him the bad guy.

Andy74
11-10-2015, 09:31 PM
I tend to agree with that. If the young players don't want to play for Eddie then there will be plenty who do! He did have a good track record at Falkirk and as far as I am aware was quite well regarded as a youth coach. Maybe the young guys are just soft as and can't/don't want to accept criticism or embrace Eddie's style. Doesn't make him the bad guy.

Which is why a bit of substance to the rumours that everyone seems to know would be good. Lots of posts saying there is a problem but none giving any detail or willing to raise with Hibs.

gegs70
11-10-2015, 11:20 PM
I wondered how hibs scout for kids nowadays. Do they have scouts watch a number of games or just top teams!?

truehibernian
11-10-2015, 11:29 PM
The problem for me, and I saw it coming, was the geography of East Mains and that Hibs don't have the resources to fund travel etc - years ago in my youth days, Dundee, Hearts, Hibs and a couple of other sides trained at Riccarton (under 13's upwards etc).......it was reasonably easy to get to for parents and central enough for folk to get on the by-pass..........East Mains is fantastic but should not be the Hub for our youngsters in my opinion (which is why Spartans was ideal).

Meadowbank could be an option - who knows - but for me it isn't Eddie May or the coaches (as we have poached coaches from other clubs) - it's quite simply it's hard to get to and involves extra travel. Eddie is a tough bar steward though, which for me is not a bad thing. We've had our fair share of shrinking violets at Hibs. It's why we are where we are after all (for me).

The Rangers and Celtic also offer really good deals and packages - one lad who supports Hibs is at The Rangers and plays for Scotland - he was offered a city centre flat in Glasgow so he was closer to the academy (just about to turn 16)........Hibs simply cannot compete with that. Parents eyes and heads are turned too, quite often they live out their failed football 'careers' through their kids - hence the chronic failure rate amongst our youth players.

JimBHibees
12-10-2015, 09:04 AM
The problem for me, and I saw it coming, was the geography of East Mains and that Hibs don't have the resources to fund travel etc - years ago in my youth days, Dundee, Hearts, Hibs and a couple of other sides trained at Riccarton (under 13's upwards etc).......it was reasonably easy to get to for parents and central enough for folk to get on the by-pass..........East Mains is fantastic but should not be the Hub for our youngsters in my opinion (which is why Spartans was ideal).

Meadowbank could be an option - who knows - but for me it isn't Eddie May or the coaches (as we have poached coaches from other clubs) - it's quite simply it's hard to get to and involves extra travel. Eddie is a tough bar steward though, which for me is not a bad thing. We've had our fair share of shrinking violets at Hibs. It's why we are where we are after all (for me).

The Rangers and Celtic also offer really good deals and packages - one lad who supports Hibs is at The Rangers and plays for Scotland - he was offered a city centre flat in Glasgow so he was closer to the academy (just about to turn 16)........Hibs simply cannot compete with that. Parents eyes and heads are turned too, quite often they live out their failed football 'careers' through their kids - hence the chronic failure rate amongst our youth players.

I think location is a factor a kid I know of from Livingston, makes the trip twice a week and it is a hassle for his parents especially getting round the bypass at rush hour. Like it or not the better young kids will likely be from west Central Scotland which would make travelling even more of an issue.

PISTOL1875
12-10-2015, 05:27 PM

Zac Rudden by any chance ??

Coco Bryce
12-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Heard Eddie May emptied one of our top prospect goalkeepers about 2 weeks ago. 15 year old I think because he had a run in with a ref during a match?. Used the old, sorry son your too small to be a goalie. Sure he's just under 6ft. Also heard there has been about 15-20 coaches left since May took over. It's his way or the highway. Nobody else gets any input in any of the players progress. Spartans not big fans of him either and his antics. That's why they pulled the plug on the partnership.

coldingham hibs
13-10-2015, 04:10 AM
I wondered how hibs scout for kids nowadays. Do they have scouts watch a number of games or just top teams!?

Scouts watching games every week all over the country. Scout numbers have increased significantly in the last few months. This is done on a voluntary basis. Well done those dedicated individuals 😉.

IanM
13-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Noticed Hearts have punted their development manager

@STVSport: Under-20s manager Jack Ross leaves Hearts with immediate effect http://t.co/XFZVsqXcdV

I should keep more tabs on the development players, are Hibs and Hearts in the same boat with standard of youngsters? Who has the better overall squad?

Billy Whizz
13-10-2015, 11:23 AM

@STVSport: Under-20s manager Jack Ross leaves Hearts with immediate effect http://t.co/XFZVsqXcdV

I should keep more tabs on the development players, are Hibs and Hearts in the same boat with standard of youngsters? Who has the better overall squad?

They reckon Frail might be back in. No indication off why Ross was leaving now, although someone suggested he might be going as someone's assistant manager somewhere?

Coco Bryce
13-10-2015, 12:05 PM

Probably end up at East Mains.

3pm
13-10-2015, 12:40 PM
They reckon Frail might be back in. No indication off why Ross was leaving now, although someone suggested he might be going as someone's assistant manager somewhere?

He was Murray's assistant at Dumbarton before he left for the filth.

Bad Martini
13-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Really? Will we print every thread from this board where we have issues/concerns/disagreements and points with Hibs and ask them to address them all?

Its a messageboard...where folk post their opinions; the problems start when others decide they are either in the know/business/in some way have a superiority complex over the rest of us minions with opinions....

As regards your comment on McDonough, he done not too badly with a certain J Cummings? Perhaps I imagined all those games where I seen Jason scoring rakers in the development team, with James in charge?

Gatecrasher
13-10-2015, 01:36 PM
I'd say that's harsh on McDonaugh. Jordon Forster, Jason Cummings, Danny Handling are all current first team players produced by McDonaugh. Alex Harris (I want to believe there's still a player in there) also broke through under him although he looks to be struggling these days.

I think there's a right way to coach youngsters and the things I've been hearing about Eddie May are concerning.

How long were Cummings and Forster in the hibs set up before making the first team? Cummings was at hearts prior to injury and was Forster not at Celtic? I'm not taking sides here but I would be interested to know.

oconnors_strip
13-10-2015, 01:38 PM
How long were Cummings and Forster in the hibs set up before making the first team? Cummings was at hearts prior to injury and was Forster not at Celtic? I'm not taking sides here but I would be interested to know.

Forster was at Celtic and joined hibs when he was 17

ronaldo7
13-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Scouts watching games every week all over the country. Scout numbers have increased significantly in the last few months. This is done on a voluntary basis. Well done those dedicated individuals .

:agree: One up at Penicuik the other week watching under 8's. Normally only see the Celtc coaches around. Well done the volunteer.:aok:

Blaster
13-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Forster was at Celtic and joined hibs when he was 17

Forster when on loan at Brechin was out of contract at the end of that season and wasn't expecting to get a new deal. However that changed when he had to play on the derby game out of necessity and the rest is history as they say

Had he not had to play in that game it's most likely he would have been freed

Ronniekirk
14-10-2015, 08:24 AM
If Stubbs rated this young guy highly and had pinpointed him as potential first team player in next few years whose job in the new set up was it to have him signed up so that Rangers couldnt just step in and sign him up .