PDA

View Full Version : Bloody International weekends.

Spike Mandela
10-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Firstly let me say, I support the Scottish football team, want them to win and would love to see them at a major International tournament.

I hate the International break. I miss the old days of midweek International fixtures with your club games still on at the weekend..(you know, when we used to qualify for tournaments before they changed it to give us a better chance of qualifying:rolleyes:)

No Hibs game, no visit to an Easter Road pub, no Jeff Stelling, no Pat Nevin, no match update thread, no 'match of the day' update thread, no other games but errrrrrrm at least Sportsound is still on.:whistle:

So here I sit contemplating that diy project I have been carefully avoiding for months, or going shopping( God no!), spending time with the family ( how I've missed the arguments, recriminations and daughter explaining why she really needs that iphone6), catching up with the housework, nailing a boxset or maybe even a bit of hillwalking (****, it's bloody raining again).

So what to do, how do you fill your day......any suggestions?

At least it hasn't got so painstakingly, boringly bad that I have remotely considered watching the ****ing rugby.:cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2015, 10:36 AM
The boozers are still open.

Borderhibbie76
10-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Saturdays just arent the same without watching the Hibees :(

Eyrie
10-10-2015, 11:49 AM
I'll be watching Scotland play Samoa in a must-win game.

But with no Hibs to worry about this weekend I've taken a complete break from football.

Hiber-nation
10-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Hate them hate them hate them hate them.

Staying off the bevvy on a day like this is impossible.

lyonhibs
10-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Hate them hate them hate them hate them.

Staying off the bevvy on a day like this is impossible.

So don't??

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Hate the international weekends.

Just can't get into international football at all so it's essentially a weekend without football for me. I actually quite like the post season break as it's a chance to recharge and do other things but this time of year is about going to Hibs games for me and having a weekend with no football is just rubbish.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 12:14 PM
The boozers are still open.

Indeed.

I played football this morning, and made an absolutely cracking save at a crucial time in a 3-1 win btw, so have earned the couple of pints I am now enjoying in Robbies.

Will likely have a couple of bets on the nags for a bit interest this afternoon to keep me occupied.

Hiber-nation
10-10-2015, 12:20 PM
So don't??

It's too early! Ach well....

frazeHFC
10-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Am I right in saying the Scotland U21 game is on Alba? Might give that a wee watch if McGinn and Cummings are playing.

My Saturday (and sunday) is woeful this weekend. Sat doing lab reports and dissertation work. :boo hoo:

GreenArmyyy!
10-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Despise international weekends, I feel lost on a Saturday afternoon with no footie!

Moulin Yarns
10-10-2015, 12:40 PM
5lb of Plum jam made, apples juiced, Apple sauce made. dull weather but some gardening later on.

Boozer when it gets dark. :greengrin

Hiber-nation
10-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Am I right in saying the Scotland U21 game is on Alba? Might give that a wee watch if McGinn and Cummings are playing.

My Saturday (and sunday) is woeful this weekend. Sat doing lab reports and dissertation work. :boo hoo:

Aye it is. Never knew that, cheers!

Mr White
10-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Ards fc v Armagh City in the belfast telegraph irish championship at the bangor fuels arena for me. Not a very good standard of football but usually an enjoyable afternoon :greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm packing my suitcase and preparing for my flight to Paphos tomorrow morning which has softened the blow somewhat of not having a Hibs game to go to this weekend, i must be honest! :greengrin

ChicagoHibee
10-10-2015, 01:45 PM
A really good one is on tonight (or early tomorrow morning for most of you); USA v. Mexico. Winner represents the region in the 2017 Confederations Cup.

Bishop Hibee
10-10-2015, 02:01 PM
Under 21 Scotland v France live on BBC Alba. McGinn and Cummings start.

frazeHFC
10-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Great pass by Cummings there! Good looking team Scotland have.

EDIT: as in quality :tee hee:

IrnBru22
10-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Under 21 Scotland v France live on BBC Alba. McGinn and Cummings start.

1-0 France, kingsley o.g

frazeHFC
10-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Nearly a response. Gauld volleys it onto the post.

EdinMike
10-10-2015, 02:26 PM
...Ruggers on !

silverhibee
10-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Anyone else having problems logging in to willie hill online site. :grr:

Oscar T Grouch
10-10-2015, 02:47 PM
...Ruggers on !

Thats all I'm getting, no U21 on my Alba :confused:

RyeSloan
10-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Indeed. I played football this morning, and made an absolutely cracking save at a crucial time in a 3-1 win btw, so have earned the couple of pints I am now enjoying in Robbies. Will likely have a couple of bets on the nags for a bit interest this afternoon to keep me occupied.

Hope you had better luck than me today on the nags....nothing from 4 runners.

Add in that the day was spent regrouting a bathroom and my lower league acca was rubbish I'm defo in the 'hate the Interlull weekend' camp.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Hope you had better luck than me today on the nags....nothing from 4 runners.

Add in that the day was spent regrouting a bathroom and my lower league acca was rubbish I'm defo in the 'hate the Interlull weekend' camp.

1 winner, rubbish. And to cap it off Grumeti, who I almost always back as I love the pony, won the Cesarewitch at 50/1. Hopefully bodes well for the NH season though as he's a fine hurdler on his day.

RyeSloan
10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
1 winner, rubbish. And to cap it off Grumeti, who I almost always back as I love the pony, won the Cesarewitch at 50/1. Hopefully bodes well for the NH season though as he's a fine hurdler on his day.

50/1...that would have been nice! My nag was 21st!! Sums up my day!

Pete
10-10-2015, 06:53 PM
There's some nonsense across the boards right now and I can only put it down to the international break.

I don't know if it's bored hibees or hearts fans.

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 06:53 PM
There's some nonsense across the boards right now and I can only put it down to the international break.

Mix of both I think.

FranckSuzy
10-10-2015, 07:14 PM

:agree:

There's also a few that haven't posted for years then have hardly been off here recently, posting (on or starting) thread after thread....:hmmm:

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 07:24 PM

There's also a few that haven't posted for years then have hardly been off here recently, posting (on or starting) thread after thread....:hmmm:

Yamtastic

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2015, 07:47 PM

Weird. No posts for 3 years then about 200 in a week. Doesnae make sense...

Do people really keep an eye on that sort of stuff? Mental!

I could understand if it was GCHQ but ....

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 07:59 PM
The Hibernian Militant Tendancy are trying to stage a coo on Hibs Net. Tis the only answer. Divide and conquer and all that.

grunt
10-10-2015, 08:41 PM
... a coo on Hibs Net. http://www.frogwell.com/gallery/d/4258-2/Highland+Cow05

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 08:44 PM
http://www.frogwell.com/gallery/d/4258-2/Highland+Cow05

That's the fellah! If only the enemy within was so easy to identify

FranckSuzy
10-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Do people really keep an eye on that sort of stuff? Mental!

I could understand if it was GCHQ but ....

Probably :greengrin But it is kinda suss when a poster appears out of nowhere, comments on nearly every thread, posts contentious opinions and then contradicts themselves, repeatedly :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Probably :greengrin But it is kinda suss when a poster appears out of nowhere, comments on nearly every thread, posts contentious opinions and then contradicts themselves, repeatedly :wink:

Aye, I know who you mean right enough.

FranckSuzy
11-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Aye, I know who you mean right enough.

Mind you, maybe they've just been 'away' and are making up for lost time :agree: :greengrin

portyhibernian
11-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Competitive internationals I don't mind, it's the friendlies I can't stand. I don't know a football fan anywhere who has the slightest inclination to watch an international friendly. Always boring, always a complete waste of time.

Keith_M
12-10-2015, 10:22 AM
The midweek results are what ruined the international weekend for me. If the Sunday game had a relevance in whether Scotland could qualify, I wouldn't have minded so much.

Anyway, I've got Hibs v Dumbarton to look forward to on Saturday.

The Munich Hibees* are in town!

* Both of us ;-)