PDA

View Full Version : Leeann D

Pages : [1] 2

Rougier45
10-10-2015, 05:19 AM
Is the love in with Leann still in full flow ?

Whist I get that we have to keep prices at SPL level if we are to compete - 7 years in decline is taking its toll - fans have other thingsvto do on a Saturday - things are improving but another year at this level could kill us .

Leann apart from being a Glaswegian And a Rangers fan is doing an OK job but anyone who thinks that she is not taking orders from Rod is deluded .
The shares sale,was a disaster so what next .
I can't believe there has never been a bigger protest to force rod out

As for the fans on the board nonsense it's all a wash over to keep the hardcore deluded - never trust anyone by their words only their actions and until Rod goes I and lots of others will not return regularly as for buying shares I still have the old ones - that was worth it .

scoopyboy
10-10-2015, 05:35 AM

Whist I get that we have to keep prices at SPL level if we are to compete - 7 years in decline is taking its toll - fans have other thingsvto do on a Saturday - things are improving but another year at this level could kill us .

Leann apart from being a Glaswegian And a Rangers fan is doing an OK job but anyone who thinks that she is not taking orders from Rod is deluded .

As for the fans on the board nonsense it's all a wash over to keep the hardcore deluded - never trust anyone by their words only their actions and until Rod goes I and lots of others will not return regularly as for buying shares I still have the old ones - that was worth it .

Why was the old ones worth it?

I still have them too but the money just really went to buy hotels in Avon.

Beefster
10-10-2015, 05:36 AM
I'm not being arsey but it's Leeann.

And the spelling of her first name is one of the least wrong things in the OP.

green day
10-10-2015, 05:41 AM
Why was the old ones worth it?

I think he was being sarcastic.

Not sure the point of his thread overall though, just felt like another of those "I am bored so will make up yet another post knocking Hibs" things.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:50 AM
The shares sale was a 'disaster' that brought hundreds of thousands of pounds of new money into the club and will continue to do so. Whilst our start hasn't been great imo, the money has been quite clearly well invested in the football team.

scoopyboy
10-10-2015, 06:04 AM
I think he was being sarcastic.

Not sure the point of his thread overall though, just felt like another of those "I am bored so will make up yet another post knocking Hibs" things.

Didn't see the point in the OP so it was hard to draw logic from it never mind sarcasm.

lyonhibs
10-10-2015, 06:34 AM

Out of interest, what's your point caller?

Libby Hibby
10-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Out of interest, what's your point caller?

I might be wrong but I think it's a deluded attempt to spark up a negative discusion about the club when, certainly at face value, all seems pretty positive at the moment

Keith_M
10-10-2015, 07:07 AM
I'm not really sure I get the point if this thread.

Should we have a protest against the Club when things are being run in a better way, just because of Petrie?

GordonHFC
10-10-2015, 07:14 AM
is the love in with leann still in full flow ?

Whist i get that we have to keep prices at spl level if we are to compete - 7 years in decline is taking its toll - fans have other thingsvto do on a saturday - things are improving but another year at this level could kill us .

Leann apart from being a glaswegian and a rangers fan is doing an ok job but anyone who thinks that she is not taking orders from rod is deluded .

as for the fans on the board nonsense it's all a wash over to keep the hardcore deluded - never trust anyone by their words only their actions and until rod goes i and lots of others will not return regularly as for buying shares i still have the old ones - that was worth it .

wtf

staunchhibby
10-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Have had more news from the club this season than ever.Looks like an attempt at another negative thread.

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2015, 07:31 AM
Guess I am deluded then.

CentreLine
10-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Nurse NURSE!!!!! We have a bad case of intransigence here, is there anything we can do to save this poor soldier?

No! Thought not. Well we will just have to press on without him and hope very much that he catches up because we really need him in the bigger struggles to come. One day he will realise it's the team he should be supporting. None of us grew up thinking we were Hibs Board Supporters. We never even knew who the people were past the team, manager and physio.

Sir David Gray
10-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Why is it so hard for people to spell her name correctly?

It's Leeann!

Not Leann, Leanne, Lianne, Liann or any other variation of that name. It's Leeann! :grr:

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 07:54 AM

It's Leeann!

Not Leann, Leanne, Lianne, Liann or any other variation of that name. It's Leeann! :grr:

Shut it Trigg.

The_Horde
10-10-2015, 07:54 AM
I think Lianne is doing a great job, close this thread.

lord bunberry
10-10-2015, 08:01 AM

Idiotic post of the year contender :rolleyes:

Brightside
10-10-2015, 08:02 AM

Thats the spirit :rolleyes:

Forza Fred
10-10-2015, 08:07 AM
I question the purpose of the O P's post.

Got a stinky aroma about it.

matty_f
10-10-2015, 08:20 AM
2-0 Man City.

scoopyboy
10-10-2015, 08:21 AM

It's Leeann!

Credit where credit's due, he got the surname without a mistake (so far anyway).

matty_f
10-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Credit where credit's due, he got the surname without a mistake (so far anyway).

Does that mean we can now start picking holes in the rest of the post?

NAE NOOKIE
10-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Another year at this level wont kill us .... will it make life hard for us? probably. But I for one am confident that as in years gone by the people who love the club will see it through to better times.

If Rod Petrie is, as you say, giving Leeann Dempster orders then all I can say is they must be bloody good ones if what she has done so far is anything to go by ... The proof of the pudding is in the eating and I would guess that most Hibs fans would say she has done a bit better than "an OK job" As for who she supports and what city she is from, who gives a toss, her commitment to the Hibs cause is beyond question as far as I can see, as is her ability to make her own decisions. If there is a "love in" for LD its probably because up to now there has been a lot to love about her. Perhaps the Petrie out campaign has become somewhat muted due to the fact that he does appear to have taken a step back ..... Like most Hibbies I still want him gone, but at the moment I'm prepared to accept that things have changed.

As for the share issue ..... What did you think, that folk would be battering down the doors to sign up? The sales have been slow and steady and continue to bring money into the club. Unspectacular, maybe. A disaster ...... hardly.

Perhaps fans on the board is to an extent window dressing ... but as far as I'm aware the two guys involved aint stupid and I am willing to go with the theory that if they thought they ( and us ) were being taken for mugs they would have enough integrity to say so and walk. You say trust folk by their actions, well as far as I can see Hibs said things would change and that is exactly what has happened and will continue to happen .... I don't think I need to go into a long list here, there's plenty evidence on offer to anyone who isn't totally blind.

Your last sentence is quite amusing actually ...... If you bought shares in the first issue and thought you were paying for anything other than an A4 sized bit of paper to stick in a frame to show you had a miniscule share of the football club you support you aint in a position to be calling anybody ( least of all your fellow Hibs fans ) "deluded" ...... That applies to folk like me who bought shares this time too.

As far as I can glean from your post, you don't go to ER and haven't got any intention of buying shares from this issue or investing in HSL. That's your prerogative of course, but I would like to think that most folk who profess a love for Hibs would put their wish to see it survive and hopefully prosper above a huff with its chairman or the fact that its had a bad decade and been relegated. Hopefully there are enough folk like me for whom Hibernian FC means more than that, because we are the ones who will turn it around in the end.

Danderhall Hibs
10-10-2015, 08:26 AM
:hilarious

McD
10-10-2015, 08:27 AM

Are you still living in mid-2014?

O'Rourke3
10-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Words fail me.....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

ACLeith
10-10-2015, 08:42 AM
Are you still living in mid-2014?

Bear with him, he's been at a loose end since putting billboards up on lampposts

bobbyhibs1983
10-10-2015, 08:43 AM

yep still fancy her !
hmm does that count?:greengrin

keep the faith
10-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Worst post of the year. I dont get why people who won't go to the games and want to cling to the past bother posting on here.

I dont see what it contributes at all.

ionahibby
10-10-2015, 08:56 AM

Deary me are you being serious :confused:

H18S NX
10-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Another year at this level wont kill us .... will it make life hard for us? probably. But I for one am confident that as in years gone by the people who love the club will see it through to better times.

If Rod Petrie is, as you say, giving Leeann Dempster orders then all I can say is they must be bloody good ones if what she has done so far is anything to go by ... The proof of the pudding is in the eating and I would guess that most Hibs fans would say she has done a bit better than "an OK job" As for who she supports and what city she is from, who gives a toss, her commitment to the Hibs cause is beyond question as far as I can see, as is her ability to make her own decisions. If there is a "love in" for LD its probably because up to now there has been a lot to love about her. Perhaps the Petrie out campaign has become somewhat muted due to the fact that he does appear to have taken a step back ..... Like most Hibbies I still want him gone, but at the moment I'm prepared to accept that things have changed.

As for the share issue ..... What did you think, that folk would be battering down the doors to sign up? The sales have been slow and steady and continue to bring money into the club. Unspectacular, maybe. A disaster ...... hardly.

Perhaps fans on the board is to an extent window dressing ... but as far as I'm aware the two guys involved aint stupid and I am willing to go with the theory that if they thought they ( and us ) were being taken for mugs they would have enough integrity to say so and walk. You say trust folk by their actions, well as far as I can see Hibs said things would change and that is exactly what has happened and will continue to happen .... I don't think I need to go into a long list here, there's plenty evidence on offer to anyone who isn't totally blind.

Your last sentence is quite amusing actually ...... If you bought shares in the first issue and thought you were paying for anything other than an A4 sized bit of paper to stick in a frame to show you had a miniscule share of the football club you support you aint in a position to be calling anybody ( least of all your fellow Hibs fans ) "deluded" ...... That applies to folk like me who bought shares this time too.

As far as I can glean from your post, you don't go to ER and haven't got any intention of buying shares from this issue or investing in HSL. That's your prerogative of course, but I would like to think that most folk who profess a love for Hibs would put their wish to see it survive and hopefully prosper above a huff with its chairman or the fact that its had a bad decade and been relegated. Hopefully there are enough folk like me for whom Hibernian FC means more than that, because we are the ones who will turn it around in the end.............Well said sir,spot on......:aok:

R'Albin
10-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Do we actually know that 'Leann' is/was a Rangers fan?

Onceinawhile
10-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Ffs why let things like evidence or facts get in the way. She's from Glasgow,BURN THE witch!

For what it's worth, I think she's doing a good job.

FranckSuzy
10-10-2015, 09:28 AM

Very true and you're a

Aldo
10-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Is the love in with Leann still in full flow ? Whist I get that we have to keep prices at SPL level if we are to compete - 7 years in decline is taking its toll - fans have other thingsvto do on a Saturday - things are improving but another year at this level could kill us . Leann apart from being a Glaswegian And a Rangers fan is doing an OK job but anyone who thinks that she is not taking orders from Rod is deluded . The shares sale,was a disaster so what next . I can't believe there has never been a bigger protest to force rod out As for the fans on the board nonsense it's all a wash over to keep the hardcore deluded - never trust anyone by their words only their actions and until Rod goes I and lots of others will not return regularly as for buying shares I still have the old ones - that was worth it .

I am struggling to see what your getting at tbh. Yip we've been in decline since winning the CIS cup and stumbled from one disaster to another, accumulating in being relegated and not being promoted.

Do you not think things have improved?? The club has backed Stubbs so by your summation its Rod's fault we've brought in the players cause he's running the show!

I don't know where you've been hiding but there was a protest and there has been change, and for the better IMHO. Still a way to go but we were in a total mess.

Ms D has built more bridges since she has taken over than RP did probably during his own tenure.

If you can find something better to do on a Saturday the go for it! Those who want to go will and those who don't won't. It's as simple as that!

It appears to me you've been caught up in a blast from the past or you might not even be a........

Enough said I think on that matter!

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Mate,

Seriously

Go and just don't open your mouth ever again mate.

Stantons Angel
10-10-2015, 10:15 AM
I might be wrong but I think it's a deluded attempt to spark up a negative discusion about the club when, certainly at face value, all seems pretty positive at the moment

i agree and its sad that the poster as to write this sort of nonsense, Iets just get rid of this negativity and put the energy behind the team!

hibsbollah
10-10-2015, 10:18 AM
She still rings my bell.

Harpandcastle
10-10-2015, 10:44 AM

I had always thought she is of a Celtic background.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 10:48 AM
I had always thought she is of a Celtic background.

deffo the buns

*not that it matters

Lucius Apuleius
10-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Oh, and just a thought. If you bought the old shares which cost 50p each if I remember correctly then they are of even less value now.

Borderhibbie76
10-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Dearie me...dare I say it do I smell

KeithTheHibby
10-10-2015, 11:08 AM

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?

Smartie
10-10-2015, 11:10 AM

Has someone put a stink bomb and itching powder in your gorilla suit?

It's interesting to see what folk moan about now that there's no Liam Craig, Brian Hamilton or even a Hibs game to get miserable about.

Poor stuff indeed.

hibbymac
10-10-2015, 11:13 AM

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 11:46 AM

I asked her when I was lucky enough to meet her just after she took up her new position.

She said she grew up an 'Old Firm fan' but had really fallen for Motherwell during her time there and hoped the same would happen at Hibs.

If she was a Rangers fans it's not the case now.

matty_f
10-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Hibs supporter now: http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.com/2015/10/changing-times-interview-with-leeann.html?spref=tw

poolman
10-10-2015, 11:49 AM

Please go away

Ozyhibby
10-10-2015, 11:53 AM

I hate Rod still being here as much as most but that post is just grim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack
10-10-2015, 11:57 AM
I get the feeling this is a troll from another fans forum in some sort of 'I'm a yam get me out of here' challenge.

He'll only be back at Easter Road when Sevco or the Yams are playing.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I asked her when I was lucky enough to meet her just after she took up her new position.

She said she grew up an 'Old Firm fan' but had really fallen for Motherwell during her time there and hoped the same would happen at Hibs.

If she was a Rangers fans it's not the case now.

Does it matter? If she was a Rangers fan she prob still is but she's in a job. That's what fans just don't seem to get, people like her are there to do a well paid job, team allegiance doesn't matter.

Rougier45
10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Does it matter? If she was a Rangers fan she prob still is but she's in a job. That's what fans just don't seem to get, people like her are there to do a well paid job, team allegiance doesn't matter.

Well that stirred up a hornets nest -?i didn't realise questioning Leann was so controversial.

For the record she is open about being a ger and I did say she was doing an ok job

Whilst having watched hibs since 1975 they have been crP most of the tme but this is the worst - look at the facts

Championship 2nd season quite possibly will be 3 or even 4

Crowds 8k

A share issue designed to give sir T payback

A manager (if u read his book) who will be off at the first offer

This in one of the worst periods of scottish football.p- when we should be thriving on the back of the demise of hearts and rangers

Why haven't we signed all the players Aberdeen got - rod is to blame and he is still there and all you whom are angry at me should be angry at the man whom has dragged our team to the worst situation in it's great history

McD
10-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Well that stirred up a hornets nest -?i didn't realise questioning Leann was so controversial.

For the record she is open about being a ger and I did say she was doing an ok job

Whilst having watched hibs since 1975 they have been crP most of the tme but this is the worst - look at the facts

Crowds 8k

This in one of the worst periods of scottish football.p- when we should be thriving on the back of the demise of hearts and rangers

Why haven't we signed all the players Aberdeen got - rod is to blame and he is still there and all you whom are angry at me should be angry at the man whom has dragged our team to the worst situation in it's great history

I think it's customary when wishing to purchase something from someone, to pay them, no?

there's many reasons why we didn't sign those players, one of which may indeed be Petrie, but not all of them.

Hibs, primarily through LD's qualities, have backed this manager significantly, and I think it's fair to say that a lot of fans have been pleased with many of the signings we've made. The way the club, again led by LD, handled the Scott Allan/rangers carry on, by indicating we will not be taken for a ride, will not be bullied, will not roll over to have our belly tickled, and will conduct our affairs in a professional manner focussed on what is best for Hibernian football club, shows that we are in a far better place than the picture you paint, that LD is doing much better than an 'OK job', and that collectively we are looking forward, not whining about past perceived slights.

Btw, how is your dig at Stubbs in any way related to Petrie? Did he write the book for Stubbs?

hibees 7062
10-10-2015, 04:56 PM
It was a joke , I've seen a lot worse on here go unpunished

matty_f
10-10-2015, 05:01 PM

Crowds 8k

Sir Tom doesn't get any of the share money. That's new money that goes to the club.

Hibs are in a position were new shares were created so when a share is bought the money goes to the club because you're not buying one of STF's shares from him, you're buying a share from the club.

Each share purchased diluted STF's ownership.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Sir Tom doesn't get any of the share money. That's new money that goes to the club.

Hibs are in a position were new shares were created so when a share is bought the money goes to the club because you're not buying one of STF's shares from him, you're buying a share from the club.

Spot on.

None of the shares purchased either privately or through HSL are being bought from the current shareholders but from a new pool of shares.

There may be some confusion with the loan that is being paid back to STF but £5M over 10 years interest free that freed us of the burden of bank debt is a pretty good deal in the business world.

Rougier45
10-10-2015, 05:10 PM

Hibe got the debt wiped out by the banks and then took a loan - one way or another Sir T is getting his payback -.fact

As for Scott Allan marvellous we got our 30 pieces of silver from the the other ugly sister .

Leann who cares really about her she is just an employee - just enjoys me why people on here think she is so effective

NAE NOOKIE
10-10-2015, 05:13 PM

Crowds 8k

You didn't say LD was doing a decent job, you implied that she was RP's puppet, stooge, front .... take your pick.

STF has pumped millions into Hibs and is selling over half the club to the fans for a fraction of what its worth. I have criticised him in the past for not seeming to care enough about our on field fortunes ... but to suggest he is out to 'line his pockets' is nonsense .. "payback" for him would be considerably more than 2.5 million quid. It is also clear that the shares / HSL cash has and is being spent on the club.

If you can find a manager in the game of professional football who doesn't jump at the first 'better' offer you are a football genius mate.

Aberdeen took a punt backed by their rich chairman and it worked out, its clear that Hibs will not spend over budget to gain on field success ... but having said that, the team you seem to dismiss out of hand were good enough to match and beat top of the league Aberdeen 2 weeks ago. I presume you weren't at that game ..we were excellent.

Everybody is angry at "the man who has dragged our team to the worst position in its great history" .... Thankfully the majority of us have decided that instead of wallowing in self pity for the next 2,3 seasons, we can at least acknowledge the efforts the club is going to, to finally address the issues that got us to where we are ..... backing the club in its efforts will help us get back to where we belong ....... constant bitching about the past and half assed theories about the owners motives will not ........ Get a grip mate please !!!

Cheshire Hibby
10-10-2015, 05:15 PM
You didn't say LD was doing a decent job, you implied that she was RP's puppet, stooge, front .... take your pick.

STF has pumped millions into Hibs and is selling over half the club to the fans for a fraction of what its worth. I have criticised him in the past for not seeming to care enough about our on field fortunes ... but to suggest he is out to 'line his pockets' is nonsense .. "payback" for him would be considerably more than 2.5 million quid. It is also clear that the shares / HSL cash has and is being spent on the club.

If you can find a manager in the game of professional football who doesn't jump at the first 'better' offer you are a football genius mate.

Aberdeen took a punt backed by their rich chairman and it worked out, its clear that Hibs will not spend over budget to gain on field success ... but having said that, the team you seem to dismiss out of hand were good enough to match and beat top of the league Aberdeen 2 weeks ago.

Everybody is angry at "the man who has dragged our team to the worst position in its great history" .... Thankfully the majority of us have decided that instead of wallowing in self pity for the next 2,3 seasons, we can at least acknowledge the efforts the club is going to, to finally address the issues that got us to where we are ..... backing the club in its efforts will help us get back to where we belong ....... constant bitching about the past and half assed theories about the owners motives will not ........ Get a grip mate please !!!

Great riposte.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:20 PM

Aberdeen took a punt backed by their rich chairman and it worked out, its clear that Hibs will not spend over budget to gain on field success ... but having said that, the team you seem to dismiss out of hand were good enough to match and beat top of the league Aberdeen 2 weeks ago. I presume you weren't at that game ..we were excellent.

As STF himself said at the AGM he bought the club for circa 900k in the early 90s, it's now worth considerably more than that with top class facilities and a modern stadium.

STF may be guilty of many things but fleecing Hibs isn't one of them. The fans have the chance to wrestle back control of the club, it's up to us to prove we want it enough.

Rougier45
10-10-2015, 05:23 PM
its all subjective who really knows or cares what Leann does she can't play manage or own

the only points objective

Is championship

8k crowds

5million loan to big sir T

You may not agree with me but the majority do hence lows crowds and small share take up

The hibs fans have spoken keep your blinkers on if you wish

I'm finished now there is no reasoning on this thread

Mikey
10-10-2015, 05:46 PM

Crowds 8k

Hibe got the debt wiped out by the banks and then took a loan - one way or another Sir T is getting his payback -.fact

As for Scott Allan marvellous we got our 30 pieces of silver from the the other ugly sister .

Leann who cares really about her she is just an employee - just enjoys me why people on here think she is so effective

its all subjective who really knows or cares what Leann does she can't play manage or own

Is championship

8k crowds

You may not agree with me but the majority do hence lows crowds and small share take up

Four posts on this thread and you've offered no solutions to the issues you have raised. I'd suggest that supporters like you are as a big a problem to our club as any of the concerns that you have.

Do something to help make things better.

Rougier45
10-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Four posts on this thread and you've offered no solutions to the issues you have raised. I'd suggest that supporters like you are as a big a problem to our club as any of the concerns that you have.

Do something to help make things better.

I do mate 25 kicks for kids tickets every season

I have sponsored a game

Hibbyradge
10-10-2015, 06:07 PM
2-0 Man City.

:faf:

Hibbyradge
10-10-2015, 06:14 PM

Crowds 8k

Yeah yeah, you hate Rod Petrie and you hate Tom Farmer. You wanted to control Hibs but you lost out despite your lies and misinformation.

Have the grace now to shut up.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 06:16 PM

Crowds 8k

While I don't disagree with you on most of this, rod is not solely to blame. I'm sick hearing this.

Our owner is a multi millionaire yet chooses not to help out with cash when needed he's more to blame than Petrie. Petrie knows he made mistakes so has let Leanne take over.

Your right things are bad, I also don't doubt Stubbs will be off at the first good opportunity as will all our players but that's just work. It's a job, if a better offer comes that suits you and your family financially who's in the right mind would turn that down? That's just football. We will go back up though, unfortunately it will take a bit longer than we'd have liked.

It's not just us who failed to take advantage of the Huns situation it's the whole of Scottish football, mostly down to the likes of Doncaster etc and that clueless mob of *Swear filter is there for a reason•

Hibbyradge
10-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Our owner is a multi millionaire yet chooses not to help out with cash when needed

That's so far from reality it's breathtaking.

R'Albin
10-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Yeah yeah, you hate Rod Petrie and you hate Tom Farmer. You wanted to control Hibs but you lost out despite your lies and misinformation.

:top marks

matty_f
10-10-2015, 06:43 PM

Better paying more back to the banks then, aye?

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 06:44 PM

Totally agree sick of this nonsense and mud slinging which is all proven to be a crock. Would be struggling to spell grace never mind show any. Classless in the extreme.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 06:46 PM
That's so far from reality it's breathtaking.

Is it though?

grunt
10-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Is it though?Yes.

Argylehibby
10-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Is it though?

Yes it is.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Is it though?

Yup, though.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Yes it is.

Explain in detail please someone why I'm wrong.

Seriously, as if I'm wrong I need to know why.

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 06:54 PM

More up to you to prove why it isn't.

SquashedFrogg
10-10-2015, 06:58 PM

Genuinely scary stuff. :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
10-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Is it though?

Yes.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 07:05 PM
More up to you to prove why it isn't.

What? So I think in times of need he could stick in an extra couple of million. You are saying that he shouldn't, I ask why and get it tight???

Hibbyradge
10-10-2015, 07:10 PM
What? So I think in times of need he could stick in an extra couple of million. You are saying that he shouldn't, I ask why and get it tight???

Why should you have any say whatsoever over how someone spends their money or their family's inheritance?

Why don't you stick an extra couple of thousand in?

Farmer has given more money to Hibs than you'll ever know.

He doesn't make a song and dance about it because if he did, he'd have a whole bunch idiots calling on him to do so more often.

Oh, wait...

Aldo
10-10-2015, 07:10 PM
4 posts by OP and its continued negativity.

So you hate the club in its current state. Easy solution.... Just do one. I've been watching Hibs for Circa 40 years through some very good times and the utterly disgraceful and disastrous years.

I might not go as often as I would like but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel! LD has been a breath of fresh air around the Club.

You've mentioned Scott Allan and his move west! He didn't want to be here so we got cash and Dylan. I think we got a pretty good deal.

We paid cash for McGinn and signed Quality over quantity.

Your not the only one that's not happy being where we are but we cannot change the past but we can sure as hell change our fortunes in the weeks, months and years to come (the future).

And another thing please don't sit anywhere near me when your at ER (if indeed you go) because I don't want any of your in the past negativity anywhere near me.

We've done this to death plain and simple and I don't know where you've been but you really need to get out your bubble more!

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 07:13 PM
4 posts by OP and its continued negativity.

So you hate the club in its current state. Easy solution.... Just do one. I've been watching Hibs for Circa 40 years through some very good times and the utterly disgraceful and disastrous years.

I might not go as often as I would like but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel! LD has been a breath of fresh air around the Club.

You've mentioned Scott Allan and his move west! He didn't want to be here so we got cash and Dylan. I think we got a pretty good deal.

We paid cash for McGinn and signed Quality over quantity.

Your not the only one that's not happy being where we are but we cannot change the past but we can sure as hell change our fortunes in the weeks, months and years to come (the future).

And another thing please don't sit anywhere near me when your at ER (if indeed you go) because I don't want any of your in the past negativity anywhere near me.

We've done this to death plain and simple and I don't know where you've been but you really need to get out your bubble more!

Couldn't agree more.

trev the hat
10-10-2015, 07:15 PM
LD phoned me direct to my house & enquired why I hadn't renewed.
Financial reasons my reply, & I would choose walk ups
She said if she contacted finance co (zebra) would I still renew if an option, this was 2 days before the 1st home game & offered me entry to 1st game inc as it was imminent.
I agreed & she said she'd call following evening once I'd checked my original seat was still available.
I was all set to renew & was disappointed to receive no call.
This was however the same day as the Allan transfer so I do appreciate what was going on.
BUT she clearly stated I'll call you tomorrow same time & didn't. (Why call in 1st place)
IMO if you say you'll call someone & don't it's poor & especially as I had the financial details ready for the finance company.
Your doing a lot of good LD but I've not renewed through my experience 1 to 1 when the opposite was clearly your intention.

Hibbyradge
10-10-2015, 07:24 PM
She said if she contacted finance co (zebra) would I still renew if an option, this was 2 days before the 1st home game & offered me entry to 1st game inc as it was imminent.
I agreed & she said she'd call following evening once I'd checked my original seat was still available.
This was however the same day as the Allan transfer so I do appreciate what was going on.
BUT she clearly stated I'll call you tomorrow same time & didn't. (Why call in 1st place)
IMO if you say you'll call someone & don't it's poor & especially as I had the financial details ready for the finance company.
Your doing a lot of good LD but I've not renewed through my experience 1 to 1 when the opposite was clearly your intention.

That's a shame.

Great PR from LD on one hand, disappointing it was never concluded.

Did you contact her afterwards?

HoboHarry
10-10-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm just curious whether you tried to contact her directly to express your disappointment before you decided to air this on a public forum?

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Why should you have any say whatsoever over how someone spends their money or their family's inheritance?

Why don't you stick an extra couple of thousand in?

He doesn't make a song and dance about it because if he did, he'd have a whole bunch idiots calling on him to do so more often.

Oh, wait...

Yeah of course he has and nobody is denying that.

He's done plenty for us but he's not interested in the football side of things, only the business, which I think is going very well.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 07:39 PM

I get your point, but as you say the same day as the Allen transfer and you wonder why she never had time to call one fan who in her view, might renew.

I'd get over it if I were you.

trev the hat
10-10-2015, 07:56 PM
That's a shame.

Great PR from LD on one hand, disappointing it was never concluded.

Did you contact her afterwards?

I didn't try to contact her after as the 2nd home game was looming.
I've no beef with LD whatsoever just a bit peeved she didn't follow up as I would have renewed there & then.
Bottom line is a half season will be purchased regardless.

Andy74
10-10-2015, 08:12 PM
This stuff isn't just football chat anymore. It's a campaign that continues to try and derail things at the club. Surely a case for just shutting these down and emptying the regular offenders?

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:15 PM
This stuff isn't just football chat anymore. It's a campaign that continues to try and derail things at the club. Surely a case for just shutting these down and emptying the regular offenders?

I don't agree with them either but that's half the problem with this forum. You can't just kick people off because they have an opinion. That wouldn't make for a very good forum.

Anyway I like a debate!

BoomtownHibees
10-10-2015, 08:22 PM

He's done plenty for us but he's not interested in the football side of things, only the business, which I think is going very well.

So do you think he has put money in when needed or not? I'm a bit confused

grunt
10-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Our owner is a multi millionaire yet chooses not to help out with cash when needed he's more to blame than Petrie.

Yeah of course he has and nobody is denying that.Right. I see.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:28 PM
So do you think he has put money in when needed or not? I'm a bit confused

Yes and no.

Did he save us? Yes
We have a lovely stadium I would say 3rd best in Scotland and a state of the art training complex but these were funded by the sale of players.
We are basically kept alive by him but not much more.

Why for example can't he give us the wee bit extra needed to compete near the top of the spl. He had years to do that, didn't and look where we find ourselves.

Problem is he says nothing so I don't know enough about what else he does.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Right. I see.

That's not the point I'm making though.

Of course he's put more money in than anyone else and so he should seeing as he OWNS us!

I'm just saying instead of keeping us afloat give us that wee bit extra to push for a champ league spot when we were in that position etc

grunt
10-10-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm just saying instead of keeping us afloat give us that wee bit extra to push for a champ league spot when we were in that position etcWhat gives you the right to tell him what to do with his own money? Would you pay attention to someone telling you what to spend your money on?

worcesterhibby

Of course he's put more money in than anyone else and so he should seeing as he OWNS us!

I think you'll find that Hibernian Football Club is registered as a business, just like every other professional football club in the country. People who own businesses usually take money out..not put money in. If you run your own business then you might want to get your head round this quite quickly.

The fact that He has put money in and as far as I'm aware has never profited from Hibs is to his credit.

Golden Bear
Yes and no.

Did he save us? Yes
We have a lovely stadium I would say 3rd best in Scotland and a state of the art training complex but these were funded by the sale of players.
We are basically kept alive by him but not much more.

Why for example can't he give us the wee bit extra needed to compete near the top of the spl. He had years to do that, didn't and look where we find ourselves.

Problem is he says nothing so I don't know enough about what else he does.

On the other hand, he's already done more than enough and it's time the Club stood on its own two feet.

Peevemor
10-10-2015, 08:39 PM

Crowds 8k

Leeann Dempster said in a recent interview (with Matty?) that she's very much a hibee now.

If you've been watching Hibs since 1975, you'll remember 15-20 years when, outwith OF and derby matches, 8,000 was a good crowd.

Where's STF's "payback" coming from? The money from the sale of shares is going to the club and not to him. If all goes according to plan, 51% of the club's shares will be owned by the fans with STF not touching a penny of the money raised.

I want an ambitious manager at ER. If he's poached by a bigger club, it'll only be if he's done a good job at Hibs.

In summary I think your post is a lot of crap and I hope that you'll be better informed before going off on one in future.

Baldy Foghorn
10-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Leeann Dempster said in a recent interview (with Matty?) that she's very much a hibee now.

If you've been watching Hibs since 1975, you'll remember 15-20 years when, outwith OF and derby matches, 8,000 was a good crowd.

Where's STF's "payback" coming from? The money from the sale of shares is going to the club and not to him. If all goes according to plan, 51% of the club's shares will be owned by the fans with STF not touching a penny of the money raised.

I want an ambitious manager at ER. If he's poached by a bigger club, it'll only be if he's done a good job at Hibs.

In summary I think your post is a lot of crap and I hope that you'll be better informed before going off on one in future.

Nail, hammer, head.......:top marks

SquashedFrogg
10-10-2015, 08:41 PM

This 100%

Saddens me the stuff "so called Hibbys" post.

LD has/is transforming our club.

Jonnyboy
10-10-2015, 08:46 PM

:agree:

I don't agree with them either but that's half the problem with this forum. You can't just kick people off because they have an opinion. That wouldn't make for a very good forum.

Anyway I like a debate!

Pointless trying to debate with someone whose views are so entrenched, they can't see past them

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 08:46 PM

Well said Andy.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:47 PM

Agree, but you can't change football. No manager with true managerial ambitions in the game will stay at hibs likewise with players.

That's my point about farmer which I got slated for.

That wee extra boost of money just to keep managers and players for that extra contract. That extra 1,2 or 3 years they might stay can make a difference.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:49 PM
What gives you the right to tell him what to do with his own money? Would you pay attention to someone telling you what to spend your money on?

If I owned a football club I'd show I care

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I think you'll find that Hibernian Football Club is registered as a business, just like every other professional football club in the country. People who own businesses usually take money out..not put money in. If you run your own business then you might want to get your head round this quite quickly.

The fact that He has put money in and as far as I'm aware has never profited from Hibs is to his credit.

He profits from kwik fit in the past and farmers. If you own a club you can't expect to make money. He must know that.

grunt
10-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Agree, but you can't change football. No manager with true managerial ambitions in the game will stay at hibs likewise with players.

That wee extra boost of money just to keep managers and players for that extra contract. That extra 1,2 or 3 years they might stay can make a difference.Forgive me but these appear to be contradictory statements.

marinello59
10-10-2015, 08:52 PM

Pointless trying to debate with someone whose views are so entrenched, they can't see past them

But.. But .. But... The share issue is designed to pay STF back. I'm furious. Only 100% goes to the team and STF pockets the rest. It's outrageous.

grunt
10-10-2015, 08:52 PM
If I owned a football club I'd show I careHe has done this already, more than once. You admitted it yourself a few posts ago!! Really difficult discussing things with you when you change your mind every post.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 08:53 PM
On the other hand, he's already done more than enough and it's time the Club stood on its own two feet.

????

Na mate, if that's the case he needs to find a good buyer. How can we stand on our own 2 feet as you put it, when people are still on about Petrie and not coming to games.

Stop blindly sticking up for him.!

marinello59
10-10-2015, 08:53 PM
????

Na mate, if that's the case he needs to find a good buyer. How can we stand on our own 2 feet as you put it, when people are still on about Petrie and not coming to games.

Eh?

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 08:54 PM
If I owned a football club I'd show I care

The fact that we're still in existance shows that he cared and still cares. My God, how could anyone think otherwise?

high bee
10-10-2015, 08:54 PM

I'm just saying instead of keeping us afloat give us that wee bit extra to push for a champ league spot when we were in that position etc

Regardless of his wealth I very much doubt he would consider £2mil to be insignificant enough to gamble on a chance of splitting the old firm. I very much doubt we wouldve split them with that investment anyway.

If he put that £2mil in and we did challenge for 2nd then it would be unsustainable unless he kept pitching in because we wouldn't be getting the crowds to meet the wages and transfer fees even if we sold out ER every week.

The bubble would eventually pop the way it has for teams like Livi and Gretna who were constantly overspending.

Jonnyboy
10-10-2015, 08:55 PM
????

Very few say that now, on here at least and that's probably because those mature and intelligent enough to understand it have accepted that LDS is nobody's puppet

SquashedFrogg
10-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Can we not just delete this thread and file under nonsense?
The OP is clearly at the wind up and stirring.

bigwheel
10-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Very few say that now, on here at least and that's probably because those mature and intelligent enough to understand it have accepted that LDS is nobody's puppet

That's true for sure J , but let's not suggest that Petrie isn't very active around Hibs - because that remains very true .

Jonnyboy
10-10-2015, 08:58 PM
That's true for sure J , but let's not suggest that Petrie isn't very active around Hibs - because that remains very true .

He may well be, but he's not controlling LD as has been suggested

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Forgive me but these appear to be contradictory statements.

Omg how can't you understand that?

The reason no manager/player stays is because we can't offer that extra bit of cash to stay for that wee bit extra time to make the difference.

Il just go back to my debate with my brick wall now.

Peevemor
10-10-2015, 09:00 PM

That wee extra boost of money just to keep managers and players for that extra contract. That extra 1,2 or 3 years they might stay can make a difference.

When managers move to bigger clubs, it's not just about their salary but also the level at which their new club competes. If, for example, Everton were to come in for Stubbs, the attraction of pitting his wits against the top English sides would sway him more than the (substantial) increase in wages.

As for players, we simply can't compete with the sort of offers that have tempted our best players in the past. Hearts tried it and look where it got them.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 09:01 PM

So what if he is, he's a very good business man as long as he sticks to that I'm happy.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 09:03 PM
The fact that we're still in existance shows that he cared and still cares. My God, how could anyone think otherwise?

Sorry cared enough!

FranckSuzy
10-10-2015, 09:08 PM
So what if he is, he's a very good business man as long as he sticks to that I'm happy.

Eh?! You were slating him a few posts ago :confused:

bigwheel
10-10-2015, 09:09 PM
He may well be, but he's not controlling LD as has been suggested

J he is not controlling LD. That is emotional nonsense - but he is hands on in overall control. He is not a passive chairman either

Jonnyboy
10-10-2015, 09:13 PM
J he is not controlling LD. That is emotional nonsense - but he is hands on in overall control. He is not a passive chairman either

So things are progressing well at the club, despite him still being there :wink:

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Maybe I'm being naive here, but I can't see our home gates dramatically increasing if RP resigned tomorrow. They might go from say 8500 to 8550 but even that would be living in a fantasy world.

Hannah_hfc
10-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Maybe I'm being naive here, but I can't see our home gates dramatically increasing if RP resigned tomorrow. They might go from say 8500 to 8550 but even that would be living in a fantasy world.
Key point that I completely agree with. Those who stay away citing RP as the reason hardly sound like they are deep down itching to get back to ER as soon as he has left.

I'd hope by this point people will have seen the changes happening around Hibs as use that as a basis to go back (apart from the OP clearly)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
10-10-2015, 10:28 PM

Is championship

8k crowds

The majority? ......... In my 40 odd years going to ER our best average was 14ish thousand during the Mowbray era and for most other seasons anywhere between 8 and 12 thousand, that hardly supports your "the majority" statement does it? ...... as far as I can see 8,000 still adds up to considerably more than half of our normal support at games.

Tell ya what mate ..... When the Zombie apocalypse comes I hope to hell you aint anywhere near me, while me and everybody else is out looking for food and guns you will be sitting in a corner somewhere trying to figure out who to blame and crying ...... 'we're awe doomed ah tell ye !!!

You haven't been a fan of Third Lanark or Clydebank in the past have you?

Oh sorry, you have "finished" haven't you ....... thank **** :aok:

McD
10-10-2015, 10:34 PM
He profits from kwik fit in the past and farmers. If you own a club you can't expect to make money. He must know that.

Can you point out where he is trying to make money?

You are demanding he put more money in, and whining that he hasn't put enough in (by your standards). Someone's already asked you the question which you've ignored - how would you like it if someone was telling you how to spend your money?

Sir David Gray
10-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Key point that I completely agree with. Those who stay away citing RP as the reason hardly sound like they are deep down itching to get back to ER as soon as he has left.

I'd hope by this point people will have seen the changes happening around Hibs as use that as a basis to go back (apart from the OP clearly)

There will be some but the majority citing this reason will be the same people who said they wouldn't be back until Rangers were voted out of the SPL and also said they wouldn't be back until Terry Butcher was sacked etc etc.

They have no intention of coming back, at least not on a regular basis.

hibees 7062
10-10-2015, 10:57 PM

hibees 7062
10-10-2015, 10:59 PM
This 100%

Saddens me the stuff "so called Hibbys" post.

LD has/is transforming our club.

This . You just have to look at the state of Motherwell since she left

Sergey
10-10-2015, 11:11 PM
This . You just have to look at the state of Motherwell since she left

Am I missing something here - but Motherwell are currently an SPL club and they comfortably horsed SEVCO in the play-offs?

I honestly don't see this supposed transformation at Hibs. At best, we're gunning for 2nd place in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Some are happy to look on that as success and progress.

YMMV

hibs0666
10-10-2015, 11:13 PM
Am I missing something here - but Motherwell are currently an SPL club and they comfortably horsed SEVCO in the play-offs?

I honestly don't see this supposed transformation at Hibs. At best, we're gunning for 2nd place in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Some are happy to look on that as success and progress.

YMMV

At least the guunts are defunct as forecast.

stoneyburn hibs
10-10-2015, 11:36 PM

The RP excuse for staying away is washed out now.
As you have said, things have changed a lot for the better.

Hibs in the 1st division is another so called reason for the stay away fans. It's getting tiresome.

HoboHarry
11-10-2015, 12:07 AM
The majority? ......... In my 40 odd years going to ER our best average was 14ish thousand during the Mowbray era and for most other seasons anywhere between 8 and 12 thousand, that hardly supports your "the majority" statement does it? ...... as far as I can see 8,000 still adds up to considerably more than half of our normal support at games.

Tell ya what mate ..... When the Zombie apocalypse comes I hope to hell you aint anywhere near me, while me and everybody else is out looking for food and guns you will be sitting in a corner somewhere trying to figure out who to blame and crying ...... 'we're awe doomed ah tell ye !!!

You haven't been a fan of Third Lanark or Clydebank in the past have you?

Oh sorry, you have "finished" haven't you ....... thank **** :aok:
He will be finished for the night i imagine. Well past the time for him to start listening to his Leonard Cohen records......

hibees 7062
11-10-2015, 12:29 AM

YMMV

Third , Second , Second . European qualification 6 out of seven seasons to second bottom and still struggling , na you're no missing anything :rolleyes:

hibees 7062
11-10-2015, 12:33 AM
At least the guunts are defunct as forecast.

Am I missing something here - but the guunts are currently an SPL club and they comfortably horsed the league we're in ?

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 01:35 AM
Let's be absolutely clear about this.

Last season those lot across the road deep down knew they were being relegated and got their young players promoted to first team football, ready to hit the ground running. They took advantage of their CVA to strengthen their team with quality players and walked the league as a result.

As we've played by the rules and haven't cheated our creditors out of cash we didn't and don't have the same spending power. We didn't expect to be relegated and we were left with a shambles of a team by TB.

This season we've been largely very unlucky with injuries in pre season and also to be in a league where a club with considerably larger spending power than us have used that to recruit very well and also used their media influence to unsettle our key player. We have however recruited a young but very talented team over the last two seasons who are SPL quality without a doubt and have shown so against the top club in the top league in the League Cup.

The constant never-ending negativity has to stop. In the last decade the average tenure of a Hibs manager is a smidgen over a year and a half. This isn't healthy at all. We've got Leeann Dempster in now who is making changes to the club and we are seeing green shoots of recovery on and off the field. This doesn't happen overnight.

It becomes tiring - really tiring - to remain enthusiastic about Hibs when a minority of people (but like in many things in life a very vocal minority) look to find the worst in absolutely every single thing about the club.

If supporting Hibs genuinely makes you that miserable and negative I can only suggest that football just isn't for you. Otherwise, for once, let's please just try and find the positives to be found and focus on them instead.

marinello59
11-10-2015, 05:29 AM
Let's be absolutely clear about this.

Last season those lot across the road deep down knew they were being relegated and got their young players promoted to first team football, ready to hit the ground running. They took advantage of their CVA to strengthen their team with quality players and walked the league as a result.

As we've played by the rules and haven't cheated our creditors out of cash we didn't and don't have the same spending power. We didn't expect to be relegated and we were left with a shambles of a team by TB.

This season we've been largely very unlucky with injuries in pre season and also to be in a league where a club with considerably larger spending power than us have used that to recruit very well and also used their media influence to unsettle our key player. We have however recruited a young but very talented team over the last two seasons who are SPL quality without a doubt and have shown so against the top club in the top league in the League Cup.

The constant never-ending negativity has to stop. In the last decade the average tenure of a Hibs manager is a smidgen over a year and a half. This isn't healthy at all. We've got Leeann Dempster in now who is making changes to the club and we are seeing green shoots of recovery on and off the field. This doesn't happen overnight.

It becomes tiring - really tiring - to remain enthusiastic about Hibs when a minority of people (but like in many things in life a very vocal minority) look to find the worst in absolutely every single thing about the club.

If supporting Hibs genuinely makes you that miserable and negative I can only suggest that football just isn't for you. Otherwise, for once, let's please just try and find the positives to be found and focus on them instead.

Well said.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Rod Petrie took the club down to where we are

Him leaving will not dramatically increase ST sales but it will stop him causing more damage and we can start to move forward again

I don't get to games as I live in abroad -but I was back for 0-4- 1-5 and lots of other crushing defeats

I watch on HTV and I do contribute annually and I am entitled to an opinion

Sack Rod and bring in someone to rebuild the club with a vision.

Training centre great but on wrong side of city -very difficult to get to from West Edinburgh never mind central Scotland

Scouting -We don't pay and have an extremely small number of Scouts I know quality HIBS football people scouting for Celtic in Edinburgh

HFC I love but the current custodians have no vision -they have got their 5 million why don't they just leave .

because they want more more .

Call it negativity , bury your head in the sand but this is the truth and the halfwits on here who abuse me and anyone else who thinks our situation is acceptable are the main problem because until the hardcore does something about it nothing will change .

Lets call it the herd mentality if were all alcoholics then its fine burn the tee totaler and we can all be happy in the fog

marinello59
11-10-2015, 05:41 AM

Him leaving will not dramatically increase ST sales but it will stop him causing more damage and we can start to move forward again

I don't get to games as I live in abroad -but I was back for 0-4- 1-5 and lots of other crushing defeats

You mean someone like Dempster?

Training centre great but on wrong side of city -very difficult to get to from West Edinburgh never mind central Scotland
The main thing is the facility is good. Nit picking there unless you are suggesting Hibs flatten it snd move elsewhere.
Scouting -We don't pay and have an extremely small number of Scouts I know quality HIBS football people scouting for Celtic in Edinburgh
That will be similar to other clubs then who have people in place for their knowledge rather than club allegiance.
HFC I love but the current custodians have no vision -they have got their 5 million why don't they just leave .

Really?
Call it negativity , bury your head in the sand but this is the truth and the halfwits on here who abuse me and anyone else who thinks our situation is acceptable are the main problem because until the hardcore does something about it nothing will change .
That's helpful. Those who disagree with you are half wits?
Lets call it the herd mentality if were all alcoholics then its fine burn the tee totaler and we can all be happy in the fog

You are entitled to your opinion as you say. Dismissing those who don't agree with you as halfwits and deluded sort of devalues it though.

Jack
11-10-2015, 05:53 AM

It took you all night to type that!

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:06 AM
It took you all night to type that!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Well when u don't drink what else is there to do

scoopyboy
11-10-2015, 07:09 AM

Fans just make up excuses not to go.

Petrie is today's fashionable excuse.

If he goes it will be kick off times, pricing, don't like Sundays.

There were plenty on here saying they didn't go to games when we were top flight because of lunch time games and they liked 3pm kick offs on a Saturday.

Now that the vast majority are 3pm on a Saturday I don't see our attendances shooting up.

If I didn't want to go and watch Hibs (should never happen) then I would just stop going rather than bore people with excuses.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:09 AM
You are entitled to your opinion as you say. Dismissing those who don't agree with you as halfwits and deluded sort of devalues it though.

Not calling those who disagree half wits just the abusive ones

Leann is an employee that's all and just a diversion tactic for rod

staunchhibby
11-10-2015, 07:11 AM
I object to be called a half wit simply because i express my views and thoughts on this board regarding a team i have supported through the good and bad years.

marinello59
11-10-2015, 07:14 AM

Why don't you report the abusive posts you say you have received then?

A diversion tactic? So you don't think she is in charge? Care to elaborate on that? Maybe some facts to back up your general sneering at the club would help your case.

MSK
11-10-2015, 07:16 AM

Leann is an employee that's all and just a diversion tactic for rodCalling the abusive ones half wits, very good, you don't do irony in half measures do you.

Libby Hibby
11-10-2015, 07:18 AM

Why do you continue to spell her name wrong? You've been corrected on more on one occasion and to keep doing it is disrespectful and a ploy to wind up the people it annoys.

I would treat your posts seriously if your deliberate attempts to troll were not so obvious.

Close this thread, it's like the silly season in the media during parliament recess when international football breaks are on and threads like this just proves it.

GGTTH

McD
11-10-2015, 07:21 AM

You are the first one on this thread to start name calling :confused:

Aldo
11-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Rod Petrie took the club down to where we are Him leaving will not dramatically increase ST sales but it will stop him causing more damage and we can start to move forward again I don't get to games as I live in abroad -but I was back for 0-4- 1-5 and lots of other crushing defeats I watch on HTV and I do contribute annually and I am entitled to an opinion Sack Rod and bring in someone to rebuild the club with a vision. Training centre great but on wrong side of city -very difficult to get to from West Edinburgh never mind central Scotland Scouting -We don't pay and have an extremely small number of Scouts I know quality HIBS football people scouting for Celtic in Edinburgh HFC I love but the current custodians have no vision -they have got their 5 million why don't they just leave . because they want more more . Call it negativity , bury your head in the sand but this is the truth and the halfwits on here who abuse me and anyone else who thinks our situation is acceptable are the main problem because until the hardcore does something about it nothing will change . Lets call it the herd mentality if were all alcoholics then its fine burn the tee totaler and we can all be happy in the fog

I take it you actually read the responses from other posters.

IF you think any of us on here or Hibs any other Hibs fans are happy with our current situation I would suggest that it's yourself that has ones head buried in the sand.

As for rebuilding, that's exactly what we are trying to do and that's what LD has been brought into do. The vision (I believe is there) and if you think it will happen overnight then you really need to lower expectations of what we can actually achieve in a short period of time without throwing millions at it (we've been there already).

How do you know how many scouts the club has it indeed the measures in place??

What I will say is that if anyone thinks that STF is in this for the money then they need to give themselves a bloody shake!!

Look at our training facility and our outstanding stadium.

STF saved our club from oblivion all those years ago so if you can't see that then I would suggest you have your head in the sand or the man has a photograph of you in a very compromising position. :-)

Time to put this to bed as it's been done to death.

Cheerie

Beefster
11-10-2015, 08:00 AM

It's 'Leeann'. How ****ing difficult can it be to get someone's first name right?

matty_f
11-10-2015, 08:00 AM

It's almost as if you're speaking from a position of complete ignorance.

Pretty Boy
11-10-2015, 08:28 AM
This thread:faf:

A shambles from the spelling mistake in the title to the bitter end. Sadly I reckon it still has a bit to run yet.

Aldo
11-10-2015, 08:36 AM
This thread:faf: A shambles from the spelling mistake in the title to the bitter end. Sadly I reckon it still has a bit to run yet.

I fear you are correct PB! I wonder how long this saga will continue?? (Probably as long as the OP has his/her head in the sand??)

The Green Goblin
11-10-2015, 08:43 AM

Crowds 8k

What do you suggest?

liamh2202
11-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Sometimes threads are so bad they cheer me up

lucky
11-10-2015, 09:16 AM
I fear you are correct PB! I wonder how long this saga will continue?? (Probably as long as the OP has his/her head in the sand??)

The trouble with sticking your head in the sand is that you get your arse kicked and the OP deserves it for this thread

Aldo
11-10-2015, 09:17 AM
The trouble with sticking your head in the sand is that you get your arse kicked and the OP deserves it for this thread

Ha! That made me laugh out loud!

Your are however indeed correct!

green day
11-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Hessenhibee appears to be trolling......or knows little about Hibs (which seems odd as he has been "watching since 1975" ).

To state that the share issue is only there to pay off STF is attention seeking (if hessenhibee knows anything about "his" team he would know that all of our HSL cash goes to stubbsy).

I am even less sure of his motives today, but if it was to catch a lot of people - it has worked a treat.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2015, 09:59 AM

Can a joint owner be sacked? :confused:

Peevemor
11-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Can a joint owner be sacked? :confused:

... especially if he isn't employed by the club?

Hibbyradge
11-10-2015, 10:16 AM

:hilarious

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2015, 10:26 AM
To be ultra pedantic, he is employed. He's a director, ergo is an employee.

Disclaimer. This in no way vindicates some of the vitriolic nonsense directed at him and STF.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
11-10-2015, 10:52 AM

Disclaimer. This in no way vindicates some of the vitriolic nonsense directed at him and STF.

Is Petrie an employee if he isn't being paid?

Andy74
11-10-2015, 11:29 AM

A non exec director would not normally be classed as an employee. I think technically in some tax treatments they are to be classed as if they were an employee but in all other purposes they are not. A non exec director who does not get paid I think we could safely class as not being an employee.

Smartie
11-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Would any of you "critics" care to list

1. Everything that Petrie has done wrong since LD arrived (and you are NOT allowed to say just being there and that his very presence is divisive)?

And while we are at it,

2. List everything that LD has done wrong?

I don't expect either list to be very long.

NAE NOOKIE
11-10-2015, 12:45 PM

What truth though? Where are your facts, backed up by evidence?

You continue to diss Leeann ( lee - ann ) Dempster ......... Do you think you were the only one who was extremely sceptical when she was brought in? I know I was and so were the vast majority of supporters. We are nearly 18 months down the road from the day she walked through the door and the only way to judge her is through the evidence of our own eyes.

10 days after she started Butcher was sacked .... but only after she had spoken to him at length about the club's future direction.

As soon she was in the door a root and branch investigation of the workings of the club was started and a number of things were changed and continue to be addressed on an ongoing basis.

She has more than once stood up to the football authorities and especially when they tried to turn a blind eye to letting Sevco play their last game of the season after everybody else. We got our way.

You keep on about STF and Pertie lining their pockets. As a retort to Sevco only giving us 1000 tickets for the play off she restricted their allocation for the return game at ER ..... a decision that probably cost the club a considerable amount of money. That would have to have been with the approval of RP and STF and a clear case of putting the team before the balance sheet.

When in the whole history of this club have we refused to sell a player to a rival for sporting reasons? If Celtic hadn't stepped in before the window closed there is every chance Scott Allan would still be at ER. In the end we ended up with the excellent Dylan McGeouch and a very good player ( Henderson ) on loan, plus a decent amount of money. All in return for a player who clearly wanted to move on and who would have been worthless 10 months later and who as a result of LDs actions isn't at Ibrox. Yes you could argue that Sevco also got a result by unsettling the player, but that was hardly within Hibs control was it.

You can add into the mix our night and day change to communication with the club and its strenuous efforts to engage with the community.

On the field we have had a couple of bad results, but even with a weakened team we were only narrowly beaten at Ibrox by a fluke / brilliant goal. No matter how good our team was or is, we are not ( and never were ) going to win the league unless other teams take points off of Sevco .... we do have a team capable of getting up through the play offs, of that I'm positive.

Would I like to see Hibs sold to an oligark who will pump millions into the team and build the long awaited helipad .... yes.

Would I love to see the back of Rod Petrie .... absolutely.

Until these things happen I will judge the club by its actions and as things stand I see nothing to discourage me from getting into my car and making the 80 mile round trip on a Saturday to watch the mighty Hibees. I certainly wont be discouraged by folk like you who are absolutely determined to highlight every negative you can find ( or make up ) and totally ignore the positives which are staring you in the face.

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2015, 12:54 PM
A non exec director would not normally be classed as an employee. I think technically in some tax treatments they are to be classed as if they were an employee but in all other purposes they are not. A non exec director who does not get paid I think we could safely class as not being an employee.
I'll wager that he's covered by the Employer's Liability insurance. And if he gets any benefits from the company, salaried or not, he'll be taxed on them.

Anyways, it's a side issue. RP is God, or summat like that :)

SquashedFrogg
11-10-2015, 12:55 PM

You continue to diss Leeann ( lee - ann ) Dempster ......... Do you think you were the only one who was extremely sceptical when she was brought in? I know I was and so were the vast majority of supporters. We are nearly 18 months down the road from the day she walked through the door and the only way to judge her is through the evidence of our own eyes.

10 days after she started Butcher was sacked .... but only after she had spoken to him at length about the club's future direction.

As soon she was in the door a root and branch investigation of the workings of the club was started and a number of things were changed and continue to be addressed on an ongoing basis.

She has more than once stood up to the football authorities and especially when they tried to turn a blind eye to letting Sevco play their last game of the season after everybody else. We got our way.

You keep on about STF and Pertie lining their pockets. As a retort to Sevco only giving us 1000 tickets for the play off she restricted their allocation for the return game at ER ..... a decision that probably cost the club a considerable amount of money. That would have to have been with the approval of RP and STF and a clear case of putting the team before the balance sheet.

When in the whole history of this club have we refused to sell a player to a rival for sporting reasons? If Celtic hadn't stepped in before the window closed there is every chance Scott Allan would still be at ER. In the end we ended up with the excellent Dylan McGeouch and a very good player ( Henderson ) on loan, plus a decent amount of money. All in return for a player who clearly wanted to move on and who would have been worthless 10 months later and who as a result of LDs actions isn't at Ibrox. Yes you could argue that Sevco also got a result by unsettling the player, but that was hardly within Hibs control was it.

You can add into the mix our night and day change to communication with the club and its strenuous efforts to engage with the community.

On the field we have had a couple of bad results, but even with a weakened team we were only narrowly beaten at Ibrox by a fluke / brilliant goal. No matter how good our team was or is, we are not ( and never were ) going to win the league unless other teams take points off of Sevco .... we do have a team capable of getting up through the play offs, of that I'm positive.

Would I like to see Hibs sold to an oligark who will pump millions into the team and build the long awaited helipad .... yes.

Until these things happen I will judge the club by its actions and as things stand I see nothing to discourage me from getting into my car and making the 80 mile round trip on a Saturday to watch the mighty Hibees. I certainly wont be discouraged by folk like you who are absolutely determined to highlight every negative you can find ( or make up ) and totally ignore the positives which are staring you in the face.

Andy74
11-10-2015, 12:55 PM
I'll wager that he's covered by the Employer's Liability insurance. And if he gets any benefits from the company, salaried or not, he'll be taxed on them.

Anyways, it's a side issue. RP is God, or summat like that :)

It would be the Directors and Officers insurance I'd reckon which would cover directors who aren't employees. Anyway...

Hibbyradge
11-10-2015, 02:07 PM

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-09/enhanced/webdr03/26/11/anigif_enhanced-buzz-22046-1380209880-14.gif

ahibby
11-10-2015, 02:43 PM
I think we are all entitled to be a bit negative now and then. I find it hard to see the positive side of things when Hearts are pulling in 16k fans for home games while we are toiling to touch 9k fans. It's not all down to Hibs but I think they are suffering for the past which has caused games now at ER to be well dare I say boring. Each time we play in the Championship at ER it's the same kind of game, opponents sit in and we take a while to find a way through. It's not pretty and won't attract football fans, Hibs fanatics yes.

silverhibee
11-10-2015, 02:52 PM
:flag: :gwa: :flag:

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 02:53 PM
I think we are all entitled to be a bit negative now and then. I find it hard to see the positive side of things when Hearts are pulling in 16k fans for home games while we are toiling to touch 9k fans. It's not all down to Hibs but I think they are suffering for the past which has caused games now at ER to be well dare I say boring. Each time we play in the Championship at ER it's the same kind of game, opponents sit in and we take a while to find a way through. It's not pretty and won't attract football fans, Hibs fanatics yes.

If we want to attract fans back then we need to do it in the stands if teams are just going to sit in against us - positivity and tbf the club have started reaching out to the community in a really positive way in order to do this. We can't change how other teams act, we shouldn't be dragged into the same void. We've been really, really negative on here recently and there's actually a huge amount happening at our club that's a huge improvement - Hibs are becoming an important part of the community again and after so long when there was a total disconnect it's a positive thing. We 100% need to match this as fans otherwise it'll all be in vain - negativity is a horrible, contageous thing and sadly very loud as well.

BTW as someone always seems to reply "fans fault" or some pish every time I bring this up, let me save you the hassle and tell anyone who inteprets this as blaming the fans for being in second tier football to do one in advance :aok:

Argylehibby
11-10-2015, 03:15 PM

Have you met her or spoken to her? I suggest you give her a call so you could express your opinion of her worth at ER to her. It would be worth listening to so I'm happy to set up a conference call so I and others could listen in. Pretty certain after you speak to her you wont accuse her of being "only an employee and a diversion tactic".

LD is no puppet for RP. RP is Chairman and LD shows the respect that the Chairman of the company she is running is due. Note I say "Chairman is due" not RP before you pick on that and start spouting he is due no respect etc. etc.

davy malcolm
11-10-2015, 03:17 PM
If people can't see the change in the club since Leanne has been appointed she's been a great appointme and I will keep going to games and continue to my HSL donations it's called being a supporter if people don't want to go to games or help the club when we're down at the moment then fine but keep all your negative thoughts to yourself GGTTH

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Argylehibby
11-10-2015, 03:22 PM

BSEJVT
11-10-2015, 03:32 PM

Is championship

8k crowds

So the majority agree with you but there is not one post as far as the above that supports you?

Ill informed nonsense like pretty much of all of your assertions regarding who gets the money raised and STF lining his pockets

Just because you and others keeping repeating something it doesn't make it true.

If you need someone / something to bitch and moan about why don't you start with the Gunts or Rantic, I am sure you will get a bit more support.

BSEJVT
11-10-2015, 03:45 PM

What business is going well?

Have you looked at the annual accounts?

That will be the ones that player sales apart (of which there have been very few recently) show loss after loss.

People are entitled to an opinion but it makes them look a loss less stupid if it is an informed one instead of:

1) opening their mouth before engaging their brain

2) Believing everything they hear

From the day I found out there was no Santa Claus, I questioned everything anyone ever told me

I would suggest that you started doing the same.

Its simple

What has STF to gain?

What has he to lose?

How significant are Hibs to his wealth?

Why would he besmirch his name by dealing less than fairly with Hibs?

Do his other business and charitable works give any reason to suggest that he would operate in such a way?

Pete
11-10-2015, 03:49 PM
I love how we open with stuff about her being a rangers fan yet the much hyped alternative was to give the club to a Celtic fan for absolutely nothing. "Allegiances" weren't so important then, were they?

This is all just the same disruptive mince from someone who is trying to sound enlightened. Maybe he would change his tune a bit if he actually came over and personally witnessed the little changes that mean so much. It's all down to Leeann and it feels like we are actually being listened to.

Mind you, that wouldn't tie in with this agenda that some still seem to have they are probably being ignored in favour of a belief in ponzi schemes and cash cows.

matty_f
11-10-2015, 03:50 PM

That will be the ones that player sales apart (of which there have been very few recently) show loss after loss.

People are entitled to an opinion but it makes them look a loss less stupid if it is an informed one instead of:

From the day I found out there was no Santa Claus, I questioned everything anyone ever told me

Its simple

What has STF to gain?

What has he to lose?

Do his other business and charitable works give any reason to suggest that he would operate in such a way?
He's effectively stuck in £5m interest free to get rid of the bank debt iirc. Just how much are folk wanting?!

liamh2202
11-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Its simple

What has STF to gain?

What has he to lose?

Do any football clubs, if you ignore player sales turn a profit?

Alfred E Newman
11-10-2015, 03:52 PM

Crowds 8k

Having just had the misfortune to read this depressing post I am now heading for the library with a revolver.

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 03:59 PM

Crowds 8k

A new CEO in Leeann Dempster who is determined to reconnect the club with our community.

A head coach who is bringing passing football back to Hibs and has worked wonders with the likes of Jason Cummings who was top scorer in the league last season.

A recruitment policy that has brought in players with Serie A/EPL experience (Malonga, Fyvie etc) as well as talented youngsters on long term deals (McGinn, McGeouch) that will bring in revenue in resale value.

A head coach with a wealth of playing experience at the top level and excellent contacts.

An end to the reliance on journeyman football that we used to see.

Better communication with the fans through LWT, social media, Hibs TV and other projects.

A scheme to help transfer the club to bring in a degree of fan ownership.

A clear succession plan for when top players/coaches move on.

A record of W2 D1 L0 against top flight teams over ninety minutes in cup competition.

At what point are you actively having to try harder to ignore the positives in our club than to find the negatives and what should this be telling you as a person?

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;4481353]A new CEO in Leeann Dempster who is determined to reconnect the club with our community.

A head coach who is bringing passing football back to Hibs and has worked wonders with the likes of Jason Cummings who was top scorer in the league last season.

A recruitment policy that has brought in players with Serie A/EPL experience (Malonga, Fyvie etc) as well as talented youngsters on long term deals (McGinn, McGeouch) that will bring in revenue in resale value.

Who cares about resale value -,we want to win now as for Jason Cummings anyone wh thinks he is a premiership player is kidding themselves

Forget LEEANN she can't get a game- - Devils advocate anyone Leeann Ain't the problem although the nauseating love in is a turn off - the problem is Rod because no matter what anyone says on this board BIG ROD IS IN CHARGE AND VERY LITTLE HAS CHANGED - still rubbish football in a rank rotten league - at least this thread has eased the boredom because all the talk of our great (empty) stadium and unbelievable facilities just distract from the truth of the matter - years and years of boring underperforming football and if it ain't the owners fault - then whose fault is it ?

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2015, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;4481353]A new CEO in Leeann Dempster who is determined to reconnect the club with our community.

Who cares about resale value -,we want to win now as for Jason Cummings anyone wh thinks he is a premiership player is kidding themselves

Forget LEEANN she can't get a game- - Devils advocate anyone Leeann Ain't the problem although the nauseating love in is a turn off - the problem is Rod because no matter what anyone says on this board BIG ROD IS IN CHARGE AND VERY LITTLE HAS CHANGED - still rubbish football in a rank rotten league - at least this thread has eased the boredom because all the talk of our great (empty) stadium and unbelievable facilities just distract from the truth of the matter - years and years of boring underperforming football and if it ain't the owners fault - then whose fault is it ?
What's your evidence that Rod is in charge?

BSEJVT
11-10-2015, 04:22 PM
Do any football clubs, if you ignore player sales turn a profit?

Yes they do and what's more they should and should aim to.

If the only way you can balance the books is by selling someone you have at least the following 2 problems, probably a lot more:

1) If you cant find anyone to sell, your funder will eventually lose patience and withdraw your funding and you will cease to exist.

2) If you need to sell someone to balance the books you will forever be weakening your team to do so.

My desire is for Hibs to self funding without player sales so that when anyone is sold (it is because we were happy for them to go and / or they demanded to)

If we reinvest the proceeds in the team we wont feel their loss as keenly as we felt the loss of the golden generation*

* I fully accept that the football and Hibs especially are littered with failed signings and there is no guarantee that the money obtained will be re-invested wisely

Its far better though to have it to reinvest than not, as the post golden generation experience has painfully shown us.

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 04:25 PM

Caps lock arguments with no evidence to back it up, go you :aok:

Guess what, we all want change in the club - change to see us back in the SPL, back to seeing us winning more and more games but guess what? This constant negativity and so and so out (Petrie in your case) or 'if x doesn't happen then person y out' is the norm - every eighteen months on average we change manager. Change after change after change after change, new people coming in being pressured into trying to make quick fix solutions work over the ruined foundations of endless previous managers.

Guess what we haven't tried in a long time? Letting someone coming in with fresh ideas have the time to fully implement them and for the changes to manifest themselves into success. Real positive change doesn't happen overnight and must be given the environment to happen - to be questioning LD right now is absolutely mental and an indiciment of the whole same old, same old reaction to anything on this board - "We've given them a year and we're not Barcelona yet so let's start questioning what they do".

Get behind the team if you really want change. And before you ask, constant negativity towards those who want to implement positive change is not in any way getting behind the team.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/c74ae45678ba54942c9532dc971b49c1.jpg

BSEJVT
11-10-2015, 04:34 PM

You really are a bitter man.

There is no love in.

Many people believe she is doing a good job and comment on that and defend her and by extension our club from the frankly ridiculous whining of you and those like you.

If you truly believe that "very little has changed" then you are either at it or deluded.

I think the problem with you and those like you is that you have entrenched views that you are unable to see past and view everything through the prism of those views.

It is completely churlish of you not to concede that there have been significant changes and that these will continue to evolve.

We are a million miles from where most of the posters on this thread and board would like us to be, but every journey starts with a first step and I think we have made those first steps.

There is no magic wand to take us back to the days of the Famous Five but if you truly don't believe that we are making progress than I would suggest that you call The Samaritans and lock up all your alcohol and anything sharp.

I dislike Rod Petrie still being there as much as most, but he is STF's placeman and has a significant shareholding so I understand why he is there and why he will continue to be.

I wouldn't profess to know how involved he is or otherwise in the day to day running of the club, but would be interested to know how you can say so adamantly he is. Prove it.

I have noticed significant change right across the club since Leanne was appointed and if you don't believe a leopard can change its spots she must be the reason?

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 04:36 PM
To be fair to Hessenhibee, it's becoming very clear as he says that the majority of Hibs fans agree with him since he posted that :aok:

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 04:50 PM
To be fair to Hessenhibee, it's becoming very clear as he says that the majority of Hibs fans agree with him since he posted that :aok:

thanks Northern - you know it makes sense .

Can't believe how everyone is so excited about our CEO it used to be the Sauzee and my fav ever Latapy to get everyone together - although I also liked Tony Rougier so what do I know -

If Leeann is great 8 I accept that sorry fir meddling - :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2015, 04:52 PM

Can't believe how everyone is so excited about our CEO it used to be the Sauzee and my fav ever Latapy to get everyone together - although I also liked Tony Rougier so what do I know -

If Leeann is great 8 I accept that sorry fir meddling - [emoji106]
Whoosh?

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Tiresome since the OP.....Why bother?

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Whoosh?

Getting bored with being the pantomime villian - alex Edwards v cropley ?

matty_f
11-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm interested to see the evidence to support claims that STF is somehow benefitting from the share issue.

I'm also interested to see the evidence that Petrie is calling the shots.

Perhaps if that evidence was produced then people would come round to that argument.

I get that STF (or,IIRC, the holding company to be more accurate) is being repaid. The repayments are coming out of normal operating income. HSL funds and the income from the share issue goes directly to the team.

I struggle to put that with a statement about the share issue being for STF's benefit.

Now, usually this is the point that i'll get called a name, told I have my head in the sand, and no evidence is forthcoming. Wouldn't it be great if things were different tonight?

hibees 7062
11-10-2015, 05:49 PM
:flag: :gwa: :flag:

:aok: :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Getting bored with being the pantomime villian - alex Edwards v cropley ?
That's a thread hijack.

It might be better if you stuck to the discussion and answered my last question [emoji6]

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 06:02 PM
That's a thread hijack.

It might be better if you stuck to the discussion and answered my last question [emoji6]

Whoosh ?

I don't understand the question

hibees 7062
11-10-2015, 06:02 PM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuMuPB05tHPgsGRXXGJNyjhcbD7IBtV Xp0Z5ZvurPosZIJHEV4pA

Aldo
11-10-2015, 06:14 PM
I don't think it matters what we post the OP is clear on continuing his quest without answering any questions and more importantly provide ZERO FACT or evidence to back up his unbelievably claims.

I posted this earlier that STF saved this club from oblivion. I am sure he has dipped into his own pocket throughout the years to help out and if he wants something back in return then so be it.

What that man has done for this club throughout the years deserves better than what the OP has posted.

Yeah we are all hurting and are not happy with the league we are in but if you cannot see we have moved forwarded you've been away for the last 18 months.

Unless you can back up any of your comments with FACT I would suggest politely that you post elsewhere... If which I think you do!

Ronniekirk
11-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Can't be bothered getting involved in this one ,surprised your not watching Strickly Aldo :wink:

davy malcolm
11-10-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't think it matters what we post the OP is clear on continuing his quest without answering any questions and more importantly provide ZERO FACT or evidence to back up his unbelievably claims.

I posted this earlier that STF saved this club from oblivion. I am sure he has dipped into his own pocket throughout the years to help out and if he wants something back in return then so be it.

What that man has done for this club throughout the years deserves better than what the OP has posted.

Yeah we are all hurting and are not happy with the league we are in but if you cannot see we have moved forwarded you've been away for the last 18 months.

Unless you can back up any of your comments with FACT I would suggest politely that you post elsewhere... If which I think you do!
Well said you will never change the doubters mind's they just make up story's about STF I remember when we nearly lost hibs to Mercer people have short memories fortunately the majority don't

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Aldo
11-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Can't be bothered getting involved in this one ,surprised your not watching Strickly Aldo :wink:

Cheeky bar steward Mr K. Once over the weekend is enough thank you very much. ( can always get it in iplayer!

As for getting involved needs must and that!

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Cheeky bar steward Mr K. Once over the weekend is enough thank you very much. ( can always get it in iplayer!

As for getting involved needs must and that!

Imagine the uproar it would cause on here if someone posted the result.

Aldo
11-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Imagine the uproar it would cause on here if someone posted the result.

Like that!! :-)

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Whoosh ?

I don't understand the question
The previous one.

Bostonhibby
11-10-2015, 06:52 PM

Coming to this one a bit late, but jeez, its not actually a yam style share sale we are talking about, one where a bunch of idiots are told to send cash only just before they go bust and just in time for the cash to disappear out the country in a suitcase without so much as a wee bit of paper in exchange.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 06:53 PM
5million loan to pay of what debts - the bank wrote the debt off- sir T saved the club I was there - he rebuilt the club fact--- thanks very much appreciated - now he is in danger if leaving it in a worse position than the one he inherited - even that fat tor b mercer couldn't put us in the championship for years no it took years of sir rod getting it wrong again and again and again but heh Leeann posts on hibs net so all is well .

Big frank is on the board and he still like " to sit with the fans" oh we are grateful

What happens when Stubbs goes because he will as soon as he is wanted he has loyalty to Everton everything else is a stepping stone - read his book - he is Blaise about the whole thing

you chaps believe what you like but the truth is there in front of your eyes -

8k and our longest ever term in the lower echelons in what is scotlands worst ever period - but heh a barn in trannent and everyone still believes .

Sack the board - the problems still exist and when we get it wrong again - wberevdo we go

grunt
11-10-2015, 06:56 PM
This sounds like the same sort of rubbish that Hands on Hibs used to come out with.
Is this the same person?

To be honest this is becoming boring - no facts, no evidence, just endless repetition of the same smear comments.

matty_f
11-10-2015, 06:57 PM
5million loan to pay of what debts - the bank wrote the debt off- sir T saved the club I was there - he rebuilt the club fact--- thanks very much appreciated - now he is in danger if leaving it in a worse position than the one he inherited - even that fat tor b mercer couldn't put us in the championship for years no it took years of sir rod getting it wrong again and again and again but heh Leeann posts on hibs net so all is well .

Big frank is on the board and he still like " to sit with the fans" oh we are grateful

What happens when Stubbs goes because he will as soon as he is wanted he has loyalty to Everton everything else is a stepping stone - read his book - he is Blaise about the whole thing

8k and our longest ever term in the lower echelons in what is scotlands worst ever period - but heh a barn in trannent and everyone still believes .

Sack the board - the problems still exist and when we get it wrong again - wberevdo we go

The bank wrote off some debt, the rest was taken on by the holding company who agreed that the club would repay it interest free.

That isn't new debt, it's the existing debt being repaid on vastly favourable terms.

This isn't about believing what we like, so far as i can see there is only one person here doing that.

Nothing you posted constitutes evidence, just hugely misinformed statements that have no bearing on reality.

emerald green
11-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Some unbelievable cr** on this thread. I'm all in favour of debate, but it helps if it's informed debate (or at least semi-informed).

Not my call of course, but I'm a bit surprised this thread hasn't been closed by now.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 06:59 PM
What's your evidence that Rod is in charge?

Well sir tom is in charge but he passes responsibility to Rod who manages the day to day via Leeann - Leeann told me she doesn't want rod to leave - she has no choice - he is her boss - who cares what she wants - her paymasters will decide - what what do you think happens.?

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:00 PM

Do you have concrete evidence or are your postings just based on your opinion/hearsay?

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Do you have concrete evidence or are your postings just based on your opinion/hearsay?

Pure and simple.

Actually, imagine if we could get my favourite Hear'Say member to be our new CEO? That'd be Klaas

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Well sir tom is in charge but he passes responsibility to Rod who manages the day to day via Leeann - Leeann told me she doesn't want rod to leave - she has no choice - he is her boss - who cares what she wants - her paymasters will decide - what what do you think happens.?

Rod manages the day to day? Any examples or evidence of this?

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Pure and simple.

Actually, imagine if we could get my favourite Hear'Say member to be our new CEO? That'd be Klaas

Bostonhibby

:agree: And can anyone translate the evidence for the rest of us, should a response be forthcoming:aok:

Andy74
The bank wrote off some debt, the rest was taken on by the holding company who agreed that the club would repay it interest free.

That isn't new debt, it's the existing debt being repaid on vastly favourable terms.

This isn't about believing what we like, so far as i can see there is only one person here doing that.

Nothing you posted constitutes evidence, just hugely misinformed statements that have no bearing on reality.

There is little evidence the bank wrote off much of anything. When you work through the holding company debt it's more apparent that it was Sir Tom doing the writing off.

Rougier45

Matty how much debt was left - it was nowhere near 5 million - why haven't hibs been transparent ?

Let them tell us -,what was the bank debt - and how much was written off and where all the 5 million went to that the club is now paying back - they won't tell you .

I wonder why

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Matty how much debt was left - it was nowhere near 5 million - why haven't hibs been transparent ?

Let them tell us -,what was the bank debt - and how much was written off and where all the 5 million went to that the club is now paying back - they won't tell you .

I wonder why

Why is this being questioned now? Was it not explained when the announcement of 10 year interest free repayments happened?

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:08 PM
There is little evidence the bank wrote off much of anything. When you work through the holding company debt it's more apparent that it was Sir Tom doing the writing off.

If you want evidence ask hibs for it - or do we just believe - I'm not saying sir t is even wrong but everybody here thinks he is a saint - he is getting his investment back -

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Some unbelievable cr** on this thread. I'm all in favour of debate, but it helps if it's informed debate (or at least semi-informed).

Not my call of course, but I'm a bit surprised this thread hasn't been closed by now.

I think it's worth keeping it open. These claims have been around for a while so it's good to have some conversation around it.

I'm genuinely interested in the other argument. If we're being shafted then we should know about it and do something about it.

Getting some facts and evidence to counter the (at this stage) overwhelming evidence to say the claims are nonsense is vital. So, keeping the thread open and giving the OP the complete opportunity to present his case with the facts to back it up is the very least we can do.

I'm just really keen to see what we're all missing. The evidence must be compelling, given that those that have seen it are able to call us half-wits or whatever for not getting it.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Why is this being questioned now? Was it not explained when the announcement of 10 year interest free repayments happened?

Anyone with a business brain found see through his from day 1 hence the TAKE up OFF SHARES and complete lack of trust at ER

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:11 PM

I wonder why

Go on then - how much?

Benny Brazil
11-10-2015, 07:12 PM
I must be dreaming here - I am positive there was a similar thread about 10 months ago on here with the exact same accusations being thrown about without any evidence to offered to back them up :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Anyone with a business brain found see through his from day 1 hence the TAKE up OFF SHARES and complete lack of trust at ER

Haha what are you trying to say? Your sentences are not making any sense? Business brain you say , I know a few Accountant's that were more than happy with the deal. Are you saying you know better?

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:14 PM
I must be dreaming here - I am positive there was a similar thread about 10 months ago on here with the exact same accusations being thrown about without any evidence to offered to back them up :rolleyes:

Deja vu Benny.....

3pm
I know a few Accountant's that were more than happy with the deal.

Petrie? :greengrin

emerald green
I think it's worth keeping it open. These claims have been around for a while so it's good to have some conversation around it.

I'm genuinely interested in the other argument. If we're being shafted then we should know about it and do something about it.

Getting some facts and evidence to counter the (at this stage) overwhelming evidence to say the claims are nonsense is vital. So, keeping the thread open and giving the OP the complete opportunity to present his case with the facts to back it up is the very least we can do.

I'm just really keen to see what we're all missing. The evidence must be compelling, given that those that have seen it are able to call us half-wits or whatever for not getting it.

OK, I understand that rationale.

Rougier45
I apologized for the half wit comment and please replace abuse with aggressive - I am a hibee

Leeann doesn't know the answers but sir t and rod do - why don't we just ask them to show it all - give us the facts - they won't because - it's not what the fans want to hear .

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:16 PM
I apologized for the half wit comment and please replace abuse with aggressive - I am a hibee

Leeann doesn't know the answers but sir t and rod do - why don't we just ask them to show it all - give us the facts - they won't because - it's not what the fans want to hear .

Ask at the forthcoming AGM, oh you can't as you never purchased shares as you saw through the lies......

LD will know full well the facts. Please put the spade down.........

Bostonhibby
11-10-2015, 07:16 PM

What business are you in?

More than one of us looked at how much Farmer has put in, READ the terms of the share issue, understood where the money actually does go then signed up and were pleased to do so.

Andy74
11-10-2015, 07:18 PM
If you want evidence ask hibs for it - or do we just believe - I'm not saying sir t is even wrong but everybody here thinks he is a saint - he is getting his investment back -

It was all explained at the time. If you have evidence to the contrary then show it it or shut the hell up.

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Go on then - how much?

This from the statement at the time:

Following the settlement with the Bank, the holding company has agreed to halve the Club’s debt by converting £4.5 million of loans into new ordinary shares in the Club. A formal written resolution to give effect to this will be sent to shareholders with the papers for the AGM. The remaining loans will be refinanced as a single £5m mortgage provided by the holding company on terms acceptable to the Club.

So by that reckoning a c£10m debt (give or take) came down to a £5m debt. Well, I'm convinced now. My business brain has deducted that STF has pulled the wool right over our eyes....

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Ask at the forthcoming AGM, oh you can't as you never purchased shares as you saw through the lies......

LD will know full well the facts. Please put the spade down.........

Actually I can I bought shares first time round and I am in contact with Leeann who is trying to tout for buyers - take Aberdeen as an example how much did the banks write of there

After Rangers the banks all ran a mile - football was toxic - sir T God a great deal just a pity he didn't pass it all on to Hibernian -

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:22 PM

Leeann doesn't know the answers? This is getting even sillier now. And that takes some doing, by the way.

grunt
11-10-2015, 07:24 PM
This from the statement at the time.

So by that reckoning a c£10m debt (give or take) came down to a £5m debt. Well, I'm convinced now. My business brain has deducted that STF has pulled the wool right over our eyes....
Hessenhibee was indeed correct, the debt that was left was nowhere near £5m.

£10m is nowhere near £5m.

Northernhibee
11-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Actually I can I bought shares first time round and I am in contact with Leeann who is trying to tout for buyers - take Aberdeen as an example how much did the banks write of there

After Rangers the banks all ran a mile - football was toxic - sir T God a great deal just a pity he didn't pass it all on to Hibernian -

Considering you're now treading on potentially libellous territory here I'd make sure that you now start posting your proof. People from the club read .net you know.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:25 PM
This from the statement at the time:

Matty debt to who ? Nobody should be guessing - there should be complete transparency - it's all smoke and mirrors - I don't mean to patronize bit bit everyone works in business and we all want to believe the best in people

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2015, 07:26 PM

I would be amazed if LD even gave you the time of day to be honest.............

grunt
11-10-2015, 07:26 PM
... take Aberdeen as an example how much did the banks write of there

This was all discussed at the time, I'm sure you remember. The banks only wrote off debt that they knew they wouldn't get back. In our case, with Sir Tom guaranteeing the debt, the banks had no incentive to write off the debt as they knew it would be paid in full.

It was Sir Tom who took on the bank's debt and who wrote off half of it, personally.

How many times do you need to be told??

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Considering you're now treading on potentially libellous territory here I'd make sure that you now start posting your proof. People from the club read .net you know.

ok I will be quiet lets not ask for transparency -I will await my court summons - what bit is libelous ? Leeann touting hibs - lack of transparency - low crowds - sir t getting a better deal then is known ?

matty_f

Wasn't Aberdeen's debt largely written off by a wealthy family?

McD

Its actually quite frightening how much nonsense you're talking and are ignoring every bit of actual fact being put to you on this thread.

on the subject of proof - you've been asked for it several times, and now your answer is for us to 'ask hibs'. Here's the thing though, we don't need to, Hibs offered us the proof, months ago when the share offer and the financial situation were announced. You sir, are the one who is disputing those facts, so please either show us your evidence that contradicts what we've been shown or stop slavering.

Bostonhibby
11-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Some football clubs were paying their way and were not regarded as toxic by the banks and the banks were happy to do deals with them rather than withdraw their lines of credit and abandon them.

Anyway there are bats flying about in my belfry so I am having to leave this thread to write an urgent letter to Hibernian football club to see what they are going to do about it, I never had them before this share issue thing came along so it has to be something to do with Farmer selling me a Ponzi that I never knew I needed - he's got my money and the damn thing hasn't even arrived yet:grr:

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Matty debt to who ? Nobody should be guessing - there should be complete transparency - it's all smoke and mirrors - I don't mean to patronize bit bit everyone works in business and we all want to believe the best in people

The debt was to the bank. It's now to the holding company. Please don't feel you're patronising anyone.

Aldo
11-10-2015, 07:32 PM
You couldn't make this up could you! You keep adding snippets here and there. So now your saying you have shares and that LD is trying to sell them for you.... REALLY!

Also we have a barn in Tranent. Some Hibs fan! At least it's ours and not shared and we can pay our own way.... Unlike others.

With every post you make I am more convinced that you are totally at it!

If your no happy then don't go and go and support another team!

matty_f
11-10-2015, 07:32 PM
ok I will be quiet lets not ask for transparency -I will await my court summons - what bit is libelous ? Leeann touting hibs - lack of transparency - low crowds - sir t getting a better deal then is known ?

Let's be transparent. Tell us the figures, show us the facts.

I don't mean to sound patronising, but all you've posted is supposition around the bank deal.

Rougier45
11-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Ok enough :flag:

Believe as you will,and let's hope Stubbs get us up -'buy shares if you like - nobody is committing a crime it's just not Transparent