PDA

View Full Version : The normal one

chinaman
09-10-2015, 09:42 AM
Just watched the excellent Jurgen klopp being interviewed on sky
he says call me the "normal one". A sly wee dig at a certain clown in the same league. Good interview and he seems a decent man, good luck to him

Alex Trager
09-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Anywhere to watch the interview back?
Excited he's so close to home

Purehibee_MYB
09-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Anywhere to watch the interview back?
Excited he's so close to home

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/652413796896542720

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-10-2015, 10:22 AM
I don't like Liverpool, never have but I think they have got the right man for the job, such an infectious character.

Slightly off topic, why do Sky Sports News insist on hiring 2 guys to come on and report the bleeding obvious about the interview Klopp gave?

And what is it with Pearce and all this "albeit, another foreign manager on these shores" bull crap?, pray tell us Mr Failure, what english manager is good enough to take over this job?, correct, none!

Steve20
09-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Just watched the excellent Jurgen klopp being interviewed on sky
he says call me the "normal one". A sly wee dig at a certain clown in the same league. Good interview and he seems a decent man, good luck to him

A certain clown? Aye, that's clowns managerial CV doesn't look too bad. Better than Klopp's by a mile anyway.

Torto7062
09-10-2015, 11:12 AM
A certain clown? Aye, that's clowns managerial CV doesn't look too bad. Better than Klopp's by a mile anyway.

I think Chinaman is having a dig at Joses recent
Attitudes to Non-Chelsea employees etc...everything
he says just now is a bit like the ugly sisters
From the west's attitude "nobody likes us"

I'm a massive Pool fan and can't believe we have
got Klopp..major coup....

Thank ****** they didn't go for Stubbsy eh 😉

HappyHanlon
09-10-2015, 11:14 AM

Sod his CV, he's a clown - a grade A clown.

lugz
09-10-2015, 11:17 AM
At least Klopp will be able to pull on his experience from last year when he is helping liverpool scrape into the europa league.

Northernhibee
09-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Just a placeholder til Liverpool can afford Warburton's release fee :aok:

Alex Trager
09-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Just a placeholder til Liverpool can afford Warburton's release fee :aok:

Makes sense

AndyM_1875
09-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Hiring Jurgen Klopp is probably the smartest thing Liverpool FC have done in years.

Onceinawhile
09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
It's an Avram Grant joke.

jacomo
09-10-2015, 01:24 PM
It's an Avram Grant joke.

Even Chelsea supporters can't remember who Avram Grant is, or anything he said. Certainly the press pack laughed like they'd never heard it before.

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Not a fan of Liverpool .... but I do like Klopp, he brings a smile to football and seems a genuinely nice self effacing guy, if ever a club took itself too seriously its Liverpool, 'Kloppo' could be just what they need.

Moulin Yarns
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Not a fan of Liverpool .... but I do like Klopp, he brings a smile to football and seems a genuinely nice self effacing guy, if ever a club took itself too seriously its Liverpool, 'Kloppo' could be just what they need.

Klopp of the Kop sounds good :wink:

chinaman
09-10-2015, 09:58 PM
I think Chinaman is having a dig at Joses recent
Attitudes to Non-Chelsea employees etc...everything
he says just now is a bit like the ugly sisters
From the west's attitude "nobody likes us"

I'm a massive Pool fan and can't believe we have
got Klopp..major coup....

Thank ****** they didn't go for Stubbsy eh 😉

Aye a whoosh moment eh! The 20 lad missed the point Joses a bully ,can't take losing , it's never his fault, jeez he even slated the wee physio lassie weeks back and chose to ignore saints 2 clear pens.
Here's to the "normal one" xxxx jose

Jim44
09-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Klopp of the Kop sounds good :wink:

Give him a couple of years and it'll be Klopp for the Chop.

hibsbollah
09-10-2015, 10:37 PM
I like him. Less full of himself than most of them.

Forza Fred
09-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Give him a couple of years and it'll be Klopp for the Chop.

Or, knowing the press.....Colonel Klopp for the Chop.

Seriously, good to see an injection of humour by the German.......maybe will resonate through what has been a pretty tense Anfield of late, and pay dividends on the park.

MJN1875
10-10-2015, 12:44 AM
Seems a good guy. I've never had much time for Liverpool as a club but good luck to him.

Dashing Bob S
10-10-2015, 02:22 AM
I don't have a downer on Liverpool, great city, lovely people and team with an amazing tradition, but I think Klopp is a bit ill-advised going there. They are very much an institution in decline, and fan expectations remain sky high because of their past, coupled with the owners desire to maintain their flagging status as a global brand with the glory-hunting international football consumer.

Crucial to this strategy is re-establishing them as a Champions League outfit, but I think it's difficult to see past the London and Manchester clubs sewing up these spots. Indeed, I expect first, West Ham, when they move into the Olympic Stadium, and then Spurs, when the finally redo White Hart Lane, to start pushing ahead of them in the queue for CL slots. Even the Manchester clubs might struggle in the long run to attract the very best continental players who will be excited by London's lifestyle opportunities as a global capital for the mega-rich, and it's proximity and transit links to the continent. Liverpool? Forget it.

It's a shame, but money really does talk. Unless we enter a less TV/advertisers/corporate led era, where the game is more regulated in terms of budget ceilings and wage caps etc, then I think Liverpool are destined to become at best a second-tier English club, alongside the Newcastle's, Stoke's, Everton's, Villa's etc.

Forza Fred
10-10-2015, 03:07 AM
I don't have a downer on Liverpool, great city, lovely people and team with an amazing tradition, but I think Klopp is a bit ill-advised going there. They are very much an institution in decline, and fan expectations remain sky high because of their past, coupled with the owners desire to maintain their flagging status as a global brand with the glory-hunting international football consumer.

Crucial to this strategy is re-establishing them as a Champions League outfit, but I think it's difficult to see past the London and Manchester clubs sewing up these spots. Indeed, I expect first, West Ham, when they move into the Olympic Stadium, and then Spurs, when the finally redo White Hart Lane, to start pushing ahead of them in the queue for CL slots. Even the Manchester clubs might struggle in the long run to attract the very best continental players who will be excited by London's lifestyle opportunities as a global capital for the mega-rich, and it's proximity and transit links to the continent. Liverpool? Forget it.

It's a shame, but money really does talk. Unless we enter a less TV/advertisers/corporate led era, where the game is more regulated in terms of budget ceilings and wage caps etc, then I think Liverpool are destined to become at best a second-tier English club, alongside the Newcastle's, Stoke's, Everton's, Villa's etc.

Interesting theory, however there is also the close proximity of Liverpool to Manchester, so geographically there is no reason Liverpool couldn't match Manchester in that regard.

I think you have written off Liverpool too early.

Only time will tell if I am right, or wrong as usual I guess.

Rougier45
10-10-2015, 05:04 AM
Interesting theory, however there is also the close proximity of Liverpool to Manchester, so geographically there is no reason Liverpool couldn't match Manchester in that regard.

I think you have written off Liverpool too early.

Only time will tell if I am right, or wrong as usual I guess.

Never got the Liverpool thing - even though IMO KING KENNY Is the greatest ever and Souness and Hansen are WC . they where always a bit like Steve Davis boring but extremely effective - most exciting pool team was 2 seasons ago under Brendan with a fast aggressive attack strateg similar to fergies greatest teams - English football is in decline has been for years and the CL results support this - this is down to no Englishman or even brits/ irish playing - Newcastle firs team had zero a few weeks back - Chelsea /arrsnal 1 Englishmen each in starting 11 - once people start canceling sky / bt. In favour of cheaper options like Netflix as is already happening in the states it will all go pop and good enough for them all

WellingtonHibby
10-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Never got the Liverpool thing - even though IMO KING KENNY Is the greatest ever and Souness and Hansen are WC . they where always a bit like Steve Davis boring but extremely effective - most exciting pool team was 2 seasons ago under Brendan with a fast aggressive attack strateg similar to fergies greatest teams - English football is in decline has been for years and the CL results support this - this is down to no Englishman or even brits/ irish playing - Newcastle firs team had zero a few weeks back - Chelsea /arrsnal 1 Englishmen each in starting 11 - once people start canceling sky / bt. In favour of cheaper options like Netflix as is already happening in the states it will all go pop and good enough for them all

Eh?