PDA

View Full Version : Platini suspended

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 10:33 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34474231?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaki ng&%2338;ns_source=twitter&%2338;ns_linkname=news_central

Will the SFA now withdraw their support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
08-10-2015, 10:41 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34474231?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&%2338;ns_source=twitter&%2338;ns_linkname=news_central

Will the SFA now withdraw their support?

Does sound like Blatter knows where all the bodies are and is making sure he takes a few down with him.

hibsmad
08-10-2015, 10:46 AM
I found it strange that given how opposed the FA and SFA have been towards Blatter for some time, that they were both so eager to support someone who seemed to get along so well with Blatter. I know it could have been argued that Platini was only playing the politics game, however it always seemed to me that he was a bit too friendly with Blatter and not the man to bring about the change required.

Peevemor
08-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Platini's saying that he's been cooperating fully with the FIFA enquiry and has nothing to hide. He says that some within FIFA haven't cooperated at all and are going out their way to bring him (Platini) down.

We'll see.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Platini's saying that he's been cooperating fully with the FIFA enquiry and has nothing to hide. He says that some within FIFA haven't cooperated at all and are going out their way to bring him (Platini) down.

We'll see.

Of course he's cooperating fully. [emoji3] I'm surprised he's not claiming he referred himself to the ethics committee. That's the usual PR nonsense we get in these situations.

Peevemor
08-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Of course he's cooperating fully. [emoji3] I'm surprised he's not claiming he referred himself to the ethics committee. That's the usual PR nonsense we get in these situations.

That's why I said we'll wait and see. The upper echelons of football are more to do with politics than the sport itself it would seem, and we all know how trustworthy politicians can be.

jgl07
08-10-2015, 10:35 PM
They have got Blatter

They have got Platini

The next one will be Doncaster!

Onion
09-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I found it strange that given how opposed the FA and SFA have been towards Blatter for some time, that they were both so eager to support someone who seemed to get along so well with Blatter. I know it could have been argued that Platini was only playing the politics game, however it always seemed to me that he was a bit too friendly with Blatter and not the man to bring about the change required.

Lesser of the two evils. Platini has been found guilty of nothing to date, but IMO there's something inherently dodgy about anyone who actively seeks to rule the world and if you do enough digging, you'll eventually find a few bones 😉 FIFA should shortlist s few folk for the job and whoever wants it least is yer man !

lucky
09-10-2015, 02:39 PM
He accepted £1.3m from FIFA. He claims its for work he did 9 years ago. So it's hardly surprising that he's got some explaining to do.

jacomo
09-10-2015, 02:52 PM
They have got Blatter

They have got Platini

Guilty of impersonating a competent football administrator.

Pete
09-10-2015, 03:04 PM
They all need to go. Every single one of them. It's laughable when you can suspend three guys and still be left with dodgy characters taking the reins.

Guilty or not there needs to be 100% change for faith to be restored in our game.

easty
09-10-2015, 03:10 PM
They have got Blatter

They have got Platini

In a country where so many people are completely passionate about football, we're led by this complete no-mark, characterless, clueless, muppet. He should go, followed swiftly by whatever panel of ****wits decided he was the man for the job.

Pete
09-10-2015, 03:21 PM
In a country where so many people are completely passionate about football, we're led by this complete no-mark, characterless, clueless, muppet. He should go, followed swiftly by whatever panel of ****wits decided he was the man for the job.

The problem we have is that 90% of these passionate people support one of two teams giving us a dreadful, boring sporting product. I have no time for Doncaster and think his leadership is weak but he's working with his hands tied behind his back. If he even dared to suggest a proper system of wealth distribution that would ensure competition, the Glasgow media would launch a campaign that would make what is happening to Jeremy Corbyn look trivial.