PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT: TRANSITION ACADEMY

RSS Bot
08-10-2015, 08:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5756)

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Took a week to come up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radium
08-10-2015, 08:42 AM

Or it took a week for Spartans to formally withdraw from the agreement having gone to the press about it. Seems consistent with how we operate - release things when they are finalised.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Or it took a week for Spartans to formally withdraw from the agreement having gone to the press about it. Seems consistent with how we operate - release things when they are finalised.

Spartans handed in their notice long before the Evening News got the story.

flash
08-10-2015, 09:06 AM

Whereas it only took you 15 minutes to have a pop at Hibs.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Whereas it only took you 15 minutes to have a pop at Hibs.

I'm sorry but if we are all about improved communication with the fans, it can't just be the good news. They could have explained the differences in approach, the clubs plan going forward etc.

flash
08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
To be fair the club seems to produce a constant stream of information these days.

givescotlandfreedom
08-10-2015, 09:47 AM
You know things are looking up when even the moaners are struggling to come up with something decent to slate the club on.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 09:54 AM
You know things are looking up when even the moaners are struggling to come up with something decent to slate the club on.

Do you think the club have handled this well?

Brightside
08-10-2015, 10:00 AM
I still dont think the Club know what they want to do in this area. The idea seems to change almost weekly. So probably best they keep schtum until that actually have an agreed way forward.

Andy74
08-10-2015, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry but if we are all about improved communication with the fans, it can't just be the good news. They could have explained the differences in approach, the clubs plan going forward etc.

Perhaps they felt it better to keep their own counsel on this? You've told one side, I am sure there are others and maybe they didn't feel it was appropriate to speak badly of anyone at Spartans.

givescotlandfreedom
08-10-2015, 10:04 AM

I don't think anything should be said until it's official. Same goes for potential signings.

givescotlandfreedom
08-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Perhaps they felt it better to keep their own counsel on this? You've told one side, I am sure there are others and maybe they didn't feel it was appropriate to speak badly of anyone at Spartans.

That's the thing for me. Getting into a slanging match through the media wouldn't help us.

marinello59
08-10-2015, 10:06 AM

Exactly. Nothing further needs to be said. Beating Hibs or Spartans up over this is pretty pointless. A business arrangement didn't work out, it happens.

scoopyboy
08-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Maybe the clubs agreed not to go into too much detail. :dunno:

But don't let that get in the way of you having your wee dig.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Maybe the clubs agreed not to go into too much detail. :dunno:

But don't let that get in the way of you having your wee dig.

Which would contradict the new spirit of openness as spoken about by Leeann and Colin Miller in their interviews with Matty.
But don't let that get in the way of you having a dig at me. [emoji3]

Gatecrasher
08-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Iv never seen a fuss over nothing on the scale that hibs. Net achieves :not worth

FranckSuzy
08-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Which would contradict the new spirit of openness as spoken about by Leeann and Colin Miller in their interviews with Matty.

I don't think that's particularly fair. Surely a business has to exercise caution and will only announce news when it's official? :confused: You obviously had inside info, so were ahead of the game, so to speak but I honestly don't see how Hibs can be accused of doing something wrong here.....IMHO of course :wink:

hibs0666
08-10-2015, 10:44 AM

What do you want the club to say?

This is such a nothing issue for anyone bar the career club knockers.

Scouse Hibee
08-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Official notice from the club is good enough for me, anything else is hearsay, it doesn't have to be instantaneous just to satisfy the rumour mill.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't think that's particularly fair. Surely a business has to exercise caution and will only announce news when it's official? :confused: You obviously had inside info, so were ahead of the game, so to speak but I honestly don't see how Hibs can be accused of doing something wrong here.....IMHO of course :wink:

I was hoping we would have heard from Hibs last week when it became a news story. It has been official for some time now. Last weeks story was full of quotes from Spartans, it would have been good if Hibs had been able to release a statement at the same time.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 11:18 AM
And apologies for caring how the club looks to the outside world.

IanM
08-10-2015, 11:19 AM
We all knew about this last week from the Evening News - don't really care that Hibs have waited until now to comment. They'll have had their reasons.

More kudos to both Hibs and Spartans on agreeing the split rather than continuing to waste time and money on something that wasn't working for either party.

They'll both move on fine, i'm sure.

hibs0666
08-10-2015, 11:20 AM
And apologies for caring how the club looks to the outside world.

The outside world does not really give a flying one about such a trivial thing - I's be surprised doubt more than a few hundred people even knew about the initiative in the first place.

scoopyboy
08-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Good response.

I don't have many digs at posters so consider yourself honoured.:greengrin

Beefster
08-10-2015, 11:34 AM

You'll probably find that most fans don't give two hoots about communication on stuff like this. I don't want the club releasing statements every time something changes in its operations.

Edit: That'll teach me to read the entire thread. A fair number of folk beat me to the same point.

BSEJVT
08-10-2015, 11:35 AM
What do you want the club to say?

This is such a nothing issue for anyone bar the career club knockers.

:top marks

It seems to me Ozy that you cant wait to put the boot in to Hibs over any / everything.

Given your affinity with Spartans this particular episode must have had you sharpening your studs with gusto.

Time to give it a rest?

Brightside
08-10-2015, 11:37 AM
TBH there are very few fans that give a hoot about football at this age group. Personally i dont think the Spartans guy came out well by having a dig at Hibs. A bit petty for something so small.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 12:01 PM
:top marks

It seems to me Ozy that you cant wait to put the boot in to Hibs over any / everything.

Given your affinity with Spartans this particular episode must have had you sharpening your studs with gusto.

Time to give it a rest?

That's just not true, I praise the club when I think it's merited.
I think it just seems to you that I'm criticising the club a lot because it has been so poorly run that we are now spending a 2nd season in the Championship. Believe me, when that is fixed I will be as positive as anyone on here.

Edit:- maybe not as positive as Baldy Foghorn. [emoji3]

FitbaFolkKen
08-10-2015, 12:22 PM

I think if you look at that statement we don't really need to know anything else, the club are trying to build a positive image so if there is a negative to come out of this break up with Spartans then they are hardly going to highlight it. In fact I read it almost as Hibs defending their approach to developing youth players in the last paragraph without saying too much to be critical of Spartans as the Spartans (http://www.spartansfc.com/2015/10/01/spartans-hibernian-transition-academy/) article did have a negative twist to it.

I'm delighted with the communication from the club if you look at the news the day before you have hibs training camps (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5752) for youngsters and the hibs kids takeover (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5751) so our focus on youth and engaging with the community is still there.

It really is not something to criticise the club over.

KeithTheHibby
08-10-2015, 12:27 PM
I was hoping we would have heard from Hibs last week when it became a news story. It has been official for some time now. Last weeks story was full of quotes from Spartans, it would have been good if Hibs had been able to release a statement at the same time.

Who gives a ****? Why should we release a statement at the same time?

Mon_the_cabbage
08-10-2015, 12:34 PM

Alan Stubbs was quoted in the EEN last Friday (the article on Dundee Utd contact) where he stated that Hibs would speak to those affected ie parents before issuing a statement.
This was to allow them to hear it direct rather than read it in the paper. I think most would agree with that stance.

marinello59
08-10-2015, 12:38 PM
Alan Stubbs was quoted in the EEN last Friday (the article on Dundee Utd contact) where he stated that Hibs would speak to those affected ie parents before issuing a statement.
This was to allow them to hear it direct rather than read it in the paper. I think most would agree with that stance.

So basically the club have done the right thing.

jodjam
08-10-2015, 01:11 PM
So basically the club have done the right thing.

You sometimes get the feeling Hibs could cure world hunger and some would criticise them for taking their eye of the ball regarding heart disease.

lyonhibs
08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
The outside world does not really give a flying one about such a trivial thing - I's be surprised doubt more than a few hundred people even knew about the initiative in the first place.

:agree::agree:

A bit perplexed here. Poster worries about how this, non 1st team matter makes Hibs to the outside world, outside world more or less oblivious to the setup in the first place.

Everyone moves on.

Greencore
08-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Who are Spartans?

Kato
08-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Who are Spartans?

Small ancient Greek City State with a warrior ethos. Small beer.

monarch
08-10-2015, 01:56 PM
We all knew about this last week from the Evening News - don't really care that Hibs have waited until now to comment. They'll have had their reasons.

More kudos to both Hibs and Spartans on agreeing the split rather than continuing to waste time and money on something that wasn't working for either party.

They'll both move on fine, i'm sure.

The Evening News/Scotsman broke this story through Moira Gordon who, I believe, has connections at Spartans. May explain why it was broken well in advance of Hibs statement. Also Hibs wanted to advise parents ahead of stating anything.

Brightside
08-10-2015, 02:09 PM
The Evening News/Scotsman broke this story through Moira Gordon who, I believe, has connections at Spartans. May explain why it was broken well in advance of Hibs statement. Also Hibs wanted to advise parents ahead of stating anything.

Parents knew months ago it was ending.

BSEJVT
08-10-2015, 02:10 PM
That's just not true, I praise the club when I think it's merited.
I think it just seems to you that I'm criticising the club a lot because it has been so poorly run that we are now spending a 2nd season in the Championship. Believe me, when that is fixed I will be as positive as anyone on here.

Edit:- maybe not as positive as Baldy Foghorn. [emoji3]

No-one is happy we are in the championship at all let alone for a second year.

It's churlish however not to mention any of the good things that have happened since then.

It seems you have no difficulty finding and highlighting the bad but no interest or desire to highlight the good?

Is it the case that until we return to the SPL that as far as you are concerned everything is bad?

That's your prerogative if it is, but people are tiring of hearing how **** the club is, when it seems to many that they are now doing most things very well

bigwheel
08-10-2015, 02:38 PM

The parents knew before Moira Gordon...because Hibs were not sending coaches (as they had promised) to run some of the training sessions...the real people who were let down were the kids. They did not get the right level of support for a few months, because effectively Eddie May and his coaches had given up on the transition academy, without actually stating they were doing so....Whatever your views are of whether the academy was right or wrong. This was a project that both parties committed to, which failed, and Hibs cannot be happy with their role in it..

Billy Whizz
08-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Anyone know if we will continue to use Ainslie park for development games? I presume this is unaffected with the termination of the other contract?

bigwheel
08-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Anyone know if we will continue to use Ainslie park for development games? I presume this is unaffected with the termination of the other contract?

For this season yes - up for review at the end of the season ...

matty_f
08-10-2015, 02:48 PM

You'd need a very literal take on things if you think that what Colin and Leeann meant about improving comminications to mean giving full disclosure on every topic.

There will be countless instances where a level of pragmatism or diplomacy outweighs the need to share every detail.

Iggy Pope
08-10-2015, 02:51 PM
The parents new before Moira Gordon...because Hibs were not sending coaches (as they had promised) to run some of the training sessions...the real people who were let down were the kids. They did not get the right level of support for a few months, because effectively Eddie May and his coaches had given up on the transition academy, without actually stating they were doing so....Whatever your views are of whether the academy was right or wrong. This was a project that both parties committed to, which failed, and Hibs cannot be happy with their role in it..

Might there be a reason for them giving up? I hate the thought of kids being let down but was the initiative popular enough? In other words, lots of kids, regularly enough, to justify the visits (assuming they started in the first place).
I've seen apathy at work in football - could the coaches have just stopped giving up their time?

bigwheel
08-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Might there be a reason for them giving up? I hate the thought of kids being let down but was the initiative popular enough? In other words, lots of kids, regularly enough, to justify the visits (assuming they started in the first place).
I've seen apathy at work in football - could the coaches have just stopped giving up their time?

There were lots of kids, this wasn't about lack of interest from the kids...many of them had been persuaded to join the transition academy when they had other options...

Iggy Pope
08-10-2015, 03:04 PM
There were lots of kids, this wasn't about lack of interest from the kids...many of them had been persuaded to join the transition academy when they had other options...

In that case, their disappointment is understandable. Statements or otherwise, Hibs need an inward look. These kids are the future season holders, (especially given the geographical location), never mind centre backs.

Brightside
08-10-2015, 03:25 PM
In that case, their disappointment is understandable. Statements or otherwise, Hibs need an inward look. These kids are the future season holders, (especially given the geographical location), never mind centre backs.

they werent good enough. end of. We move on. Hibs needs to find another way of getting 12yo kids into the club. A transition acadamy with one club is just daft.

bigwheel
08-10-2015, 03:31 PM
they werent good enough. end of. We move on. Hibs needs to find another way of getting 12yo kids into the club. A transition acadamy with one club is just daft.

you clearly misunderstand what happened if that's your view...whether they were good enough or not, Hibs let the project down - the club needs to learn from that before we move on in my opinion

Iggy Pope
08-10-2015, 03:44 PM

That might be right, but the club in question isn't even as far away as Crewe Toll and letting them down, if true, is crap. I Don't care how many agents or 12year old starlets you know. And crap grammar there btw. i'm sure Hibs is working on the 'needs' :wink:

3pm
08-10-2015, 03:48 PM
For this season yes - up for review at the end of the season ...

Why do we not use EM? Is it because there is no stand at the 4G pitch?

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Why do we not use EM? Is it because there is no stand at the 4G pitch?

Think the rules state there needs to be a stand for development games.
Whatever comes from all this, I think Hibs need a base in Edinburgh for bringing young kids into training. Tranent is just too far out for some parents.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 04:08 PM
you clearly misunderstand what happened if that's your view...whether they were good enough or not, Hibs let the project down - the club needs to learn from that before we move on in my opinion

Agree, it's about doing what you say you are going to do.

banarc7062
08-10-2015, 04:33 PM

Most definately. I have no worries on how Leanne handles Hib':thumbsup:s affairs

greenlex
08-10-2015, 05:28 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk FFS. Just shut up will ye?

Ozyhibby
08-10-2015, 05:34 PM
FFS. Just shut up will ye?

Hope you didn't rush home from work to for that? [emoji23]

liamh2202
08-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Think the rules state there needs to be a stand for development games.
Whatever comes from all this, I think Hibs need a base in Edinburgh for bringing young kids into training. Tranent is just too far out for some parents.

When I joined his acadamy our base was dalziel park Motherwell. How times have changed ;)

Ronniekirk
08-10-2015, 07:09 PM
This is turning into an everyone. v Ozzy thread Did Ozzy not have inside info earlier than most because he is involved in coaching youngsters with Spartans so is emotionally involved However I have no issue with the statement the Club have put out ,and am confident that the right people at the club will do what they think is best for Hibs going forward .
Clearly things haven't worked out on this venture and I would assume both parties are aware of the reasons for this .