PDA

View Full Version : Play off pricing agreed

3pm
07-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Hopefully we are not needing the play offs but pricing attached anyway. :aok:

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/press-release--play-off-pricing-agreed/

CallumLaidlaw
07-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Still think it's a joke that the clubs in the playoffs can't set their own pricing.

Alan62
07-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Still think it's a joke that the clubs in the playoffs can't set their own pricing.

They can. These are 'minimum' prices.

liamh2202
07-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Everyone wants cheaper prices ,,, so they bring in minimum pricing. You couldn't make it up

CallumLaidlaw
07-10-2015, 12:44 PM
They can. These are 'minimum' prices.

Yeah but I mean, if clubs wanted to allow ST holders for free, or charge £10 for an adult.

Alan62
07-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Yeah but I mean, if clubs wanted to allow ST holders for free, or charge £10 for an adult.

If a club wanted to let season ticket holders in free, they would have to pony up the cash to cover the number (and type) of season ticket holders who took up the offer. Presumably, they could also find a way to discount a ticket by paying the balance.

The point is that these games are outside the scope of the matches covered by the season ticket. A club could, of course, take a risk like Hibernian does with cup top ups and include a 'play-off top-up' but that would look a bit defeatist at the start of the season.

Presumably in shared-gate cup games, Hibernian makes a payment to the other club for cup top up season ticket holder attendance - and, in a year like we're currently having, could make a loss on cup top ups.

Steve20
07-10-2015, 12:50 PM
The playoffs decides the league you'll be in for next season, so it's a league game. Should be part of the season ticket. I have ve always and will always think that it's ridiculous to charge supporters extra on top of that. Especially considering they've failed in the aim to win the league.

I understand Hibs can't do anything about this but it's more proof that making a quick bit of cash is more important to the SPFL than the supporters are.

Sir David Gray
07-10-2015, 12:52 PM
The playoffs decides the league you'll be in for next season, so it's a league game. Should be part of the season ticket. I have ve always and will always think that it's ridiculous to charge supporters extra on top of that. Especially considering they've failed in the aim to win the league.

I understand Hibs can't do anything about this but it's more proof that making a quick bit of cash is more important to the SPFL than the supporters are.

Yep. :agree:

easty
07-10-2015, 12:55 PM

It is and it isn't (a league game) I suppose. You play the playoff final against a team from the league above, how can you class that as a league game, if you're playing a team in a different division?

07-10-2015, 01:00 PM
The SPFL’s 42 member clubs today voted unanimously !!!

Can't believe this went thru unanimously. Are the SPFL still taking 50% of the top of the revenue or has the change Hibs, Hearts and M'well proposed and lost last year been accepted now - if not we should have voted against. This is the SPFL having their cake and eating it.

So what will happen if Celtic, Hibs and Hearts get knocked out the League Cup and the final ends up like the Scottish Cup Final last year? Watch them drop the pricing to £5 for kids and market it a "family final" no doubt but still it will be £12 for kids at a playoff game. Bonkers.

Another example of the lack of joined up thinking by the SPFL.

Thecat23
07-10-2015, 01:03 PM
They can twist it about all they want, but for me my season ticket should get me every home game this season. The play offs are deciding which league we will be in and I'd expect that to be included. This isn't a dig at Hibs I think this should be for every team.

I think forking out for a season ticket at the prices we pay should allow us entry for free. I'll still pay it of course I just think it's wrong.

DH1875
07-10-2015, 01:30 PM
No problem with it tbh.

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2015, 02:08 PM
It seems reasonable to me ... If we make the play off semi as 2nd placed team and get to the play off final that's £15 per game, unless we make the League cup or Scottish cup final that's the two most important games we will play all season for a total of £30. Or, if we make the play off final, the most important game we will have played in two seasons for less than the price of a regular league game.

If nothing else at least they have set the price well in advance this time.

SaulGoodman
07-10-2015, 02:12 PM
I didn't have a problem with it until I realised I effectively paid a lot of money so most of my family could watch Hibs get relegated.