PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley Interview

worcesterhibby
07-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Great little post match interview with Marv on Hibs TV at the moment. He has such a good attitude. When asked how he feels about playing on artificial surfaces, he says says that he wishes the game against QOS was the last time he had to do it, but that's it's important that no one at Hibs makes it an excuse, "people would give their right arm" to be playing for Hibs and so he knows how lucky he is and just wants to be professional and get the win.

If you are a supporter that can't get along to ER as regularly as you used to for whatever reason and you are not a Hibs TV subscriber, then I suggest you get signed up...full highlights, full matches, great commentary and lots of exclusive interviews...and you will be contributing cash to the cause and helping Hibs move forward..get it done. :greengrin

MJN1875
07-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Great little post match interview with Marv on Hibs TV at the moment. He has such a good attitude. When asked how he feels about playing on artificial surfaces, he says says that he wishes the game against QOS was the last time he had to do it, but that's it's important that no one at Hibs makes it an excuse, "people would give their right arm" to be playing for Hibs and so he knows how lucky he is and just wants to be professional and get the win.

If you are a supporter that can't get along to ER as regularly as you used to for whatever reason and you are not a Hibs TV subscriber, then I suggest you get signed up...full highlights, full matches, great commentary and lots of exclusive interviews...and you will be contributing cash to the cause and helping Hibs move forward..get it done. :greengrin

I like big marv, he's been solid for us this season.

Vault Boy
07-10-2015, 10:20 AM
I enjoyed his interview too. His candor is probably owed somewhat to his late entry into full time football, very humble and genuinely thankful for his good fortune. Nice to see.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Agree, think he has been really good this season doing the unglamarous midfield work.

Also a good example of how adding a clearly inferior individual player (he's not in same class as Allan) to do a different role can strengthen the team overall. He's the kind of player whos contribution to the team is greater than his individual ability, if that makes sense.

MJN1875
07-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Agree, think he has been really good this season doing the unglamarous midfield work.

Also a good example of how adding a clearly inferior individual player (he's not in same class as Allan) to do a different role can strengthen the team overall. He's the kind of player whos contribution to the team is greater than his individual ability, if that makes sense.

Yeah it makes perfect sense.

He's one of those players u have to be there to see his full ability. I wasn't impressed against Morton, but my mate who's a season ticket holder assured me it was just a bad game, and how right he was. The last couple of games I've seen him play he's been excellent. Anything the midfield miss he cleans up and is solid. Takes no sh*t, and is brilliant at tackling. Exactly what we needed.
I think the midfield is better now than with Allan. As much as I'd liked to have kept him to add to our midfield, given the choice I'd take what we have now over keeping him and losing him for free in Jan anyway.

Mcgeoch, mcginn, Henderson and Bartley have all been great this season. Fyvie is also a great wee player. I like us all over the park, and once we get the strikers fully fit so we have another couple of options upfront I think we can win this league.