PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers game

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I really think we all need to make an effort and turn up here. Anything under 15000 is a disgrace, should be a sell out ffs!

This can take it down to 5 points if we win all our games. The week before it is a crucial week with 3 games in 1 week. We are getting a load of injured players back and will be able to rotate some of the squad.

If we want to win this league we need to get to the games especially the sevco one.

Bring it down to 5 points and they'll ***** it!!!!

Sir David Gray
06-10-2015, 07:23 PM
We also have a tricky set of fixtures before that match.

We are at home to Dumbarton next, who we obviously lost to on the opening weekend, and we drew 0-0 against them at Easter Road last season. Then we have Falkirk and Raith Rovers away from home back to back who are just above and just below us in the table.

We need to just keep our good form going and see where we are going into the match against Sevco.

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up for that match, it won't be anywhere near a sellout so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for that but hopefully we'll start to see a few people coming back over the next few months.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Three wins before The Rangers and a sell out would be on.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 07:47 PM

We are at home to Dumbarton next, who we obviously lost to on the opening weekend, and we drew 0-0 against them at Easter Road last season. Then we have Falkirk and Raith Rovers away from home back to back who are just above and just below us in the table.

We need to just keep our good form going and see where we are going into the match against Sevco.

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up for that match, it won't be anywhere near a sellout so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for that but hopefully we'll start to see a few people coming back over the next few months.

Maximum points, all these diddy teams will get pumped. I'm including sevco in that list!

portyhibernian
06-10-2015, 07:54 PM
If we can't beat Dumbarton at home then there's nae danger we'll win the league!!!

PatHead
06-10-2015, 08:18 PM
One game at a time. Lot to happen between now and then.

Stuarty27
06-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Why no turn it into something positive.

Rather than moan saying we should get 15,000 sold, try and create an event as fans, like a homecoming or something along those lines. Maybe club could get involved,double lolayty points or something.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 08:26 PM

Rather than moan saying we should get 15,000 sold, try and create an event as fans, like a homecoming or something along those lines. Maybe club could get involved,double lolayty points or something.

Cheaper tickets.......

easty
06-10-2015, 08:39 PM
If we can't beat Dumbarton at home then there's nae danger we'll win the league!!!

aye, we heard you the first time.:rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2015, 08:41 PM
aye, we heard you the first time.:rolleyes:

We need to beat them at least twice??

Libby Hibby
06-10-2015, 09:02 PM

Good idea, you should send an email to Leeann and I'm sure she'll support it if she thinks the idea would work. Would it not be close to the 6-2 games 15th anniversary? Perhaps we could try and get as many players who played in that game to make a half time lap of honour

Andy74
06-10-2015, 09:12 PM

Surely the event is a football match with our big rivals for the league?!

marinello59
06-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Surely the event is a football match with our big rivals for the league?!

Not enough for some apparently. The football does me, games like this one are what it's all about.

Libby Hibby
06-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Not enough for some apparently. The football does me, games like this one are what it's all about.

Nor does it help with being on the telly at a stupid time on a Sunday.

The football does it for me but if the club could market something in the right way, we maybe could entice a few more to rock up

marinello59
06-10-2015, 09:33 PM

The football does it for me but if the club could market something in the right way, we maybe could entice a few more to rock up

Sunday ain't ideal but it's a home game. For the majority it just means stumble out of bed and go and watch the Hibees. It's not that much of a hardship.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 09:36 PM

I don't think we should do anything to make it special tbh. Usually stuff like that turns out to be an embarrassment and we will end up getting pumped. Can't people just turn up. Can't believe it's even an issue getting people to turn up ffs!

Ronniekirk
06-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I don't think we should do anything to make it special tbh. Usually stuff like that turns out to be an embarrassment and we will end up getting pumped. Can't people just turn up. Can't believe it's even an issue getting people to turn up ffs!

Well it clearly is an issue that has exercised many a thread and apart from a modest increase against Aberdeen we are where we are .But like someone else said win all our games up to the Rangers game and it would lead to a bigger attendance ,but it's a Sunday ,it's on the telly ,it's top whack ,kick off time has been changed etc etc
None of that matters to me ,was at previous two defeats and will be at this game .

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Would be better sending every ****er on the database a map & LRT bus timetable coz half o' them seem tae have forgotten where ER is.

monktonharp
07-10-2015, 12:59 AM
I don't think we should do anything to make it special tbh. Usually stuff like that turns out to be an embarrassment and we will end up getting pumped. Can't people just turn up. Can't believe it's even an issue getting people to turn up ffs!seems to me, you are making it an issue. the early sunday tv, has made it very easy for a lot to give it a body swerve, like it or not. I will be there, and encourage people I know/relatives to go but, the Sunday thing does it for some like it or not.

Centre Hawf
07-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Would be better sending every ****er on the database a map & LRT bus timetable coz half o' them seem tae have forgotten where ER is.

This.

Personally felt the attendance against Aberdeen was poor considering it didn't apply many of the complaints issued by people who don't go anymore. It wasn't against any of the "Championship dross" it was against the top/in form team in the country at that point.

Tickets were cheaper I believe? Forgive me as I don't know the exact reductions but the fact they put it down at all is good news. But yet still the Hibs support was no higher than what? 9k I think?

GreenLake
07-10-2015, 04:25 AM
My mate just texted me that LAFC are going to have a museum next to their new stadium in LA when they build it. I thought "why would a club with no history have a museum?" and then wondered if The Rangers might have one at Ibrox.

Libby Hibby
07-10-2015, 05:25 AM

Why, then, would 'people just turn up' if you think 'we will end up getting pumped' anyway?

Your posts seem too aggressive and perhaps tto really care about getting the punters back on a regular basis

Slicer
07-10-2015, 05:53 AM
If every regular could persuade just one person to come along we'd have 15,000.

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2015, 06:13 AM

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up for that match, it won't be anywhere near a sellout so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for that but hopefully we'll start to see a few people coming back over the next few months.We also beat them 4 times scoring 14 goals, it shouldn't be too hard assuming we turn up.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 07:44 AM
This.

Personally felt the attendance against Aberdeen was poor considering it didn't apply many of the complaints issued by people who don't go anymore. It wasn't against any of the "Championship dross" it was against the top/in form team in the country at that point.

Tickets were cheaper I believe? Forgive me as I don't know the exact reductions but the fact they put it down at all is good news. But yet still the Hibs support was no higher than what? 9k I think?

Good points.

Who'd have thought it eh, that maybe loads of those stay-aways excuses are just excuses. I'm just waiting for the mad rush for season tickets when Petrie eventually goes, you'll struggle to get a seat at Easter Road...

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2015, 07:52 AM
When 3-0 wins against the likes of Alloa and Queen of the South become the minimum expected outcome and not treated like some major achievement for a club of our size then we'll soon see crowds come back.

Borderhibbie76
07-10-2015, 07:57 AM
When 3-0 wins against the likes of Alloa and Queen of the South become the minimum expected outcome and not treated like some major achievement for a club of our size then we'll soon see crowds come back.
Yawn 😖

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
07-10-2015, 07:58 AM
They all seem to know where Hampden is mind for a cup semi or final

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

marinello59
07-10-2015, 08:00 AM

No Hibs fans here are treating wins against Alloa and QOTS as major achievements though are they? Some of us might be guilty of enjoying seeing our team win but maybe that's because we don't let posters like you suck the joy out of absolutely everything to do with Hibs.

My_Wife_Camille
07-10-2015, 08:37 AM
No Hibs fans here are treating wins against Alloa and QOTS as major achievements though are they? Some of us might be guilty of enjoying seeing our team win but maybe that's because we don't let posters like you suck the joy out of absolutely everything to do with Hibs.
The subject matter is the size of the crowds. Rangers are regularly scoring 3, 4 or 5 goals every week this season and as a result their crowds are up massively compared last season where they struggled.

It's an absolute certainty that if we were brushing teams aside on a weekly basis as Rangers are doing this season and Hearts did last season then we would be seeing higher attendances at ER.

MJN1875
07-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Why, then, would 'people just turn up' if you think 'we will end up getting pumped' anyway?

Your posts seem too aggressive and perhaps tto really care about getting the punters back on a regular basis

I'm saying if we make a big deal of the game eh celebrating 6 2 etc it's asking for a pumping. It's a huge game for us and a huge occasion anyway don't understand why folk don't just turn up anyway.
And also I don't think we will get pumped, I think we will win.

Bad Martini
08-10-2015, 11:09 AM
So if I am understanding this thread correctly, before anyone has bothered not to turn up or make excuses for not going to the biggest game of the season so far, we have already rippd them all, told them they need a map and a bus timetable, suggested they would be here for hampden the glory hunting bassas and every other pelter known to man..............and the game is not even close to being next on the schedule??

A few extra bonus pelters from those uber fans who have also decided some folk wouldnt go anyway.

So, the name of the game is to get folk to go, moan like **** they dont go yet there has been NO opportunity to go yet?

Is this like a 3 week early match thread, just to start the infighting early? :rolleyes::greengrin

***** barry so it is...:aok:

JimBHibees
08-10-2015, 11:18 AM
So if I am understanding this thread correctly, before anyone has bothered not to turn up or make excuses for not going to the biggest game of the season so far, we have already rippd them all, told them they need a map and a bus timetable, suggested they would be here for hampden the glory hunting bassas and every other pelter known to man..............and the game is not even close to being next on the schedule??

A few extra bonus pelters from those uber fans who have also decided some folk wouldnt go anyway.

So, the name of the game is to get folk to go, moan like **** they dont go yet there has been NO opportunity to go yet?

Is this like a 3 week early match thread, just to start the infighting early? :rolleyes::greengrin

***** barry so it is...:aok:

Couldnt agree more, so much angst and energy being used up for the square root of nowt. :greengrin