PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal Update - Kids Trip To Kiev

StevieC
06-10-2015, 09:36 AM
I know that my recent updates haven't provided the best of news, but in between them we did manage to organise an amazing trip to Kiev for all the children from the family orphanages.

The story is now up on the dniprokids.com website, so have a wee read .. there's some amazing photos in it.

Kids Trip To Kiev (http://dniprokids.com/dnipro-appeal-trip-to-kiev/)

Both the kids and the orphanage "parents" all said they had an amazing time. And that is 100% down to the continued support of the Hibernian community for the Dnipro Kids charity.

Derek Dougan
06-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Fantastic report Stevie. Well done :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
06-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Had a wee speck of dust or something in my eye reading that.

Fantastic read and some great pictures.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Fantastic stuff http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

lyonhibs
06-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Must stop chopping onions when reading these updates. Incredible story and the kids look like they're having a great time.

IanM
06-10-2015, 11:26 AM
:top marks:aok::top marks:aok::top marks:aok:

Superb stuff..

Has there ever been any chat about holding a preseason match with Dnipro with all proceeds going to Dnipro kids? Pretty sure this would generate quite a substantial amount for the kids?

Velma Dinkley
06-10-2015, 02:05 PM
As this is the 10 year anniversary of the Dnipro Kids charity we were hoping to arrange a special friendly match at Easter Road between Hibs and FC Dnipro pre-season this year but, unfortunately, it proved a little bit too tricky to organise due to visa issues. I think the ongoing war created extra difficulties. Both clubs were very keen to make it happen, though, so it's something that will be revisited. I think it would be a cracking game so watch this space :wink::flag:

StevieC
06-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Has there ever been any chat about holding a preseason match with Dnipro with all proceeds going to Dnipro kids? Pretty sure this would generate quite a substantial amount for the kids?

I met with one of the FC Dnipro directors at the start of the year with regards to a pre-season match at Easter Road, and he was quite keen on the idea. They normally do their pre-season in Germany so it wouldn't have been too hard to come over.

Unfortunately the Europa Cup Final, and visa restrictions, meant that they were unable to commit and it fell through. The seed has been seen though, and it may well happen in the future.