PDA

View Full Version : jason cummings

Unseen work
06-10-2015, 12:21 AM
How long can we realistically keep hold of this guy?

Scored 7 already, a 3rd of what he totalled for last season.

I get some games he doesn't look that great, but for me that is his biggest attribute, the fact he can be having a nightmare or doing nothing, them pop up with a winner.

A young guy scoring as many goals as he is and getting in the Scotland 21s must be getting some serious attentions

CraigHibee
06-10-2015, 12:32 AM
Hopefully as long as possible, how long does Jason still haven't his contract?

green day
06-10-2015, 05:24 AM
Signed a 3 year extension in July 2014.

Libby Hibby
06-10-2015, 05:37 AM
We should looking to realistically hold on to Jason for another 3 seasons, he's nowhere near mature enough, in football terms, to move on yet and staying put will do his long term career a lot of good

gorgie greens
06-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Signed a 3 year extension in July 2014.

Going by this at the end of this season he will be his last year , PETRIE get it sorted

Cabbage East
06-10-2015, 06:06 AM
I have no idea what the post above means but Jason would do well to keep at it and develop with Hibs for at least another couple of seasons.

Ronniekirk
06-10-2015, 06:44 AM

I get some games he doesn't look that great, but for me that is his biggest attribute, the fact he can be having a nightmare or doing nothing, them pop up with a winner.

A young guy scoring as many goals as he is and getting in the Scotland 21s must be getting some serious attentions

I think other clubs will have been waiting to see how he went this season and make sure he was able to continue his scoring rate ,
and develop his all round game more .
I think he will remain till the end of the season ,and when we get promotion he will be given an extended contact ,that specifies he can go for X amount ,but think he will want to prove he can continue scoring in higher Leaugue before moving on .However as goal scorers are always in demand ,he is bound to be scouted ,and then it depends who bids and how mutch and then Club and player have decisions to make .

SlickShoes
06-10-2015, 08:52 AM
To get him away from Hibs it's going to take Celtc or Rangers being able to quadruple his wages, or someone in England.

I don't think he will be ready for either of those moves by the end of this season, hopefully he sticks around and continues to get better.

Hibee87
06-10-2015, 09:56 AM
I am travelling up to Aberdeen this weekend to see kevin bridges, avoiding any delays on the train up on Sat I hope to catch the U21 game at pitodrie. I am looking forward to seeing him in the scotland set up and how well he adapts to a different team around him. Im sure McGinn is also the captain of the U21

Smartie
06-10-2015, 10:01 AM
To get him away from Hibs it's going to take Celtc or Rangers being able to quadruple his wages, or someone in England.

I don't think he will be ready for either of those moves by the end of this season, hopefully he sticks around and continues to get better.

I think he SHOULD stick around but I don't think he will.

He's not short of confidence so will back himself to do well wherever he goes.

I don't see Hibs risking him leaving for nothing so they'll cash in with a few hundred thousand at the end of this season.

Players always seem to move that little bit too early and I think he'll do the same.

Johnny_Leith
06-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Same agent as Scott Allan....

In all seriousness, I think JC has his head screwed on and knows the next 2-4 years with Hibs and Hibs only is imperative to his development.

Smartie
06-10-2015, 10:16 AM
Same agent as Scott Allan....

In all seriousness, I think JC has his head screwed on and knows the next 2-4 years with Hibs and Hibs only is imperative to his development.

Who only needed to stay one more year. Next summer was the right time for SA to move.

I'd say that JC should stay this season but he really needs to be playing in the Premier League or in England next year. If we get promoted he should stay with us for another year. If we don't then I think he's got a decision to make.

lord bunberry
06-10-2015, 10:19 AM
This will probably be his last season with us if he keeps scoring at the rate he is. It's rare for a footballer to stay if a decent bid comes from a team down south.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Hel be off at the end of the season 100% if we don't go up. Good chance hel be away even if we do go up.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Who only needed to stay one more year. Next summer was the right time for SA to move.

I'd say that JC should stay this season but he really needs to be playing in the Premier League or in England next year. If we get promoted he should stay with us for another year. If we don't then I think he's got a decision to make.

Now was the right time for Allen to move. It's a job, someone offers you 4 X your wages you go. You'd be an idiot not to.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Not if we stay down. You don't get better playing the likes of Alloa in the Scottish first division

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 10:44 AM
We should looking to realistically hold on to Jason for another 3 seasons, he's nowhere near mature enough, in football terms, to move on yet and staying put will do his long term career a lot of good

That's absolute garbage. He's more than ready for a big move he's proved himself already. There are worse strikers than him playing in the premiership now.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2015, 10:53 AM
I see him as a Hooper type player, will score a barrowload in Scotland then get a decent move where he will maybe struggle to hold down a regular starting place.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2015, 10:59 AM
A bit torn on this.

On one hand he scores for fun in the Championship but is a fair bit from being the finished article. Whilst I think he would score goals in the Scottish Premierhsip, is that a worthwhile move for him? He's not ready, by quite a distance imo, for the English Championship yet.

On the other hand if he stays at Hibs too long will his development start to stagnate in the same way as Steven Fletcher? I think he'd do well to see out this season and next, see how he goes and take it from there.

lucky
06-10-2015, 11:04 AM
At this moment in his career he's lucky to be at Hibs never mind at a bigger club. He's got a lot to learn and improve to earn a move to England. He's a decent championship player with potential. So I think he'll be at Hibs until we don't want him.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2015, 11:09 AM
That's absolute garbage. He's more than ready for a big move he's proved himself already. There are worse strikers than him playing in the premiership now.

No chance is he good enough to play in the Premiership yet.

Smartie
06-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Now was the right time for Allen to move. It's a job, someone offers you 4 X your wages you go. You'd be an idiot not to.

Time will tell.

In a few years Allan might have a big contract but no playing time at Celtic behind him (I suspect this will be the case) and be scrambling around trying to get a contract at the likes of ourselves or Dundee United again.

If he'd waited a year then he'd have had far better options open to him down South.

Allan is a superb player but it suited him to be our main man and imo he still had a bit of improving to do. As a result of leaving us he still only has 3/4 of a good season with us and about 17 games with Dundee United on his cv. Back to back POTY awards would have served him well.

Smartie
06-10-2015, 11:24 AM
A bit torn on this.

On one hand he scores for fun in the Championship but is a fair bit from being the finished article. Whilst I think he would score goals in the Scottish Premierhsip, is that a worthwhile move for him? He's not ready, by quite a distance imo, for the English Championship yet.

On the other hand if he stays at Hibs too long will his development start to stagnate in the same way as Steven Fletcher? I think he'd do well to see out this season and next, see how he goes and take it from there.

I didn't think that Steven Fletcher was stagnating at Hibs. I think he made the right move at the right time (even if he did want to go to Celtic). The fact that he developed at Hibs until he couldn't any more meant that he could get quick moves up the way with Burnley, Wolves then Sunderland.

IWasThere2016
06-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Hel be off at the end of the season 100% if we don't go up. Good chance hel be away even if we do go up.

:agree:

Gatecrasher
06-10-2015, 11:44 AM
No chance is he good enough to play in the Premiership yet.

I agree, he is still learning his trade IMO. Even the improvement just over the summer is noticeable, he could be better off staying put for a couple of more years before giving it a go in England.

bigwheel
06-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I didn't think that Steven Fletcher was stagnating at Hibs. I think he made the right move at the right time (even if he did want to go to Celtic). The fact that he developed at Hibs until he couldn't any more meant that he could get quick moves up the way with Burnley, Wolves then Sunderland.

I agree with that - we only actually had one full season of Fletcher as a star player...he was still developing in the other years....

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Teams that have lots of cash, should be eying up our players. We should not fear that. What we need to be aware of, is slippery short-sighted agents, and contracts that don't realty protect our interests.

rodhibs55
06-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Talk of a move for JC at the moment is pretty premature in my opinion. He needs to score, at a minimum, the same number as he scored last season. He then needs to prove he can do it when we step up a league to the top league. Based on this, he should be with us till the end of next season and if he does perform, then the bidding will commence.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2015, 12:08 PM

Stagnating was a poor choice of word on my part.

I meant what you did, he developed as much as he was going to at Hibs and our level and had to move on to continue that development.

allezsauzee
06-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Was this thread started by Jason's agent?

portyhibernian
06-10-2015, 12:27 PM
All anyone really knows is that he's a good striker at Scottish Championship level. English Championship is a different kettle of fish and to be honest I think he's nowhere close to being good enough for that at this point, let alone Premier League. Time is on his side though and I do think he has the attitude and potential to reach that level. If we go up lets see how he does in Scotland's top flight first!

hibeemikey21
06-10-2015, 12:34 PM
All anyone really knows is that he's a good striker at Scottish Championship level. English Championship is a different kettle of fish and to be honest I think he's nowhere close to being good enough for that at this point, let alone Premier League. Time is on his side though and I do think he has the attitude and potential to reach that level. If we go up lets see how he does in Scotland's top flight first!

Precisely. You don't have to look much further than Stevie May. He was an absolute goal machine in the Scottish championship (whilst on loan) and then started banging them in in the top flight as well. He won the Scottish cup and then got his move to the English championship and has found the going very tough. He's a guy with an exemplary attitude too.

English league 1 is probably a much easier transition (Eoin Doyle was a class act in there for example!!), but the English championship is no joke.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-10-2015, 12:54 PM
At this moment in his career he's lucky to be at Hibs never mind at a bigger club. He's got a lot to learn and improve to earn a move to England. He's a decent championship player with potential. So I think he'll be at Hibs until we don't want him.

Couldn't agree more mate.

He defintely has the 'knack' of scoring goals. But generally, hes not a particularly accomplished player, his link-up is poor, he is ridiculously one-footed for someone who plays in the centre of the pitch, and i would suggest his game intelligence and positioning all need significant work. and my word does he telegraph what hes going to do before he does it.

I really don't see him playing at a much higher level than Hibs for a good while. Compare him to guys who have been successful down south such as Griffiths or Fletcher, and hes not even close. Even Keatings looked a far more accomplished player in the games they played.

Smartie
06-10-2015, 03:03 PM

He defintely has the 'knack' of scoring goals. But generally, hes not a particularly accomplished player, his link-up is poor, he is ridiculously one-footed for someone who plays in the centre of the pitch, and i would suggest his game intelligence and positioning all need significant work. and my word does he telegraph what hes going to do before he does it.

I really don't see him playing at a much higher level than Hibs for a good while. Compare him to guys who have been successful down south such as Griffiths or Fletcher, and hes not even close. Even Keatings looked a far more accomplished player in the games they played.

Very harsh.

Remember how young he is for a start. He's managed to squeeze a fair few "learning experiences" into a short career (relegation, missing a penalty in a play-off, playing under Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs, scoring in derbies, suffering a career-threatening injury, being top scorer in the league) which will stand him in good stead in years to come.

As you say, he has a knack for scoring goals that you simply cannot teach.

His "all-round play" is improving all the time. That's actually the thing that impresses me most about him - that he is still improving. Sometimes players appear in a flash then as defenders learn how to play them effectively they lose their impact. I think there is far more to Jason this year than there was last year and I see no reason why he shouldn't continue to improve.

He isn't perfect, he has aspects of his game he needs to work on a bit more and I get as frustrated as anyone by our team's inability to break certain teams down. But I really don't know what some people expect of him.

With the strikers we've signed over the past couple of seasons you'd have expected him to disappear down the pecking order but give him his due - he's seen off all the challenges. And given Stubbs' experience in working with young players that says it all for me.

Allant1981
06-10-2015, 04:20 PM

Griffiths has not been succesful down south and how fletcher has went for so much in transfers is anyones guess, cummings is only a young laddie and will become a really good striker imo, maybe not english premier league but will have a good career, i think you are being very harsh on him

hibsbollah
06-10-2015, 04:30 PM

Exactly. I like him but i think we have to be realistic about the standard of play in our league.

cmcd
06-10-2015, 04:40 PM

Libby Hibby is 100 percent correct

poolman
06-10-2015, 04:48 PM
Its a difficult one this to predict how he would do on a bigger stage so to speak

I remember the scourge of Hibs, namely wee fat Robbo who could score goals for fun up here and then went to Newcastle and failed pretty spectacularly IIRC

Sir David Gray
06-10-2015, 06:31 PM

Do you mean the English Premiership or the Scottish Premiership?

If you mean Scotland then I would agree but he's miles away from being good enough for the English Premiership.

Diclonius
06-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Cummings will be Rangers' next "top target" should we be near them in January, with Martin Waghorn giving exclusives to the papers about how he's been dreaming of a strike partnership with Jason.

Sir David Gray
06-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Cummings will be Rangers' next "top target" should we be near them in January, with Martin Waghorn giving exclusives to the papers about how he's been dreaming of a strike partnership with Jason.

And how Cummings is desperate to join his boyhood heroes and how can Hibs possibly stand in his way?

I know we're jesting here but it's probably not too far away from the truth!

lord bunberry
06-10-2015, 06:56 PM
If Cummings gets 25 goals this season a team from down south will take a chance on him. They won't care that the other parts of his game aren't up to scratch yet, they'll hope he can work on them and make the grade. Hibs have done exactly the same thing with Insall. The money we're investing in the hope that Insall makes the step up is nothing to a club of our size, the same would the case for an English club from either of the top 2 divisions taking a chance on Cummings. Bigger teams are always prepared to take a punt on a prolific goal scorer as they're worth their weight in gold.

MJN1875
06-10-2015, 06:57 PM

So what. I can also guarantee that as long as we are in this league with sevco we will not do business with them. This isn't old hibs, this is Leanne and Stubbs hibs.

Jonnyboy
06-10-2015, 06:59 PM

It's a work in progress. Jason scored against both Hearts and Rangers with his right foot and on both occasions he was able to do so because of his his game intelligence and positioning. These skills are there, they just need to be refined!

Onion
06-10-2015, 07:07 PM

There's a lot to like about JC, not just his goal scoring record. His attitude, application and gallus confidence reminds me a lot of Griffiths - and we can see how well he's doing now. Hopefully we can hang onto JC for a few years yet, but ut would also be no bad thing to see him really kick in and get a crack at a bigger club (with Hibs getting a bit of cash in return).

JimBHibees
06-10-2015, 07:18 PM

Jeezo you really hate him don't you. Ridiculous critique.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Jeezo you really hate him don't you. Ridiculous critique.

Of course i dont hate him, i dont hate any Hibs player.

And i would have him in the first team if i was picking it (at least until the mythical front line of Alagui and Keatings are fit and firing!), but we are a second-rate championship team for the second season in a row.

I agree that Cummings has the (unteachable) knack of scoring goals, and thats why he is worth persevering with, and im sure he will keep improving. But he looks like a player that has not been a professional very long, and he has major flaws in his game that will, for the time being at least stop him moving to a higher level than Hibs.

Has Cummings even ever scored a top-flight goal in his entire career? And some people are talking about the English Premier and comparing him to Griffiths...? Behave.

frazeHFC
07-10-2015, 07:55 AM
Of course i dont hate him, i dont hate any Hibs player.

And i would have him in the first team if i was picking it (at least until the mythical front line of Alagui and Keatings are fit and firing!), but we are a second-rate championship team for the second season in a row.

I agree that Cummings has the (unteachable) knack of scoring goals, and thats why he is worth persevering with, and im sure he will keep improving. But he looks like a player that has not been a professional very long, and he has major flaws in his game that will, for the time being at least stop him moving to a higher level than Hibs.

Has Cummings even ever scored a top-flight goal in his entire career? And some people are talking about the English Premier and comparing him to Griffiths...? Behave.

He was a teenager when he scored the playoff goals and has followed that up with a season of scoring frequently. I think his game has been improving all the time. Not going to say he will turn out amazing but he's doing very well for himself just now and if we don't go up then definitely merits his move to test himself at a higher level imo.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Seriously, what is it with deserving his chance? If a player like Cummings is now bigfer than the club then we all might as well pack up and go home.

And if we are still down next season, I hope we are binning the forwards who would have failed two years in a row to score enoigh goals to get us promoted

Jim44
07-10-2015, 08:17 AM

Not if we stay down. You don't get better playing the likes of Alloa in the Scottish first division

Don't sit on the fence, Jason. :greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 08:19 AM

Has he? How many top flight goals has he scored?

lord bunberry
07-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Seriously, what is it with deserving his chance? If a player like Cummings is now bigfer than the club then we all might as well pack up and go home.

And if we are still down next season, I hope we are binning the forwards who would have failed two years in a row to score enoigh goals to get us promoted
How many goals would he have to score not to get binned by you? If he scores 30 goals but we don't go up would you still bin him? At what stage do you say it wasn't his fault?

worcesterhibby
07-10-2015, 08:27 AM
I tend to agree with the posters who suggest he is not really ready for a big move yet. Certainly if Hibs say down he might be tempted to head to one of the lesser SPL sides to compete at the top level in Scotland and I'm sure he would do a decent if unspectacular job. I love JC and if I was the manager he would be one of the first names on the team sheet right now, but he still has a lot of development to come...I just hope it's at Hibs !

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 08:57 AM

Jack
07-10-2015, 09:26 AM
When he was up against Aberdeen the other week I thought he was second best, and sometimes not even as good as that, in every part of his game.

And then, after 80 minutes, he scored a stoater that sent us on to victory!

That's Jase at the moment.

He needs more time to sort out his whole game before moving up a level with us next season.

MJN1875
07-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Don't sit on the fence, Jason. :greengrin

Oh no, I've been rumbled!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 10:23 AM
How many goals would he have to score not to get binned by you? If he scores 30 goals but we don't go up would you still bin him? At what stage do you say it wasn't his fault?

I would say it wasn't his fault if our defending was more of a problem than our attacking. At the moment, we are far stronger defensively than we are attacking.

I don't want to put a figure on it, because it would depend on the team and how we were playing. But at the moment, our strikers and attackers are letting us down by not scoring enough goals, by not moving the ball quicker, by not having better movement. Cummings is by no means the only problem in that regard, but he is a major component of an attack that continually looks blunter than it should.

If our defence continues to play as well as it is, and we continue to drop points by not scoring enough goals and we don't get promoted as a result, then Cummings would have some major questions to answer, wouldn't you agree?

But no, if he scored 30 goals, i wouldn't bin him. And by binning i meant looking for better, not necessarily putting him out the door, but him not being a first choice.

Im not anti-Cummings, i just cant believe the people that think he has outgrown Hibs - i think he has lots to improve on before he can even think about moving beyond Hibs, and if it wasnt for injuries he may not even be a first choice at Hibs. Theres some posters on this thread suggesting Hibs would be lucky to keep him!

He is a very raw, immature young player who has had one good season playing in the second level of the Scottish second tier. He has potential of course, but i would be very surprised if Celtic or atop championship club is interested in him.

Vault Boy
07-10-2015, 10:47 AM

How many Johnstone Paint Trophy goals does Messi have?

Granted, Jason has actually made a few appearances in the top flight, but I think my point is obvious.

In his only two full seasons with us, Jason is averaging a goal ratio slightly higher than 1 in 2. He might have broken into the first team whilst we were in the top flight, but he was used sporadically and only in about half of the games. A completely unfair way to judge him. Oh, and FYI, Jason has scored goals against current top flight teams, Dundee United and Aberdeen respectively. (Also scored multiple goals against Hamilton and Hearts who are also top flight teams, but weren't at the time).

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-10-2015, 11:22 AM
How many Johnstone Paint Trophy goals does Messi have?

Granted, Jason has actually made a few appearances in the top flight, but I think my point is obvious.

In his only two full seasons with us, Jason is averaging a goal ratio slightly higher than 1 in 2. He might have broken into the first team whilst we were in the top flight, but he was used sporadically and only in about half of the games. A completely unfair way to judge him. Oh, and FYI, Jason has scored goals against current top flight teams, Dundee United and Aberdeen respectively. (Also scored multiple goals against Hamilton and Hearts who are also top flight teams, but weren't at the time).

Yeah, your point is obvious, but it's also rubbish. we are talking about levels, and JPT is not a higher level than Messi, but you already know that. And hearts and Hamilton were both second tier teams when he scored against them, but you know that too.

I know he has scored goals, and I think he'll score more. I said I would be picking him in my current Hibs team.

My comment about him not having ever scored a top flight goal was in response to the poster who said he had already proven himself at a higher level than Hibs, which he quite obviously hasn't.

I don't disagree with anything else you say, he is scoring goals, with a second level second division team in Scotland. That's where we are, and I don't see him moving above the level of Hibs at the moment, because of the various and very obvious flaws in his game at the moment. If we get promoted, he'll get a chance to show his development then.

WeeRussell
07-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Time will tell.

In a few years Allan might have a big contract but no playing time at Celtic behind him (I suspect this will be the case) and be scrambling around trying to get a contract at the likes of ourselves or Dundee United again.

If he'd waited a year then he'd have had far better options open to him down South.

Allan is a superb player but it suited him to be our main man and imo he still had a bit of improving to do. As a result of leaving us he still only has 3/4 of a good season with us and about 17 games with Dundee United on his cv. Back to back POTY awards would have served him well.

:agree: :aok:

07-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Cummings is still what I would describe as a raw talent. Great potential but needs to be coached and learn how to be a consistently better player. Would love him to have been working alongside a Mixu or Brewster type player in the forward line so he learns at close quarters where to go on the pitch and when. Maybe Farid will be that when fit. Of the strikers on the clubs books, he looks the better natural pairing with Cummings.

The original question was how long could we keep him. If he keeps scoring I fear not long. Remember he was wanted (Swansea City from memory) when he had hardly kicked a ball for our 1st team - now that he's scoring regularly he will be on a list of players to watch at the majority of clubs in England, even though Hibs are in the Championship.

When will he be the finished article is another question. We all thought Fletcher was a great player before he left but he undoubtably got better working in the English Premiership. When (and not if) Cummings goes I just hope he did what Fletcher did by banging a couple of goals in a Winning Cup Final. We all would love the best young players to stay at Hibs but we need to be realistic and at the right time thank the player for his service/contribution and get the best possible deal for the club.

My fear is there will undoubtably be a hole in the balance sheet because of a second year in the Championship. I just hope he's not sold on the cheap in January or next summer to plug the gap ion the balance sheet. Championship Team or lowly Premiership Teams might look to take a punt on a player for the future. When Hibs sell Jason it has to be the right deal.

Libby Hibby
07-10-2015, 09:13 PM

What is garbage is your relentlessness to sell our top striker. We're trying to build a team here, not sell one...

Thecat23
07-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Jason Cummings ready for the Prem??? Are some folk seriously saying that 😂😂

He's raw as hell, misses a lot of chances and no where near good enough. He'd struggle in the English championship ffs. Griffiths is far better and even he'd struggle in the Prem. Unless folk mean Scottish Prem? If it's English please have a word because it's laughable trust me.

I'm glad we have him just now as he's learning and hopefully will get us out this league. I rate him btw but I'm not deluded to think he's a Premiership player.

Scouse Hibee
07-10-2015, 09:30 PM

He's raw as hell, misses a lot of chances and no where near good enough. He'd struggle in the English championship ffs. Griffiths is far better and even he'd struggle in the Prem. Unless folk mean Scottish Prem? If it's English please have a word because it's laughable trust me.

I'm glad we have him just now as he's learning and hopefully will get us out this league. I rate him btw but I'm not deluded to think he's a Premiership player.

Too many folk trying to play FM with real players!

lord bunberry
07-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Jason Cummings ready for the Prem??? Are some folk seriously saying that 

I don't think anyone is saying he's ready for the premiership. But there's quite a number of examples of talented players from this division heading down to the premiership. Teams down there are prepared to sign up a player in the hope he might make the grade as there's so much money available to them. Swansea signed that guy from hearts last year and he hadn't even played in the first team yet.

MJN1875
07-10-2015, 11:34 PM
What is garbage is your relentlessness to sell our top striker. We're trying to build a team here, not sell one...

Yeah cos I have the final say in selling him of course! What are you talking about?
Jason will go when a decent move comes. We are trying to build a team but if the price is right and he wants to go, he will go. We will always sell at the right time that's just the way it.

frazeHFC
08-10-2015, 09:39 AM

No chance is he an English Prem player. With my post was merely saying that with a goal record like he has in this league, if we don't go up I wouldn't begrudge him if he left for a Scottish Prem or English Championship / League 1 side and there will be plenty ready to take a punt if he ends this season with 20+ goals.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-10-2015, 12:33 PM
No chance is he an English Prem player. With my post was merely saying that with a goal record like he has in this league, if we don't go up I wouldn't begrudge him if he left for a Scottish Prem or English Championship / League 1 side and there will be plenty ready to take a punt if he ends this season with 20+ goals.

I cant see it, maybe a league 1 side, but id be surprised if a championship side came in for him, and no SPL team would have the money to buy him that we would want, except Celtic who wouldnt want him.

But as someone else said, people do take punts on goalscorers, so you never know.

Something else which i think really goes against JC in the modern game is his inability to play up front on his own - most teams in England play this system just now, and i dont think it suits JC

Unseen work
08-10-2015, 12:36 PM
I think people could be clearer saying what premiership it is he is ready for
Scottish premiership - easy
English championship - no

A league one or championship team in England tho is a good shout lee erwin got a massive move to leads after only 6 goals.

R'Albin
08-10-2015, 01:12 PM

I generally agree, although I think Griffiths is more than good enough for the prem. The most talented Hibs player I've seen in my short time.

Greencore
08-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Went to newcastle in my fm game for 4.5m didn't get played sold to Swansea for 2m and got loaned to Rotherham. Scored about 40 goals. Side note I dominated Scottish and European football with hibs. Would play my reserve team against the ****bos and win around 6-0... Oh memories.

Thecat23
08-10-2015, 02:09 PM
I generally agree, although I think Griffiths is more than good enough for the prem. The most talented Hibs player I've seen in my short time.

I think after this season at Celtic he may well be.

08-10-2015, 04:41 PM

This. A young talent but like you say still has a lot of maturing and learning to do. Hibs are a good club for him to develop himself at. I just hope he keeps his feet on the ground and doesn't get carried away and start thinking he's too god to be here. The best thing for Jason and his career IMO would be to stay with hibs a few more season, getting plenty game time under his belt and developing his game then hopefully for him he will be ready for a bigger move.

Getting carried away and jumping at the first chance at a big move when he still has lots to develop could be damaging to his career. Hopefully he sees sense and listens to the right people and not greedy agents just looking to make a quick buck or two.

A great wee talent who, if he choses wisely and keeps working hard, should have a very successful career ahead.