PDA

View Full Version : Anglo Hibernian Supporters Club

Cheshire Hibby
05-10-2015, 07:52 PM
As a new member to Hibs.net since August, I can't help but notice that there are many Hibees south of the border. Whilst I have seen reference to supporters clubs in London and the North West, is there demand for an "Anglo" Hibs Supporters Club? If not, how do you join the North West Club?

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2015, 07:55 PM
I wasn't aware there was a North West club?

Cheshire Hibby
05-10-2015, 07:58 PM
I wasn't aware there was a North West club?

I recall seeing it mentioned in a recent thread about attending the Aberdeen game.

HH81
05-10-2015, 08:00 PM
There is a fair few Lancashire Hibs lads that travel up to games, I have travelled with a couple of them :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2015, 08:00 PM
I recall seeing it mentioned in a recent thread about attending the Aberdeen game.

Ah okay must have missed that.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2015, 08:03 PM
There is a fair few Lancashire Hibs lads that travel up to games, I have travelled with a couple of them :thumbsup:. I know of lads that travel from Wigan,Lancashire as such but have never heard of an actual NW club mentioned so less of your stupid comments.

HH81
05-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Excuse me no need. I know of lads that travel from Wigan,Lancashire as such but have never heard of an actual NW club mentioned so less of your stupid comments.

I don't think it was stupid and I think you knew what he meant. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't think it was stupid and I think you knew what he meant. :aok:

Are you thick? No I did not or I wouldn't have asked the question. A few lads meeting through here on a train is what I know of, the term NW club I did not hence the question!

BroxburnHibee
05-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Are you thick? No I did not or I wouldn't have asked the question. A few lads meeting through here on a train is what I know of, the term NW club I did not hence the question!

Any chance you can tone it down a bit?

HH81
05-10-2015, 08:19 PM
There is even a few from Yorkshire but I don't know of many that go to games.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Any chance you can tone it down a bit?

What? He calls me an arse,I respond and you ask me to tone it down a bit!

It's over now.

Ronniekirk
05-10-2015, 08:46 PM
There is even a few from Yorkshire but I don't know of many that go to games.

What ,they call themselves Hibs fans but don't go to games ,we have enough of them already :rolleyes::confused:

the pie eater
07-10-2015, 12:00 AM
There is a fair few Lancashire Hibs lads that travel up to games, I have travelled with a couple of them :thumbsup:

Not so many now. Most have given up. Must admit I had myself. Attended a few games last season and was being entertained again.So this season I've attended all sat home games and was at Qos on Sat. Been entertained most games so far.Got all my trains booked upto just before xmas.Book early for the best prices £22 dy returns. I know Matt fi leigh attends when he can and Dave and the Darwin one have also attended. Bumped into the fernies before one game also. The others for now have totally lost interest. Think Blackpool is content on sat posting wind up's. LANCASHIRE HIBS SUPPORTERS WERE ARE YOU? Remember the fun we had traveling up by bus, car and train. Cum on the mighty Hibs are on our way back. Stubbs has got us playing some good stuff. Get along to ER and let the Hibees entertain you.

monktonharp
07-10-2015, 12:49 AM

It's over now.:confused: where is the bit about him calling you that? there was a Lancashire bus running a few years back .

HH81
07-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Not so many now. Most have given up. Must admit I had myself. Attended a few games last season and was being entertained again.So this season I've attended all sat home games and was at Qos on Sat. Been entertained most games so far.Got all my trains booked upto just before xmas.Book early for the best prices £22 dy returns. I know Matt fi leigh attends when he can and Dave and the Darwin one have also attended. Bumped into the fernies before one game also. The others for now have totally lost interest. Think Blackpool is content on sat posting wind up's. LANCASHIRE HIBS SUPPORTERS WERE ARE YOU? Remember the fun we had traveling up by bus, car and train. Cum on the mighty Hibs are on our way back. Stubbs has got us playing some good stuff. Get along to ER and let the Hibees entertain you.

I seen you at queens from a distance but was with my nephew so didn't pop into the pub. I might join you on a couple of the trains if you send me details of times etc..

the pie eater
07-10-2015, 10:39 AM
I seen you at queens from a distance but was with my nephew so didn't pop into the pub. I might join you on a couple of the trains if you send me details of times etc..

Sat 17.10.15 leave Wigan 11.38 arrive Edinb 14.16. leave Edinb 18.52. (Dwayne the Darwen 1 and son on this one)

Sat 14.11.15 leave Wigan 11.38 arrive Edinb 14.16 leave Edinb 18.52.

Sat 12.12.15 leave Wigan 11.38 arrive Edinb 14.16 leave Edinb 18.52. (Dave on this one)

Sat 19.12.15 leave Wigan 09.38 arrive Edinb 12.22 leave Edinb 18.52.

when I booked I got each trip for £22 return.

Think Mat is on one of these on the way back as he is going up on a Frid.

Hope to see you soon.:flag:

worcesterhibby
07-10-2015, 10:52 AM
I've often thought there might be a decent take up for an "Exiled Hibees" club of some sort, but then I try to work out quite what it would do and what the benefits of joining would be and I'm not sure how it would work.

Has the OP got any suggestions as to what an Anglo or exiled Hibs group would actually do ?

LancsHibs
07-10-2015, 12:30 PM

Saw you on Saturday in Dumfries Bob. We were in the Cavern Arms just before the bridge, was gonna run out and shout you but our scoff had just arrived😉 Keeping the Lancashire Hibs supporters flag flying!!

jgl07
07-10-2015, 12:34 PM

It's over now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIsTKpAoE4

HH81
07-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Sat 17.10.15 leave Wigan 11.38 arrive Edinb 14.16. leave Edinb 18.52. (Dwayne the Darwen 1 and son on this one)

Sat 14.11.15 leave Wigan 11.38 arrive Edinb 14.16 leave Edinb 18.52.

Sat 12.12.15 leave Wigan 11.38 arrive Edinb 14.16 leave Edinb 18.52. (Dave on this one)

Sat 19.12.15 leave Wigan 09.38 arrive Edinb 12.22 leave Edinb 18.52.

when I booked I got each trip for £22 return.

Think Mat is on one of these on the way back as he is going up on a Frid.

Hope to see you soon.:flag:

:thumbsup::flag:

Bristolhibby
07-10-2015, 05:10 PM
I've often thought there might be a decent take up for an "Exiled Hibees" club of some sort, but then I try to work out quite what it would do and what the benefits of joining would be and I'm not sure how it would work.

Has the OP got any suggestions as to what an Anglo or exiled Hibs group would actually do ?

At best what I've come up with in the past is like minded individuals from the same geographical area meeting up and watching games on telly. Easier in the past when it wasn't just a couple of games a season in the telly.

What usually scuppers it is bloody EPL being on at the same time. If that's the case you need a pub with two feeds.

That said, an Anglo board/thread may work meaning we can keep in touch and organise meets to watch the games.

Truth be telt used to do it in the past when I was young free and lived in the city. But more difficult now I'm married with two kids and live in a sleepy Wiltshire market town.

J

Cheshire Hibby
07-10-2015, 08:57 PM

I was trying to gauge if there was demand for a club in the south outside of London. Hadn't really thought anymore about what such a club might actually do outside of trying to organises match day trips of supporters. The geographical spread is challenging of course but it seems to me that there is a mini bus load of us heading up fairly regularly. I for one tend to drive but would go by train or mini bus if it could be organised. Lancashire Hibs seems to have the right idea by booking trains early. I am not that organised!!!

If anyone is interested, I am happy to get advice about how to set up a Supporters Club from HFC and other affiliated clubs.

LancashireHibby
09-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Miles better on the train. Even when it's not pre-organised you always seem to bump in to familiar faces, especially on the 18:52 away from Waverley after a game. Including a couple of members of our coaching staff last season! Decent contingent of us outside The Office before the Alloa game early this season.

I did drive to Dumfries on Saturday, but obviously that's a much quicker drive compared to ER.

Next game for me is against Livingston on 14th Nov but As the pie munching one posted above I'm going up with the Mrs and my lad the night before.

Cheshire Hibby
09-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Probable Next trips Rangers on 1st Nov & Dundee Utd on 4th Nov. driving up probably.

HH81
09-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Who you drive up with Cheshire?

LancashireHibby
09-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Had forgotten the Dundee Utd game if I can get the afternoon off work, was considering driving up for that. Whereabouts in Cheshire are you?

LancsHibs
09-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Had forgotten the Dundee Utd game if I can get the afternoon off work, was considering driving up for that. Whereabouts in Cheshire are you?

My guess is Stockport:greengrin

LancashireHibby
09-10-2015, 10:57 PM
My guess is Stockport:greengrin

I've been reading on the mobile version while on holiday and it doesn't show locations, so get stuffed :
:greengrin

Dos cervezas and a grumpy Mrs por favor!

Cheshire Hibby
10-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Who you drive up with Cheshire?

HH81, Lançashire Hibby, Lancs Hibs - Depends, for the Rangers game possibly go up with my better half and stay the weekend at parents. For the DU game, I'll be leaving around 1.30/2.00pm from Warrington and back down straight after. Let me know if you intend to go and happy to go together.

LancsHibs
10-10-2015, 04:42 PM
HH81, Lançashire Hibby, Lancs Hibs - Depends, for the Rangers game possibly go up with my better half and stay the weekend at parents. For the DU game, I'll be leaving around 1.30/2.00pm from Warrington and back down straight after. Let me know if you intend to go and happy to go together.

I will be at the Dundee United game mate but will be up in Scotland all week

Cheshire Hibby
10-10-2015, 04:54 PM
I will be at the Dundee United game mate but will be up in Scotland all week

No problem. Enjoy the game.

worcesterhibby
10-10-2015, 07:08 PM
I rarely get up more than twice a season these days and when I do it's far cheaper to fly than get the train..train is about £90 from Worcester, but i can fly from b'ham for around £56 if I book in advance.

HH81
10-10-2015, 08:27 PM

Will check at work and let you know.