PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Hibs - Answered last weeks criticism in style

Libby Hibby
04-10-2015, 04:53 AM
We all wanted 3 points, we got the 3 points...we all wanted more goals, we got more goals...we all wanted a good performance, we got a good performance!!

Well done Hibs, a good game for us after the international break too, long may this unbeaten run continue.

Oh, and well done Stubbs, you answered your quick typing critics well after yesterday's result.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
04-10-2015, 06:41 AM
We all wanted 3 points, we got the 3 points...we all wanted more goals, we got more goals...we all wanted a good performance, we got a good performance!!

Well done Hibs, a good game for us after the international break too, long may this unbeaten run continue.

Oh, and well done Stubbs, you answered your quick typing critics well after yesterday's result.

GGTTH

Only promotion can really do that.
Especially as it looks like Dundee Utd have a full year to prepare for the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
04-10-2015, 06:54 AM

GGTTH

Agree with the sentiment.

Winning games more comfortably is what everyone's after so well done to everyone.

The reason Stubbs has been criticised though is due to the amount of daft points we drop. Still a bit time to go until he proves his critics wrong on that front.

marinello59
04-10-2015, 06:55 AM
Only promotion can really do that.
Especially as it looks like Dundee Utd have a full year to prepare for the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really can't help yourself can you? I am willing to bet you are nowhere near this miserable in real life.:greengrin

The team did answer last weeks criticism. Yesterday was a good day out and a decent win. We all know there are tough times ahead but sometimes it is nice to simply relax and enjoy the moment. Well done Hibs.

Sammy7nil
04-10-2015, 07:28 AM
You really can't help yourself can you? I am willing to bet you are nowhere near this miserable in real life.:greengrin

The team did answer last weeks criticism. Yesterday was a good day out and a decent win. We all know there are tough times ahead but sometimes it is nice to simply relax and enjoy the moment. Well done Hibs.

I am miserable in real life :greengrin this the reason we are where we are because Hibs accept the good with the bad we must aim to win and win well every week

Ronniekirk
04-10-2015, 07:57 AM

GGTTH
Can't argue with that ,more of the same in the next few games is just what's needed to get us up into second , Dumarton at home next ,and we will be looking to win that ,then Falkirk away which would be good to win given our record against them last season .Then Rangers at home and a chance to cut that gap and really consolidate second place and put a bit of pressure on them

S4uzee
04-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Can't argue with that ,more of the same in the next few games is just what's needed to get us up into second , Dumarton at home next ,and we will be looking to win that ,then Falkirk away which would be good to win given our record against them last season .Then Rangers at home and a chance to cut that gap and really consolidate second place and put a bit of pressure on them

Raith away in between Falkirk and Rangers. Plus St. Mirren away after Rangers, a tough run of fixtures coming up

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Crtitcs will be answered when the top tier fixtures are published for next season and we are involved.

Forza Fred
04-10-2015, 09:27 AM
I am miserable in real life :greengrin this the reason we are where we are because Hibs accept the good with the bad we must aim to win and win well every week

I reckon I'm a sad old miserable ******* BECAUSE of supporting Hibs all my life.

If only my first purchase of a Hibs scarf had come with a health warning.....:greengrin

legends of 73
04-10-2015, 09:37 AM

I can clarify that he is this miserable in real life:greengrin:greengrin

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Clean sheet, 3 goals and 2 up by half time. Happy days.

Would've been nice to get the less experienced players on for a wee bit, but that's nit picking

Borderhibbie76
04-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Clean sheet, 3 goals and 2 up by half time. Happy days.

Would've been nice to get the less experienced players on for a wee bit, but that's nit picking

You certainly are nit picking, I was there and we were still only 2 nil up till 89th min..why would Stubbsy experiment when had we lost a goal, we would have been under pressure?

find that a needless comment on a positive thread

--------
05-10-2015, 05:46 PM

Sure - that has to be the aim. But realistically, that isn't going to happen, and a lot of people on this board are a bit too quick to go after individuals when we don't 'win well'. Personally, if Hibs were to win all their remaining games 1-0 by the skin of their teeth I'd be happy - a nervous wreck, OK, but a happy one. A fair number of the teams in this league are more than decent, and winning 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 is good enough for a promotion campaign. But there will be times when we're held to a draw, and others when we just don't spark and end up being beaten, and unfortunately those are the times when Hibs 'supporters' tend to turn on 'their' team and start hunting scapegoats.

It's aye been this way in my time and I'm guessing it aye will be. :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
05-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Raith away in between Falkirk and Rangers. Plus St. Mirren away after Rangers, a tough run of fixtures coming up

Mmmn didn't realise we had Raith away in between Falkirk and Rangers and we must have united in the cup in there as well so players out injured coming back at just the right time :wink: will keep the positive spin on things but agree it will test us .

B.H.F.C
05-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Crtitcs will be answered when the top tier fixtures are published for next season and we are involved.

Yep, I totally agree.

Good result though at what is one of the tougher away grounds. 3 good goals and another clean sheet even with a change in defence.

drummondst
05-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Great day out from down south ( Leamington Spa ) to see the Hibees win away !!
Very foggy all the way by train, but the sun came out once in Scotland. Good
early goals put us in control of the match if but a wee bit tippy-tappy. A solid
professional performance with a few tricks & close control from Malonga.
Many thanks to the West of Scotland Hibees boys who made me feel welcome
in The Globe & for the badge - it is an honour gentlemen I shall wear with pride.
Thank you.
Looking forward to a trip to Easter Rd later in the season - a 660 mile
round trip for me.
drummondst
( where our family for several generations lived for over 100 years)

Iggy Pope
05-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Great day out from down south ( Leamington Spa ) to see the Hibees win away !!
Very foggy all the way by train, but the sun came out once in Scotland. Good
early goals put us in control of the match if but a wee bit tippy-tappy. A solid
professional performance with a few tricks & close control from Malonga.
Many thanks to the West of Scotland Hibees boys who made me feel welcome
in The Globe & for the badge - it is an honour gentlemen I shall wear with pride.
Thank you.
Looking forward to a trip to Easter Rd later in the season - a 660 mile
round trip for me.
drummondst
( where our family for several generations lived for over 100 years)

Nice post and somewhat unrelated, but I went to Primary school in Drummond Street, St Pat's. And give my regards to Leamington Hibs!

majorhibs
05-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Sure - that has to be the aim. But realistically, that isn't going to happen, and a lot of people on this board are a bit too quick to go after individuals when we don't 'win well'. Personally, if Hibs were to win all their remaining games 1-0 by the skin of their teeth I'd be happy - a nervous wreck, OK, but a happy one. A fair number of the teams in this league are more than decent, and winning 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 3-1 is good enough for a promotion campaign. But there will be times when we're held to a draw, and others when we just don't spark and end up being beaten, and unfortunately those are the times when Hibs 'supporters' tend to turn on 'their' team and start hunting scapegoats.

It's aye been this way in my time and I'm guessing it aye will be. :rolleyes:

Just remember our previous seasons trying to get promoted. Nobody wants to be here. But when you are, the team that gets promoted is the team that does NOT drop points. Just like before. Right now, too many points dropped, no?