PDA

View Full Version : MOTD-gate

Pages : [1] 2

sambajustice
03-10-2015, 10:03 PM
This scandal is truly one of the most hilarious and ludicrous things to happen on here in long time. Deserves a thread of its own! I can't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it all made even funnier by the match days threads being locked!

Great craic!

Ozyhibby
03-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Whether the scores are known or not, MOTD is ruined for me now. Forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Whether the scores are known or not, MOTD is ruined for me now. Forever.

:agree:

I'm going to petition that the BBC show MOTD before the games kick off so that I can't have it spoiled

matty_f
03-10-2015, 10:21 PM
3-0 Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
03-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Just needed a little respect.

Ronniekirk
03-10-2015, 10:36 PM

Try Aretha

tamig
03-10-2015, 10:43 PM
This scandal is truly one of the most hilarious and ludicrous things to happen on here in long time. Deserves a thread of its own! I can't stop laughing at the ridiculousness of it all made even funnier by the match days threads being locked!

Great craic!

And the "Matchday thread closed" thread locked too. I was waiting for a "Matchday thread closed thread locked" thread starting up.

tamig
03-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Try Aretha

I preferred Erasure's.

Lago
03-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Love it along with the hibs score made my day. Talking of MOTHD just watched Sunderland and was amazed by Fletcher's beard, looked like he was trying for a part in Grizzaly Adams, sure that beard has a life of its own.:greengrin

Ozyhibby
03-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Match day thread was not even closed when we got relegated. That's how serious this is.

Ronniekirk
03-10-2015, 11:02 PM
I preferred Erasure's.

gave that one a rubber ear

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Match day thread was not even closed when we got relegated. That's how serious this is.

We got relegated?

Why would you spoil that for me?

Ozyhibby
03-10-2015, 11:27 PM
We got relegated?

Lol.

pedroorange1875
04-10-2015, 12:26 AM
D. Oduro just scored, makes it 1-1, equaliser for Montreal against Orlando

Speedy
04-10-2015, 12:48 AM
I know MOTD was on earlier but I'm just watching it on catch up now...:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 01:06 AM
I'm pretty disappointed that on a subject that for me at least was relatively important a number of my fellow Hibs fans felt that my annoyance at having MotD spoiled for me was worthy of nothing more than derision and piss taking, with no attempt to have a bit of empathy for what in my opinion wasn't an unreasonable request.

I cant afford to follow Hibs away and quite frankly even if I could I doubt my football hating partner would be very happy about it. With Forth2 dropping their Hibs coverage the match thread on here is the best and most enjoyable way for me to keep up with the away games. Is it too much to ask that the meagre TV pickings left to folk like me who cant afford SKY and BT sports ( or Hibs TV ) don't get further diluted by the scores being given away on the one thread I cant and shouldn't have to avoid. I'm not asking folk not to post scores from our league or even the Scottish premiership on the thread .... just not the EPL scores.

A few months ago the admins on here were pretty quick to hand me a yellow card after for the first time in nearly 8 years of posting I was provoked into a personal insult ..... given that there is a thread dedicated to people who want to discuss the days "other games" I find it a bit strange that the admins haven't been a bit more supportive of myself and the folk who share my point of view on this.

Speedy
04-10-2015, 01:24 AM
I'm pretty disappointed that on a subject that for me at least was relatively important a number of my fellow Hibs fans felt that my annoyance at having MotD spoiled for me was worthy of nothing more than derision and piss taking, with no attempt to have a bit of empathy for what in my opinion wasn't an unreasonable request.

I cant afford to follow Hibs away and quite frankly even if I could I doubt my football hating partner would be very happy about it. With Forth2 dropping their Hibs coverage the match thread on here is the best and most enjoyable way for me to keep up with the away games. Is it too much to ask that the meagre TV pickings left to folk like me who cant afford SKY and BT sports ( or Hibs TV ) don't get further diluted by the scores being given away on the one thread I cant and shouldn't have to avoid. I'm not asking folk not to post scores from our league or even the Scottish premiership on the thread .... just not the EPL scores.

A few months ago the admins on here were pretty quick to hand me a yellow card after for the first time in nearly 8 years of posting I was provoked into a personal insult ..... given that there is a thread dedicated to people who want to discuss the days "other games" I find it a bit strange that the admins haven't been a bit more supportive of myself and the folk who share my point of view on this.

I didn't read the thread at the time so I may be posting out of turn but anyway...

There's always been a bit of light piss taking on here, and in my opinion it's part of the enjoyment.

As you say though, there's another thread for 'other games' so the posts should be in there if for no other reason than to keep the match thread on topic.

WellingtonHibby
04-10-2015, 04:29 AM

Oh baby refraiiiiiiiiiiiin, from breaking ma he-ahh-art...

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 06:23 AM
I try to avoid MOTD at all costs ......spoils the Sunday papers for me ![emoji102]

Dav1986
04-10-2015, 06:31 AM
I was working yesterday and can't be bothered searching through all the other threads.... what us this all about?

lyonhibs
04-10-2015, 07:04 AM

Errrr what happened?

easty
04-10-2015, 07:09 AM
I was working yesterday and can't be bothered searching through all the other threads.... what us this all about?

The first rule about match day threads. You don't talk about the scores in other games.

The second rule about match day threads. YOU DONT TALK ABOUT THE SCORES IN OTHER GAMES!

I'm_cabbaged
04-10-2015, 07:09 AM

Think you need to get some nookie 😀

Hiber-nation
04-10-2015, 07:16 AM
Errrr what happened?

That's what I'm wondering. It'll no doubt be an ongoing in-joke that folk who don't spend their Saturday afternoons glued to Hibs.net will kept in the dark from.

Murray on for Miller....

marinello59
04-10-2015, 07:23 AM
We got relegated?

:faf:
:top marks

Hibby Bairn
04-10-2015, 07:30 AM
I just can't understand how you can avoid seeing scores on a Saturday. There is media everywhere. How can you avoid it?

On a related matter BBC News last weekend gave it the old "if you don't want to know the result" guff when reporting on the Japanese Grand Prix. The usual 3 second warning was however spoiled by the image behind the presenter of Lewis Hamilton on the podium spraying champagne :)

I have some sympathy. But my gut reaction is "get a life" I'm afraid.

I'm_cabbaged
04-10-2015, 07:35 AM
That's what I'm wondering. It'll no doubt be an ongoing in-joke that folk who don't spend their Saturday afternoons glued to Hibs.net will kept in the dark from.

Murray on for Miller....

I'm waiting on the fans getting home.

jacomo
04-10-2015, 07:53 AM
I just can't understand how you can avoid seeing scores on a Saturday. There is media everywhere. How can you avoid it?

On a related matter BBC News last weekend gave it the old "if you don't want to know the result" guff when reporting on the Japanese Grand Prix. The usual 3 second warning was however spoiled by the image behind the presenter of Lewis Hamilton on the podium spraying champagne :)

I have some sympathy. But my gut reaction is "get a life" I'm afraid.

I think it's now impossible to watch highlights of an F1 race without being informed of the result beforehand. A shame, because a 10 minutes highlights package is usually all an F1 race is worth.

Likewise, I have neither the time nor inclination to watch EPL football matches on Saturday but sometimes enjoy MOTD without knowing the results.

Why take that choice away from people?

easty
04-10-2015, 07:58 AM
I think it's now impossible to watch highlights of an F1 race without being informed of the result beforehand. A shame, because a 10 minutes highlights package is usually all an F1 race is worth.

Likewise, I have neither the time nor inclination to watch EPL football matches on Saturday but sometimes enjoy MOTD without knowing the results.

Its possible to watch MOTD even when you know the scores. I do it all the time.

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 08:01 AM

People can make their own choice...but what is wrong with a football thread occasionally chatting about interesting scores across the country - are we really going to police that now? This is a Hibs and a football forum....why should everyone else have t pander to a few who don;t want the scores...

people should not have to go to another thread to make a comment - chatting on the same thread is part of the fun if you are not at the game..

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
People can make their own choice...but what is wrong with a football thread occasionally chatting about interesting scores across the country - are we really going to police that now? This is a Hibs and a football forum....why should everyone else have t pander to a few who don;t want the scores...

people should not have to go to another thread to make a comment - chatting on the same thread is part of the fun if you are not at the game..

This the 1st thread I've read since yesterday so I don't know how the others went... But I have an idea.

Re a bit of the above, conversely, if there's a thread for other games why not post about other games on it? :confused:

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 08:27 AM
This the 1st thread I've read since yesterday so I don't know how the others went... But I have an idea.

Re a bit of the above, conversely, if there's a thread for other games why not post about other games on it? :confused:

you have summarised the whole topic in one post...

me, I think it's poor that people can't chat on the same thread, because a few want their fingers in their ears about other scores.....

Scottie
04-10-2015, 08:42 AM
you have summarised the whole topic in one post...

me, I think it's poor that people can't chat on the same thread, because a few want their fingers in their ears about other scores.....
If that's the case then just have 1 match day thread. :rolleyes:

If people can't be arsed to post on the right thread there's not much any of us can do about it.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 08:48 AM
I have to say that I find it sad that folk would purposefully do something that others are asking them not to, just so that they can save a few seconds by not changing thread.

It doesn't matter to me that it might seem a trivial thing, but it's easy for us to stick the other scores on a thread for other scores, leaving the match update thread for match updates.

I genuinely can't understand why folk would be unwilling to help folk out.

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 08:49 AM
If that's the case then just have 1 match day thread. :rolleyes:

If people can't be arsed to post on the right thread there's not much any of us can do about it.

a football forum where people have to go to another thread to chat about what happening around the grounds on match days...how very structured..... yawn

makes me delighted that I'm usually at the match...

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Just been reading one of the other related (and closed) threads, someone mentioned that if you wanted to get just match updates just go and start a thread about it.... Was coming on here to say that is EXACTLY why we have a match updates thread.... It's even flagged in blue and stuff.....

Then I noticed yesterday's thread was never actually posted up with the *match updates * flag !!!

that makes this whole discussion a lot of hot air as it wasn't technically the "real" match day thread.... We never had one yesterday....... PETRIE! :grr:

:devil:

marinello59
04-10-2015, 08:57 AM
a football forum where people have to go to another thread to chat about what happening around the grounds on match days...how very structured..... yawn

I don't rely on the match day thread either, so it makes little difference to you or me.
But for some fans, like those overseas etc, they rely on it for up to the minute updates from the Hibs game. That was the idea behind keeping it uncluttered on match day which seems fair enough. I think .

My_Wife_Camille
04-10-2015, 09:00 AM
What a hilarious mess.

Scottie
04-10-2015, 09:02 AM

I don't rely on the match day thread either, so it makes little difference to you or me.
But for some fans, like those overseas etc, they rely on it for up to the minute updates from the Hibs game. That was the idea behind keeping it uncluttered on match day which seems fair enough. I think .
Marinello spot on. :aok:

MSK
04-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Just been reading one of the other related (and closed) threads, someone mentioned that if you wanted to get just match updates just go and start a thread about it.... Was coming on here to say that is EXACTLY why we have a match updates thread.... It's even flagged in blue and stuff.....

Then I noticed yesterday's thread was never actually posted up with the *match updates * flag !!!

that makes this whole discussion a lot of hot air as it wasn't technically the "real" match day thread.... We never had one yesterday....... PETRIE! :grr:

:devil:There were two threads, one started by Billy Whizz and the match update thread started by Silver, I locked Silvers thread with the intention of re-opening it at 2.00, unfortunately I was tied up (not literally 😃) and had no access to unlock it. Billy's thread then became main update thread, minus sub heading.

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 09:05 AM

My last point on this topic, as these niggly "argumentative" type topics are my least favourite on .Net.

I have some sympathy with the point you raise - that wasn't really the issue of yesterday by and large - there was very little chat about other games - it was triggered by a few people (two or three if I recall correctly) not wanting to know other scores - to me that's a "get a life" type of position to take on a football match day thread. To have such a very tight structure of what you can or can't chat about on these types of threads - seems not the spirit of a football forum. If there was so much about other games which ruined the flow about Hibs updates - then of course that would be a great point to ask for more discipline about.

anyway, made my points clear...going to bow out now - got Glastonbury tickets - so much to be chirpy about :)

marinello59
04-10-2015, 09:05 AM
There were two threads, one started by Billy Whizz and the match update thread started by Silver, I locked Silvers thread with the intention of re-opening it at 2.00, unfortunately I was tied up (not literally ) and had no access to unlock it. Billy's thread then became main update thread, minus sub heading.

So its all your fault?
You *******! :greengrin

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 09:07 AM
My last point on this topic, as these niggly "argumentative" type topics are my least favourite on .Net.

I have some sympathy with the point you raise - that wasn't really the issue of yesterday by and large - there was very little chat about other games - it was triggered by a few people (two or three if I recall correctly) not wanting to know other scores - to me that's a "get a life" type of position to take on a football match day thread. To have such a very tight structure of what you can or can't chat about on these types of threads - seems not the spirit of a football forum. If there was so much about other games which ruined the flow about Hibs updates - then of course that would be a great point to ask for more discipline about.

anyway, made my points clear...going to bow out now - got Glastonbury tickets - so much to be chirpy about :)

10/10

MSK
04-10-2015, 09:13 AM
So its all your fault?
You *******! :greengrinOopsy 😄

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Oopsy 

PETRIE! >>>>>. HAPPYHIBBIE! :grr:

sambajustice
04-10-2015, 09:21 AM
To me the match day thread is about 90%+ Hibs with the odd "XXXX score is..." or "XXXX have scored again" or whatever, just small comments on other games which i don't think its unacceptable at all.

A post somewhere on some thread, kind of summed up how ridiculous this is... "are you going to ask the stadium announcer not to read out the scores at half time and full time just because you want to go home and watch match of the day"???

sleeping giant
04-10-2015, 09:26 AM
I would prefer to let threads evolve on their own tangents.
I also think threads get closed far too easily.

Mon the Hibs though :greengrin

Andy74
04-10-2015, 09:45 AM
If folk are really bothered just open up Hibs Twitter and refresh it. The match threads are for a bit of chat too. To limit it to just Hibs updates to pander to a few who are going to have to go to great lengths for the rest of their day anyway to avoid the scores is over the top.

As menit one earlier have folk raised this with the Hibs announcer?

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:02 AM
If folk are really bothered just open up Hibs Twitter and refresh it. The match threads are for a bit of chat too. To limit it to just Hibs updates to pander to a few who are going to have to go to great lengths for the rest of their day anyway to avoid the scores is over the top.

As me ruined a ice have folk raised this with the Hibs announcer?

Or we could just think "I know folk are wanting to avoid this, so I'll not post it here, there's another thread I can stick it on." and do someone a favour? :dunno:

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
To me the match day thread is about 90%+ Hibs with the odd "XXXX score is..." or "XXXX have scored again" or whatever, just small comments on other games which i don't think its unacceptable at all.

A post somewhere on some thread, kind of summed up how ridiculous this is... "are you going to ask the stadium announcer not to read out the scores at half time and full time just because you want to go home and watch match of the day"???

So you know the match announcer at the football is going to read out the scores. If you're in the West Upper it makes no odds because you can't make out anything he says anyway :greengrin.

For me, as ridiculous as it is, if you know for certain that it annoys someone and that they're purposefully trying to avoid the score, what does it say about you as a person (not you specifically, I should add) that you'd post it anyway.

tamig
04-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I have to say that I find it sad that folk would purposefully do something that others are asking them not to, just so that they can save a few seconds by not changing thread.

It doesn't matter to me that it might seem a trivial thing, but it's easy for us to stick the other scores on a thread for other scores, leaving the match update thread for match updates.

Speaking for myself, I tend to stay on the matchday thread and constantly refresh it for updates - if I'm not at the game. I find it useful getting updates on other games in that one place - rather than jumping about different threads to get news on other games. That may sound selfish but it appears to have worked well without any controversy until yesterday. I'd imagine there will be quite a few posters who share my behaviour.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Menit one or ruined ice... this is going well, eh??:faf:

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Speaking for myself, I tend to stay on the matchday thread and constantly refresh it for updates - if I'm not at the game. I find it useful getting updates on other games in that one place - rather than jumping about different threads to get news on other games. That may sound selfish but it appears to have worked well without any controversy until yesterday. I'd imagine there will be quite a few posters who share my behaviour.

I do tons of stuff that must bug the living daylights out of folk, but once they make me aware that they don't like it, I'll stop doing it if I can.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Or we could just think "I know folk are wanting to avoid this, so I'll not post it here, there's another thread I can stick it on." and do someone a favour? :dunno:

I'm sure some people will be fine with that. For others that's a bit of a hassle and why would you jump from thread to thread to make a comment on football scores? There's lots of things we could do to do others a afavour and I'm certain a lot of us have preferences on lots of things but we don't expect everyone to bend to them if they are way out of step with normal behaviours these days.

These guys have to avoid just about everything football related on a Saturday for this to work for them. Surely it's them that have to work round it? The rest of us like a chat about things as they are happening.

They could start their own Match of the Day friendly thread and see how the updates work for them on that?

Andy74
04-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Menit one or ruined ice... this is going well, eh??:faf:

Damned iPad!

marinello59
04-10-2015, 10:13 AM

They could but maybe people like getting stuff direct from the ground from their fellow fans, maybe it gives a wee bit more of a connection.
I'd agree it is impossible to keep all mention of other scores from the match day thread set up specifically for the Hibs game, they are going to slip out in general chat. But is it really asking too much for us all to keep it sensible? I include myself in that. :greengrin

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm sure some people will be fine with that. For others that's a bit of a hassle and why would you jump from thread to thread to make a comment on football scores? There's lots of things we could do to do others a afavour and I'm certain a lot of us have preferences on lots of things but we don't expect everyone to bend to them if they are way out of step with normal behaviours these days.

These guys have to avoid just about everything football related on a Saturday for this to work for them. Surely it's them that have to work round it? The rest of us like a chat about things as they are happening.

They could start their own Match of the Day friendly thread and see how the updates work for them on that?

They could start their own thread, they might need to and I'm sure that's a reasonable suggestion to get a workaround. I think you'd be surprised at how many people still avoid the scores ahead of Match of the Day, though - and it's not as difficult as you'd think. If I'm at the game and don't pay attention to the announcer (easy, because I can't make it out anyway), I can be blissfully unaware of the English games results by the time MotD starts, which I invariably sleep through anyway. :greengrin

It's nice to be nice though, eh?

bingo70
04-10-2015, 10:16 AM
They could start their own thread, they might need to and I'm sure that's a reasonable suggestion to get a workaround. I think you'd be surprised at how many people still avoid the scores ahead of Match of the Day, though - and it's not as difficult as you'd think. If I'm at the game and don't pay attention to the announcer (easy, because I can't make it out anyway), I can be blissfully unaware of the English games results by the time MotD starts, which I invariably sleep through anyway. :greengrin

Admin prick

sambajustice
04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
So you know the match announcer at the football is going to read out the scores. If you're in the West Upper it makes no odds because you can't make out anything he says anyway :greengrin.

For me, as ridiculous as it is, if you know for certain that it annoys someone and that they're purposefully trying to avoid the score, what does it say about you as a person (not you specifically, I should add) that you'd post it anyway.

But loads of folk say loads of things that will annoy people and they know it, especially on this forum but they say it anyway. I do get what you mean, why do something to deliberately annoy someone but its not a case of that, its a case of people are having a chat and other scores come into the conversation. People aren't thinking "i'll post the scores to P such and such off"

But where does it stop? Its a stick on that after every game, win lose or draw someone will come on and say "Lewis Stevenson is gash", whoever posts it knows its going to annoy someone else so why are they posting it? Is it going to be the case that every thread where someone disagrees with someone else more than once will be closed because they are "deliberately trying to annoy" the other person?

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Admin prick

:na na:

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 10:21 AM
I can't believe the carnage a bit of fun has caused yesterday, like others i just follow the matchday thread and enjoy it when others put the odd score in from other games, English and Scottish ones.

And it appears only one person was banned for trolling, for having the temerity to post the score of a game in England in a non matchday thread.

Most threads go off their original subject, and trolling a word i find hilarious goes on in almost every thread. I don't even think i or most who post on here even know what it means.

It's no wonder i do not post much on here these days.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 10:21 AM
They could but maybe people like getting stuff direct from the ground from their fellow fans, maybe it gives a wee bit more of a connection.
I'd agree it is impossible to keep all mention of other scores from the match day thread set up specifically for the Hibs game, they are going to slip out in general chat. But is it really asking too much for us all to keep it sensible? I include myself in that. :greengrin

Well that's the way it goes eh? If you want to share football chat but blank out specific scores then that's a thing that hasn't been likely to work since the 1980s.

There was actually minimal chat on other games yesterday and I only ever really mention games relating to us but it was the chat about people being ignorant and arrogant that got me. It's just normal Saturday football chat. To me the arrogance is in expecting that everyone else amends their behaviour to suit a personal preference that you have.

I enjoy Match of the Day as much as the next man but I can enjoy it already knowing the scores. What I do find works is having a bottle of wine first. Then you forget what they were anyway. Everyone's a winner.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:25 AM
But loads of folk say loads of things that will annoy people and they know it, especially on this forum but they say it anyway. I do get what you mean, why do something to deliberately annoy someone but its not a case of that, its a case of people are having a chat and other scores come into the conversation. People aren't thinking "i'll post the scores to P such and such off"

But where does it stop? Its a stick on that after every game, win lose or draw someone will come on and say "Lewis Stevenson is gash", whoever posts it knows its going to annoy someone else so why are they posting it? Is it going to be the case that every thread where someone disagrees with someone else more than once will be closed because they are "deliberately trying to annoy" the other person?

I think there's a difference between posting opinions - to which we would expect and encourage debate and disagreements - and posting specific bits of information that we know, for certain, that people are looking to avoid, on a thread which someone is asking to keep just for match updates.

People are thinking "I'll post the scores to p such and such off", two people did it yesterday on the thread started by the guy that wanted to avoid the scores.

I generally stick Soccer Saturday on if I'm not at the game, so it's not even an issue for me, I just think it's weird that someone's making a legitimate request for folk to keep a thread clear of other scores and folk are completely unwilling to help the guy out.

There is generally an 'Other Games' thread on the go, so it's not unreasonable to think that if you only wanted the Hibs game, you'd be safe enough reading our match updates thread.

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 10:28 AM
It can be frustrating. Last year I was watching our game (can't remember which) which overlapped man u v Liverpool which I wanted to watch from the start. Of course someone put the score on the match day thread for our game rendering my avoidance of it pointless.

But, if you really don't want to know the scores then don't look. You know they're likely to be on there. They always have been

Andy74
04-10-2015, 10:38 AM
It can be frustrating. Last year I was watching our game (can't remember which) which overlapped man u v Liverpool which I wanted to watch from the start. Of course someone put the score on the match day thread for our game rendering my avoidance of it pointless.

But, if you really don't want to know the scores then don't look. You know they're likely to be on there. They always have been

Yeah I've done it too when taping a game but I've never thought of having a go at the person putting the score up. I've always thought it's my fault for being daft enough to to look at a Match thread when I'm avoiding a score.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Whatever happened to the likely lads springs to mind, what a lot of nonsense.

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 10:47 AM
I think there's a difference between posting opinions - to which we would expect and encourage debate and disagreements - and posting specific bits of information that we know, for certain, that people are looking to avoid, on a thread which someone is asking to keep just for match updates.

People are thinking "I'll post the scores to p such and such off", two people did it yesterday on the thread started by the guy that wanted to avoid the scores.

I generally stick Soccer Saturday on if I'm not at the game, so it's not even an issue for me, I just think it's weird that someone's making a legitimate request for folk to keep a thread clear of other scores and folk are completely unwilling to help the guy out.

There is generally an 'Other Games' thread on the go, so it's not unreasonable to think that if you only wanted the Hibs game, you'd be safe enough reading our match updates thread.

Thanks Matty ...... but its pretty obvious that this is a losing battle. Perhaps the answer is two matchday threads, one for people who don't want to see scores outwith the Championship and one for those who don't mind if folk post scores from elsewhere .... it sounds like a lot of work though so until it happens I'll do what I'm told and avoid the matchday thread :aok:

matty_f
04-10-2015, 10:51 AM

It would have been a short episode if they were Hibs fans.

The Likely Lads : We're trying to avoid the score.

Hibs.net : it was 2-0 mate.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 10:54 AM
There were two threads, one started by Billy Whizz and the match update thread started by Silver, I locked Silvers thread with the intention of re-opening it at 2.00, unfortunately I was tied up (not literally ) and had no access to unlock it. Billy's thread then became main update thread, minus sub heading.

Not good enough.It's a conspiracy.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Thanks Matty ...... but its pretty obvious that this is a losing battle. Perhaps the answer is two matchday threads, one for people who don't want to see scores outwith the Championship and one for those who don't mind if folk post scores from elsewhere .... it sounds like a lot of work though so until it happens I'll do what I'm told and avoid the matchday thread :aok:

Well sorry but we've already went from having one match day thread on a Saturday to having this weird "unofficial" thread for travel and pre match chat which sometimes overlaps the "official" thread.

What's Saturday going to be like now? The unofficial thread, the other games thread, the match day thread and the Hibs score only thread?

At the end of the day I'm sure most people use the other games thread but you're on a football forum. And to come onto a football forum and expect not to see other football scores is crazy.

So there's a new Xbox game coming out in November that I'm looking forward to. Do you think on the day it's released I'm going to go onto a forum about that game? No one posts things like that on purpose to piss people off but it's unavoidable.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 10:56 AM

Very selfish.

Monts
04-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I have to say that I followed this whole episode unfolding yesterday, and when I saw people complaining about posting the scores I immediately thought that they were taking things a bit too seriously.
But the reaction from other posters to their requests have been really disappointing. Not only are they deliberately not being cooperative, but actively taking the piss on other threads, and even starting this one.
I understand that people like to stick to one thread for the match updates, but, even if you don't agree, it is a little selfish and lazy not to post about other games in the thread for posts on other games. You could even have 2 tabs open so you didn't have to navigate away from the hibs match thread.
I don't mind knowing the scores myself as I rarely watch motd but the level of childish reaction to those that don't want to know them has been disappointing. What's that phrase that's used on here a lot? Ah yea, "not hibs class".

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 11:00 AM
It would have been a short episode if they were Hibs fans.

The Likely Lads : We're trying to avoid the score.

Hibs.net : it was 2-0 mate.

Nah, it was rained off.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Weirdo's .

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 11:02 AM

Weirdo's .

Being nice gets you nowhere.

Pwick, Admin one at that.

:greengrin

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 11:03 AM

This is exactly it... I don't get why anyone sees it as difficult to understand?

Don't get me wrong, I could get it if a related game was mentioned in passing, even the yams :-), it is a footy forum after all ......, any unrelated or ongoing chat should go to the thread that's there specifically for it, use Ispy and you don't even need to swap threads :aok:

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 11:07 AM
Well that's the way it goes eh? If you want to share football chat but blank out specific scores then that's a thing that hasn't been likely to work since the 1980s.

There was actually minimal chat on other games yesterday and I only ever really mention games relating to us but it was the chat about people being ignorant and arrogant that got me. It's just normal Saturday football chat. To me the arrogance is in expecting that everyone else amends their behaviour to suit a personal preference that you have.

I enjoy Match of the Day as much as the next man but I can enjoy it already knowing the scores. What I do find works is having a bottle of wine first. Then you forget what they were anyway. Everyone's a winner.

Apart from the losers.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Apart from the losers.

But don't mention who they were

The Green Goblin
04-10-2015, 11:09 AM

:agree: Watching MOTD without knowing the scores is something I love to do every week. It's a highlight for me and I look forward to it. And avoiding scores is pretty easy, actually. Why would people deliberately choose to ruin it for other hibees who did nothing more than make a reasonable request to keep scores to the other thread? A bit petty and not really necessary imo.

IanM
04-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Simple solution is to go on to the Hibs official Twitter page and keep an eye on the Hibs game there.

It's what I do if I'm out n about and not at the game. No spoilers, as live a commentary as you can get and still get to interact with some fans

easty
04-10-2015, 11:15 AM
But don't mention who they were

You can mention it, just no on this thread.

J-C
Can't believe the amount of posts on this and on on other threads re not posting other scores in case it upsets some poor wee souls enjoyment of MOTD FFS, some people need to get a life if things like that upsets them. What has really irked me in all this is a good regular member has been banished by the left by mutual consent option because he posted a score on the thread, presumably as a joke at the time, things have got worse on this board, enjoyable to come on here nowadays, NO.

SaulGoodman
:agree: Watching MOTD without knowing the scores is something I love to do every week. It's a highlight for me and I look forward to it. And avoiding scores is pretty easy, actually. Why would people deliberately choose to ruin it for other hibees who did nothing more than make a reasonable request to keep scores to the other thread? A bit petty and not really necessary imo.

No one deliberately chose to "ruin" anything. That's the thing.

TAHibby
04-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Minute 3, minute 41 and minute 89.

Usually miss match of the day after a hibs victory anyway as I'm still in a daze post match.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Can't believe the amount of posts on this and on on other threads re not posting other scores in case it upsets some poor wee souls enjoyment of MOTD FFS, some people need to get a life if things like that upsets them. What has really irked me in all this is a good regular member has been banished by the left by mutual consent option because he posted a score on the thread, presumably as a joke at the time, things have got worse on this board, enjoyable to come on here nowadays, NO.

A forum where you've got a checklist as long as my arm to go through before you decide to hit that submit button.

easty
04-10-2015, 11:18 AM

You can watch MOTD even when you know the scores, it's still good. In fact, there's times I might not have bothered watching, but having heard about a good result or a great goal, I'll make a point of putting it on.

I love Band of Brothers, it wasn't spoiled for me just cos I knew how it was going to end. Dinnae mean to spoil it for anyone but we win, and the Germans lose.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 11:23 AM
I have to say that I followed this whole episode unfolding yesterday, and when I saw people complaining about posting the scores I immediately thought that they were taking things a bit too seriously.
But the reaction from other posters to their requests have been really disappointing. Not only are they deliberately not being cooperative, but actively taking the piss on other threads, and even starting this one.
I understand that people like to stick to one thread for the match updates, but, even if you don't agree, it is a little selfish and lazy not to post about other games in the thread for posts on other games. You could even have 2 tabs open so you didn't have to navigate away from the hibs match thread.
I don't mind knowing the scores myself as I rarely watch motd but the level of childish reaction to those that don't want to know them has been disappointing. What's that phrase that's used on here a lot? Ah yea, "not hibs class".

I think it's posts like this that have made the issue something it didn't have to be. It's been presented as people being deliberately unhelpful or thoughtless. That's rubbish. I'm sure it would be lovely if everyone's preferences could be catered for by everyone but in reality people have to work round their own choices, not expect everyone else to look out for them.

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Well sorry but we've already went from having one match day thread on a Saturday to having this weird "unofficial" thread for travel and pre match chat which sometimes overlaps the "official" thread.

What's Saturday going to be like now? The unofficial thread, the other games thread, the match day thread and the Hibs score only thread?

At the end of the day I'm sure most people use the other games thread but you're on a football forum. And to come onto a football forum and expect not to see other football scores is crazy.

So there's a new Xbox game coming out in November that I'm looking forward to. Do you think on the day it's released I'm going to go onto a forum about that game? No one posts things like that on purpose to piss people off but it's unavoidable.

No its not ............ I can understand if people think that they should be free to post EPL scores on the Hibs matchday thread and that people who want to miss scores from the EPL should stay off their thread, but putting scores up from these games isn't "unavoidable" unless you are totally brainless.

Monts
04-10-2015, 11:29 AM
I think it's posts like this that have made the issue something it didn't have to be. It's been presented as people being deliberately unhelpful or thoughtless. That's rubbish. I'm sure it would be lovely if everyone's preferences could be catered for by everyone but in reality people have to work round their own choices, not expect everyone else to look out for them.

You obviously don't think you are being deliberately unhelpful, but you are. You seem to have taken a stubborn stance of 'I'm not changing my ways' and saying it shouldn't be expected, but it's not unreasonable to expect people to post about a specific topic in a thread especially for that specific topic.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:32 AM
No its not ............ I can understand if people think that they should be free to post EPL scores on the Hibs matchday thread and that people who want to miss scores from the EPL should stay off their thread, but putting scores up from these games isn't "unavoidable" unless you are totally brainless.

And it should be easy enough to avoid a football forum if you want to avoid football scores, unless you are totally brainless.

easty
04-10-2015, 11:33 AM
You obviously don't think you are being deliberately unhelpful, but you are. You seem to have taken a stubborn stance of 'I'm not changing my ways' and saying it shouldn't be expected, but it's not unreasonable to expect people to post about a specific topic in a thread especially for that specific topic.

If folk don't want to know the scores they can change their ways. There's always been other scores on the match day threads.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:33 AM

And it's not unreasonable to expect that some people will unintentionally post other scores on a forum full of football fans, without sensitive souls calling them arrogant and lazy.

4 pager by the way. Wow.

Monts
04-10-2015, 11:34 AM
And it should be easy enough to avoid a football forum if you want to avoid football scores, unless you are totally brainless.

It shouldn't be necessary to avoid the whole forum, as long as you avoid the thread about the games you're trying to avoid.

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 11:35 AM

Remember here, the guy that was banned did not post a score on the matchday thread, yet the others that did seem to still be here???

Selective punishment.

There's a real sense of humour bypass on this site, getting banned for what he posted is shocking IMO.

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 11:35 AM

So people are brainless now because they want to chat about things on a thread you don't. Wow

Why not simply do something positive and start your own "no other games chat" thread rather than be so negative about others who have a different view .

J-C
04-10-2015, 11:36 AM

And what if people post the EPL score on the Hibs thread by accident, it's easy to push the wrong key and pick the wrong thread without realising.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 11:37 AM

It's not my ways. I don't think I've ever posted an English score. Maybe I have but haven't thought much of it. I just thought the fuss was a bit much. Folk who want to avoid scores already have to avoid every other potential avenue which is up to them. Football fans on a match thread shouldn't be made to feel they are being difficult for posting other interesting scores.

SaulGoodman
It shouldn't be necessary to avoid the whole forum, as long as you avoid the thread about the games you're trying to avoid.

But it's a football forum. Fair enough the match updates are for Hibs scores but you can't seriously expect to avoid all other scores when you're browsing a forum dedicated to football?! It just baffles me how people can be so Naive.

Like I said if I didn't want the ending of a film spoiled I probably wouldn't go on to a forum to do with films full stop.

Hibby70
Darth Vader is Luke's dad.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 11:38 AM
And what if people post the EPL score on the Hibs thread by accident, it's easy to push the wrong key and pick the wrong thread without realising.

I think we can accept that folk will make mistakes, it's easy enough to delete a post if it's done in error.

Monts
04-10-2015, 11:38 AM
And it's not unreasonable to expect that some people will unintentionally post other scores on a forum full of football fans, without sensitive souls calling them arrogant and lazy.

4 pager by the way. Wow.

It's not the ones who have done it unintentionally. I said at the start of my post that I thought it was taken a bit too seriously. It's the one who now know that it's an issue, who will not change threads in future who are coming across as arrogant and lazy.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 11:39 AM

The brainless comment is way over the top.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:40 AM

Arrogant. Lazy. Selfish. Brainless.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:42 AM
It's not the ones who have done it unintentionally. I said at the start of my post that I thought it was taken a bit too seriously. It's the one who now know that it's an issue, who will not change threads in future who are coming across as arrogant and lazy.

Personally I think everything was fine until this week. It's been the same as any other week.

Why should we suddenly change because all of a sudden someone is getting angry at having some scores spoiled?

matty_f
04-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Remember here, the guy that was banned did not post a score on the matchday thread, yet the others that did seem to still be here???

Selective punishment.

There's a real sense of humour bypass on this site, getting banned for what he posted is shocking IMO.

The scores were posted on a thread started for the specific purpose of discussing not posting scores on unrelated threads, by someone who wanted to avoid the scores. Hilarious banter, that was.

I'm not going to go into detail, but maybe if folk took heed of warnings and didn't feel the need to act like bairns, then we wouldn't need to be talking about anyone being banned (temporarily).

J-C
04-10-2015, 11:43 AM
I think we can accept that folk will make mistakes, it's easy enough to delete a post if it's done in error.

I also think things yesterday got way out of hand from both sides of this argument, I was working all day yesterday so I listened on open all mics but to ban a regular good poster is OTT IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 11:45 AM
I hope there is a space reserved in the vault for this, its so ridiculous its hilarious! :greengrin

I wonder how some folk cope with a "real" crisis in their life.

PatHead
04-10-2015, 11:45 AM
The thing is Nae Nookie that as far as I remember the only match talked about was Man City when Ageiro scored a hat trick in a few minutes. I think an event like that is fair game for discussion. You could still watch match of the day without knowing the final score of most of the games. It is not as though people posted every match score.

I also mentioned that Fletcher had scored in 3 minutes but surely that didn't affect your enjoyment of that match coverage.

BTW it is still 0-0 in the Merseyside derby but that doesn't kick off for 20 minutes.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:46 AM
The scores were posted on a thread started for the specific purpose of discussing not posting scores on unrelated threads, by someone who wanted to avoid the scores. Hilarious banter, that was.

I'm not going to go into detail, but maybe if folk took heed of warnings and didn't feel the need to act like bairns, then we wouldn't need to be talking about anyone being banned (temporarily).
[EDIT]

The guy likes a joke. He's a regular poster, no one took any extra offence to what he posted.

Sorry but there's some people on here who only turn up to stir **** when we get beat who are still here and get away with it week after week.

stoneyburn hibs
04-10-2015, 11:47 AM
The thing is Nae Nookie that as far as I remember the only match talked about was Man City when Ageiro scored a hat trick in a few minutes. I think an event like that is fair game for discussion. You could still watch match of the day without knowing the final score of most of the games. It is not as though people posted every match score.

I also mentioned that Fletcher had scored in 3 minutes but surely that didn't affect your enjoyment of that match coverage.

BTW it is still 0-0 in the Merseyside derby but that doesn't kick off for 20 minutes.

You need to refresh your browser Pat, Tranmere are 1-0 up.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:47 AM
This is completely bizarre anyway. Is there something in the air.

Monts
04-10-2015, 11:50 AM
Personally I think everything was fine until this week. It's been the same as any other week.

Why should we suddenly change because all of a sudden someone is getting angry at having some scores spoiled?

Like I said before, I don't really care if scores get posted or not, but if there is a thread for the other games, and people have now asked if those scores could just be posted in that thread, I don't think that's an unreasonable request. You would think people were being asked to only post on kickback.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Like I said before, I don't really care if scores get posted or not, but if there is a thread for the other games, and people have now asked if those scores could just be posted in that thread, I don't think that's an unreasonable request. You would think people were being asked to only post on kickback.

And like what's been mentioned above, it's not like every single score was being posted. The city score was posted because they were 1-0 down and aguero scores 5 as the game finishes 6-1. It's a talking point, people felt compelled to share it.

It's not like people were going "oh Bournemouth is 1 up" "West ham are getting beat"

easty
04-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Who got banned yesterday anyway?

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 11:56 AM

I have seen other people say the same thing:

When I come on Hibs.Net the first thing I see is a load of 'separate' threads with their own individual headings, this enables me to pick and choose the ones I want to read .... for example, if I was to see one headed 'Bundesliga scores' I would give it a miss coz I'm watching the highlights later.

I'm not complaining that people post football scores on a football forum ..... I'm complaining that they post them on one particular thread on a football forum, which is there so that folk at the Hibs game can ( very kindly ) update their fellow fans on what's going on at the Hibs game.

Sorry mate .... but in the context of this debate the 'avoid Hibs.Net' argument doesn't hold water.

Ronster117
04-10-2015, 11:57 AM
I think it's all very bizarre...if you can't stand the thought of getting other updates, I have a solution for you..... Open up a Hibs matchday thread but make clear that it is Hibs only....someone can open another Hibs and others matchday thread....may the best thread win ...... I think when I look at the news and see what's happening all over the world getting an update on a football score isnt that important, only my thoughts

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 11:57 AM

I am out the country at the moment, but text him when i saw it this morning. He can't believe how petty this whole thing is, and he did find it funny as most folk were in a good mood because we were winning, and winning easily.

Others also posted scores but are still here.

As he said to me and i said on here, this comes across as 100% selective punishment.

Petty, very petty.

Monts
04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
And like what's been mentioned above, it's not like every single score was being posted. The city score was posted because they were 1-0 down and aguero scores 5 as the game finishes 6-1. It's a talking point, people felt compelled to share it.

It's not like people were going "oh Bournemouth is 1 up" "West ham are getting beat"
That's fine. What's done is done. But next time, if you (not specifically you) know that will upset people, post it in the appropriate thread?

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Selective punishment.

Who got banned? I'm a score avoider and contrary to what people think , it isn't hard to do at all. I feel people getting banned over it is a bit extreme since the admins haven't from what I've seen clarified which way they would like it to be run

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Why don't I start a thread for the Dumbarton game where I will just copy and paste updates from the Hibs Twitter. Nothing else.

It could go alongside the match day thread which can be more laid back.

Everybody wins and we avoid this weird scenario.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 12:00 PM

A forum where you've got a checklist as long as my arm to go through before you decide to hit that submit button.

A bit harsh on the submit button, violence solves nothing.

J-C
04-10-2015, 12:01 PM
A bit harsh on the submit button, violence solves nothing.

Haha a real laugh out loud moment there :greengrin

Eaststand
04-10-2015, 12:01 PM
You can watch MOTD even when you know the scores, it's still good. In fact, there's times I might not have bothered watching, but having heard about a good result or a great goal, I'll make a point of putting it on.

I love Band of Brothers, it wasn't spoiled for me just cos I knew how it was going to end. Dinnae mean to spoil it for anyone but we win, and the Germans lose.

You rotten b***rd - I'm halfway through the Band of Brothers boxset and I was rooting for the Germans. And after your post there's nae point me watching Das Boot next either eh - twat !!

:wink:

GGTTH

Andy74
04-10-2015, 12:03 PM
I have seen other people say the same thing:

When I come on Hibs.Net the first thing I see is a load of 'separate' threads with their own individual headings, this enables me to pick and choose the ones I want to read .... for example, if I was to see one headed 'Bundesliga scores' I would give it a miss coz I'm watching the highlights later.

I'm not complaining that people post football scores on a football forum ..... I'm complaining that they post them on one particular thread on a football forum, which is there so that folk at the Hibs game can ( very kindly ) update their fellow fans on what's going on at the Hibs game.

Sorry mate .... but in the context of this debate the 'avoid Hibs.Net' argument doesn't hold water.

The forum is made by the people that contribute to it and start the threads. What they intend by each you'd have to ask them. Regimenting threads with strict rules isn't for me or many others and I've never thought that other scores were banned just because there happened to be another thread with other matches.

Why not start one each week which is a clear no other scores policy?

If people want to contribute they can. If people want to carry on the way the other threads have always been then they can do so.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 12:05 PM

Selective punishment.

Missed it all, was at a Birthday Party yesterday, got back late, just noticed he has gone, Why.?

therealgavmac
04-10-2015, 12:05 PM

I'm sitting watching the film now, and when I read your post I laughed and called you a stupid idiot...... but Darths just said it...... right in front of me....... I heard it with my own ears...... I am sorry I scorned you....... BTW, it hasn't spoiled my enjoyment.....

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I think it's all very bizarre...if you can't stand the thought of getting other updates, I have a solution for you..... Open up a Hibs matchday thread but make clear that it is Hibs only....someone can open another Hibs and others matchday thread....may the best thread win ...... I think when I look at the news and see what's happening all over the world getting an update on a football score isnt that important, only my thoughts

I never understand stuff like this ........... Of course there are more important things in the world that supercede any hobby or pastime like football or trainspotting or whatever, if folk want to address those issues they can write to their MP or the papers etc etc ....... On a football forum football is the most important topic up for consideration I would have thought :dunno:

Monts
04-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Missed it all, was at a Birthday Party yesterday, got back late, just noticed he has gone, Why.?

See Mattyf's post at 12.42pm

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 12:16 PM
I hope there is a space reserved in the vault for this, its so ridiculous its hilarious! :greengrin

Charlton (bleep) vs Fulham (bleep)

easty
04-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Charlton (bleep) vs Fulham (bleep)

Isn't it Charlton (nae bleep) vs Fulham (bleep bleep)?

Ronster117
04-10-2015, 12:20 PM
I never understand stuff like this ........... Of course there are more important things in the world that supercede any hobby or pastime like football or trainspotting or whatever, if folk want to address those issues they can write to their MP or the papers etc etc ....... On a football forum football is the most important topic up for consideration I would have thought :dunno:
That would mean that on a football forum people would be free to submit football related items like scores that exite them, ie Aberdeen getting beat by st Johnston... Man city winning by a healthy scoreline :agree:

jgl07
04-10-2015, 12:20 PM
I remember trying to do that once back in the day when Manchester City were away and due to be featured on Match of the Day (they only covered two matches then). We carefully avoided finding out the result all evening by staying in the pub. A ten in the evening we sat down to watch Match of the Day when my Grandfather came back from thebBritish Legion and put his head around the door and said:

"I see they have got beat again."

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm confused (:greengrin)

There's normally a Hibs v's xxxxx match day thread and a today's other matches thread....

I know I ain't a master mind type bloke but even I can figure out what to post where?.......

What would be the use of any additional threads above those two we normally already have?

And for what its worth, I've had another look at the match day thread and until some folks started getting a bit snippy at the very idea of posting other games scores in the other games thread rather than the Hibs game thread it was quite good banter :agree:

Moulin Yarns
04-10-2015, 12:32 PM

I'm with Andy on this one. Even the thread about the signage had match updates. If people really want to avoid all the scores from the EPL and elsewhere in Scotland the question is why they are on the internet at all. You are not going to stop people posting score updates from elsewhere on a match update thread, human nature dictates people will post scores on it. If you only want the Hibs scores stick to the official Hibs twitter feed.

Greentinted
04-10-2015, 12:32 PM
In the spirit of light relief and offering clarification to some younger punters who don't get the 'Likely Lads' reference, here it is.
And as for the matter in hand, am no fussed either way, it's no really a big deal in the grand scheme of things is it?

https://vimeo.com/135305590

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Isn't it Charlton (nae bleep) vs Fulham (bleep bleep)?

Ha! Brilliant :)

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 12:35 PM
The brainless comment is way over the top.

The word used was "unavoidable" .... If you are a person of reasonable or even limited intelligence doing something that requires a deliberate action ( for example typing on a keyboard ) can never be classed as unavoidable .... I don't think in that context the word brainless was over the top in the slightest.

bigwheel
04-10-2015, 12:36 PM
The word used was "unavoidable" .... If you are a person of reasonable or even limited intelligence doing something that requires a deliberate action ( for example typing on a keyboard ) can never be classed as unavoidable .... I don't think in that context the word brainless was over the top in the slightest.

When in a hole .......

Beefster
04-10-2015, 12:37 PM

Presumably by moaning that someone mentioned the crisis in the living room instead of the kitchen.

I've read some petty nonsense on the Internet but this is the worst of those I can remember. If I don't want to know who won the F1 before I watch the highlights, I'd just avoid a F1 forum (alongside every single news site) rather than expect everyone on that forum to keep any discussion to a specific thread. Yet it's the folk discussing football on a football forum that are being painted as selfish.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm confused (:greengrin)

There's normally a Hibs v's xxxxx match day thread and a today's other matches thread....

I know I ain't a master mind type bloke but even I can figure out what to post where?.......

What would be the use of any additional threads above those two we normally already have?

And for what its worth, I've had another look at the match day thread and until some folks started getting a bit snippy at the very idea of posting other games scores in the other games thread rather than the Hibs game thread it was quite good banter :agree:

I took some precious time out from having fun to start the match day thread, gutted to see it never got going for some reason :cb

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 12:39 PM
That would mean that on a football forum people would be free to submit football related items like scores that exite them, ie Aberdeen getting beat by st Johnston... Man city winning by a healthy scoreline :agree:

Apples & Oranges mate.

RoYO!
04-10-2015, 12:40 PM
EPL scores thread.

Hibs/ Scottish games thread.

We have the technology!

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 12:42 PM
When in a hole .......

Not in one yet mate :greengrin

RoYO!
04-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Presumably by moaning that someone mentioned the crisis in the living room instead of the kitchen.

I've read some petty nonsense on the Internet but this is the worst of those I can remember. If I don't want to know who won the F1 before I watch the highlights, I'd just avoid a F1 forum (alongside every single news site) rather than expect everyone on that forum to keep any discussion to a specific thread. Yet it's the folk discussing football on a football forum that are being painted as selfish.

Its not hard though is it? Post other scores on the today's other games thread.
I dont havw strong feelings on the subject but doesn't seem too much to ask?

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 12:43 PM
EPL scores thread.

We have the technology!

Bingo :aok:

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 12:44 PM
I took some precious time out from having fun to start the match day thread, gutted to see it never got going for some reason :cb

I know!! ...... It's all down to our usual culprit! .... PETR...... Err....... HAPPYHIBBIE! :grr:

Moulin Yarns
04-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Hamilton *** Celtc *** at half time. Sorry for ruining someones day :wink:

OOPS wrong thread, meant to post it on the "other match updates other than Hibs scores" thread.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Its not hard though is it? Post other scores on the today's other games thread.
I dont havw strong feelings on the subject but doesn't seem too much to ask?

The users of the threads are suggesting otherwise though. It is natural to have some crossover and I've no real interest in going from one thread to another for match day football chat. If we are to have strict rules on threads so be it but is that what everyone who uses the site wants?

Yes it's possible to avoid posting the scores but it's also possible for the small number of people who have the issue to avoid a match day thread.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 12:53 PM
You rotten b***rd - I'm halfway through the Band of Brothers boxset and I was rooting for the Germans. And after your post there's nae point me watching Das Boot next either eh - twat !!

:wink:

GGTTH

I hate to spoil it for you but, there wont be a Titanic sequel either.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Not in one yet mate :greengrin

Hence the NAE NOOKIE username! :-)

Hibstash
04-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Good day,

Very long term lurker of this forum, haven't posted since the days of SC (not sure if allowed to write his name) moderated this forum.

As an overseas Hibs supporter, I personally, hit refresh to get 'all' updates on football scores happening around the country on the match day thread. Perhaps it's laziness, perhaps not.

I did notice a long term poster had been banned and upon reading this thread and I now know why.

Fwiw, I find it slightly over the top to be honest. Annoying? Maybe to one or two individuals but that's about it in my opinion.

I think if someone is so desperate to avoid football scores, then coming onto a football forum on match day isn't the brightest of ideas.

Anyway, that's my tuppence worth and I'm away back to lurking.

Peace :-)

sambajustice
04-10-2015, 01:05 PM
EPL scores thread.

We have the technology!

What if an ex Hibs player scores for another team? What thread would that go on?

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:11 PM
What if an ex Hibs player scores for another team? What thread would that go on?

Depends if that team was Scottish or English ;)

Andy74
04-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Exactly. Let's not lose sight that this is just an informal football fans forum. It's not an information service. Regimenting Saturday football chat to satisfy a handful of folk who will have to avoid every other type of media anyway is a bit much I think.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:13 PM
Exactly. Let's not lose sight that this is just an informal football fans forum. It's not an information service. Regimenting Saturday football chat to satisfy a handful of folk who will have to avoid every other type of media anyway is a bit much I think.

So you have said over and over...

Eaststand
04-10-2015, 01:14 PM
I hate to spoil it for you but, there wont be a Titanic sequel either.

Why no Titanic sequel bud - (I missed the last 10mins of the original movie) what happened ?

:na na:

GGTTH

Andy74
04-10-2015, 01:14 PM

So do you want to dictate how often I can add to the topic now?

easty
04-10-2015, 01:16 PM

And every time he's said it, he's been right.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:18 PM
So do you want to dictate how often I can add to the topic now?

Get of your high horse lol. You have reacted to someone making a sensible request over and over by posting like they are asking you to change something life changing.. Like they are somehow trying to violate your human rights.. Very tiresome , lighten up man. You are the one that's starting to look silly .

easty
04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Get of your high horse lol. You have reacted to someone making a sensible request over and over by posting like they are asking you to change something life changing.. Like they are somehow trying to violate your human rights.. Very tiresome , lighten up man. You are the one that's starting to look silly .

Life changing or no, it's changing something that's worked for the many for ages, and we've to change cos of the few. I say the few should just deal with it.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 01:24 PM

I believe it's you and a few others that wanted this to be discussed right? If it's not important I will continue to treat it as such.

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Mon the Hibs.

Do do do Dominique Malonga

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Jeezo... This thread! :faf:

I'm pretty sure we've pretty much agreed, Our match day thread is good for all things Hibs related, the Non Hibs match day thread for all errr ummm Non Hibs stuff

The real issue is that some peeps, even knowing someone doesn't want know some specific info DELIBERATELY posts it anyway.

End of, etc etc .... :aok:

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Life changing or no, it's changing something that's worked for the many for ages, and we've to change cos of the few. I say the few should just deal with it.

There have been lots of weeks where people have been asked to use the other games thread ? At least from what I've seen . otherwise what is the point having two?

Hiber-nation
04-10-2015, 01:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

easty
04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I would just like clarification if there should be two threads used correctly or a free for all? What you are discussing in most of your posts are whether people should be avoiding results...... None of which should lead to the keyboard warrior personal abuse tbh

Keyboard warrior...brilliant. If anyone wants to meet in the pub to watch the Man Utd game and discuss this in person then we can at least get rid of ridiculous statements like that one!

easty
04-10-2015, 01:32 PM
I would just like clarification if there should be two threads used correctly or a free for all? What you are discussing in most of your posts are whether people should be avoiding results...... None of which should lead to the keyboard warrior personal abuse tbh

And back on point. There's a middle ground between one thread and a free for all, as can be seen everyday on Hibs.net on almost every topic.

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 01:32 PM

Different perspectives eh! ....

My view is that it was to get it back to the way it normally is... I.e. . Hibs thread, mostly Hibs stuff :aok:

Andy74
04-10-2015, 01:33 PM

Exactly so why did you start down that path?

I've never been aware of a strict rule around scores on threads. If a thread was set with those rules Im sure most would try and stick with it.

The question is do people generally want that? I think it's a hassle to feel you need to go to another place to mention another score. What if an English score has a Hibs interest?

What if folk want to watch Sportscene? We don't mention the other Scottish games?

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Keyboard warrior...brilliant. If anyone wants to meet in the pub to watch the Man Utd game and discuss this in person then we can at least get rid of ridiculous statements like that one!

Yep just checked.. I definitely didn't even quote you.. ?

easty
04-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Yep just checked.. I definitely didn't even quote you.. ?

I'm well aware of that. Am I not allowed to reply to things on this thread as well as not post non Hibs scores on the match day thread?

marinello59
04-10-2015, 01:35 PM
We can do this without throwing personal insults at each other can't we?
Thanks.

easty
04-10-2015, 01:36 PM
Different perspectives eh! ....

My view is that it was to get it back to the way it normally is... I.e. . Hibs thread, mostly Hibs stuff :aok:

It is mostly Hibs stuff. With a few other scores chucked in.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:37 PM

I've never been aware of a strict rule around scores on threads. If a thread was set with those rules Im sure most would try and stick with it.

The question is do people generally want that? I think it's a hassle to feel you need to go to another place to mention another score. What if an English score has a Hibs interest?

What if folk want to watch Sportscene? We don't mention the other Scottish games?

Its just my take on it Andy.... I have always had the view the hibs thread is for the hibs game and others for others.. When a random score slips in ,I don't complain. It happens. What I don't get is after someone then mentioned it people got over defensive and actively went out their way to belittle the guy ( and others who avoid results) all we need is clarification on where the site stands... If its to be one thread then so be it. At least then there would be no Grey area

easty
04-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Naebody wants to watch Sportscene. It's dire.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm well aware of that. Am I not allowed to reply to things on this thread as well as not post non Hibs scores on the match day thread?

Ok mate , whatever floats your boat..

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2015, 01:38 PM
http://cf.mp-cdn.net/16/bc/15e524ba5eecdf9c5e536d683649-if-you-dont-believe-in-god-can-you-say-oh-my-god.jpg

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Its just my take on it Andy.... I have always had the view the hibs thread is for the hibs game and others for others.. When a random score slips in ,I don't complain. It happens. What I don't get is after someone then mentioned it people got over defensive and actively went out their way to belittle the guy ( and others who avoid results) all we need is clarification on where the site stands... If its to be one thread then so be it. At least then there would be no Grey area

Depending on who you are, you will get banned if you post EPL scores on a Hibs match update thread.

I hope that clears it up for you Liam. :confused:

Iggy Pope
04-10-2015, 01:42 PM
I use the Matchday thread when I can't be at the game. I've relied on it on my holidays and I appreciate the updates.
No other game matters when I can't be at the Hibs and it should be the same for 99.99999% of users.
If however, posters want to get their count up by posting score updates on anyone from the Hertz to the Isthmian league then that's surely their prerogative. Social media is easily avoided. Or if not avoided, **** off to another site where you won't get these alerts. LIKE THE BBC. They have a wee Scottish Championship section I believe.
Better still go to the Hibs game instead of worrying about what you might be watching after Strictly.

if the site wraps individuals up in cotton wool to spare their Saturday night viewing habits, people will go elsewhere.

Blackpool Hibs will be a loss to the site. I think, pest that he is.

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Exactly. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2015, 01:46 PM
I use the Matchday thread when I can't be at the game. I've relied on it on my holidays and I appreciate the updates.
No other game matters when I can't be at the Hibs and it should be the same for 99.99999% of users.
If however, posters want to get their count up by posting score updates on anyone from the Hertz to the Isthmian league then that's surely their prerogative. Social media is easily avoided. Or if not avoided, **** off to another site where you won't get these alerts. LIKE THE BBC. They have a wee Scottish Championship section I believe.
Better still go to the Hibs game instead of worrying about what you might be watching after Strictly.

if the site wraps individuals up in cotton wool to spare their Saturday night viewing habits, people will go elsewhere.

Is BH banned?

Iggy Pope
04-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Is BH banned?

He has a dark pink line through his user name.

Iggy Pope
04-10-2015, 01:50 PM

The Arsenal game, surely?

jonty
04-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Depending on who you are, you will get banned if you post EPL scores on a Hibs match update thread.

Trolling (as has been pointed out) will lead to warning/infractions which can take repeat posters over the threshold and can lead to a temporary suspension.

So not quite as straightforward as simply posting a scoreline.

Moulin Yarns
04-10-2015, 01:51 PM
GOALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

I'm just not going to say who for :wink:

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Trolling (as has been pointed out) will lead to warning/infractions which can take repeat posters over the threshold and can lead to a temporary suspension.

So not quite as straightforward as simply posting a scoreline.

I have no idea if he was given a warning about what he did, was anyone warned that they risked a ban for this horrendous action?

I have no idea what trolling is if i'm honest, but people who post scores on the wrong thread being banned temporary or not is just cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer IMO, and sorry, anyone who takes offence at that needs to get a life.

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2015, 02:02 PM
He has a dark pink line through his user name.

Ah okay I can't see it on ny phone.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 02:03 PM
I have no idea if he was given a warning about what he did, was anyone warned that they risked a ban for this horrendous action?

I have no idea what trolling is if i'm honest, but people who post scores on the wrong thread being banned temporary or not is just cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer IMO, and sorry, anyone who takes offence at that needs to get a life.

'Trolling' IMO is just a buzzword in today's society.. I reckon most of us on here would accept the term 'wind up' agree there is no need for a ban whatever way you want to head up an action so small

jonty
04-10-2015, 02:05 PM

You're right, I'm sure it was purely accidental on his part. Each time he did it.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

The whole thing is/was a mountain out of a molehill (IMO).
There have been two threads on match days for as long as I can remember when Hibs play, and the general forum rules of staying on topic are generally adhered to.

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 02:06 PM

That's not why he was temporarily binned though?

It was going out the way to post something that was specifically requested to be kept out of said thread?

PS I quite like his posts in the main :aok:

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 02:07 PM
You're right, I'm sure it was purely accidental on his part. Each time he did it.

There have been two threads on match days for as long as I can remember when Hibs play, and the general forum rules of staying on topic are generally adhered to.

The problem I have with that definition is you are jumping to the conclusion people wouldn't do the same in the pub..... If that argument was going on in the pub I have no doubt someone would have done the same as Blackpool... Therefore not trolling by that very definition surely?

jonty
04-10-2015, 02:09 PM
The problem I have with that definition is you are jumping to the conclusion people wouldn't do the same in the pub..... If that argument was going on in the pub I have no doubt someone would have done the same as Blackpool... Therefore not trolling by that very definition surely?

i just picked the first thing from google. Mikey had a post up in here which helped spell it out.
And if you were in the pub and someone did that. Then the next time. Then the next time. And the next. Eventually you'd give up inviting him to the pub, surely? Even if just for one night? :greengrin

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 02:11 PM
i just picked the first thing from google. Mikey had a post up in here which helped spell it out.
And if you were in the pub and someone did that. Then the next time. Then the next time. And the next. Eventually you'd give up inviting him to the pub, surely? Even if just for one night? :greengrin

I tend to class a wind up merchant as good company. Pub would be a dull place without them ;)

Iggy Pope
04-10-2015, 02:12 PM

Looking at the definition you attached I wonder how relevant the term the 'prick' is. And how acceptable it might be. And no thread on this site ever stayed on topic.

jonty
04-10-2015, 02:15 PM
I tend to class a wind up merchant as good company. Pub would be a dull place without them ;)
Indeed. and often enjoyed BH and TQM having a go at each other

Looking at the definition you attached I wonder how relevant the term the 'prick' is. And how
acceptable it might be. And no thread on this site ever stayed on topic.
As I said, its the first google hit, not the sites definition of trolling. And I said generally. and its hibs.net fact that theres at least one thread 100% on topic. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 02:33 PM

Thats what I thought too.

NAE NOOKIE
04-10-2015, 02:57 PM

Or if you want to post scores from the other matches or discuss them **** off to the thread specifically set up to discuss 'today's other matches'

Moulin Yarns
04-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Or if you want to post scores from the other matches or discuss them **** off to the thread specifically set up to discuss 'today's other matches'

IMHO that is not going to happen. People post on the forums that they are on when something happened in other games. The Manchester city game yesterday was exceptional so it was posted on the match update thread.

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Seems I missed a good day yesterday on here, I hope no one was permanently scarred by the events described, they sound really serious.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 03:10 PM

You were looking for a bit of a favour from people eh?

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:10 PM
At the risk of being the voice of reason.... Would it not make sense for the admins to confirm what way it should happen? And then the bickering can stop about who's in the right and then no doubt move on to whether the admins were right or not lol

Andy74
04-10-2015, 03:11 PM
IMHO that is not going to happen. People post on the forums that they are on when something happened in other games. The Manchester city game yesterday was exceptional so it was posted on the match update thread.

Trying to make it some sort of policy is going to cause some regular issues when there has never been any.

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 03:22 PM
At the risk of being the voice of reason.... Would it not make sense for the admins to confirm what way it should happen? And then the bickering can stop about who's in the right and then no doubt move on to whether the admins were right or not lol

I would say there is a policy. Off topic posts are regularly deleted. There is a match thread and an other scores thread. Any "other" chat is off topic and should be binned. But given that the admits are busy people and are probably more worried about the game it doesn't happen.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:24 PM
I would say there is a policy. Off topic posts are regularly deleted. There is a match thread and an other scores thread. Any "other" chat is off topic and should be binned. But given that the admits are busy people and are probably more worried about the game it doesn't happen.

That is also how I see it,, but unless it is confirmed then the argument is all about hear say and peoples perspectives

Andy74
04-10-2015, 03:24 PM

I've never understood that to be the case.

Posts that are way off topic and getting into debates in the match thread yes, but other scores?

Ronniekirk
04-10-2015, 03:26 PM
I don't know how to use I spy so can't look at two threads at same time ,so doesn'ti bother me when other teams scores pop up especially if Hibs related ie Falkirk have equalised at ibrox for eg
But I know my son often doesn't wAnt to know the score of a game ,and come in later at night and watch highlights ,so in that sense i can empathise with nae nookie ,but how you go out and socialise and interact on social media and avoid seeing the score must be difficult ,but each to his or her own .

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:27 PM
I don't know how to use I spy so can't look at two threads at same time ,so doesn'ti bother me when other teams scores pop up especially if Hibs related ie Falkirk have equalised at ibrox for eg
But I know my son often doesn't wAnt to know the score of a game ,and come in later at night and watch highlights ,so in that sense i can empathise with nae nookie ,but how you go out and socialise and interact on social media and avoid seeing the score must be difficult ,but each to his or her own .

I'm usually at the hibs game with the wee man and don't do social media so not as hard as you think Ronnie. I know lots of guys who do it

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Calendar thread 2.0

I'm so proud I am involved in this one. Vault material.

Keith_M
04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't think the suggestion of an immediate deletion policy (of the other scores) has any chance of success.

You'd have to have a delay, like they do on live radio, and have somebody giving that thread 100% of their attention.

That's a bit much just so somebody can try to avoid hearing a score, especially as there's so many other ways they can accidentally find it out anyway.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:42 PM
I don't think the suggestion of an immediate deletion policy (of the other scores) has any chance of success.

You'd have to have a delay, like they do on live radio, and have somebody giving that thread 100% of their attention.

That's a bit much just so somebody can try to avoid hearing a score, especially as there's so many other ways they can accidentally find it out anyway.

The problem is at the minute , no one knows if your allowed to post them or not.. Surely if it was confirmed either way people would adhere to the rules.... At least the majority of the time

Beefster
04-10-2015, 03:43 PM
At the risk of being the voice of reason.... Would it not make sense for the admins to confirm what way it should happen?

I thought Hibs.net was supposed to be a [relatively] enjoyable experience. There are enough rules as it is.

Incidentally, if we're going to start getting anal about threads staying exactly on topic, it's going to be a bloodbath. This thread alone has numerous posts which have absolutely no connection to the OP's topic.

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 03:44 PM
This really is mountain and molehill stuff.....

We already have 2 threads on match days.... The Hibs one generally has Hibs related stuff the other one doesn't.... Sometimes there's a crossover and it's never a problem.... If a discussion starts that should be in the other thread generally the guys move over ...... We just need to go on as we've always have up to now.

It was the deliberate wind up that was the issue yesterday, it was funny at 1st but maybe ended up going a wee bit to far (for some).

FWIW the way we do it here feels right, I've popped onto some of our opponents sites at times to see what they're saying and it's dead unprofessional at times, I bet if you pop over to rangers media they'll have a match day thread running for their next game in a week or so!

matty_f
04-10-2015, 03:45 PM

2 people posted scores on the thread asking not to post scores.

Both got infraction points. One already had points so the extra ones earned them a ban.

Nothing to do with depending who you are.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:46 PM
I thought Hibs.net was supposed to be a [relatively] enjoyable experience. There are enough rules as it is.

Incidentally, if we're going to start getting anal about threads staying exactly on topic, it's going to be a bloodbath. This thread alone has numerous posts which have absolutely no connection to the OP's topic.

Again the quote is just what you think beefster.
That's fine if its the stance of the admin then people know to avoid the whole site.. At the moment people think different things and that's where the arguments come from

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:47 PM

Both got infraction points. One already had points so the extra ones earned them a ban.

I don't get that argument either matty.. I think its pretty petty

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 03:48 PM
I'm having a great Sunday roast.

Sorry just thought I'd add something to this utterly strange thread!!

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 03:50 PM

Who was it that got banned? I'm assuming you can say!

easty
04-10-2015, 03:52 PM

It'll absolute horse **** to bring in "rules" about what football you're allowed to post about in certain threads. It's a football supporters forum, so by all means by rugby chat, but if we want to talk football we should be allowed to talk football.

I wasn't even posting scores yesterday but it's a nonsense to suggest I shouldn't be allowed to.

Beefster
04-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Who was it that got banned? I'm assuming you can say!

BH.

If I was looking in as an outsider, I'd be laughing my nuts off and telling the missus about this (although I told the missus anyway and she just tutted and muttered 'tragic' under her breath).

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Again the quote is just what you think beefster.
That's fine if its the stance of the admin then people know to avoid the whole site.. At the moment people think different things and that's where the arguments come from

Thing is I actually think most agree...

At risk of repeating myself

One thread for mostly Hibs stuff and the other for non Hibs game day stuff, we agree there's goon to be crossover, that happens.
IF seine then pops up and says, hey folks I'm recording xxxxx v xxxxxx for later try and no mention that on here..... Is it really to much to ask for folks to not DELIBERATELY go out their way to post said info.

For me it's really that simple and I just can't understand why anyone thinks that's such a big issue?

AND I can't believe this thread is still going ....... And before you say it I know I ain't helping LOL!

Andy74
04-10-2015, 03:56 PM
This really is mountain and molehill stuff.....

We already have 2 threads on match days.... The Hibs one generally has Hibs related stuff the other one doesn't.... Sometimes there's a crossover and it's never a problem.... If a discussion starts that should be in the other thread generally the guys move over ...... We just need to go on as we've always have up to now.

It was the deliberate wind up that was the issue yesterday, it was funny at 1st but maybe ended up going a wee bit to far (for some).

FWIW the way we do it here feels right, I've popped onto some of our opponents sites at times to see what they're saying and it's dead unprofessional at times, I bet if you pop over to rangers media they'll have a match day thread running for their next game in a week or so!

Yep and it's always more about relevance and cluttering the thread. We used to get lengthy debates on Manchester teams for example which got in the way of updates.

I think it's another thing to make it a strict issue of not sharing scores from any given league. Away games in particular can be pretty short of actual Hibs updates and the other scores don't get in the way at all.

As said above this would be both unworkable and set a bit of a precedent for people's preferences on other threads to have to be taken into account.

I posted updates twice yesterday on the wrong thread. Not even match related. I shouldn't have to worry too much about that.

Hibs90
04-10-2015, 03:57 PM
To be honest I find it rather pathetic that we have to hide other games scores just for the satisfaction of others. I personally just flick between the match day thread and an app with other scores but if I feel something of interest or entertaining in any other game happens I will post it up if I can be bothered. If people don't want to know the scores of other games then don't look and stop crying like a baby if it gets spoiled for you as its your own fault for going into a thread that potentially will have the other scores on them.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:57 PM

Hope you don't have any previous points or your putting your membership in jepordy ;)

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Yep and it's always more about relevance and cluttering the thread. We used to get lengthy debates on Manchester teams for example which got in the way of updates.

I think it's another thing to make it a strict issue of not sharing scores from any given league. Away games in particular can be pretty short of actual Hibs updates and the other scores don't get in the way at all.

As said above this would be both unworkable and set a bit of a precedent for people's preferences on other threads to have to be taken into account.

I posted updates twice yesterday on the wrong thread. Not even match related. I shouldn't have to worry too much about that.

Don't disagree with any of that

easty
04-10-2015, 03:59 PM

Beef?

Sir David Gray
04-10-2015, 04:01 PM
If I ever want to avoid a football score, the last thing I would do is come on the internet.

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 04:03 PM
To be honest I find it rather pathetic that we have to hide other games scores just for the satisfaction of others. I personally just flick between the match day thread and an app with other scores but if I feel something of interest or entertaining in any other game happens I will post it up if I can be bothered. If people don't want to know the scores of other games then don't look and stop crying like a baby if it gets spoiled for you as its your own fault for going into a thread that potentially will have the other scores on them. Get a grip

I don't think what you mention above is the issue, it's the fact that someone goes out their way to post certain info that's the issue here.

I think

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 04:06 PM
BH.

If I was looking in as an outsider, I'd be laughing my nuts off and telling the missus about this (although I told the missus anyway and she just tutted and muttered 'tragic' under her breath).

Not going to lie I find a few things on here laughable!! But everyone is wired different and that's what I think makes forums.

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Beef?

Yep, loads of gravy as well.

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Hope you don't have any previous points or your putting your membership in jepordy ;)

Better not, as my post wasn't posting score lines 😁

easty
04-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Yep, loads of gravy as well.

Where do you stand on the Yorkshire pudding debate? Only with beef or good with all roast dinners?

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't get that argument either matty.. I think its pretty petty

I agree, posting scores on that thread was really petty.

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Where do you stand on the Yorkshire pudding debate? Only with beef or good with all roast dinners?

Good question.. I have two with all my roasts. Anyone who doesn't have Yorkshire pudding with a Sunday dinner is cheating themselves, beef or chicken.

Hibbyradge
04-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Wow, what a huge fuss about very little, but here's my tuppence-worth.

I occasionally try to avoid finding out the score of a game I've recorded.

I deliberately stay off hibs.net, Facebook and Twitter etc and keep the radio and TV off. I'd suggest that's the best approach, but even then it doesn't always work.

It's not the end of the world if I find out, just mildly disappointing.

However, I do think that if someone has asked not to be told the other games' scores on the Hibs match thread, it's a reasonable request and easy enough to grant. Having said that, folk will still innocently comment on other games if they haven't read the whole thread and they shouldn't be censured.

I've no idea what Blackpool Hibs was up to, but I texted him earlier so I might find out. :tsk tsk:

easty
04-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Good question.. I have two with all my roasts. Anyone who doesn't have Yorkshire pudding with a Sunday dinner is cheating themselves, beef or chicken.

Agreed. Though I do love a chipolata sausage, yet only have them with chicken for some reason.

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 04:19 PM

I deliberately stay off hibs.net, Facebook and Twitter etc and keep the radio and TV off. I'd suggest that's the best approach, but even then it doesn't always work.

However, I do think that if someone has asked not to be told the other games' scores on the Hibs match thread, it's a reasonable request and easy enough to grant. Having said that, folk will still innocently comment on other games if they haven't read the whole thread and they shouldn't be censured.

I've no idea what Blackpool Hibs was up to, but I texted him earlier so I might find out. :tsk tsk:

This..... 100% this.....

Anyways, I'm off to the pub :-)

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 04:20 PM

Blackpool did not post any scores on the matchday thread, he posted on the thread asking about why the matchday thread was closed? :confused:

Andy74
04-10-2015, 04:24 PM

It would be an interesting board if we were going to agree to everyone's requests though eh?

I like to see all my updates in the one place so where is that to be catered for if that's my request?

I generally don't understand people not agreeing with me so it would make my day if people would just do so from now on please. Thank you.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:25 PM
IMHO, it's not something that admins should have to moderate. There's a couple of threads on a matchday - a hibs one, and an 'other games' one.
We don't want folk tip-toeing around threads so we'd just ask that users respect other users.

We've never had a policy that threads shouldn't contain other scores in case someone wants to watch MotD, and we're not about to create one.

It's a minor point that's somehow got laughably out of hand but it comes down to people just showing a bit of consideration to other people - be that by not posting scores so that folk that want to avoid them can do so, or accepting that people will post scores so either just living with it or leaving hibs.net alone for a few hours.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:26 PM
It would be an interesting board if we were going to agree to everyone's requests though eh?

I like to see all my updates in the one place so where is that to be catered for if that's my request?

I generally don't understand people not agreeing with me so it would make my day if people would just do so from now on please. Thank you.

You could easily have all the scores in the other games thread. Coming on hibs.net and trying to avoid the hibs score is a non-starter, so you're easily catered for.

Ozyhibby
What about MOTD2? Does that count as well?

matty_f
Blackpool did not post any scores on the matchday thread, he posted on the thread asking about why the matchday thread was closed? :confused:

Exactly.

green day
04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Arsenal winning 3-0.

Do I get barred for that 😁

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
IMHO, it's not something that admins should have to moderate. There's a couple of threads on a matchday - a hibs one, and an 'other games' one.
We don't want folk tip-toeing around threads so we'd just ask that users respect other users.

We've never had a policy that threads shouldn't contain other scores in case someone wants to watch MotD, and we're not about to create one.

It's a minor point that's somehow got laughably out of hand but it comes down to people just showing a bit of consideration to other people - be that by not posting scores so that folk that want to avoid them can do so, or accepting that people will post scores so either just living with it or leaving hibs.net alone for a few hours.

I can't help but think your contradicting yourself mate.. If the attitude is people will post football scores on a football forum then the two guys should not have been reprimanded for doing so.. No matter what the thread was about. At least if that is the stance of admin then guys that don't want to see scores are left in no doubt but to stay clear of the whole site

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Agreed. Though I do love a chipolata sausage, yet only have them with chicken for some reason.

I only have them with turkey at Xmas. 👍🏼

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 04:34 PM
I only have them with turkey at Xmas. 👍🏼

Wrapped in bacon??

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM
I can't help but think your contradicting yourself mate.. If the attitude is people will post football scores on a football forum then the two guys should not have been reprimanded for doing so.. No matter what the thread was about. At least if that is the stance of admin then guys that don't want to see scores are left in no doubt but to stay clear of the whole site

I think you're missing the point.

One poster starts a thread to make the point that they wanted to avoid the scores.

There is already a thread elsewhere for other games, and we'd just had to close the match thread because of where it was heading.

Despite that, two posters chose to use that thread - the one started by someone trying to avoid scores and already irked that a previous thread was closed - to post up the scores.

Now, some might find that hilarious, i felt it was completely antagonistic and unnecessary. The posts served no purpose other than to get a reaction from other posters, particularly the OP.

Hibbyradge
04-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Exactly.

What was wrong with him doing that, Matty?

If it wasn't the match day thread, which is where the request for silence about other scores was made then he hasn't deliberately trolled anyone who didn't want to know the scores.

I may have missed something as I wasn't online yesterday, but I'm very confused by all of this. :confused:

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Wrapped in bacon??

Yep 😁

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:41 PM
What was wrong with him doing that, Matty?

If it wasn't the match day thread, which is where the request for silence about other scores was made then he hasn't deliberately trolled anyone who didn't want to know the scores.

I may have missed something as I wasn't online yesterday, but I'm very confused by all of this. :confused:

See the post above.