PDA

View Full Version : MOTD-gate

Pages : 1 [2]

Just Alf
04-10-2015, 04:41 PM
I can't help but think your contradicting yourself mate.. If the attitude is people will post football scores on a football forum then the two guys should not have been reprimanded for doing so.. No matter what the thread was about. At least if that is the stance of admin then guys that don't want to see scores are left in no doubt but to stay clear of the whole site

Now in pub but can't help masel! :-)

That's not really the issue though is it?

Person A said "aw naw, I'm watching that later, gonna no put more stuff up"

Person B sez " it's now 10 nil .... Na na!"

Person A sez " ah ya buggers" and heads of to a new thread.....

Persons B and C follow him to the new thread specifically set up to not have the score posted and proceed to do it......

That's the issue.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 04:41 PM
What was wrong with him doing that, Matty?

If it wasn't the match day thread, which is where the request for silence about other scores was made then he hasn't deliberately trolled anyone who didn't want to know the scores.

I may have missed something as I wasn't online yesterday, but I'm very confused by all of this. :confused:

I'm assuming from now that posting a score on the match thread will be seen as a wind up instead of just what's always been done.

Scorrie
04-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Arsenal winning 3-0.

Do I get barred for that 😁

You should be ok as this isn't the Hibs Match Thread ...I think. It's getting confusing!

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:43 PM

Persons B and C follow him to the new thread specifically set up to not have the score posted and proceed to do it......

That's the issue.
Thank you.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:44 PM
I'm assuming from now that posting a score on the match thread will be seen as a wind up instead of just what's always been done.

No, that's not the case at all.

The posters that got infractions got them for posting scores on a thread with this as the OP:

If the admins are going to close the matchday thread because of the ongoing discussion regarding whether or not results from the EPL should be posted on it, then I would like you to comment on the matter.

From my point of view I don't think its in the least bit unreasonable to ask people to restrict posts on that thread to scores from the Scottish Championship and the Hearts game .... Its not as if there isn't a thread every time Hibs play dedicated to scores from other leagues that they can post on, otherwise why bother having one at all.

Its evident from the comments other people made that I'm not the only one whose enjoyment of the matchday thread, not to mention Match of the Day, is being spoiled by this.

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 04:50 PM

That's the issue.

Person B did not post any scores on the matchday thread, and as far as i'm aware the thread he posted on was asking why the matchday thread was closed. And having read it fleetingly, i cant see anywhere where its a matchday thread and subject to these new rules?

Sledgehammer and walnut

matty_f
04-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Person B did not post any scores on the matchday thread, and as far as i'm aware the thread he posted on was asking why the matchday thread was closed. And having read it fleetingly, i cant see anywhere where its a matchday thread and subject to these new rules?

Sledgehammer and walnut

Are you deliberately missing the point?

Thread started so someone could discuss people not posting scores on the match thread because they like to avoid them.

Two people then post scores on that thread.

Can you explain why the scores were posted on that thread?

Pete
04-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Hibs updates only for the hibs thread and other matches in the other matches thread.

No need for nine pages and people making out that it's some major inconvenience to switch threads.

Ronster117
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Most times when I'm browsing.net on match days , I have the radio app on at the same time, if something happens somewhere else that I think Hibs supporters might be interested in , rather than have to change pages it's just easier to type on the page I'm on, being of an age where my fingers didn't grow up on a keypad it's not me being lazy or disrespectful it's just easier.

BoltonHibee
04-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Are you deliberately missing the point?

Thread started so someone could discuss people not posting scores on the match thread because they like to avoid them.

Two people then post scores on that thread.

Can you explain why the scores were posted on that thread?

Just read the thread again, and at no time can i see the thread being regarded as a matchday thread.

The scores were probably posted as a bit of fun, it was after all not the matchday thread, you can still have fun on here Matty?

I'd say at no time was anyone being antagonistic, in fact knowing Gary he'd have thought it was a bit funny but thats about it, he's always joking.

Unnecessary, maybe but so is most of the stuff everyone posts on here.

This is ridiculous.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Just read the thread again, and at no time can i see the thread being regarded as a matchday thread.

The scores were probably posted as a bit of fun, it was after all not the matchday thread, you can still have fun on here Matty?

I'd say at no time was anyone being antagonistic, in fact knowing Gary he'd have thought it was a bit funny but thats about it, he's always joking.

This is ridiculous.

The whole point is that it wasn't a match thread.

It was a thread (genuinely can't believe I'm explaining this again) started by someone who clearly did not want to know the scores and had started another thread about it.

We then had two folk thinking it would be funny to post the scores that person wanted to avoid.

There was no reason, other than to wind that poster up, to post scores on that thread.

Hibbyradge
04-10-2015, 05:08 PM
No, that's not the case at all.

The posters that got infractions got them for posting scores on a thread with this as the OP:

If the admins are going to close the matchday thread because of the ongoing discussion regarding whether or not results from the EPL should be posted on it, then I would like you to comment on the matter.

From my point of view I don't think its in the least bit unreasonable to ask people to restrict posts on that thread to scores from the Scottish Championship and the Hearts game .... Its not as if there isn't a thread every time Hibs play dedicated to scores from other leagues that they can post on, otherwise why bother having one at all.

Its evident from the comments other people made that I'm not the only one whose enjoyment of the matchday thread, not to mention Match of the Day, is being spoiled by this.

Every other match day thread in history has had people posting scores from other matches, though.

No-one knew there were rules against it and I'm actually still not sure if there are.

The match day thread was closed to stop folk talking about the issue, but another thread about that very subject was allowed to run. Why then close the original thread? :confused:

I don't particularly care either way, but I would guess that the majority of people are happy to have other scores discussed whether it's on the match day thread or elsewhere. If the admin team want the system to change, I can understand the reasons and it would fair enough, but a decision should be made and it should be made clear to everyone.

I've had a read at the threads now and it seems that this new "rule" has come about because of the wishes of about 2 people although there were as many, if not more, people arguing the reverse.

Issuing infractions in those circumstances without advance explanation or warning seems unnecessary.

I don't expect to be able dictate what people can or can not discuss on any given thread whether I've started it or someone else has.

Thecat23
04-10-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm lost reading this. Someone saying BH didn't post scores on the thread others saying he did?

If someone has asked to not be informed on that thread and someone has and he's gone to another and it's happened again that's just people on the wind up clearly.

If they didn't do that then I've no idea what the hell is happening in this world.

My beef roast was terrific by the way, followed by a little pot of chocolate cheesecake!

Ronster117
04-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Why no Titanic sequel bud - (I missed the last 10mins of the original movie) what happened ?

:na na:

GGTTH
The boat guys were on their iPads I think it was the motorised boat thread on the forum, as it had to remain on topic no one was supposed to mention anything else....being as it was over 100 years ago they didn't have anyone who posted on the wrong threads. The iceberg guys were posting like crazy on the iceberg thread but the motorised boat guys never read the other thread....such a pity one guy didn't just have a sly wee post on the other thread.....hey ho.....the rest was history :agree:

BT58
04-10-2015, 05:12 PM
If you want to post scores why dont you do what they did in tho olde days and put up
A 0-2
B 1-1
C 0-0
etc etc...it was only them who bought programmes who actually knew who was whom.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:13 PM
There is no rule about posting scores on the match thread.

Nobody got an infraction for that.

J-C
04-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Can't believe this is 9 pages long WTF :confused:

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm lost reading this. Someone saying BH didn't post scores on the thread others saying he did?

If someone has asked to not be informed on that thread and someone has and he's gone to another and it's happened again that's just people on the wind up clearly.

If they didn't do that then I've no idea what the hell is happening in this world.

My beef roast was terrific by the way, followed by a little pot of chocolate cheesecake!

You've nailed it with the second paragraph.

It's not about posting scores specifically, it was posting with the apparent sole intention of winding up another user who had specifically started a thread to make a point about not knowing scores.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Laughable, isn't it!? :greengrin

3pm
04-10-2015, 05:17 PM

I think the bigger issue here's are 1) Is he having a leaving night? And 2) Are we having collection?

I am not that bothered about contributing but I would consider the drinks. :agree:

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:18 PM
I think the bigger issue here's are 1) Is he having a leaving night? And 2) Are we having collection?

I am not that bothered about contributing but I would consider the drinks. :agree:
He'll be back next week so keep your hand in your pocket! :greengrin

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 05:25 PM

This is ridiculous.

Yeh wind up and sense of humour failure in my view

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Yeh wind up and sense of humour failure in my view
:agree:
Massive sense of humour failure thinking it's funny to go out your way to tell someone a score they're trying to avoid.

Hibee87
04-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I feel this is going to escalate into a free blackpool hibs saga, has it been brought to the attention of the compliance offer yet?

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 05:30 PM
BH.

If I was looking in as an outsider, I'd be laughing my nuts off and telling the missus about this (although I told the missus anyway and she just tutted and muttered 'tragic' under her breath).

I'm looking in as a non outsider, Mrs Beefster is correct though, tragic is the word or maybe its grease I cannae remember.

Beefster
04-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Massive sense of humour failure thinking it's funny to go out your way to tell someone a score they're trying to avoid.

To be fair, if there's one way to not get what you want, it's announce it in a 'everyone should adapt to my will' stylee on the Internet.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 05:33 PM
To be fair, if there's one way to not get what you want, it's announce it in a 'everyone should adapt to my will' stylee on the Internet.

Can't wait for next week's match thread. It's going to be epic.

By the way Rodgers has been sacked!

Ronster117
04-10-2015, 05:34 PM
:top marks

Lee Marvin
04-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Ten, TEN pages!

I for one can't wait for the next matchday thread.... Haha

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:36 PM
I think the match thread showed that. There was no need to follow it onto another thread though.

That's the issue for me. Where does that thread go, where someone's trying to have a bit of dialogue about the situation, when folk wind them up by posting the scores?

For me, that is trolling. It wasn't funny or clever, it was rude and disrespectful. Completely unnecessary IMHO.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:37 PM

There's no game next week, but I'm avoiding it anyway. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Agreed. Though I do love a chipolata sausage, yet only have them with chicken for some reason.

I enjoy Brussel Sprouts on Xmas Day, the rest of the year I'd rather have a couple of extra roast tatties, mental eh?

Stax
04-10-2015, 05:38 PM

I nearly started a thread but don't know if it's been announced on BBC yet :whistle::whistle:

Andy74
04-10-2015, 05:39 PM
I think the match thread showed that. There was no need to follow it onto another thread though.

That's the issue for me. Where does that thread go, where someone's trying to have a bit of dialogue about the situation, when folk wind them up by posting the scores?

For me, that is trolling. It wasn't funny or clever, it was rude and disrespectful. Completely unnecessary IMHO.

To be fair I think it was a reaction to the way the subject was approached. There have always been updates but there were straight accusations of being lazy and arrogant for doing so.

sleeping giant
04-10-2015, 05:42 PM
I don't know why folk are saying this is a terrible thread :greengrin.
Best thread for ages.

I record the F1 and purposely don't log on to Facebook , Twitter and here.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:46 PM
To be fair I think it was a reaction to the way the subject was approached. There have always been updates but there were straight accusations of being lazy and arrogant for doing so.

That as may be, it was uncalled for - anyone could see that it was a subject that was causing some level of aggravation - whether that was in proportion to the subject or not is another matter, so stoking the flames on a separate thread was only ever going to get one side's backs up.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 05:51 PM
There's no game next week, but I'm avoiding it anyway. :greengrin

Aw crap. I hate international breaks.

pedroorange1875
04-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Someone somewhere has just scored to make it 1-0 against the other nondescript team playing at the same time in a stadium

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2015, 05:53 PM
IMHO, it's not something that admins should have to moderate. There's a couple of threads on a matchday - a hibs one, and an 'other games' one.
We don't want folk tip-toeing around threads so we'd just ask that users respect other users.

We've never had a policy that threads shouldn't contain other scores in case someone wants to watch MotD, and we're not about to create one.

It's a minor point that's somehow got laughably out of hand but it comes down to people just showing a bit of consideration to other people - be that by not posting scores so that folk that want to avoid them can do so, or accepting that people will post scores so either just living with it or leaving hibs.net alone for a few hours.

that sounds awfy common sensible to me, utterly ridiculous someone looking at a football forum and hoping not to see the results of..ermm...football games, whether games be in scotland/engerlund/or planet ****** pluto jeezypeeps, no real

matty_f
04-10-2015, 05:54 PM
that sounds awfy common sensible to me, utterly ridiculous someone looking at a football forum and hoping not to see the results of..ermm...football games, whether games be in scotland/engerlund/or planet ****** pluto jeezypeeps, no real

Common sense will never catch on!

Mr White
04-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Common sense will never catch on!

It's been some shift for you this weekend matty!

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 05:59 PM

Ffs, I'm watching the 10 o clock news tonight. Thanks for ruining it.

matty_f
04-10-2015, 06:01 PM
It's been some shift for you this weekend matty!

:hilarious: Aye!!

Mr White
04-10-2015, 06:04 PM
:hilarious: Aye!!

Never mind, it's double time on a sunday right? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
04-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Aw crap. I hate international breaks.
Don't watch it then [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

matty_f
04-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Never mind, it's double time on a sunday right? :greengrin

What's double nowt? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
04-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Or if you want to post scores from the other matches or discuss them **** off to the thread specifically set up to discuss 'today's other matches'

Being otherwise engaged yesterday I missed the events if not the fallout. Clearly you need the match-day thread more than anything in life. Except of course, the English Premier League Match Of The Day highlights six hours later? Christ. Nae wonder you're getting nae nookie.

Iggy Pope
04-10-2015, 06:23 PM
If I ever want to avoid a football score, the last thing I would do is come on the internet.

I agree.:greengrin

Seems also that a thread was specifically opened asking for no score updates but the urge to look at the updates proved irresistible.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 06:26 PM

And still no apology why my match day thread was never opened. :cb

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2015, 06:27 PM
I feel this is going to escalate into a free blackpool hibs saga

There's definitely only one Blackpool Hibs?

****ing hope so anyway.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 06:29 PM

Are we playing next week. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
04-10-2015, 06:38 PM

You are at the Wynd up, so not sure if I can tell you the Scotland score I am predicting :wink:

easty
04-10-2015, 06:39 PM

Naw, but I'll be doing the score updates in advance. So if you dont want to know the score before you're actually at the game then stay off the thread.

silverhibee
04-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Naw, but I'll be doing the score updates in advance. So if you dont want to know the score before you're actually at the game then stay off the thread.

I'll be in the bookies in advance.

Lago
04-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Thing is I actually think most agree...

At risk of repeating myself

One thread for mostly Hibs stuff and the other for non Hibs game day stuff, we agree there's goon to be crossover, that happens.
IF seine then pops up and says, hey folks I'm recording xxxxx v xxxxxx for later try and no mention that on here..... Is it really to much to ask for folks to not DELIBERATELY go out their way to post said info.

For me it's really that simple and I just can't understand why anyone thinks that's such a big issue?

AND I can't believe this thread is still going ....... And before you say it I know I ain't helping LOL!
And if you miss the request to not post scores and you do in all innocence you get banned, what nonsense!!!!!!.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2015, 06:56 PM
And if you miss the request to not post scores and you do in all innocence you get banned, what nonsense!!!!!!.

Think I read you'd get a warning for that?

Maybe you innocently missed that post?

matty_f
04-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Going to close the thread here, but for clarification:

-no change in rules, we'll continue to have a Hibs match day thread and an 'Other games' thread.
-ask that people show consideration for others.
-be aware that you may see other scores on the match thread, as we will not be deleting them.

When the threads start, we'll let the users decide how they evolve. All we ask is that rules are followed and that users show respect to others.