PDA

View Full Version : Best defence in the UK..

KeithTheHibby
03-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Just saying...

#FromTheCapital
03-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Petries fault

Onceinawhile
03-10-2015, 10:07 PM
We might have conceded the least goals, but if our full backs were contributing half as much as travernier and Wallace going forward, we'd have a few more points.

marinello59
03-10-2015, 10:09 PM
We might have conceded the least goals, but if our full backs were contributing half as much as travernier and Wallace going forward, we'd have a few more points.

Wow!

Alex Trager
03-10-2015, 10:11 PM

Zzzz

Ringothedog
03-10-2015, 10:14 PM

Thank you for stating the obvious and turning a positive into a negative. Shakes head in disbelief!!!

poolman
03-10-2015, 10:17 PM

Flaming heck 😠

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 10:18 PM

Unbelievable :hilarious

matty_f
03-10-2015, 10:19 PM

:agree: i don't know how those defenders can sleep at night. Utter disgrace.

:rolleyes:

marinello59
03-10-2015, 10:19 PM
Anyway.... For me today's victory was built on the calm, controlled performance of our back four. Hanlon in particular impressed.

Greencore
03-10-2015, 10:20 PM

Shut up and enjoy the fact your team won 3-0? FFS!

Sergey
03-10-2015, 10:20 PM
Just saying...

What are you basing this stat on?

Serious question, as it's surely not on the quality of the opposition.

Mikey09
03-10-2015, 10:21 PM

And see if we got half the pens The Rangers were awarded... You get the idea! :greengrin

matty_f
03-10-2015, 10:23 PM
What are you basing this stat on?

Serious question, as it's surely not on the quality of the opposition.

Does anyone base their stats on the quality of the opposition?

Borderhibbie76
03-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Funny how when we win like today there are about 3 or 4 threads about the match, last week when we drew this place was in meltdown. Sad indeed then a really positive thread lile this one is tarnished by some of the usual suspects....dearie me

Mikey09
03-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Does anyone base their stats on the quality of the opposition?

No matty... Sensible people base performances on the quality of the opposition. Stats are stats! Same old negative posters hijacking a thread to have there nightly dig at Hibs... Bizarre behaviour.

BIGK
03-10-2015, 10:34 PM
****** me. I am by far and away the most pragmatic person I know but to make a negative out of the fact we are the best defence in Britain :rolleyes:

matty_f
03-10-2015, 10:36 PM
****** me. I am by far and away the most pragmatic person I know but to make a negative out of the fact we are the best defence in Britain :rolleyes:

What are you basing how pragmatic a person you are on? Is it the quality of other posters? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
03-10-2015, 10:39 PM

Both full backs were excellent today and Lewis got two assists but don't let that stop you having a pop

Sergey
03-10-2015, 10:39 PM
We have the best defence in the UK :not worth

I think otherwise.

portyhibernian
03-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Sorry to be the one to say this but Welsh side TNS have only conceded 3! Second best though!

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Sorry to be the one to say this but Welsh side TNS have only conceded 3! Second best though!

Aye but you've got to judge the opposition too, mind. :greengrin

portycabbage
03-10-2015, 10:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/welsh/tables

:nerd:

poolman
03-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Its a good job we've not got Artur Boric in goals 😁

SaulGoodman
We have the best defence in the UK :not worth

I think otherwise.

Did we not keep a clean sheet against the league leaders in Scotland?

#FromTheCapital
Petries fault

BIGK
What are you basing how pragmatic a person you are on? Is it the quality of other posters? :greengrin

It's based on the number of eye rolls :rolleyes: I get from the wife when I complement the opposition play. Which was quite a lot today. Thought they kept and used the ball quite well. Aw crap there I go again.:greengrin

marinello59
03-10-2015, 10:53 PM
No matty... Sensible people base performances on the quality of the opposition. Stats are stats! Same old negative posters hijacking a thread to have there nightly dig at Hibs... Bizarre behaviour.

No, it's not bizarre. They're just coming the **** as Begbie would say. :greengrin

Mikey09
03-10-2015, 10:59 PM
No, it's not bizarre. They're just coming the **** as Begbie would say. :greengrin

Jeezo... Didn't realise they were trying to be funny and come the ****!! Now I know that they're really, really funny. :yawn2:

Craig_HFC
03-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Surprise surprise Sergey is being negative about Hibs again.

I'd be surprised if he even remembered where Easter Road is.

Think he should stick to the pub leagues in England...

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
03-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Surprise surprise Sergey is being negative about Hibs again.

I'd be surprised if he even remembered where Easter Road is.

Think he should stick to the pub leagues in England...

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Or his financial predictions about the Yams demise...

MJN1875
04-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Just saying...

As good as our defensive record is I think you'll find this is currently TNS IN Wales who have this!

Jack
04-10-2015, 06:21 AM
As good as our defensive record is I think you'll find this is currently TNS IN Wales who have this!

woohoo we nearly have the best defence in the UK!

bingo70
04-10-2015, 06:40 AM

Can we not just do what hearts do and say we've got the best defence in Britain and ignore the other teams in Britain that have a better defensive record?

Steve20
04-10-2015, 06:50 AM
And see if we got half the pens The Rangers were awarded... You get the idea! :greengrin

We're not this far behind Rangers because of penalty decisions. Paranoia or what.

But that defensive stat is very impressive. Good to see we have tightened up at the back.

marinello59
04-10-2015, 07:00 AM
We're not this far behind Rangers because of penalty decisions. Paranoia or what.

But that defensive stat is very impressive. Good to see we have tightened up at the back.

Totally agree, we are where we are because of our own early season failings. The signs are good for the rest of the season though. We will learn a hell of a lot from the next Sevco game.

Joe's ice cream
04-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Don't thinks are current defensive form is so good since the introduction of Barltey - thought he had another assured performance yesterday

Jdawg
04-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Or his financial predictions about the Yams demise...

He's got contacts in Lithuania don't you know and is also an insolvency practitioner haha

emerald green
04-10-2015, 09:46 AM
There are lies, damned lies, and statistics (as someone once said).

Hibs are defending very well against the opposition they are up against as several clean sheets shows, and that includes against Aberdeen, although the sheep got a pounding yesterday from St Johnstone.

I heard Liam Craig scored and played well too, but he's s**** seemingly.

AngusHibby
04-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Just saying...

How many of the goals that we've conceded have been unstoppable free kicks as well? Tavernier and one against Dumbarton iirc

Borderhibbie76
04-10-2015, 10:02 AM
He's got contacts in Lithuania don't you know and is also an insolvency practitioner haha
😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 10:36 AM
So we're saying that by virtue of having conceded the least goals that Mark oxley is the best goalie in the UK?

Perhaps tightest defence would be more applicable?

The idea we have the best defence in the UK is nonsense and was called out as such.

Mr White
04-10-2015, 10:38 AM
So we're saying that by virtue of having conceded the least goals that Mark oxley is the best goalie in the UK?

Perhaps tightest defence would be more applicable?

The idea we have the best defence in the UK is nonsense and was called out as such.

Best defensive record is surely the most appropriate description.

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Best defensive record is surely the most appropriate description.

Indeed, and if the thread had said that, I would have said something along the lines of. Wow that's interesting, I didn't know that. Well done to the defence.

Malthibby
04-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Don't thinks are current defensive form is so good since the introduction of Barltey - thought he had another assured performance yesterday

Must be good stuff.....:wink:

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Edit: not worth it

portycabbage
04-10-2015, 11:20 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/welsh/tables

:nerd:

Way ahead of you!:wink:

Hibbyradge
04-10-2015, 11:24 AM

2 assists from Lewis Stevenson today.

J-C
04-10-2015, 11:28 AM

Sssshhhhhhh! you're not allowed to point out obvious and good facts like that on here :greengrin

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 11:33 AM

Yup. 2 assists and a clean sheet, he should be delighted with his day today.

Doesn't change the fact that other full backs have contributed more to their team. 5 goals each for Wallace and tavernier.o

SaulGoodman
04-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Yup. 2 assists and a clean sheet, he should be delighted with his day today.

Doesn't change the fact that other full backs have contributed more to their team. 5 goals each for Wallace and tavernier.o

What wages do you think Wallace and Tavernier are on and do you think we have any chance of spending the same as The Rangers?

KeithTheHibby
04-10-2015, 11:37 AM
You would think it would be the Jambo trolls on here who would try and mock our defensive record but hey ho, seems a few ahem 'hibbys' feel the need to do so..sigh.

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 11:42 AM
What wages do you think Wallace and Tavernier are on and do you think we have any chance of spending the same as The Rangers?

No idea and no I don't. But that question isn't relevant to the discussion.

It was mooted that we have the best defence in the UK. I disagreed. It wasn't qualified with - we have the best defence in the UK who are paid a certain amount.

If the question was do we have the best defence we can get on the money we pay I'd be far more inclined to agree.

Monts
04-10-2015, 11:54 AM
No idea and no I don't. But that question isn't relevant to the discussion.

It was mooted that we have the best defence in the UK. I disagreed. It wasn't qualified with - we have the best defence in the UK who are paid a certain amount.

If the question was do we have the best defence we can get on the money we pay I'd be far more inclined to agree.

Obviously nobody is saying our defence, man for man, is better than, say, man u, or arsenal. It's pretty obvious what was meant by the statement.

bingo70
04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Obviously nobody is saying our defence, man for man, is better than, say, man u, or arsenal. It's pretty obvious what was meant by the statement.

Unbelievable that statement has to be clarified.

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 12:35 PM

I disagree. The OP in full is:

Best defence in the UK.

Just saying...

Not, our defence has conceded very few goals and is doing superbly. Most teams would want a record like that in any league.

It also didn't say we've conceded the least goals in the UK or anything like that.

Monts
04-10-2015, 12:39 PM

Best defence in the UK.

Just saying...

Not, our defence has conceded very few goals and is doing superbly. Most teams would want a record like that in any league.

It also didn't say we've conceded the least goals in the UK or anything like that.

So you actually thought the op reckoned our defence, man for man, was better than the top EPL teams?

Andy74
04-10-2015, 12:50 PM
So you actually thought the op reckoned our defence, man for man, was better than the top EPL teams?

Certainly Chelsea's!

Monts
04-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Certainly Chelsea's!

I said top EPL teams :wink:

CropleyWasGod
04-10-2015, 02:03 PM
Sergey never said that he was an IP.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
04-10-2015, 02:36 PM
We have the best defence in the Scottish Championship.

Which is good enough for me.

muz1875
04-10-2015, 02:40 PM

Best defence in the UK.

Just saying...

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

500miles
04-10-2015, 02:59 PM
As good as Travenier might be, he couldn't get past Lewis in the last game, nor could he deal with defending against St. Johnstone.

We, on the other hand, came away with a clean sheet against the form team in Scotland at the time.

Lewis Stevenson is an outstanding defender, and he rarely gives away a goal. He's not got the attacking threat that the Hun fullbacks have, but he chips in very regular with assists too - more than any other full back outside Newco too.

leggeto
04-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Really, best defense in Britain, impressive

Iain G
04-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Best defence in the UK.

Just saying...

It takes a special level of pedantry to not realise what the OP was talking about!

Keith_M
04-10-2015, 04:54 PM
It takes a special level of pedantry to not realise what the OP was talking about!

I don't think there's any pedantry involved, the OP defo said best defence in the UK.

Total exaggeration if taken at face value but everybody knows he was referring purely to the statistics (which are apparently wrong, oh well ;) )

Sergey
04-10-2015, 05:20 PM
We have the best defence in the Scottish Championship.

Which is good enough for me.

Which should actually be reworded as "We currently have the best defensive record in the Scottish Championship", or indeed out with one team in the Welsh League (without checking but I assume the quote to be correct), arguably the whole of the UK.

Only come the season's end will we know if we have the best defence in the Scottish Championship, or indeed the whole of UK league football.

We most certainly don't have the 'Best Defence in the UK' as per the OP*'

*This isn't trolling, merely stating fact rather than a play on words

greenlex
04-10-2015, 05:42 PM

Best defence in the UK.

Just saying...

I bet you're a right laugh at Parties. A new tightness in anal.

Jdawg
04-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Sergey never said that he was an IP.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I phrased my post incorrectly, what I meant was that he went on like he was one. In reality, most of his info was absolute nonsense.

marinello59
04-10-2015, 07:40 PM
I phrased my post incorrectly, what I meant was that he went on like he was one. In reality, most of his info was absolute nonsense.

Please stick to the issues instead of making things personal. I'm sure Sergey is big enough to stand up for himself so maybe you could address him directly.
Thanks.

FitbaFolkKen
04-10-2015, 07:51 PM
It is a cracking set of statistics. Can't believe all the talk of man for man, wages etc... on this thread.

Well done Hibs :gwa:

Sergey
04-10-2015, 07:57 PM

Please stick to the issues instead of making things personal. I'm sure Sergey is big enough to stand up for himself so maybe you could address him directly.
Thanks.

Indeed, J - Folks are only picking on me because I'm black.

Disclaimer: Not trolling (I'm maybe better to include this sub line in my signature)

HibsNutter
04-10-2015, 08:04 PM

Valid point. :agree: