PDA

View Full Version : One goal conceded in ten and a half hours of football.

Carheenlea
03-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Full marks to our defence for a very impressive statistic. Oxley had to look lively to tip one effort over the bar but overall a largely untroubled afternoon for our back line.

MJN1875
03-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Full marks to our defence for a very impressive statistic. Oxley had to look lively to tip one effort over the bar but overall a largely untroubled afternoon for our back line.

Oxley has been outstanding every game I've been at this season.

NthCarolinaHibs
03-10-2015, 09:18 PM
What was the story with Fontaine,the day

Jonnyboy
03-10-2015, 09:29 PM
What was the story with Fontaine,the day

Slight niggle, apparently. Probably didn't want to risk him on the plastic pitch

Alfred E Newman
03-10-2015, 09:36 PM

It is impressive. Especially when you consider that , according to some posts on here , we have the worst goalkeeper and worst centre half in the league.

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 09:40 PM
It is impressive. Especially when you consider that , according to some posts on here , we have the worst goalkeeper and worst centre half in the league.

Yip. A goalkeeper who according to some NEVER made a save, unless you of course you ignore the ones he did.

Onion
03-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Good shout. Sevco's 100% annihilation of all before them (St J was a freak) has ensured facts like these have gone completely unnoticed. Stubbs and Hibs deserve much credit for what's going on at ER.

NthCarolinaHibs
03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Slight niggle, apparently. Probably didn't want to risk him on the plastic pitch

Sound....Glad it's nothing serious

Forza Fred
03-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Sometimes the strikers get all the credit, and the excellence of the defence goes unnoticed, or at least unheralded.

Nature of the beast I suppose, just as a striker can miss a few chances, and it's seen as 'part of the game' but should a goalie make ONE solitary blunder, he is castigated unmercifully!

Good to see the guys at the back get some plaudits.

Like to say long may it continue....but when is our next game....:greengrin

whiskyhibby
04-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Agree that's a great stat in any league, well done to the defence this term so far[emoji106]

Onceinawhile
04-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Conceding 1 goal in 7 games is very impressive. Shows how well we are working as a unit.

Malthibby
04-10-2015, 10:43 AM

You forgot the pish full backs as well. It's a miracle we don't lose 6 a week.
GG

My_Wife_Camille
04-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Yip. A goalkeeper who according to some NEVER made a save, unless you of course you ignore the ones he did.
Oxley has been much better this season, especially since the Dumbarton game. His improvement is welcomed but let's not pretend that he didn't deserve his previous criticism :rolleyes:

jgl07
04-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Oxley has been much better this season, especially since the Dumbarton game. His improvement is welcomed but let's not pretend that he didn't deserve his previous criticism :rolleyes:
Yes but his goal scoring this season has been rubbish.

Sir David Gray
04-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Very happy with our defence so far this season.

It puts a lot less pressure on the strikers when the defence is as tight as it has been so far.

PatHead
04-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Last season we lost far too many silly goals, particularly from cross balls.

Looking much better now.

liamh2202
04-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Don't think its a coincidence that big ox has stepped up since we signed a new keeper to compete for the jersey

leggeto
04-10-2015, 03:23 PM

I'm a big critic of the ox,so long as he doesn't make any silly mistakes I'm happy

MWHIBBIES
04-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Oxley has been much better this season, especially since the Dumbarton game. His improvement is welcomed but let's not pretend that he didn't deserve his previous criticism :rolleyes:He didn't deserve it and I'm not pretending, it was pathetic.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't think Oxley is doing anything different to last year. Generally solid but like all keepers will have the odd moment. He does limit them though. We are defending a bit better as a team though and Bartley is a big factor.

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't think Oxley is doing anything different to last year. Generally solid but like all keepers will have the odd moment. He does limit them though. We are defending a bit better as a team though and Bartley is a big factor.

He is immense, what an engine he has. Also agree our defence in general is performing a lot better.

CallumLaidlaw
05-10-2015, 09:29 AM
I DO think Oxley has been better this season. He was decent enough last season, but i don't really recall him making very many "excellent" saves. He seems to make one nearly every match this season, so I would say his shot stopping has improved.

And I agree on Bartley. He is exactly what we needed.