PDA

View Full Version : Malonga

Dinkydoo
03-10-2015, 05:06 PM
Malonga appreciation thread: thought the big guy was fantastic today. Involved in 2 clever pieces of play leading up to the first two goals, told a QoTS fan to shut up, was spotted doing pressups in the 2nd half, oozed class all day.

Man of The Match for me.

Libby Hibby
03-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Good to hear

hibsbollah
03-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Theres threads like this every week, yet theres always some bellend who claims hes 'lazy'.

Our most naturally talented player IMO.

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Someone will be along shortly to say that he is capable of it when he chooses to be.

MJN1875
03-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Malonga appreciation thread: thought the big guy was fantastic today. Involved in 2 clever pieces of play leading up to the first two goals, told a QoTS fan to shut up, was spotted doing pressups in the 2nd half, oozed class all day.

Man of The Match for me.

Press ups?

Glad to hear he had a good game, I think hel have a good season.

Dinkydoo
03-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Press ups?

Glad to hear he had a good game, I think hel have a good season.
Yea, he fell over at one point, lay on the ground for a few seconds before bashing out two pressups when getting up :hilarious:

Stuarty27
03-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Best he has played in months today.

The most frustrating thing about him is he has performances like today in his locker but will do next to nothing the next two or three games.

Onceinawhile
03-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Yea, he fell over at one point, lay on the ground for a few seconds before bashing out two pressups when getting up :hilarious:

Lay on the ground for a few seconds? Typical lazy Malonga.

DaveF
03-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Someone will be along shortly to say that he is capable of it when he chooses to be.

Any need? This post is just as bad as the ones you say are on their way. Its boring.

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 06:02 PM

The most frustrating thing about him is he has performances like today in his locker but will do next to nothing the next two or three games.

I love Malonga.

My_Wife_Camille
03-10-2015, 06:04 PM
King Dom was different class today. Deserve to keep his place in the team

Craig_HFC
03-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Long live the King!

Andy74
03-10-2015, 06:10 PM

35 minutes is shortly I suppose.

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Do Do Do

Dominic Malonga

California-Hibs
03-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Not sure the stats, but I feel we win far more regularly when Malonga starts to when he doesn't? Well done King Dom!

Borderhibbie76
03-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Malonga was class today...head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch when it comes to natural talent!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

portyhibernian
03-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Played well today, nice one King Dom!!

Andy74
03-10-2015, 06:29 PM
A pity he didn't score. I believe he had a Richard Gordon t shirt underneath.

R'Albin
03-10-2015, 06:31 PM

I heard his shirt actually had the English scores on it.

portycabbage
03-10-2015, 06:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLDo6EZ8nbA

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 06:34 PM
I heard his shirt actually had the English scores on it.

a source tells me he scours .net in the dressing rooms at HT for other results

Ronster117
03-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Lay on the ground for a few seconds? Typical lazy Malonga.
:partyhibb:cheers:

hibsbollah
03-10-2015, 06:45 PM

:top marks

Was I Substituted after 20 minutes?

Billy Whizz
03-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Everything good about Hibs today went through Dom. Just a shame that we didn't play through him a lot more. Too many high balls to Jason for my liking, who was fortunate to stay on the park

LancashireHibby
03-10-2015, 07:12 PM
I think he can be incredibly frustrating on some days, but today wasn't one of them. Very impressive performance, good on him.

lord bunberry
03-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Not sure the stats, but I feel we win far more regularly when Malonga starts to when he doesn't? Well done King Dom!

I agree him and Cummings are a potent strike force.

MJN1875
03-10-2015, 07:35 PM

Clearly confidence is oozing out of him, I think he's going to be one of our best players this season.

Any confidence Aberdeen had as a team appears to have been absorbed by malonga!

QMU-1875
03-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Could people start referring to him as Malongoals. Thank you.

The_Horde
03-10-2015, 07:58 PM

That's awlroite

J-C
03-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Glad to hear he played well, on his day he's the best striker in the Championship, his all round play when he's up for it is top notch.

BIGK
03-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Man of the match for me , even my 10 year old daughter whose interest in football is minimal thought he was the' best guy on the pitch'.

Carheenlea
03-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Dominique was a joy to watch this afternoon. When in this form alongside Jason Cummings we really do look dangerous in attack. Showed some delightful footwork on the artificial pitch, which to be fair, didn`t look too bad a surface.

MJN1875
03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Everything good about Hibs today went through Dom. Just a shame that we didn't play through him a lot more. Too many high balls to Jason for my liking, who was fortunate to stay on the park

I wasn't there today but was at the Aberdeen and st mirren games and felt Jason was lucky to stay on in either game. Thing is he can create a moment of magic like all good strikers as he showed against aberdeen and this will be why Stubbs keeps him on. Must say I'd like to see feruz soon though.

LancashireHibby
03-10-2015, 09:07 PM
I wasn't there today but was at the Aberdeen and st mirren games and felt Jason was lucky to stay on in either game. Thing is he can create a moment of magic like all good strikers as he showed against aberdeen and this will be why Stubbs keeps him on. Must say I'd like to see feruz soon though.

Cummings was lucky to stay on today for an entirely different reason. Good decision from Stubbs to take him off before he was sent off. He played well otherwise, mind.

MJN1875
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Cummings was lucky to stay on today for an entirely different reason. Good decision from Stubbs to take him off before he was sent off. He played well otherwise, mind.

Oh right, so he had a good game today obv apart from scoring? Glad to hear it.

LancashireHibby
03-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh right, so he had a good game today obv apart from scoring? Glad to hear it.

Yeah he kept himself busy and was always looking for the ball to link up with others. We definitely seemed more inclined to play it on the deck which may or may not be related to the plastic pitch.

My_Wife_Camille
03-10-2015, 09:44 PM
You need a #DoublePlease

The_Horde
03-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Malonga is by far the most talented player I've ever seen at Hibs. Will go onto better things than us. Class apart

green day
03-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Malonga is by far the most talented player I've ever seen at Hibs. Will go onto better things than us. Class apart

Some might see that post as trolling.

Allant1981
03-10-2015, 09:58 PM

He is good but not even the most talented in our squad in my opinion, hopefully he keeps up the good performances

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Controversial. Depends on your age I suppose.

craigmounthibby
03-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Best overall game from Dom since we played at the midden in January before the Africa cup of nations. Running off the ball too 😉

MJN1875
03-10-2015, 11:51 PM

Steady

marinello59
04-10-2015, 07:04 AM

Fair comment given your age I guess but even us old guys would argue that Deeks for one would compare favourably. He is very good though, the best player on the pitch yesterday by a mile.

Sammy7nil
04-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Fair comment given your age I guess but even us old guys would argue that Deeks for one would compare favourably. He is very good though, the best player on the pitch yesterday by a mile.

LOL the original poster is young so lets give him the benefit of the doubt. But Dom is no where near Deek and should not be mentioned in the same breath. There are easily 50 - 100 players over the last 30 years that are much better that Dom remember the level we are playing! That is not to say Dom is not a good player he is but please lets not get silly here.

EdinMike
04-10-2015, 07:24 AM
I'de put Francisco Luna as one of those players...

Andy74
04-10-2015, 10:36 AM
LOL the original poster is young so lets give him the benefit of the doubt. But Dom is no where near Deek and should not be mentioned in the same breath. There are easily 50 - 100 players over the last 30 years that are much better that Dom remember the level we are playing! That is not to say Dom is not a good player he is but please lets not get silly here.

Whilst I agree we've had many better players I think saying he is nowhere near Riordan is pushing it.

In terms of technique and football brain I'd say he is better than Riordan. He doesn't have that same ability to finish from long range regularly though.

They are totally different types of player and Dom has already probably played at better levels elsewhere than Derek managed.

Could Dom score as many goals if he played the same amount of games for us? Probably not but he also brings a lot of other things go to the team.

I would be interested in your list of 100 Hibs players from the last 30 years that are better than Dom though!

BroxburnHibee
04-10-2015, 11:16 AM
MOTM by a mile.

Sammy7nil
04-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Whilst I agree we've had many better players I think saying he is nowhere near Riordan is pushing it.

In terms of technique and football brain I'd say he is better than Riordan. He doesn't have that same ability to finish from long range regularly though.

They are totally different types of player and Dom has already probably played at better levels elsewhere than Derek managed.

Could Dom score as many goals if he played the same amount of games for us? Probably not but he also brings a lot of other things go to the team.

I would be interested in your list of 100 Hibs players from the last 30 years that are better than Dom though!

Riordan might top that list :greengrin players like Jackson Durie Weir Wright McAllister O'Neil that is 5 from the same team without getting in to Mowbray and McLeish's teams. Over 30 years we have had some great players in poor teams. Most different from Dom many may even be defenders but are better players and brought more than Dom. As i said before that does not make him a bad player he is obviously good but lets not get carried away. Remember will play aginst part timers in this league.

Andy74
04-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Riordan might top that list :greengrin players like Jackson Durie Weir Wright McAllister O'Neil that is 5 from the same team without getting in to Mowbray and McLeish's teams. Over 30 years we have had some great players in poor teams. Most different from Dom many may even be defenders but are better players and brought more than Dom. As i said before that does not make him a bad player he is obviously good but lets not get carried away. Remember will play aginst part timers in this league.

Some of his best moments have been against teams in the league above though. I think he would be even better for us if we were playing teams who were trying to make a game of it.

MJN1875
04-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Best I've seen play for hibs, latapy, sauzee, griffiths, Murphy, Harper, oconnor, riordan, brown, Thomson, agathe and zitelli.

Hoping malonga, Cummings, Henderson, mcginn, mcgeoch, elalgui and feruz all achieve this status eventually.

JimBHibees
04-10-2015, 07:34 PM

At it and trolling it big time.

HoboHarry
04-10-2015, 07:35 PM

You must have been a toddler when Russell and Franck were playing for us if your statement is true.

The_Horde
04-10-2015, 07:41 PM
At it and trolling it big time.

Not trolling, but there was definitely a hint of sarcasm in the post. He definitely gets a much rougher time than he should.

Games like yesterday where he's allowed to roam and drop deep is when Dom Is at his best. And he's definitely our most gifted player. Just wish his teammates could use him more.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Not trolling, but there was definitely a hint of sarcasm in the post. He definitely gets a much rougher time than he should.

Games like yesterday where he's allowed to roam and drop deep is when Dom Is at his best. And he's definitely our most gifted player. Just wish his teammates could use him more.

I agree with your last sentence

MJN1875
04-10-2015, 07:54 PM

Henderson mcgeoch mcginn and feruz all more talented players imo

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Henderson mcgeoch mcginn and feruz all more talented players imo

Is your opinion on Feruz based on other people's opinions or have you seen a lot of him?

MJN1875
04-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Is your opinion on Feruz based on other people's opinions or have you seen a lot of him?

I have seen him once on his debut for us, and plenty of footage of him playing for Chelsea and Scotland and he is so unbelievably talented. It's just a matter of getting his attitude sorted.

eastterrace
04-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Best I've seen play for hibs, latapy, sauzee, griffiths, Murphy, Harper, oconnor, riordan, brown, Thomson, agathe and zitelli.

Hoping malonga, Cummings, Henderson, mcginn, mcgeoch, elalgui and feruz all achieve this status eventually.

you missed out marc libra now he was a player.

Scouse Hibee
04-10-2015, 08:35 PM
I have seen him once on his debut for us, and plenty of footage of him playing for Chelsea and Scotland and he is so unbelievably talented. It's just a matter of getting his attitude sorted.

Not much then giving I don't think he has played in Chelsea first team and not too many Scotland appearances either.

MJN1875
04-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Not much then giving I don't think he has played in Chelsea first team and not too many Scotland appearances either.

Yeah but if you go and watch you can see how talented he is. It's there for everyone to see.

MJN1875
04-10-2015, 09:02 PM
you missed out marc libra now he was a player.

You know what, it's funny you mention him. I was thinking about adding him, he was decent, but I just don't think he was good enough to be in that list!