PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Matchday thread closed

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2015, 05:00 PM
If the admins are going to close the matchday thread because of the ongoing discussion regarding whether or not results from the EPL should be posted on it, then I would like you to comment on the matter.

From my point of view I don't think its in the least bit unreasonable to ask people to restrict posts on that thread to scores from the Scottish Championship and the Hearts game .... Its not as if there isn't a thread every time Hibs play dedicated to scores from other leagues that they can post on, otherwise why bother having one at all.

Its evident from the comments other people made that I'm not the only one whose enjoyment of the matchday thread, not to mention Match of the Day, is being spoiled by this.

oneone73
03-10-2015, 05:02 PM
If the admins are going to close the matchday thread because of the ongoing discussion regarding whether or not results from the EPL should be posted on it, then I would like you to comment on the matter.

From my point of view I don't think its in the least bit unreasonable to ask people to restrict posts on that thread to scores from the Scottish Championship and the Hearts game .... Its not as if there isn't a thread every time Hibs play dedicated to scores from other leagues that they can post on, otherwise why bother having one at all.

Its evident from the comments other people made that I'm not the only one whose enjoyment of the matchday thread, not to mention Match of the Day, is being spoiled by this.

Agree

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:04 PM

It's a bit old school.

Avoiding social media, the news, the radio etc.

What do you do on match day at Easter Road or in the pub with Soccer Saturday?

For me it's a choice and one only a limited amount of people see through these days.

I think just like the TV, the radio, the game, the pub, it is natural to talk football scores on a match thread.

If you just want the Hibs scores use your phone to follow in a way that works for you. You don't have to look at a football forum match thread.

liamh2202
03-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Agree

+1

liamh2202
03-10-2015, 05:07 PM
It's a bit old school.

For me it's a choice and one only a limited amount of people see through these days.

I think just like the TV, the radio, the game, the pub, it is natural to talk football scores on a match thread.

If you just want the Hibs scores use your phone to follow in a way that works for you. You don't have to look at a football forum match thread.

Bottom line is people get pulled up all the time for posting non relevant stuff on threads..... Why should the hibs updates one be any different?

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 05:07 PM
I can see why people might want to avoid scores. I don't have a problem with that. In fact I stopped posting other scores the first time it was mentioned.

The fact that people that were posting other scores were being called lazy, arrogant and selfish was the bit that pissed me off. Absolutely no need and you can't expect everyone to have the same mindset as you.

greenlex
03-10-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm with Andy. If you really don't want to know the scores avoid all possibilities. It's a fitba forum. Someone's gonna post a score even in the wrong place if rules were put in place. It's not really rocket science to be fair.

oneone73
03-10-2015, 05:10 PM
I can see why people might want to avoid scores. I don't have a problem with that. In fact I stopped posting other scores the first time it was mentioned.

The fact that people that were posting other scores were being called lazy, arrogant and selfish was the bit that pissed me off. Absolutely no need and you can't expect everyone to have the same mindset as you.

All I said was it was annoying, which it was. No need for WW3

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 05:12 PM
If there is a seperate thread for other games then I don' t think its being unreasonable to expect the scores involving non Hibs fixtures to be posted there.

matty_f
03-10-2015, 05:12 PM
I think it's not too much to ask for people to respect that if there's a separate thread for other games then the match update thread is kept for match updates.

Showing folk a bit of common courtesy isn't going to hurt anyone.

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Bottom line is people get pulled up all the time for posting non relevant stuff on threads..... Why should the hibs updates one be any different?

Due to other stuff being non relevant tangents?

Talking match day scores on match day is a natural thing that happens everywhere else that fans gather.

Have you asked the announcer not to read the scores at the game? What about folk that want to watch Sportscene? Ban any chat on our opponents games too?

If you are having to avoid the rest of the world through choice then avoid a football forum too.

BroxburnHibee
03-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Dear oh dear.

Hibs won today quite comfortably you know.

liamh2202
03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Due to other stuff being non relevant tangents?

Talking match day scores on match day is a natural thing that happens everywhere else that fans gather.

Have you asked the announcer not to read the scores at the game? What about folk that want to watch Sportscene? Ban any chat on our opponents games too?

If you are having to avoid the rest of the world through choice then avoid a football forum too.

What relevance does a man city score have on a hibs match day thread? I avoid the scores at easter road by not listening at half time... Not rocket science

Sergey
03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
You've got no chance of avoiding the scores if you use the iSpy function, which I assume you do, don't you, or do you continually hit the F5 button?

Follow the score on the BBC or Twitter and let us who are interested in other scores post them.

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 05:18 PM
What relevance does a man city score have on a hibs match day thread? I avoid the scores at easter road by not listening at half time... Not rocket science

I always wondered who the guy covering his ears at half time was :greengrin

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 05:18 PM
You've got no chance of avoiding the scores if you use the iSpy function, which I assume you do, don't you, or do you continually hit the F5 button?

Follow the score on the BBC or Twitter and let us who are interested in other scores post them.

Nobody's suggesting that you can't post them.

liamh2202
03-10-2015, 05:19 PM

I just refresh the hibs thread to see what other people at the game think of what's going on. Why don't you just use the correct thread to talk about other scores ?

liamh2202
03-10-2015, 05:20 PM

Selective hearing haha perfected over ten years of marriage

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:22 PM

Only over two threads so a small amount of people who have made a particular choice can just use one?

There are other ways just to get factual updates and no football chat.

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2015, 05:23 PM
It's a bit old school.

I like the matchday thread .... Why should I have to avoid it because people who could easily post EPL scores elsewhere are posting them there. I would also say that there are a million other places to see or discuss other scores if you want to. Theres only one matchday thread, is there not?

Sergey
03-10-2015, 05:24 PM

But surely Rangers drawing 1-1 is relevant to the Hibs thread, or am I missing something here?

Viva_Palmeiras
03-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I think it's not too much to ask for people to respect that if there's a separate thread for other games then the match update thread is kept for match updates.

Showing folk a bit of common courtesy isn't going to hurt anyone.

I blame The Apprentice... :)

Golden Bear
Only over two threads so a small amount of people who have made a particular choice can just use one?

There are other ways just to get factual updates and no football chat.

I honestly think we should drop this, we're bickering for the sake of bickering. It's a pity the travelling fans won't be able to make use of the matchday thread on their return.

tamig

Lol. The return of the Likely Lads 😀

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:27 PM
I like the matchday thread .... Why should I have to avoid it because people who could easily post EPL scores elsewhere are posting them there. I would also say that there are a million other places to see or discuss other scores if you want to. Theres only one matchday thread, is there not?

By the same token why should I move thread due to a choice you have made? You could easily get just the Hibs updates elsewhere.

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:29 PM
But surely Rangers drawing 1-1 is relevant to the Hibs thread, or am I missing something here?

Yep it seems to be specific to spoiling match of the day.

liamh2202
03-10-2015, 05:29 PM
By the same token why should I move thread due to a choice you have made? You could easily get just the Hibs updates elsewhere.

You can't get the football chat about the game elsewhere though can you?

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
You can't get the football chat about the game elsewhere though can you?

Well you take what you get with football chat then eh?

Monts
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Yep it seems to be specific to spoiling match of the day.

I think it's only games that will be on match of the day that people are trying to avoid

Hibby Bairn
03-10-2015, 05:37 PM
LOL. Pathetic.

PatHead
03-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Must admit I followed the match on the thread. I also posted that Fletcher had scored for Sunderland bearing in mind he was an ex Hibs player and the Scotland games this week. Is that unreasonable? Some folk also posted about one Man City player scoring a hat trick. I didn't feel the thread was dominated by other scores. I did however feel it was hijacked by certain posters moaning after full time about the discussion of scores rather than celebrating a very good win.

No-one mentioned the Leicester, Villa or Bournemouth scores as far as I am aware.

I don't see a problem with mentioning outstanding events on a matchday as I might be attracted to look it up.

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Must admit I followed the match on the thread. I also posted that Fletcher had scored for Sunderland bearing in mind he was an ex Hibs player and the Scotland games this week. Is that unreasonable? Some folk also posted about one Man City player scoring a hat trick. I didn't feel the thread was dominated by other scores. I did however feel it was hijacked by certain posters moaning after full time about the discussion of scores rather than celebrating a very good win.

No-one mentioned the Leicester, Villa or Bournemouth scores as far as I am aware.

I don't see a problem with mentioning outstanding events on a matchday as I might be attracted to look it up.

FFS don't mention them! :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
LOL. Pathetic.

this :agree: ffs it's a football forum :faf:

p.s. Halifax 1 Cheltenham 7 in the national league

S4uzee
03-10-2015, 05:42 PM
It's one of those threads where you think it's a joke but then realise it's not 😂

Brightside
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
It's one of those threads where you think it's a joke but then realise it's not 😂

Do people really avoid the results all day so they can watch MOTD? Is it 1976 again?

Beefster
03-10-2015, 05:45 PM
I sometimes wonder how amazing some folk's lives must be to get agitated about trivial pish like this.

Lago
03-10-2015, 05:47 PM

Bit difficult in this day and age to avoide it, I dont mind because I can pay less attention to the rubbish games, but like you I do look forward to MoTD on Sat .

Andy74
03-10-2015, 05:50 PM
this :agree: ffs it's a football forum :faf:

p.s. Halifax 1 Cheltenham 7 in the national league

I think it was in the 80s the last time I expected to avoid any scores to watch at night.

If I wanted to do so now I wouldn't expect the rest of the world to go out their way to make it easy for me. I would realise I just need to switch off all football chat.

The Hibs Twitter updates are detailed and regular. Quite easy just to refresh that and look at nothing else.

tamig
03-10-2015, 05:51 PM
Thank god Chelsea brought back John Terry. :greengrin

He's done now. Not before time. Don't mention the score though 😀

Gatecrasher
03-10-2015, 05:53 PM
My personal opinion is that if you want you avoid the scores then do so if that means missing out on the match day thread then so be it, I think it's unfair to expect others to live to someone else's quirks. Football on a Saturday is what it is and that includes checking up on scores up and down the country as part of the day for many at home on .net and at ER.

i know if I want to avoid an NFL result I don't dare go on that thread as it will most likely be spoiled.

Bristolhibby
03-10-2015, 05:54 PM

And going "La La La La".

J

Keith_M
03-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Thank goodness, after winning convincingly today, we still have something to argue about.

:greengrin

matty_f
03-10-2015, 06:00 PM
My personal opinion is that if you want you avoid the scores then do so if that means missing out on the match day thread then so be it, I think it's unfair to expect others to live to someone else's quirks. Football on a Saturday is what it is and that includes checking up on scores up and down the country as part of the day for many at home on .net and at ER.

i know if I want yo avoid an NFL result I don't dare go on that thread as it will most likely be spoiled.

I don't have a preference one way or the other, I sat with Soccer Saturday on so I knew the scores as they happened, but I can't get my head around why people won't make a concession to other people that want to avoid the scores.

There's a thread for folk to talk about other games, so that's not depriving anyone of the opportunity to talk about them, so when you use that nobody misses out, and then we're not having to have folk staying off the site. I genuinely don't see the issue there.

Ronniekirk
03-10-2015, 06:00 PM

Shocking behaviour Pat .I may have to think seriously about whether I can vote for you next time for fans rep :wink:

Andy74
03-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Id always thought the other matches thread came about due to games being on all day at different times and some folk who follow other teams having a bit more chat about them. I get not clogging up the main match thread with it but had never thought that any mention of other games was not allowed.

The folk that want such a thing could always start a clear thread of their own?

S4uzee
03-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Do people really avoid the results all day so they can watch MOTD? Is it 1976 again?

It looks like it 😆

c31
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
For us oldies who do not have a life, not knowing the scores is extremely important as it allows us to enjoy match of the day. If you look towards the back of the east stand you will observe 1/2 dozen of us with our fingers in our ears making funny noises at half time. I don't listen to r/Scotland for the same reasons.

Lee Marvin
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
This thread will be on other forums, ala the Celtic farter boy thread last week.

Hilarious!

Andy74
03-10-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't have a preference one way or the other, I sat with Soccer Saturday on so I knew the scores as they happened, but I can't get my head around why people won't make a concession to other people that want to avoid the scores.

There's a thread for folk to talk about other games, so that's not depriving anyone of the opportunity to talk about them, so when you use that nobody misses out, and then we're not having to have folk staying off the site. I genuinely don't see the issue there.

Why though? Life is happening now Matty. For those that choose to want to avoid events they have to work round it.

You can't expect concessions to meet various different preferences. It's the first time I can recall this being an issue. The world has changed in how we take in and discuss events.

SaulGoodman
03-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Can't really see why we need loads of different threads.
I think if you want to avoid spoilers you should
Try to avoid the Internet
You'd have to try hard because the news at
6 will report football scores

To be honest
Of course people could
Organise their posts better.
Not fair tbh and I'm not the only
1 who thinks that.

No spoilers here :wink:

Monts
03-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Why though? Life is happening now Matty. For those that choose to want to avoid events they have to work round it.

You can't expect concessions to meet various different preferences. It's the first time I can recall this being an issue. The world has changed in how we take in and discuss events.
There is a thread for non hibs related games though. It's quite easy to look/post in there.

I'm_cabbaged
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
See Chelsea are getting pumped.

matty_f
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Sadly, I'm closing this thread. Can't even get grown up discussion on the topic unfortunately.