PDA

View Full Version : Car Sharing / Meet Up

Amit
02-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or discussed. There are a number of Hibs supporters that travel a great distance to games. In such cases there is no supporters bus available to them. I was asked the question on how such supporters could get in touch with one another (particularly if they live near each other) as this would allow them to not only car share but also put them in touch with other Hibees in their locality. This would not only help cut down their travel costs but may also encourage some supporters back to Easter Road (as the wouldn't be going to the game on their own).

A couple of platforms out there that could be used are:

http://www.meetup.com/sdgiants/ (this is an example of how it could work)

https://liftshare.com/uk/account

Both are very easy to sign up to, (via Facebook is an option) and are pretty user friendly in terms of starting groups.

Any thoughts or views are welcome. I thought it would be useful to start this conversation on the forums!

Thanks,

Amit

liamh2202
02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or discussed. There are a number of Hibs supporters that travel a great distance to games. In such cases there is no supporters bus available to them. I was asked the question on how such supporters could get in touch with one another (particularly if they live near each other) as this would allow them to not only car share but also put them in touch with other Hibees in their locality. This would not only help cut down their travel costs but may also encourage some supporters back to Easter Road (as the wouldn't be going to the game on their own).

A couple of platforms out there that could be used are:

http://www.meetup.com/sdgiants/ (this is an example of how it could work)

https://liftshare.com/uk/account

Both are very easy to sign up to, (via Facebook is an option) and are pretty user friendly in terms of starting groups.

Any thoughts or views are welcome. I thought it would be useful to start this conversation on the forums!

Thanks,

Amit

Good idea amit . we use something similar for weekends in the forces

hibeesboii
02-10-2015, 06:26 PM
I travel from elgin, don't drive but use the trains. If anyone Fancy's meeting on them to go down then let me know and can be arranged.

MoscowHibs
02-10-2015, 06:46 PM
I travel through fae Forfar most home games and a few away, I hae at least 2 spare seats in the motor if it helps anyone oot on route. PM me if interested.

StevieT
02-10-2015, 07:28 PM
I travel through fae Forfar most home games and a few away, I hae at least 2 spare seats in the motor if it helps anyone oot on route. PM me if interested.

I'm just along the road from you in Letham

StevieC
02-10-2015, 09:03 PM
I travel from Perth by car.

Could the club not set something up on the website, specifically for Hibs games?

bingo70
02-10-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm amazed anybody wants to do this. What happens if you end up sharing a car with an absolute fud?! You'd have a nightmare shaking them off for the rest of the season! Was bad enough travelling on supporters busses when I used to go to away games!

Good luck to anyone giving it a go though.

dp00
02-10-2015, 09:19 PM
I travel from next door to the stadium so not required for me but I do think it's a good idea ... Even if it brings a few more folk to the game it's worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
02-10-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm amazed anybody wants to do this. What happens if you end up sharing a car with an absolute fud?! You'd have a nightmare shaking them off for the rest of the season! Was bad enough travelling on supporters busses when I used to go to away games!

Done it a few times from down here and always fortunate enough to meet good hibbies with roots in the city. Still up for it but the bands dwindling so my last two trips were by train alone. Cheaper to buy a car!

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-10-2015, 09:20 PM

Will send PM when I get back on PC

EskbankHibby
02-10-2015, 10:50 PM
Great idea.

Jones28
03-10-2015, 02:57 AM
Done it a few times from down here and always fortunate enough to meet good hibbies with roots in the city. Still up for it but the bands dwindling so my last two trips were by train alone. Cheaper to buy a car!

Grimsby too far away for you?👍

Viva_Palmeiras
03-10-2015, 03:06 AM

On the flip side you could make a Hibee friend for life.

marinello59
03-10-2015, 06:31 AM

Turns out everybody that I have travelled down with over the years has had this problem. They must have been unlucky, it's never happened to me.
:greengrin

Bostonhibby
03-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Grimsby too far away for you?👍
I'm on Cambridgeshire Lincolnshire border between Stamford and Spalding so it's not impossible!

Next game not planned out yet but can pm you.

Jones28
03-10-2015, 10:46 AM
I'm on Cambridgeshire Lincolnshire border between Stamford and Spalding so it's not impossible!

Next game not planned out yet but can pm you.

Let me know mate and can try and work something out 👍🍻

Bostonhibby
03-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Let me know mate and can try and work something out 👍🍻
[emoji106] was going to Dumfries but ended up in Spain instead for the week.

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I'd get your SatNav checked....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MoscowHibs
03-10-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm just along the road from you in Letham

Cool. Geeza shout if you need a lift down anytime. Yer no a fud are you?

Jones28
03-10-2015, 11:04 AM

Ken where I'd rather be!

Bostonhibby
03-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Ken where I'd rather be!
I know lying on a beach in Dumfries in October is the height of luxury. No comparison really.

Jones28
04-10-2015, 04:54 AM
I know lying on a beach in Dumfries in October is the height of luxury. No comparison really.

Try being at blundell park yesterday for the Grimsby v Forrest Green game!