PDA

View Full Version : NHC Joe Wark RIP

O'Rourke3
01-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Passed away apparently. Stalwart for Motherwell when I was growing up and an ever present in the annual football card collection.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Jonnyboy
01-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Passed away apparently. Stalwart for Motherwell when I was growing up and an ever present in the annual football card collection.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Sad to hear this. Like you, I watched him play for Motherwell and he was somewhat of a stalwart for them

Tinribs
01-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Aye, i remember him from my childhood too, very sad day for his friends and family. RIP Joe.

Ray_
02-10-2015, 06:57 AM
Very sad, he was a young left back in the Motherwell team in the late sixties. It goes to show how short life really is when we have so many players from an era you watched football pass away. R.I.P. Condolences to friends and family.

JimBHibees
02-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Absolute stalwart at Motherwell in an era when players were loyal to the club and the jersey.

Here is a link from the Motherwell site. Good read especially the bit about the ref and Rangers, quelle surprise.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/10/01/joe-wark-1947-2015/

Was at a work event and spoke to one of his sons about him and his son was obviously very proud of his dad. Said one of his first games to see him Joe broke his leg in his first tackle.

Not old at all. RIP Joe.

brog
02-10-2015, 07:01 PM
Absolute stalwart at Motherwell in an era when players were loyal to the club and the jersey.

Here is a link from the Motherwell site. Good read especially the bit about the ref and Rangers, quelle surprise.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/10/01/joe-wark-1947-2015/

Was at a work event and spoke to one of his sons about him and his son was obviously very proud of his dad. Said one of his first games to see him Joe broke his leg in his first tackle.

Not old at all. RIP Joe.

Thats a great article & a fine tribute to an excellent player & a true gentleman. Joe Wark, a poster boy for everything that's good in Scottish football. RIP Joe.

Hiber-nation
02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Great left back. We had some fantastic games against Motherwell in the mid-70s and I always remember him to be a top class defender. RIP Joe.

Bostonhibby
03-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Great left back. We had some fantastic games against Motherwell in the mid-70s and I always remember him to be a top class defender. RIP Joe.
Yep, he was a good player in some good Motherwell sides in that era. RIP