PDA

View Full Version : Words fail me...

wearehibernian
30-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Everything about this is wrong. Patronising and deluded dosen't even come close.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34406891

Dan Sarf
30-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Everything about this is wrong. Patronising and deluded dosen't even come close.

Which part of "non-starter" doesn't he understand? :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
30-09-2015, 10:49 PM
Give me a time and place and I would gladly drive each and every one of their fans, players and coaching staff to whichever country that will take them.

Then I would come back up and do the same with their pals from the other side of the city.

lucky
30-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Irony, club that supports nationalism long for a BRITISH league. Never going to happen deluded fools.

.Sean.
30-09-2015, 11:04 PM
As Celtic as a club and as a support seem to think of themselves as Irish they can away to the League of Ireland. Surely they'd not want to join a British setup anyway what's with their apparent disdain of all thing British? Wouldn't want to opress their sensitive wee souls.

As for Rangers they can **** off to the Moon or anywhere that'll take that shower.

Think I speak for the whole of Scottish football, outside of these two ersecheeks, when I say feel free to beat it :aok:

DAVE1875
30-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Celtic and Rangers in the same "bracket" as the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal & Man Utd.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif

CorrieHibs
30-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Would be interesting to see Chelsea and West Ham fans reactions when they start singing that nonsense. The police down there wouldn't care. They would lift any of them for sectarianism. And the governing body wouldn't be as lenient as the SFA. Then we would really see "the best fans in the world"

Iain G
30-09-2015, 11:13 PM

Surely it should be aberdeen making these noises just now! Ronnie doesnt seem to understand geography plays a part in who plays in what league competition regardless of club stature or size

wearehibernian
30-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Yeah it is quite incredible. Im wondering whether square heid Doncaster will pull them up on bringing the league into disrepute? Somehow I doubt it, despite the fact they are totally disrespecting the £1.20 invested in to the SPL by sponsors. But please take them both away because they are both ugly and depressing...

snooky
30-09-2015, 11:51 PM
"I think Celtic and Rangers deserve to be playing against the best teams because they have the best fans in Britain." - Deluded Des

lucky
01-10-2015, 07:55 AM
A British league is the way forward for Scottish football. We can't compete with revenues that they generate but the reality is English football does not need or want a merger.

Ozyhibby
01-10-2015, 08:01 AM
A British league is the way forward for Scottish football. We can't compete with revenues that they generate but the reality is English football does not need or want a merger.

I agree and think it will happen. I can see it being challenged in court eventually. Scottish companies are being denied access to the UK market. Better Together and all that. The Sums of money involved now mean that Celtic will be looking to challenge this and they will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_the_angus_hibby
01-10-2015, 08:14 AM
I agree and think it will happen. I can see it being challenged in court eventually. Scottish companies are being denied access to the UK market. Better Together and all that. The Sums of money involved now mean that Celtic will be looking to challenge this and they will win.

Horlicks. It is nothing to with markets. It's a membership based structure - that uses geography. You can make the same argument for Hibs to challenge to get into Seria A due to EU single market rules.

It will only happen if the TV sponsorship money is significantly increased due to horrible twosome being included. And that will only be needed in a significantly declining market. Even then it would take a vote and 2 teams would be voting for possible loss of position, so I can't see it. Celtic and Rangers are curiosities down south and are not taken seriously.

Scabs on both their ball sacks.

Jim44
01-10-2015, 08:31 AM
A Jambo perspective on Desmonds claim that Celtic 'deserve' bigger and better things. -

"All those parasites have done is cheat, whinge , complain and desecrate everything they come across"

black, pot, kettle, calling - rich, eh? :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
01-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Every time this comes up, normally around the time they get knocked out of the Champions League, I find myself posting that very few actual fans down here want any of the uglies in their league. When it comes down to it, it's ultimately what the money men who own the English football "brand" think.

It has its problems but there isn't any chance they want to have the image damaged when they don't presently have the out and out sectarianism that goes with marrying interpretations of religions from the middle ages and sport. And that's before they work out how to manage thousands of drunken idiots descending South - they wont want it upsetting what is a very prosperous applecart.

Celtc really need to join the league of Ireland.

Bostonhibby
01-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Horlicks. It is nothing to with markets. It's a membership based structure - that uses geography. You can make the same argument for Hibs to challenge to get into Seria A due to EU single market rules.

It will only happen if the TV sponsorship money is significantly increased due to horrible twosome being included. And that will only be needed in a significantly declining market. Even then it would take a vote and 2 teams would be voting for possible loss of position, so I can't see it. Celtic and Rangers are curiosities down south and are not taken seriously.

Scabs on both their ball sacks.

:agree: right on the money.

JimBHibees
01-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Every time this comes up, normally around the time they get knocked out of the Champions League, I find myself posting that very few actual fans down here want any of the uglies in their league. When it comes down to it, it's ultimately what the money men who own the English football "brand" think.

It has its problems but there isn't any chance they want to have the image damaged when they don't presently have the out and out sectarianism that goes with marrying interpretations of religions from the middle ages and sport. And that's before they work out how to manage thousands of drunken idiots descending South - they wont want it upsetting what is a very prosperous applecart.

Celtc really need to join the league of Ireland.

Yep cant imagine many English cities hoping that another Manchester (the Chelsea fans did it :faf:) comes to their doorsteps. As you say every time this is raised none of the English teams vote for it as effectively they are turkeys voting for Christmas. The OF like to think they are a global brand however the EPL ship has sailed and they are both drunk and fighting under a table in a port side bar as the ship leaves the harbour. :greengrin.

wearehibernian
01-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Yep cant imagine many English cities hoping that another Manchester (the Chelsea fans did it :faf:) comes to their doorsteps. As you say every time this is raised none of the English teams vote for it as effectively they are turkeys voting for Christmas. The OF like to think they are a global brand however the EPL ship has sailed and they are both drunk and fighting under a table in a port side bar as the ship leaves the harbour. :greengrin.

As ever it is curious timing. Especially as they are not actually top of the league at the moment. Also make you wonder why they would bother making the statement when the EPL is just a year into that massive TV deal as well - why would they want to change anything? I wonder how the ruling bodies in most other countries would view a similiar statement especially with sponsors interests, and suchllike, being potentially compromised.

Deansy
01-10-2015, 10:24 AM
'"Ultimately, football matches are about content, whether it's Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal or Liverpool. I think Rangers and Celtic are in that bracket'

Dear Desmond

Your record in business is obviously very good. However, having an amazing bank-balance is no shield against being a F***Y as your statement has proved. Fortunately for yourself, your club's support (like your business partners-in-grime, 'Satan's 11' over at 'Greyskull') is 50% F***y and 50% Bigot) and will swallow the urine you've spouted in this article and will continue to imagine their respective clubs at levels that are way, way above anything remotely approaching reality and that they will never, ever reach.

Yours

R.E. Ality