PDA

View Full Version : Clay Pigeon Shooting

Scouse Hibee
30-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Anyone in here done this or indeed shoots regularly? Had a day at Dunkeld yesterday and found it to be quite addictive,can't wait to get out and do it again. Somewhere closer to Edinburgh that anyone could reccomend?

johnbc70
30-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I remember doing this years ago on a works day out in Fife. I got 24 out of 25 and I am not sure if the guy was taking the **** or not but told me I should take it up seriously as I had an eye for it. Never did it again!

Gatecrasher
30-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Anyone in here done this or indeed shoots regularly? Had a day at Dunkeld yesterday and found it to be quite addictive,can't wait to get out and do it again. Somewhere closer to Edinburgh that anyone could reccomend?
I'm not a regular but done it at Morton just outside livi, there may be somewhere closer though.

snooky
30-09-2015, 09:15 AM
My son-in-law talked me into having a go at shooting rifles while I was abroad on a visit.
We went to an old quarry with his pals & set up some cans.
The recoil near dislocated my shoulder and the telescopic sight cut my temple.
Oh what fun. :rolleyes:

Na, it's no' for me. :coffee:

lord bunberry
30-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Mortons out at East Calder is where I did it, it's just off the A71. We did it as part of our Christmas night out a couple of years ago. I didn't enjoy it, but a few of the guys that were with us did.

Scouse Hibee
30-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Cheers guys Mortons at East Calder sounds ideal.:thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
30-09-2015, 04:07 PM
If you're going to be doing it regularly then join a club. My son goes with his grandad roughly every fortnight.
Once you have purchased a gun and paid your yearly membership, the cost on the day is next to nothing.

Casey1875
30-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I shoot quite a lot, I always go to a place near falkirk called central scotland shooting school but cluny clays is also very good but based over in fife. It's a very expensive hobby but a good one. Real shoot days are the best but I would recommend beating for a while before even considering doing one. Get some lessons early on as it will pay off in the long run. If you need someone to show you the ropes, let me know.

Steve-O
18-10-2015, 02:52 AM
Have done it once and was surprisingly good at it despite thinking I'd be terrible!