PDA

View Full Version : Rangers penalties.

Spike Mandela
27-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Any stattos know what the world record for penalties in a league campaign is and when will Rangers overtake it?:cb

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 01:31 PM
i think the new world record has just been set

Godsahibby
27-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Not seen the game today so no idea how many they got or if they were deserved but what I have seen of Rangers is that they have players up top that run at defenders in the box, when you have players that do that you will get them.

Something we are lacking, pass, pass, pass, pass, all end product. No pace and no one willing to take on a defender.

Spike Mandela
27-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Not seen the game today so no idea how many they got or if they were deserved but what I have seen of Rangers is that they have players up top that run at defenders in the box, when you have players that do that you will get them.

Something we are lacking, pass, pass, pass, pass, all end product. No pace and no one willing to take on a defender.

By that reckoning Barca or Real Madrid or somebody like that will have the record likely. Genuinly interested to find out the record.

Maybe we are watching the greatest team the world has ever seen.:cb

Godsahibby
27-09-2015, 02:20 PM
By that reckoning Barca or Real Madrid or somebody like that will have the record likely. Genuinly interested to find out the record.

Maybe we are watching the greatest team the world has ever seen.:cb

Is it awarded or scored? if it's scored no chance it's Barca, I can hit a better pen than Messi, genuinely something he is murder at!

emerald green
27-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Any stattos know what the world record for penalties in a league campaign is and when will Rangers overtake it?:cb

I've no idea what the answer is to your question, but as others have said if you are prepared to run at defenders, at pace, into the box you are more likely to get penalties.

It helps also if you are good at "going down easily", and if you have a weak referee who is easily influenced by 40,000 people screaming for penalties all afternoon. :wink:

Mikey09
27-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Is it awarded or scored? if it's scored no chance it's Barca, I can hit a better pen than Messi, genuinely something he is murder at!

:faf::faf::faf:

Zazu62
27-09-2015, 03:53 PM
How many have they been awarded this season?

Godsahibby
27-09-2015, 04:04 PM
:faf::faf::faf:

You are laughing but look at the stats missed something like a 1/4 of all his penalties. He is no sparky when it comes to spot kicks.

Ryan69
27-09-2015, 04:12 PM
How many have they been awarded this season?

7 in 8 Championship games I believe.

It's absolutely astounding!

SurferRosa
27-09-2015, 04:16 PM

This.

It helps also if you are good at "going down easily", and if you have a weak referee who is easily influenced by 40,000 people screaming for penalties all afternoon. :wink:

And this.

pedroorange1875
27-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Just promote them now and let the play in the premiership. It wouldn't be more obvious than what is happening at the moment so just get on with it

Jumbo
27-09-2015, 04:40 PM
The British record is 17 for Celtic in 2010/11, it could well be broken by Christmas at this rate !

Mikey09
27-09-2015, 07:49 PM
You are laughing but look at the stats missed something like a 1/4 of all his penalties. He is no sparky when it comes to spot kicks.

And i could **** a burd better than Ron Jeremy but to do it in front of loads of folk, cameras on me and under pressure to perform and I'd have nae chance!! Think you would find you'd be the same taking pens like Messi!! :greengrin

Big_Franck
27-09-2015, 08:13 PM

It's 1 in 5. After missing the last one he had a career success rate of 79% with penalties, so he scores 4 of every 5. Not bad but not up to the other parts of his game you could argue. He has missed 6 of his last 12 though, which is what has people talking about it recently.

How many have Rangers received this season already?

Edit: Just seen that it's 7 penalties in 8 games for the new huns, that's ridiculous!

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-09-2015, 11:30 PM
That Waghorn had 25 goals in his entire pishy career before signing for Rangers. He could genuinly end up scoring more than 25 pens this season

Danny_Hibee
28-09-2015, 02:04 AM
I've not seen all of the penalties they have been awarded this season but from the ones I've seen and what I can recall hearing there's not exactly been a great deal of controversy about many, if any, of their penalties.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the rangers as much as anybody but let's not get as paranoid as our petition starting friends across town.

GreenLake
28-09-2015, 03:10 AM
What we really need is more penetration into the box.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2015, 06:46 AM

Why are we back onto the topic of Ron Jeremy?

DH1875
28-09-2015, 07:04 AM

My Mrs said those exact same words to me last night.

JimBHibees
28-09-2015, 08:21 AM
I've not seen all of the penalties they have been awarded this season but from the ones I've seen and what I can recall hearing there's not exactly been a great deal of controversy about many, if any, of their penalties.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the rangers as much as anybody but let's not get as paranoid as our petition starting friends across town.

The contrast being of course we have also had valid claims yet have not been given any.

Lucius Apuleius
28-09-2015, 09:22 AM
The contrast being of course we have also had valid claims yet have not been given any.

Personally think that is another discussion Jim. Again, I have not seem all the hun penalties, I try not to watch much of them, but any I have seen were genuine penalties and nit a lot to cry about. This Mason Boyne conspiracy crap does my nut in. Not saying that this is your opinion by the way an that.

hibbysam
28-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Personally think that is another discussion Jim. Again, I have not seem all the hun penalties, I try not to watch much of them, but any I have seen were genuine penalties and nit a lot to cry about. This Mason Boyne conspiracy crap does my nut in. Not saying that this is your opinion by the way an that.

Watched sportscene last night and they barely even covered the penalty incident... All they said was it was a stonewaller, in my opinion it was anything but, the boy that thinks he's messi, oduwa or whatever knocked it past the defender, who was naive to stick a leg out, but to me there was nowhere near any contact and the boy planted two feet and toppled! They're getting an awfy easy ride of things from both referees and the media!