PDA

View Full Version : Warburton - SPFL should extend top tier

emerald green
27-09-2015, 11:23 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/mark-warburton-spfl-should-extend-the-top-tier-1-3899436

I agree with Warburton. If it gets Hibs out of the Championship, so be it. There's certainly no guarantee Hibs will be promoted this season.

Centre Hawf
27-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I agree with him. I'd like to see it extend to at least 16 teams.

SunshineOnLeith
27-09-2015, 12:21 PM
There's a general consensus across fans in favour of a sixteen team league, no controversy about it at all.

Keith_M
27-09-2015, 12:27 PM
When Doncaster had his Fan Poll, in which he ignored the results, the vast majority were in favour of a 16 or 18 team league.

If they won't listen to the Fans, nmaybe they'll listen to the The-Rangers Manager.

Ozyhibby
27-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Hibs are one of the clubs who always block this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mutley
27-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I agree that a 16 or 18 team top league would be far better, but I'd rather Hibs got promoted on their merits rather than putting up with a life time of "you only got there because of reconstruction" from the likes of fans from certain other teams that shall remain nameless

007 Mickey Weir
27-09-2015, 12:38 PM
The problem is 16 doesn't work. 30 games is too short. 18 is the next option. 34 games. 2 relegated with 4 in a play off with 4 from lower league. You could also do something at the top. With teams sitting 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th all all playing off for Euro places.

Spike Mandela
27-09-2015, 12:39 PM
A 16 team league will only get touted if there is a danger Rangers won't get promoted this season. At the moment things will remain quiet.

.Sean.
27-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I'd rather an 18 than a 16 purely because I hate the split and with 34 games we wouldn't need one.

Onion
27-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Warburton is a no mark who's been up here 2 minutes and works for a lower league team. Let's listen to him :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 01:27 PM
16 teams wouldn't work and I'm not even sure that the league would vote for an 18 team league.

An 18 team league would mean 17 home games per season, as opposed to the 19 that each team gets at the moment. I don't see the clubs agreeing to losing out on the revenue that two home matches per season will give them.

Also with Sevco looking like being in the Premiership next season, as things stand the other clubs will get at least three home games a season against them and Celtic, meaning that they will get several thousand away fans through the turnstiles. With an increase to 18 teams, they would only get Sevco and Celtic at home twice a season.

The numbers don't add up from a financial point of view and therefore I don't see it being implemented any time soon.

lucky
27-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Warburton is saying there may be some financial pain to begin with but for the good of the game we must have a bigger league, which in turn would become more competitive and then attract investment.

Jack Hackett
27-09-2015, 01:52 PM
I agree that a 16 or 18 team top league would be far better, but I'd rather Hibs got promoted on their merits rather than putting up with a life time of "you only got there because of reconstruction" from the likes of fans from certain other teams that shall remain nameless

Personally I don't give a **** what the fans of another team will say. We are, after all, speaking of the team who got where they are by bumping millions of pounds of debt in their inimitable shameless fashion. If we are promoted by way of league reconstruction then so be it.

Smartie
27-09-2015, 01:56 PM
I agree with every single word Warburton says in that article, not that I enjoy agreeing with managers of that club.

Jack Hackett
27-09-2015, 01:57 PM
....besides. The Rangers have spoken and Donkey will now do as his masters bid... Done deal

Colr
27-09-2015, 02:06 PM
I agree with him. I'd like to see it extend to at least 16 teams.

Play each other home and away teams to split the gate 50/50

Michael
27-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Play each other home and away teams to split the gate 50/50

People wouldn't want their season ticket money going to other clubs.

Baldy Foghorn
27-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Hibs are one of the clubs who always block this.

We won't this time I would wager

emerald green
27-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Warburton is a no mark who's been up here 2 minutes and works for a lower league team. Let's listen to him :rolleyes:

Those that run the game in Scotland would be daft not to listen to what the manager of The Rangers has to say, whether or not we like it, him, or his club.

We won't this time I would wager

:agree:

greenpaper55
27-09-2015, 03:25 PM
It was a 16 team league the last time we won it !

greenginger
27-09-2015, 03:49 PM
A 16 team league will only get touted if there is a danger Rangers won't get promoted this season. At the moment things will remain quiet.

Maybe Warburton has wind of an insolvency event looming and still thinks they could make the top four with 25 penalty points deduction.

SurferRosa
27-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Clubs will look after themselves. As far as i`m aware, only PL clubs would get to vote on extending the size of the PL and they`ll be more than happy with the present arrangement if the zombies are in their division.The only way a vote to extend said division would be successful is if Sevco were in danger of not being promoted. That wont happen now. So neither, imo, will any league reconstruction.

Keith_M
27-09-2015, 03:57 PM

That's me convinced.

As Captain Picard would say... "make it so!"

greenginger
27-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Clubs will look after themselves. As far as i`m aware, only PL clubs would get to vote on extending the size of the PL and they`ll be more than happy with the present arrangement if the zombies are in their division.The only way a vote to extend said division would be successful is if Sevco were in danger of not being promoted. That wont happen now. So neither, imo, will any league reconstruction.

The premier league as a separate entity disappeared two years ago.

Any decision to change the league structure would be taken by the SPFL Board.

the chairman , the chief exec. Doncaster, and six directors.

three directors are from top league, two from championship, and one from div. 1 and 2.

change is possible but clubs need to be convinced.

SurferRosa
27-09-2015, 04:41 PM
The premier league as a separate entity disappeared two years ago.

Any decision to change the league structure would be taken by the SPFL Board.

the chairman , the chief exec. Doncaster, and six directors.

three directors are from top league, two from championship, and one from div. 1 and 2.

change is possible but clubs need to be convinced.

Ah, ok. Of course, i remember something now about an SPFL board. Cheers.

I`d still suggest a change to the existing structure is unlikely though, unless Sevco were struggling.

Nutmegged
27-09-2015, 05:02 PM
The Premiership maybe extended to 16 teams but itncerttainly wont happen next Season, the SPFL head honchos will be salvating at having the Old Firm games back next Season and they'll look to cash in on them before looking at restructuring the top Division.

I firmly believe they'll give the 12 team top tier anothet two years after Sevconare promoted to see how well Celtic and them draw for the League, only then will iy be reviewed, also, if Aberdeen stick to what they're doing then Sevco will have a job on their hands finishinh above them let alone Celtic, if that happens then restructuring may also happen sooner too if Aberdeen and Celtic take 7/9 points off them each oer season

Lucius Apuleius
27-09-2015, 05:18 PM

You sure?

greenginger
27-09-2015, 05:23 PM
The Premiership maybe extended to 16 teams but itncerttainly wont happen next Season, the SPFL head honchos will be salvating at having the Old Firm games back next Season and they'll look to cash in on them before looking at restructuring the top Division.

I firmly believe they'll give the 12 team top tier anothet two years after Sevconare promoted to see how well Celtic and them draw for the League, only then will iy be reviewed, also, if Aberdeen stick to what they're doing then Sevco will have a job on their hands finishinh above them let alone Celtic, if that happens then restructuring may also happen sooner too if Aberdeen and Celtic take 7/9 points off them each oer season

The SPFL don't have head honchos. The board is made up of the directors of other clubs plus chairman and chief exec.

I hope they don't see the return of the Old Firm bigot fest as the way forward for our game.

Mr White
27-09-2015, 05:24 PM
You sure?

It was. Changed to 18 in 1955/56 it seems.

Nutmegged
27-09-2015, 05:26 PM
The SPFL don't have head honchos. The board is made up of the directors of other clubs plus chairman and chief exec.

I hope they don't see the return of the Old Firm bigot fest as the way forward for our game.
The head honchos are the SPFL board, thought that was self evident

Hibbyradge
27-09-2015, 05:36 PM
I think what he means is that the top league would benefit from being a 2 team league as opposed to the one team league it is now.

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 05:37 PM
That's me convinced.

As Captain Picard would say... "make it so!"

Im with you guys, as convincing an argument as Ive heard so far. Play home and away for 30 games, then split into a top 5 for league/europe, bottom 5 for relegation/playoff, and middle 6 for a laugh. Play home and away again. The middle teams will complain they have nothing to play for. Ask half the EPL teams what they are playing for in the last two months of the season. Blood youngsters, try systems, go hell for leather and score a bag of goals. It only football!

jacomo
27-09-2015, 05:51 PM
16 teams wouldn't work and I'm not even sure that the league would vote for an 18 team league.

An 18 team league would mean 17 home games per season, as opposed to the 19 that each team gets at the moment. I don't see the clubs agreeing to losing out on the revenue that two home matches per season will give them.

Also with Sevco looking like being in the Premiership next season, as things stand the other clubs will get at least three home games a season against them and Celtic, meaning that they will get several thousand away fans through the turnstiles. With an increase to 18 teams, they would only get Sevco and Celtic at home twice a season.

The numbers don't add up from a financial point of view and therefore I don't see it being implemented any time soon.

19 home games at the moment, with half empty stadiums.

If an 18 team league got interest and crowds back, revenue per match would rise and overall income might even increase.

Nutmegged
27-09-2015, 05:52 PM
• 16 team league = 30 games

•After week 30 split league into 4 groups of 4 playing each other home and away

•Top 4 play for Title & Europe
- 2nd 4 (5th-8th) play for 5th place which qualifies them to a European Play-Off
- 3rd 4 (9th-12th) play to avoid finishing 12th which qualifies them to the Relegation Play-Off's
- 4th 4 (13th-16th) play to finish 13th which would be the only position that would avoid Automatic Relegation or Relegation Play-Off's

• Every team would finish with 36 League games

• Every team would only play 3 clubs from the other 15 teams more than twice

*Example

1. Champions/CL Qualifiers
2. Runner Up/UL Qualifiers
3. UL Qualifiers
4. Europa League Play-Off
12. Relegation Play-Off
16. Automatic Relegation

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 05:58 PM
You sure?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1951%E2%80%9352_in_Scottish_football

Stranraer
27-09-2015, 06:01 PM
I agree with expanding the top flight and we really MUST get rid of the "split" there's nae need. Does any other country split their league towards the end of the season like we do?

greenginger
27-09-2015, 06:16 PM
I agree with expanding the top flight and we really MUST get rid of the "split" there's nae need. Does any other country split their league towards the end of the season like we do?

Belgium for sure.

Nutmegged
27-09-2015, 06:16 PM

I don't mind the split, I'd rather we didn't have it but feel its just another stick to beat the League with at times, it offers a lot of mid table excitement from about week 28 onwards - with 12 clubs we cant exactly play 44 League games so that was the only seemingly logical way around it, still until we're good enough to be in it we can't really moan about it

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 06:24 PM

- 2nd 4 (5th-8th) play for 5th place which qualifies them to a European Play-Off
- 3rd 4 (9th-12th) play to avoid finishing 12th which qualifies them to the Relegation Play-Off's
- 4th 4 (13th-16th) play to finish 13th which would be the only position that would avoid Automatic Relegation or Relegation Play-Off's

*Example

3. UL Qualifiers
12. Relegation Play-Off
16. Automatic Relegation

Nice system! Not sure the 12th place team would feel too happy with getting a worse deal then 13th, particularly if they were a bunch of points higher than them at the split. Could have 12-15th in some kind of relegation play off system?

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 06:31 PM

*Example

3. UL Qualifiers
12. Relegation Play-Off
16. Automatic Relegation

That system would probably result in a legal challenge from the team that finishes 12th!

I don't see how it would be possible to have a system where a team that has finished 12th could potentially be relegated but the team that finishes 13th is definitely safe. :confused:

Nutmegged
27-09-2015, 06:47 PM
That system would probably result in a legal challenge from the team that finishes 12th!

I don't see how it would be possible to have a system where a team that has finished 12th could potentially be relegated but the team that finishes 13th is definitely safe. :confused:

That's the only flaw I could see in it to be fair but I think its about giving each section a consenquence & reward, to be fair I don't think anyone could complain about it if they all agreed to the rules prior to accepting the new structure, I can definitely see why some wouldn't be happy though.

Nutmegged
27-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Nice system! Not sure the 12th place team would feel too happy with getting a worse deal then 13th, particularly if they were a bunch of points higher than them at the split. Could have 12-15th in some kind of relegation play off system?

I thought of that but tried to keep the games against each other at a minimum, so if teams 13, 14 & 15 played each other in the split to take their fixtures against one another to 4 games I didn't want a scenario were they'd have to play each other again

Lucius Apuleius
27-09-2015, 07:13 PM
It was. Changed to 18 in 1955/56 it seems.

Every day is a school day. 😊 I would have argued till the cows came home it was 18 teams then.

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 07:29 PM
I thought of that but tried to keep the games against each other at a minimum, so if teams 13, 14 & 15 played each other in the split to take their fixtures against one another to 4 games I didn't want a scenario were they'd have to play each other again

It is awkward. Potentially then the 3rd set of four just play for 'nothing'? They get to forget about relegation, and blood some youngsters. Every league ends up with some meaningless league games after all.

Wellbankhibby
27-09-2015, 07:53 PM
I havnt agreed with anything Mr Warburton has said and I find him very smug and arrogant but believe me we have to get back into the top division next season by hook or crook. :agree:

Jack
27-09-2015, 07:59 PM
Softening up the sevcovians for a 25 point deduction and the possibility of them not making it up through the play offs.

jdships
27-09-2015, 09:08 PM
" Bread Man " is quite right , just a pity he is such an " erse :greengrin"

Eyrie
27-09-2015, 10:35 PM

*Example

3. UL Qualifiers
12. Relegation Play-Off
16. Automatic Relegation

Excessively complicated.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2015, 10:46 PM
14 would work with a split.

16 has no chance although I haven't analysed Nutmeg's structure yet.

We don't have enough teams for 18 or 20.

14 looks favourite.

Jones28
27-09-2015, 11:06 PM
16 team with a split would give 37 games?

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 11:06 PM
14 would work with a split.

16 has no chance although I haven't analysed Nutmeg's structure yet.

We don't have enough teams for 18 or 20.

14 looks favourite.

18 would be fine.

We already have 12 teams in the Premiership.

Us and Sevco would obviously be up there under the reconstruction and the likes of Raith Rovers, Falkirk, Queen of the South and St Mirren aren't much smaller than the likes of Hamilton, Ross County or Partick Thistle.

Pete
28-09-2015, 04:08 AM

The no-mark who set himself up for life in his early forties?, the no-mark who was Brentfords most successful ever manager?, the no-mark who turned Sevco around from the shambles left by McCoist and McCall into a slick team that are sweeping the division?

More importantly, the no-mark who is daring to speak his mind and go against every fabric of this Glasgow orientated institution by suggesting a bigger league, less repetition and more emphasis on competition?

Rangers manager or not, I'm starting to like this no-mark.

Jim44
28-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Was there not recent talk of a 16 team league and a return to group sections for the League Cup competition?

Silky
28-09-2015, 06:51 AM

I don't see how there could be a legal challenge here. The scenario sounds similar to the English play offs where the team in third does not necessarilly get promoted yet I've never heard of legal challanged down there, even given the huge sums of money resting on these games.

DH1875
28-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Do they still do the playoffs in Holland for the TOP of the league?

Sir David Gray
28-09-2015, 09:23 AM
I don't see how there could be a legal challenge here. The scenario sounds similar to the English play offs where the team in third does not necessarilly get promoted yet I've never heard of legal challanged down there, even given the huge sums of money resting on these games.

Yes but the team in third at least has a chance of being promoted.

Under that other proposal, the team finishing 13th would definitely be safe but the team finishing in 12th would be in a play off and could be relegated.

NAE NOOKIE
28-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Even Gordon Strachan was asking for a bigger league months ago. The only problem a split has at the moment is the uneven distribution of home and away fixtures pre split ... even that out and a split isn't a problem IMO.

If league reconstruction puts Hibs into the Premiership every Hertz fan in Christendom could queue outside ma hoose tae take the piss and I wouldn't give toss .... we wouldn't be the first club in Scotland to benefit from a re jigged league.

geebus
28-09-2015, 05:30 PM
This would be my revamp:

20 team top league: 12 team 2nd league: Regional leagues after:

In the Premier League, bottom 3 auto relegated. 17th place goes into play-offs.

19 home and away games. As you are going to certain away grounds once a year, maybe up the attendances?

In the 2nd teir: Set up to half a split after 33 games.

Top 2 auto promoted. 3rd, 4th and 5th go into playoffs with 17th in Premier League. 17 v 4 and 3 v 5. 2 legged tie with winners playing at Hampden to go up/stay up.

Bottom 2 auto relegated into regional leagues. 9th and 10th into playoffs.

In the regional leagues - Highland and East of Scotland. Winners auto promoted into league. 2nd play in the regional leagues into playoff with 9th and 10th.

But that's just me and my imagination ...

MyJo
28-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Was there not recent talk of a 16 team league and a return to group sections for the League Cup competition?

:agree: That is absolutely the best way to work it IMO.

16 team SPL and 16 team championship playing a 30 game season within the leagues.

restructure league cup with the 32 teams from the top two leagues put into 8 groups of 4 with 2 SPL and 2 Championship teams in each group playing each other home and away. Top 2 from each group then progress to the 2-legged knockout stages.

Thats a guaranteed 6 extra games for those clubs which could be included in season tickets etc ensuring a 36 game season and 18 home games for each club.

J-C
28-09-2015, 07:49 PM

16 team SPL and 16 team championship playing a 30 game season within the leagues.

restructure league cup with the 32 teams from the top two leagues put into 8 groups of 4 with 2 SPL and 2 Championship teams in each group playing each other home and away. Top 2 from each group then progress to the 2-legged knockout stages.

Thats a guaranteed 6 extra games for those clubs which could be included in season tickets etc ensuring a 36 game season and 18 home games for each club.

At last someone with good sense seeing exactly what is needed :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
28-09-2015, 07:52 PM

100% spot on :agree:

stantonhibby
28-09-2015, 08:07 PM
At last someone with good sense seeing exactly what is needed :thumbsup:

Indeed......far too sensible so probably no chance of it being adopted.

rcarter1
29-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Indeed......far too sensible so probably no chance of it being adopted.

Common sense? Positive change? Woooah, this the UK man, don't do change us. :greengrin

Jim44
29-09-2015, 10:45 AM
We're attributing Warburton with common sense and a desire for long term stability and probably that's the case, but what are the chances that he has ulterior motives? Although his bosses like the present set up of four games against Celtic and the income from this, Warburton might reckon that he has better chances of success with just two games against them.

Nutmegged
29-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Excessively complicated.

it really isn't

O'Rourke3
29-09-2015, 03:49 PM

*Example

3. UL Qualifiers
12. Relegation Play-Off
16. Automatic Relegation

Did Dustin Hoffman ever play you in a film?

Keith_M
29-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Current 12 Premier teams plus...

Hibs
Rangers
St Mirren
Falkirk
Morton
Raith

Makes 18 teams, That would give 17 home and 17 away games.

All of the teams above have bigger supports than Ross County or Hamilton, so I don't see the problem with that number.

Eyrie
29-09-2015, 07:38 PM
it really isn't

It really is.

Keep it simple and have an 18 team league with 34 games and the bottom three being relegated.

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2015, 07:45 PM

What about the other 10 teams? Do they get booted into the east of Scotland and miss out on the league cup as well?

J-C
29-09-2015, 08:30 PM
What about the other 10 teams? Do they get booted into the east of Scotland and miss out on the league cup as well?

Add 4-6 teams like Spartans etc and let them play for the Petrofac cup.

SkintHibby
29-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Not going to happen so save yer keyboards folks!:agree:

MyJo
29-09-2015, 09:24 PM

regionalised leagues below the top two levels and the Challenge cup for the teams at this level instead of the league cup.

Keith_M
30-09-2015, 05:32 PM
It really is.

Keep it simple and have an 18 team league with 34 games and the bottom three being relegated.

:agree:

greenpaper55
30-09-2015, 06:02 PM
I see the Celtic chief is saying that the OF will be playing in England within 10 years , will they never learn that this will never happen !.

Mr White
30-09-2015, 06:03 PM
I see the Celtic chief is saying that the OF will be playing in England within 10 years , will they never learn that this will never happen !.

Keeping their fans thinking it might probably isn't bad for the tills though.

Dobosz83
30-09-2015, 06:26 PM

Literally just finished reading the article on BBC Sport. Staggering opinion of themselves down the M8 and further proof that the 'old firm' are two cheeks of the same fat pimple ridden backside.

It's a truly staggering set of quotes from Desmond and the lunatic Deila and come at a time when they are 4 points behind Aberdeen. Frankly, that's honking considering their resources. I am astounded that he puts Sevco and the mighty Celts in the same bracket as Barcelona, Real Madrid, United, Liverpool etc. Utter delusion.

I truly would love for all clubs to resign from the set up and start again without them. Just leave and take the bile with you, never mind league reconstruction

Michael
30-09-2015, 06:44 PM
At first I thought Celtic chief should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute...but in reality this is the preferred scenario for all of us and would be a massive boost for our league.

Only issue is that England (& probably Uefa) would never allow it to happen. Shame for channel 5 really...they'd probably get a bit of a ratings boost with OF in their football league highlights show.

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2015, 11:51 PM
At first I thought Celtic chief should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute...but in reality this is the preferred scenario for all of us and would be a massive boost for our league.

Only issue is that England (& probably Uefa) would never allow it to happen. Shame for channel 5 really...they'd probably get a bit of a ratings boost with OF in their football league highlights show.

UEFA do what the TV folk demand ... see the Champions league for proof ... If the OF got SKY and BT on board it would happen.

I used to be in the camp that said the Scottish league would thrive without them, but came to realise that its simply not true. With them in the EPL or a British league how could Scottish kids be persuaded to follow their local teams? The papers would massively cover the league the OF were in, as would the TV, the SPFL would be relegate to one column 7 pages from the back page and the TV coverage would be 10 minutes of highlights after reporting Scotland on a Monday.

If this ever happened I would want to see all the remaining clubs chuck it in and form one mega club that non OF fans could follow .... a sort of Scotland Utd.

Michael
01-10-2015, 06:05 AM
UEFA do what the TV folk demand ... see the Champions league for proof ... If the OF got SKY and BT on board it would happen.

I used to be in the camp that said the Scottish league would thrive without them, but came to realise that its simply not true. With them in the EPL or a British league how could Scottish kids be persuaded to follow their local teams? The papers would massively cover the league the OF were in, as would the TV, the SPFL would be relegate to one column 7 pages from the back page and the TV coverage would be 10 minutes of highlights after reporting Scotland on a Monday.

If this ever happened I would want to see all the remaining clubs chuck it in and form one mega club that non OF fans could follow .... a sort of Scotland Utd.

Dont know about that (regarding papers). I don't have figures to hand (so maybe I'm wrong), but I'd imagine that OF fans were still a minority overall in Scotland (albeit a large one). There would still be loads of folk interested in reading about Scottish football.

NAE NOOKIE
01-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Dont know about that (regarding papers). I don't have figures to hand (so maybe I'm wrong), but I'd imagine that OF fans were still a minority overall in Scotland (albeit a large one). There would still be loads of folk interested in reading about Scottish football.

That's why a few years down the line 'Scotland United' would be kicking the OF's ass up hill and down dale :greengrin

Bad Martini
01-10-2015, 11:49 AM

The man is an ejit.

Doesn't he realise the huns are n real match for them now. Anyways, didn't aberdeen recently beat them? And we recently beat the sheep? And by good old fashioned 1966-67 logic, that makes us the best team in Scotland and therefore WE should go and storm the premiership :greengrin:thumbsup::devil::giruy2:

Jim44
01-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Reconstruction is never going to happen in the foreseeable future. The ugly sisters are going nowhere and Desmond's public admission that he has sorely missed going to the ball with his ugly sister is the ultimate cap on the issue. On reflection I'm surprised that the baker has not had his fingers wrapped by the lying King for even nodding towards reconstruction.