PDA

View Full Version : Another incompetent ref

weecounty hibby
26-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Just back from the game and I can't believe he hasn't got a thread of his own. Weak and incompetent. They should have had at least one red we had a pen at the end from where I sit. Let them foul and niggle all afternoon. How the boy who booted McGinn didn't get sent off is incredible. East linesman too!! Could hardly run and their goal looked like it was offside. We should still be able to beat white like that but the officials really are a handicap for us

JimBHibees
26-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Just back from the game and I can't believe he hasn't got a thread of his own. Weak and incompetent. They should have had at least one red we had a pen at the end from where I sit. Let them foul and niggle all afternoon. How the boy who booted McGinn didn't get sent off is incredible. East linesman too!! Could hardly run and their goal looked like it was offside. We should still be able to beat white like that but the officials really are a handicap for us

Appalling and weak wanted to be their players mates. How many discussions did he have to have when not giving a card. Joke. The number of times they were able to stop a free kick being played was a joke. Thompson red card every day of the week. Weak as a kitten.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Absolutely useless which seems to be par for the course now. The west stand linesman was just as bad. Flagged Cummings offside when another Hibs player was making his way back from an off side position. Also missed a blatant elbow on Fontaine late on which was amazingly given as a foul to St Mirren.

WoreTheGreen
26-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Just back from the game and I can't believe he hasn't got a thread of his own. Weak and incompetent. They should have had at least one red we had a pen at the end from where I sit. Let them foul and niggle all afternoon. How the boy who booted McGinn didn't get sent off is incredible. East linesman too!! Could hardly run and their goal looked like it was offside. We should still be able to beat white like that but the officials really are a handicap for us East linesman looked and ran like Basil Falty totaly out his deapth school kid level

bingo70
26-09-2015, 06:42 PM
I thought the ref was fine today although he did lose the plot a bit for a few minutes when Thomson came on (I think it was Thomson anyway).

Gatecrasher
26-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Let's stop everything for 5 minutes while I write in my refs book

matty_f
26-09-2015, 06:46 PM
The standard of ref in this division is likely to send me to an early grave. The ref was doing my head in today. Just woeful.

lord bunberry
26-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Was it a penalty? I was up the other end and it looked like one

matty_f
26-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Was it a penalty? I was up the other end and it looked like one

What was the incident again?

hibee_girl
26-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Let's stop everything for 5 minutes while I write in my refs book

That really got on my nerves, how long does it take to write a players name?!

lord bunberry
26-09-2015, 07:08 PM
What was the incident again?

It was near the end of the game a hibs player was brought down/tackled just inside the box

weecounty hibby
26-09-2015, 07:29 PM
It was near the end of the game a hibs player was brought down/tackled just inside the box
I'm in FF lower and looked like, McGinn, I think knocked it by a defender who then slid in and took him out. Another pen not given!!

matty_f
26-09-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm in FF lower and looked like, McGinn, I think knocked it by a defender who then slid in and took him out. Another pen not given!!

I remember it, thought it was a penalty at the time.

craigmounthibby
27-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Tbh the ref was very lenient in only booking Lewis for pushing him. Could have been a red.

Real Emerald
27-09-2015, 11:11 AM
East linesman looked and ran like Basil Falty totaly out his deapth school kid level

I'm convinced it was Jaja Binks, he's certainly fallen on hard time from his Star Wars days :greengrin

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCn8rIFp3iuPVi1CyhyR1IQQtVarKZE HssReF4gGxudq2CAX533w

hibee62
27-09-2015, 11:45 AM
I remember it, thought it was a penalty at the time.

I actually thought it was a foul but outside the box. I'd need to see it again.

There was another incident where mcgeouch knocked it past a defender and was tripped but stayed on his feet, obviously nothing given as he didn't throw himself to the ground. With refereeing like that it's no wonder players dive.

overdrive
27-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Tbh the ref was very lenient in only booking Lewis for pushing him. Could have been a red.

Yeah I thought he was going to be sent off. Out of character for Stevenson as well.

erin go bragh
27-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Thought the West stand linesman made a shocking offside call early doors , when Jason was clearly onside . But flagged as Boyle was off , but didn't try to get the ball .

GGTTH

matty_f
27-09-2015, 12:17 PM

To be fair to Lewis, he didn't mean to push the ref and held his hands up straight away. Goodwin also pushed the ref at least once during the game.

dangermouse
29-09-2015, 02:32 PM

May have looked it but the lad expertly sprung the offside trap. One of the few decisions he got right.

worcesterhibby
29-09-2015, 03:08 PM
I actually thought it was a foul but outside the box. I'd need to see it again.

There was another incident where mcgeouch knocked it past a defender and was tripped but stayed on his feet, obviously nothing given as he didn't throw himself to the ground. With refereeing like that it's no wonder players dive.

Have watched it a number of times on Hibs TV and it is deffo a foul..but just outside the box.

AlbertK86
29-09-2015, 04:38 PM
May have looked it but the lad expertly sprung the offside trap. One of the few decisions he got right.

Disagree .... Was right in line in the East and my opinion was and still is after seeing it again that he was off