PDA

View Full Version : How often can a team be unlucky..

The_Horde
26-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Until you realise that maybe it isn't just luck, and that the squad isn't good enough to edge results when it matters most?

rcarter1
26-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Until you realise that maybe it isn't just luck, and that the squad isn't good enough to edge results when it matters most?

It ain't luck. The squad probably is good enough personnel wise to be getting more goals, but we've not worked out a better system to achieve it.

eastterrace
26-09-2015, 05:04 PM

who said we are unlucky , not seen that quote. we do have a lot of players injured tho so not sure if thats what you mean

hibbymick
26-09-2015, 05:30 PM
The league table doesnt lie, were as good as where were placed at the moment.

neil7908
26-09-2015, 05:32 PM
I'm a massive believer in making your own luck. Yes individual decisions by refs may go against you, bad spells of injuries come along but over the course of a season luck is irrelevant. Quality always wins through and at the end of the year we'll finish where we deserve

Steve20
26-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Nothing to do with luck. Not good enough

liamh2202
26-09-2015, 05:34 PM
We need more pace ,,, not players with pace but pace in our game..

PISTOL1875
26-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Nothing to do with luck , the fact of the matter is that we are simply not good enough..

Firstly , the coaching staff still hasn't learnt how to break teams down and get the first goal early on..

Secondly , the pace we play at is still far too slow..

Thirdly , we do not create enough chances for our forwards.

Fourthly . what is the point of signing players that are injured ??

rcarter1
26-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Nothing to do with luck , the fact of the matter is that we are simply not good enough..

Firstly , the coaching staff still hasn't learnt how to break teams down and get the first goal early on..

Secondly , the pace we play at is still far too slow..

Thirdly , we do not create enough chances for our forwards.

Fourthly . what is the point of signing players that are injured ??

Probably because no one else wants them, and you then hope they get better!

Onion
26-09-2015, 06:17 PM
It ain't luck. The squad probably is good enough personnel wise to be getting more goals, but we've not worked out a better system to achieve it.

Agreed, nothing to do with luck.

weecounty hibby
26-09-2015, 06:23 PM
The league table doesnt lie, were as good as where were placed at the moment.
Nonsense. You really think Falkirk and Raith are better than us? Get a grip. We were done today by a team of dirty thugs who were allowed to get away with murder by yet another incompetent refereeing display at ER. At least one red and a pen at the end. also the east linesman could hardly ****in run and their goal looked offside from where I sit. We do however need to convert the chances we are creating

JimBHibees
26-09-2015, 06:26 PM

St mirren were always going to be a tough game with the characters they have. Unfortunately we lost the first goal not the end of the world. Only team that played anything remotely resembling football.

PISTOL1875
26-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Nonsense. You really think Falkirk and Raith are better than us? Get a grip. We were done today by a team of dirty thugs who were allowed to get away with murder by yet another incompetent refereeing display at ER. At least one red and a pen at the end. also the east linesman could hardly ****in run and their goal looked offside from where I sit. We do however need to convert the chances we are creating

I was bang in line.. Never offside..

hibbymick
27-09-2015, 06:08 AM

maybe you should change your seat, it was clearly onside.

Keith_M
27-09-2015, 07:05 AM
It's not luck, it's poor management.

Stubbs just doesn't know how to break teams down when they put ten men behind the ball.

HappyHanlon
27-09-2015, 11:57 AM
After Wednesday's result, how many people actually thought we'd win the game yesterday?

I've watched Hibs enough to know that we'd drop points.

Thing is, people will blame Stubbs but it's been going on longer than that. It's The Hibs way sadly.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 04:23 PM
After Wednesday's result, how many people actually thought we'd win the game yesterday?

I've watched Hibs enough to know that we'd drop points.

Thing is, people will blame Stubbs but it's been going on longer than that. It's The Hibs way sadly.

I thought we would win yesterday but when we didn't, I really wasn't surprised.

If that makes any sense at all.

MWHIBBIES
27-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Stubbs just doesn't know how to break teams down when they put ten men behind the ball.If it was so easy to break down teams wouldn't do it. It happens all over the world, better teams than Hibs struggle to break 10 men down.

B.H.F.C
27-09-2015, 04:29 PM
I thought we would win yesterday but when we didn't, I really wasn't surprised.

If that makes any sense at all.

It does make sense and I felt exactly the same.

marinello59
27-09-2015, 04:32 PM
If it was so easy to break down teams wouldn't do it. It happens all over the world, better teams than Hibs struggle to break 10 men down.

Hearts managed OK last season. Sevco are doing it this season. Celtic have managed it for decades. We will never manage to do it whilst Stubbs watches us playing four passes where one would do and doesn't move from the dugout.

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 04:35 PM
If it was so easy to break down teams wouldn't do it. It happens all over the world, better teams than Hibs struggle to break 10 men down.

This kind of can't do attitude is what we don't need. Rangers aren't special. Hearts aren't special. They do however know how to wipe the floor with Championship teams. There is a system that is involved, an aggression, and ultimately when you've done it a few times, a fear in the opposition. Teams lay down to Hearts for much of last season, because they were afraid, and Hearts took advantage. Now they are in a league that doesn't fear them, their results are much tighter. And I believe they are a stronger side personnel wise this season.

We are still the big fish, that the small teams love to play against.

familyman
27-09-2015, 04:39 PM
We missed the flair S A brought to the team , and despite what A S says and a great performance on Wed night, we were punished ,remember Rangers will drop very few points and we seem to forget this fact sadly...Playing against a brick wall is commonplace for us so why have we not cracked that yet?

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Hearts managed OK last season. Sevco are doing it this season. Celtic have managed it for decades. We will never manage to do it whilst Stubbs watches us playing four passes where one would do and doesn't move from the dugout.

This is where Stubbs can change things. The possession football works well in restricting better sides like Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen etc from gaining momentum. In these games you don't expect to create a barrel load of chances, and its just as important to break the rythym of your opponents, as it is to go hell for leather against them.

Against more limited sides, really, just go for them. We can afford to take more risks by committing players forward, because the opposition have less quality going forward. If our defenders are prepared for it, they should be able to deal with the breakaways that will happen. In the meantime if we are scoring 3 or 4 goals, it shouldn't matter all that much anyway.

Jim44
27-09-2015, 08:25 PM
We can't keep on blaming other teams for not reading the script and not cooperating with our agenda. If Stubbs can't find a solution, there's every chance we won't make the playoffs. We certainly won't get automatic promotion

flash
27-09-2015, 08:38 PM
We can't keep on blaming other teams for not reading the script and not cooperating with our agenda. If Stubbs can't find a solution, there's every chance we won't make the playoffs. We certainly won't get automatic promotion

Yeah there's every chance we won't finish in the top 4. There's also every chance I will win next weeks Euromillions.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 08:40 PM

If we don't make the play offs, I'll buy a season ticket for Tynecastle next season and set up a direct debit for Foundation of Hearts.

Alfred E Newman
27-09-2015, 08:47 PM

If we don't make the play offs Jim, I will run along Peebles High Street wearing nothing but a Hearts tammy.

cmcd
27-09-2015, 08:59 PM

Stubbs just doesn't know how to break teams down when they put ten men behind the ball.

Rubbish

Jim44
27-09-2015, 10:02 PM
If we don't make the play offs Jim, I will run along Peebles High Street wearing nothing but a Hearts tammy.

Where will you wear it, tho'? :greengrin. The worrying thing for me is that nearly every team in our league is capable of taking points off us and probably will. Depending on how games go among the other teams, we could find ourselves frozen out. When push comes to shove, I think we will make top four, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

B.H.F.C
27-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Where will you wear it, tho'? :greengrin. The worrying thing for me is that nearly every team in our league is capable of taking points off us and probably will. Depending on how games go among the other teams, we could find ourselves frozen out. When push comes to shove, I think we will make top four, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

I've had a few 'negative' posts since the result yesterday. But the thought of us not making the playoffs hasn't even entered my mind. As far as I'm concerned, it is a foregone conclusion that we will be in the playoffs at worst. Absolutely 100%.