PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Is Jason Cummings a luxury player that we can't afford to have when teams come to Easter road and work hard against us to get a draw. His contribution today was nil yeah scored a good goal on Wednesday but when you need players to work as a team to get a result he is nowhere to be seen. Really disappointed to see him stay on the park today and Martin boy,e who always works for the team being substituted can't work that out. imo Stubbs got it wrong today

eastterrace
26-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Is Jason Cummings a luxury player that we can't afford to have when teams come to Easter road and work hard against us to get a draw. His contribution today was nil yeah scored a good goal on Wednesday but when you need players to work as a team to get a result he is nowhere to be seen. Really disappointed to see him stay on the park today and Martin boy,e who always works for the team being substituted can't work that out. imo Stubbs got it wrong today

he is our top goalscorer, you just have to put up with him when things dont go right as he can score goals just not his day.

JollyGreenGiant
26-09-2015, 04:41 PM

Absolute rubbish!

Cummings will be our top scorer this season as he was last season, wr need to give the young lad a break FFS!

Yes, he is not the finished article but he the grief he receives is way over the top imho.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Why was he being asked to drop so deep today? He spent half his time 35-50 yards from the St Mirren goal.

The boys a goalscorer in and around the box, get him up there and let him do what he does best. Having him dropping deep where he is nowhere near as effective is just madness and no use to anyone.

Tyler Durden
26-09-2015, 04:43 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Boyle was like a man down for most of the game. Work rate is always excellent but he's not a centre forward. Why not have him wide and 2 men up top?

Where is Anier?!

cammy1969
26-09-2015, 04:44 PM
His biggest flaw for me is he keeps coming to deep today was really bad imo he needs to stay up front for when we get the ball forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee92
26-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Thought he worked his arse off today. Service was poor. Will be our top goalscorer this year and next. Can't understand the flack he gets, 20 years old and top scorer in the league last year.

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 04:46 PM
he is our top goalscorer, you just have to put up with him when things dont go right as he can score goals just not his day.
How long do you keep him on the pitch if it's not his day. Someone on the bench might be on there day and win the game for us.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2015, 04:47 PM
When he played against the huns at Ibrox, i thought he'd improved no end with his build up play. Yet today he was like playing with a man short, his hold up play and distribution was awful. If he's going to play as poor as this, he does have to keep scoring in my opinion.

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Thought he worked his arse off today. Service was poor. Will be our top goalscorer this year and next. Can't understand the flack he gets, 20 years old and top scorer in the league last year.
This is the same guy Jason Cummings

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 04:54 PM
When he played against the huns at Ibrox, i thought he'd improved no end with his build up play. Yet today he was like playing with a man short, his hold up play and distribution was awful. If he's going to play as poor as this, he does have to keep scoring in my opinion.
Can't understand what Stubbs expects to happen when he puts malonga up front with Jason. Only one thing happens we don't win any balls that are played forward and the centre backs on the other side have an easy time of it

eastterrace
26-09-2015, 04:55 PM
How long do you keep him on the pitch if it's not his day. Someone on the bench might be on there day and win the game for us.

point is mate he has had plenty days when things not went right for him but he has pulled us out of the deep dodah with his goals in these games.

Bostonhibby
26-09-2015, 05:00 PM

Nah, lets keep him and continue his development. Was he a luxury at the yam or did they really just ditch a young prospect because he had an injury?

Ronniekirk
26-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Boyle was like a man down for most of the game. Work rate is always excellent but he's not a centre forward. Why not have him wide and 2 men up top?

Where is Anier?!

Recovering from an operation and still not fit according to someone on another thread earlier Which begs the question why sign him if that's true as its a risk and with Keatings injury prone and Feruz not match fit ,the players brought in in the transfer window aren't giving us the options we thought

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 05:02 PM
point is mate he has had plenty days when things not went right for him but he has pulled us out of the deep dodah with his goals in these games.
We all have our opinions mate. Saw someone putting his name beside deek and Gary oconnor not in the same breathe imo and probably never will be

danhibees1875
26-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Thought he worked hard, again, today. He was given a tough job up there and was pretty isolated resulting in him dropping deep a lot to get involved in the game.

He's got a tough job to do more often than not and he does it well IMO.

eastterrace
26-09-2015, 05:10 PM
We all have our opinions mate. Saw someone putting his name beside deek and Gary oconnor not in the same breathe imo and probably never will be

yes agree he aint up with them pair but he does score goals, its maybe we should be looking at the other players getting a few goals as well as that would take the pressure of the young lad,

mentalhibee
26-09-2015, 05:19 PM

Luxury player?? He works his arse off and scores goals! Hardly a luxury player!

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Did you think he worked his Arse off today.

Green Fish
26-09-2015, 05:25 PM
He didn't hv his best game but he always wants the ball and makes himself available. He was dropping back into mf and helped out defence on occasion. How we couldn't score more than 1 today is baffling

Smartie
26-09-2015, 05:30 PM
I thought he played well today. Worked his arse off, his touch was good and he rarely gave the ball away. His "all round play" has come on leaps and bounds and he is now way more than a goalscorer.

He's not a target man - if the ball is hoofed at his head when he is being marked by Webster he is not going to win it. Not his fault. If the ball is played in behind Webster then Webster is not going to get near him.

We don't score enough goals as a team - that simply cannot be argued. It is an uncomfortable truth that Cummings has been virtually an ever-present in a team that has struggled to score enough goals. I'm not blaming Cummings but the way we play I just don't know how the players in midfield and the other strikers up there with him are going to create enough chances for him.

I wonder if we need a big target man up there with him? Someone (like Farid) who is going to challenge for balls with Webster and win some and someone who can get on the end of crosses into the box?

It is a bit of a mystery to me.

liamh2202
26-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Jason needs to play and IMO so does Dom.

hibee92
26-09-2015, 05:43 PM
This is the same guy Jason Cummings

Aye pal we're in a thread about Jason Cummings.

Onion
26-09-2015, 05:53 PM

Oh jeez. For fans who suffered James Collins who couldn't play, couldn't score and ran about like a headless chicken, Cummings is an absolute revelation. He actually scores goals.

Pearls before swine. Nuff said. :cb

Onion
26-09-2015, 05:57 PM

It's unbelievable that some are questioning Cummings value to the team. Take him out and you'll quickly see just how toothless Hibs can be. But thankfully, Stubbs is not an arse and JC will continue to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

HappyAsHellas
26-09-2015, 06:00 PM
He's young and talented and today he was prepared to work back for the team to try and regain possession. He's improved his overall game from last season and will still probably be our top scorer this season. How many good balls got played into him in the box today? Not one that I counted. Most of the blame here lies with the suppliers, not JC.

hibee92
26-09-2015, 06:05 PM

Writing off a hibs player who's already been our top scorer and a league top scorer at 19. Clueless son

Jack Hackett
26-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Are we going to get these threads every time he doesn't score? Hero to Zero in the space of a couple of days. :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
26-09-2015, 06:23 PM

This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read. How can our top scorer be a luxury? I'm ****ing gutted about today, its really knocked the stuffing out of me, but let's not be silly.

brog
26-09-2015, 06:25 PM

Did Jason run off (euphemism) with your girl?

greenlex
26-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Why was he being asked to drop so deep today? He spent half his time 35-50 yards from the St Mirren goal.

The boys a goalscorer in and around the box, get him up there and let him do what he does best. Having him dropping deep where he is nowhere near as effective is just madness and no use to anyone.Very much this. How many times was the ball available to be played into the box today with absolutely no one there and I mean no one. We really need a penalty box striker. How long is Keatings out for? Frustrating day today all round.

JimBHibees
26-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Very much this. How many times was the ball available to be played into the box today with absolutely no one there and I mean no one. We really need a penalty box striker. How long is Keatings out for? Frustrating day today all round.

Actually surprised Boyle went off as although he hadn't been great he was the only player making runs behind the defence. Thought Jason wasn't great but got little service. Find him and Dom very static.ii

lord bunberry
26-09-2015, 06:34 PM

The boys a goalscorer in and around the box, get him up there and let him do what he does best. Having him dropping deep where he is nowhere near as effective is just madness and no use to anyone.

I can only presume be was told to drop deep and allow Boyle to run in behind with his pace. It didn't really work though because Jason isn't that type of player.

keep the faith
26-09-2015, 06:36 PM
I thought Cummings worked his socks off today. Played better today than Wednesday IMO.
Was just missing his customary goal.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2015, 06:39 PM

Yes.

Hannah_hfc
26-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Cummings was one of our harder working players in what was a poor game.

However didn't stop me getting annoyed at the amount of times he (and a couple others) slipped during the second half!!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
26-09-2015, 06:40 PM
He was one of our better players today yet still a few numpties were on his back from the word go. I honestly can't understand the mentality of some of our supporters.

Golden Bear
26-09-2015, 06:45 PM

Yes, he earned his wages, no doubt about that.

tamig
26-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Jason Cummings worked hard for the team today. He's never going to win balls in the air against Webster types. The only thing I would suggest is he should be working hard on his right foot at training. The number of lost opportunities due to him trying to always put the ball onto his left foot is incredible. Several times every game.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2015, 07:07 PM
This place is mad, it appears you now can't say if a player played badly these days? I thought he was poor today, but he is a goalscorer who does hit the back of the net regularly.

FFS i even saw Pat Stanton play poorly once.

lord bunberry
26-09-2015, 07:10 PM
This place is mad, it appears you now can't say if a player played badly these days? I thought he was poor today, but he is a goalscorer who does hit the back of the net regularly.

It's not about him playing poorly its labeling him a luxury player that's daft.

Shrekko
26-09-2015, 07:11 PM

I know eh? What is it with these 20 year olds not being outstanding every week anyway!! Poor show if you cannae come home and rip them on the internet!

hibbybrian
26-09-2015, 07:11 PM

The game he got sent off against the Pars at ER G? Cannie mind any other times he played poorly, even in defeat :wink:

Dunbar Hibee
26-09-2015, 07:13 PM
****ing ludicrous. Get off the boy's back

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2015, 07:14 PM
It's not about him playing poorly its labeling him a luxury player that's daft.

I know eh? What is it with these 20 year olds not being outstanding every week anyway!! Poor show if you cannae come home and rip them on the internet!

I dont think he's a luxury, but he is as been said a 20 year old who's learning his trade and wont be outstanding every week.

In my opinion he should have been off today he was making no contribution, and perhaps it was just one of those days for him.

emerald green
26-09-2015, 07:23 PM
One thing's for sure, there's no point putting high balls up to Cummings. He simply hasn't got the physical attributes to win these against big centre backs.

Hibs need a big centre forward to play alongside Jason who can also get on the end of crosses into the box.

PS: The quality of crosses into the box has to improve too. Most corners today seemed to be outswinging floated crosses. When did Hibs last score with a header from a corner?

gjb1875
26-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Aye pal we're in a thread about Jason Cummings.
whats with the pal just on here giving an opinion like everyone else

portycabbage
26-09-2015, 08:02 PM
One thing's for sure, there's no point putting high balls up to Cummings. He simply hasn't got the physical attributes to win these against big centre backs.

Hibs need a big centre forward to play alongside Jason who can also get on the end of crosses into the box.

PS: The quality of crosses into the box has to improve too. Most corners today seemed to be outswinging floated crosses. When did Hibs last score with a header from a corner?

It would also help if when we get a free header we get it on target.

Smartie
26-09-2015, 08:05 PM

That's starting to really get on my nerves.

If he can't do better than that with a free header on the edge of the 6 yard box then he shouldn't go up there any more.

There's at least one a week these days.

Golden Bear
26-09-2015, 08:16 PM

Are we still on about Cummings? I can think of another 2 players today who should have scored with headers.

Smartie
26-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Are we still on about Cummings? I can think of another 2 players today who should have scored with headers.

I was referring to Fontaine.

I don't remember Cummings missing with any headers.

J-C
26-09-2015, 08:26 PM

Said the very same thing to the guy sat next to me, what the hell is he doing there, he scores goals and that's all. His passing is poor, distribution poor, vision aint great and very rarely brings others in to play but in the 18yd box is where he's dangerous, tell him to work the line and be a poacher.

He did work very hard today, chased the ball down and indeed won it back a couple of times, that kind of play is fine by me.

Golden Bear
26-09-2015, 08:28 PM
I was referring to Fontaine.

I don't remember Cummings missing with any headers.

Sorry - I've not read the entire thread. You're right, Fontaine should have done better in the 1st half from a corner kick. And dare I say it, but Malonga missed a good opportunity with a header albeit the keeper saved it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-09-2015, 08:31 PM
He really needs to be on the end of things putting the ball into the net rather than dropping too deep. His link up play and passing were poor, but that isn't really what he is in the team for. He never stopped working though.

Jonnyboy
26-09-2015, 08:38 PM

PB, if you listen to the post match interview with Stubbs, that matter was raised. AS didn't ask Jason to do that. The laddie showed a bit of inexperience by dropping deep to try and get more involved in the game.

FWIW JC annoyed me by dropping so deep too :greengrin

J-C
26-09-2015, 08:40 PM
PB, if you listen to the post match interview with Stubbs, that matter was raised. AS didn't ask Jason to do that. The laddie showed a bit of inexperience by dropping deep to try and get more involved in the game.

FWIW JC annoyed me by dropping so deep too :greengrin

And me, started to really annoy me after a while, surprised Boyle came off as he seemed more of a threat than JC.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2015, 09:27 PM
And me, started to really annoy me after a while, surprised Boyle came off as he seemed more of a threat than JC.

Really??

Billy Whizz
26-09-2015, 09:36 PM

If he hadn't scored, I'd have taken him off at half time

Golden Bear
26-09-2015, 09:40 PM

I agree. His pace is undoubtedly his biggest asset and we'll leave it there.

Mikey09
26-09-2015, 10:35 PM

Absolutely!!!! Things might not come off for him but he can't be accused of not working for the team.

eastterrace
26-09-2015, 10:41 PM
I dont think he's a luxury, but he is as been said a 20 year old who's learning his trade and wont be outstanding every week.

In my opinion he should have been off today he was making no contribution, and perhaps it was just one of those days for him.

so what time would you have taken him off and who would you have brought on.

hibee92
26-09-2015, 10:43 PM
whats with the pal just on here giving an opinion like everyone else

Nothing wrong with that pal. Just know you're very wrong. Like embarrassingly wrong. Opinions though like you said pal

J-C
27-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Really??

If your talking about Boyle, yes really, he made 2-3 good runs in the channels but was unlucky with the final touch, JC was very poor today and offered no threat at all, worked hard but that's all.

bigwheel
27-09-2015, 05:42 AM

I'd have still taken him off . He was poor and got no better

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 08:53 AM
Just shows people see things different and one persons opinion can be very puzzling to others. I thought Boyle was better than Jason others thought the other way.

bigwheel
27-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Just shows people see things different and one persons opinion can be very puzzling to others. I thought Boyle was better than Jason others thought the other way.

Other than his goal , I can't actually think of a single constructive thing Boyle did in the game

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Other than his goal , I can't actually think of a single constructive thing Boyle did in the game
And Jason did what?
see opinions

H18S NX
27-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Jason worked his socks off yesterday,he is our best striker, end of.

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 09:25 AM
not denying he is our best hope of scoring but questioning his work rate when he doesn't have the ball and imo it's poor.

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Absolutely.

Any discussion of Hibs under Stubbs that involves a criticism of an individual player is missing the point. All our players have qualities, and weaknesses. Wayne Rooney has weaknesses. It is the manager who needs to take responsibility for players performances. Be it training, motivation, strategy, formation, tactics, substitutions or whatever. If a player throws in the towel and refuses to dig in - thats the Managers problem. Drop the player, have a word, motivate, whatever. I am very happy with the standard of player we have given our income is about as low as it has been for many years. The pieces are there, they just need put together properly.

bigwheel
27-09-2015, 09:34 AM
And Jason did what?
see opinions

Worked hard , linked up , created chances , always available.

Different level of contribution to Boyle

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Absolutely.

Any discussion of Hibs under Stubbs that involves a criticism of an individual player is missing the point. All our players have qualities, and weaknesses. Wayne Rooney has weaknesses. It is the manager who needs to take responsibility for players performances. Be it training, motivation, strategy, formation, tactics, substitutions or whatever. If a player throws in the towel and refuses to dig in - thats the Managers problem. Drop the player, have a word, motivate, whatever. I am very happy with the standard of player we have given our income is about as low as it has been for many years. The pieces are there, they just need put together properly.
absolutely true
the point I was making in the original post is when smaller clubs come to ER looking for a draw we need players to dig in as you rightly say we need to up our work rate and overrun teams but that starts from the front and imo when Jason doesn't have the ball his work rate is poor. Boyle imo will chase defenders down where as Jason doesn't want to do the dirty work. I may be wrong in your eyes but that's the way I see it

rcarter1
27-09-2015, 10:06 AM
absolutely true
the point I was making in the original post is when smaller clubs come to ER looking for a draw we need players to dig in as you rightly say we need to up our work rate and overrun teams but that starts from the front and imo when Jason doesn't have the ball his work rate is poor. Boyle imo will chase defenders down where as Jason doesn't want to do the dirty work. I may be wrong in your eyes but that's the way I see it

To be fair, you may well be right about this. My only point is that if there is anything that Cummings needs to change about how he goes about his game, it is down to the management team to identify it and sort it out. In short a player can spend a whole game doing the wrong things, and not really know what they are/arent doing wrong. Hence my reluctance to get on players backs. The eye in the sky (manager) needs to identify and ensure players do what they need to do.

The result of all this might be for Stubbs to say to Cummings - don't chase the defenders, thats X and Y's job. Be prepared to find space away from the defenders, when X and Y win the ball. He may be following orders by not chasing.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2015, 10:19 AM
so what time would you have taken him off and who would you have brought on.

After about an hour, i'd have replaced him with Malonga, pushed Henderson up just behind him and put Boyle wide. No idea if it would have worked, but what we were doing certainly wasn't.

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 10:34 AM
To be fair, you may well be right about this. My only point is that if there is anything that Cummings needs to change about how he goes about his game, it is down to the management team to identify it and sort it out. In short a player can spend a whole game doing the wrong things, and not really know what they are/arent doing wrong. Hence my reluctance to get on players backs. The eye in the sky (manager) needs to identify and ensure players do what they need to do.

The result of all this might be for Stubbs to say to Cummings - don't chase the defenders, thats X and Y's job. Be prepared to find space away from the defenders, when X and Y win the ball. He may be following orders by not chasing.
yeah possibly just think it makes him look a bit disinterested in the hard work side of things. No doubt given the chances he will score goals and the way we played yesterday he never really got any good chances. A lot of his game is based on service from other players which was poor yesterday as well

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Nothing wrong with that pal. Just know you're very wrong. Like embarrassingly wrong. Opinions though like you said pal
only in your opinion pal

Alfred E Newman
27-09-2015, 10:52 AM
absolutely true

I am sorry but to say that Cummings work rate is poor is absolute nonsense. He has his faults but work rate is not one of them.

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 11:05 AM
I am sorry but to say that Cummings work rate is poor is absolute nonsense. He has his faults but work rate is not one of them.
i disagree with you for me he is good with the ball has a good touch and links up with others and is a goalscorer but when he doesn't have the ball he doesn't want to do the hard work that others do to win it back. IMO only nobody has to agree

CL0762
27-09-2015, 11:14 AM
i disagree with you for me he is good with the ball has a good touch and links up with others and is a goalscorer but when he doesn't have the ball he doesn't want to do the hard work that others do to win it back. IMO only nobody has to agree

I'm pretty sure he chased a St. Mirren player deep into our half and won the ball back from them?

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Are you sure you are talking about the same player as the rest of us? :confused:

Bostonhibby
27-09-2015, 11:35 AM
And Jason did what?
see opinions

He used to be a jambo but he's alright now.

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure he chased a St. Mirren player deep into our half and won the ball back from them?
game lasts 90 mins not 30 seconds once in a game you kind of sum my point up

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2015, 11:40 AM
game lasts 90 mins not 30 seconds once in a game you kind of sum my point up

I think you are getting Jason and Dominic mixed up, it's an easy mistake.

gjb1875
27-09-2015, 11:50 AM
I think you are getting Jason and Dominic mixed up, it's an easy mistake.
an opinion and a sense of humour?
like I said no one has to agree it's just my opinion it's the way I see his game.

J-C
27-09-2015, 01:08 PM
absolutely true

Yesterday he had poor touch and his link up play was poor, worked his socks off though.

He did that, and hassled the back 4 most of the game.

Are you sure you are talking about the same player as the rest of us? :confused:

Doesn't look like it, I and most on here thought he worked hard, his all round play was poor but his work load couldn't be questioned.

an opinion and a sense of humour?
like I said no one has to agree it's just my opinion it's the way I see his game.

And no one is agreeing with you, wonder why?

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Bleached blonde hair and still some folk don't recognise him ;-)