Stubbs needs to get this sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
26-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Once again our goals per game ratio drops. [emoji19]

No shut out = dropped points

Stubbs needs to get this sorted.

He brought in four front players in last transfer window but think Keatings was the one expected to provide real competition ,and injury has put paid to that'.
Malonga should have been given a longer run out today though

Greencore
26-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Why are we constantly playing long balls to Cummings?

Chip shop Joe
26-09-2015, 04:38 PM

Exactly what I said after the livi game. Jason is a worker and can be a great finisher but a target man he not!

Again at the risk of repeating myself there was no plan b at livi and there was not one today. This to me is bloody basic management!

It was questioned whether we needed a plan b after a 1 0 win against the bottom team in the league. I think this game categorically suggests that we do and we certainly don't seem to have one!

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Why are we constantly playing long balls to Cummings?All our best moves came from winning second balls in midfield after their center backs had beaten Cummings in the air. Look beyond the long balls, Cummings winning the header isn't the reason we play them.

rcarter1
26-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Exactly what I said after the livi game. Jason is a worker and can be a great finisher but a target man he not!

Again at the risk of repeating myself there was no plan b at livi and there was not one today. This to me is bloody basic management!

It was questioned whether we needed a plan b after a 1 0 win against the bottom team in the league. I think this game categorically suggests that we do and we certainly don't seem to have one!

Agree. Stubbs is getting high marks from me for quite a few aspects of the manager job. However, by the end of this season, he will have had two seasons to work out how to tactically deal with defensive teams. If by the end of this season we are not thrashing these sides more often then not, he will have come up short on that aspect.

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 05:25 PM
All our best moves came from winning second balls in midfield after their center backs had beaten Cummings in the air. Look beyond the long balls, Cummings winning the header isn't the reason we play them.

It's not working very well, is it.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 05:34 PM
It's not working very well, is it.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt did during the 6 home wins in a row before tonight. Of course we weren't very good today but you're wrong if you think it is easy to play against a team with no intention of going forward themselves.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Agree. Stubbs is getting high marks from me for quite a few aspects of the manager job. However, by the end of this season, he will have had two seasons to work out how to tactically deal with defensive teams. If by the end of this season we are not thrashing these sides more often then not, he will have come up short on that aspect.Wenger has had almost 20 years at Arsenal to work it out, sadly football doesn't work like that and teams who defend for their lives are always going to have a chance to get something.

Chip shop Joe
26-09-2015, 06:01 PM
All our best moves came from winning second balls in midfield after their center backs had beaten Cummings in the air. Look beyond the long balls, Cummings winning the header isn't the reason we play them.

So are you really trying to say that our "strategy" is to give up possession by playing high balls up to their centre backs knowing that they will win the ball so we can then try and win it back?

If this is the case and I can't believe for a second that it possibly can be, then Stubbsy is either a genius or seriously tactically inept!

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 06:26 PM
It did during the 6 home wins in a row before tonight. Of course we weren't very good today but you're wrong if you think it is easy to play against a team with no intention of going forward themselves.

We are worse than last season. I expected Stubbs to have worked it out by now. I'm wondering why he hasn't and why he thinks last seasons strikers are the answer.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2015, 06:29 PM
He brought in four front players in last transfer window but think Keatings was the one expected to provide real competition ,and injury has put paid to that'.
Malonga should have been given a longer run out today though

I think Malonga should have started today.

After his great goal on Wednesday, he must have been buzzing and full of confidence. Unless he was carrying some sort of knock then I would have played him from the start.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 07:07 PM
So are you really trying to say that our "strategy" is to give up possession by playing high balls up to their centre backs knowing that they will win the ball so we can then try and win it back?

If this is the case and I can't believe for a second that it possibly can be, then Stubbsy is either a genius or seriously tactically inept!No, obviously it isn't our strategy. It is a way to get the ball forward quickly when teams are marking out midfielders.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 07:10 PM
We are worse than last season. I expected Stubbs to have worked it out by now. I'm wondering why he hasn't and why he thinks last seasons strikers are the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou're right, he should have played Anier and Keatings upfront today. Oh yeah, they're ****ing injured. A teams goals don't just come from the forwards, it isn't as if they are missing chances, the service doesn't really exist.

We are also clearly not worse than last season, don't be daft.

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 07:25 PM
You're right, he should have played Anier and Keatings upfront today. Oh yeah, they're ****ing injured. A teams goals don't just come from the forwards, it isn't as if they are missing chances, the service doesn't really exist.

We are also clearly not worse than last season, don't be daft.

Right now, we are. We are bringing in less points per game than we did last season. We are scoring less goals per game as well. If we don't improve we will get less points than we got last season.
Something needs to change soon.

Fergos
26-09-2015, 07:27 PM

Because our midfield don't work hard enough for the ball when our back 4 are in possession........

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Right now, we are. We are bringing in less points per game than we did last season. We are scoring less goals per game as well. If we don't improve we will get less points than we got last season.
Something needs to change soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou're comparing an entire season to 7 games of the next one. After 7 games last season we had 9 points and were 5th so we're actually 4 points better off.

Mikey09
26-09-2015, 07:51 PM
There are obviously a few on here who, for some reason, revel in putting the boot into Stubbs and the players whenever things don't go our way... Pathetic. Threads about "play offs it is then" etc. half the folk saying this ***** probably can't even be arsed going to the game. But hey... Keep putting the boot in guys. Embarrassing.

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 08:29 PM
There are obviously a few on here who, for some reason, revel in putting the boot into Stubbs and the players whenever things don't go our way... Pathetic. Threads about "play offs it is then" etc. half the folk saying this ***** probably can't even be arsed going to the game. But hey... Keep putting the boot in guys. Embarrassing.

I think people might be more forgiving if it was not the exact same problem as last season that the management have completely ignored over the summer.

J-C
26-09-2015, 08:48 PM
We struggled last season and now this to beat a very defensive minded team, we just can't seem to break them down. I did notice today more players taking shots from outside the box and there is a bit more urgency from the midfield but I think when you look at the 2 up top today, we lacked a physical presence. Add that physicality and then things can happen, we are really missing Farid and what he brings to the table, Malonga isn't as physical buy watching him today, his movement at times was excellent and that is also something we lack at times, more movement.

Iain G
26-09-2015, 09:07 PM
I think people might be more forgiving if it was not the exact same problem as last season that the management have completely ignored over the summer.

You cant say completly ignored! We brought in Anier, Carmichael, Ferruz, Keatings to help us stretch teams and to convert our chances. They have all been injured or are currenly injured, when we get them back we will have genuine options to change the team around to break down these stuffy defences.

stantonhibby
26-09-2015, 09:07 PM
You're comparing an entire season to 7 games of the next one. After 7 games last season we had 9 points and were 5th so we're actually 4 points better off.

No answer forthcoming to this I see.

cmcd
26-09-2015, 09:11 PM

I think you should take Stubbs job Ozy 😭😭

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 09:22 PM
No answer forthcoming to this I see.

What should I say? 'Sorry, I forgot about that. Everything is fine'?

Billy Whizz
26-09-2015, 09:30 PM

You've got some valid points. Outwith the Aberdeen game, how much excitement have we had this season, zero in my opinion, we're pretty boring and predictable to watch

stantonhibby
26-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Stop talking pish for a day or two would be a start

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 09:43 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI didn't say everything was fine but you were clearly using stats in a purely negative way without posting any of the ones than show we've improved.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2015, 09:44 PM
You've got some valid points. Outwith the Aberdeen game, how much excitement have we had this season, zero in my opinion, we're pretty boring and predictable to watch

I think some of the comments on here and on social media are sadly predictable. There seems to be an element waiting for these sort of results to occur so they can get ripped in to the club.
I do agree that the style of football on offer does not generate much atmosphere but if you didn't know the score you would think we had been beaten 6-0 today.

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 09:53 PM
I didn't say everything was fine but you were clearly using stats in a purely negative way without posting any of the ones than show we've improved.

Ok, I'll concede we have improved from the Micheal Nelson Ryan McGivern days but we have not improved on the team that finished last season.

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 09:55 PM
I think some of the comments on here and on social media are sadly predictable. There seems to be an element waiting for these sort of results to occur so they can get ripped in to the club.
I do agree that the style of football on offer does not generate much atmosphere but if you didn't know the score you would think we had been beaten 6-0 today.

It's not what happened today, it's our long term goal scoring problem. It needs at least recognised before someone fixes it. I hope it's Stubbs.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Ok, I'll concede we have improved from the Micheal Nelson Ryan McGivern days but we have not improved on the team that finished last season.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDifference is that team had a whole season of playing together and had everyone fully fit. This team has had what 10 games? and currently has 7? players out injured and you have basically written them off.

Man for man we're better across the board except maybe Henderson for Allan and even then Henderson has done far more than Allan had at this point.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2015, 10:16 PM

In a nutshell. People will talk about unbeaten runs, losing few goals and so on. But we have hardly scored in the league.

There is a feeling of dejavu about this season. Same mistakes as last year and well of the pace eay doors. It's not good enough and Stubbs needs to come up with some answers.

Mikey09
26-09-2015, 10:20 PM
It's not what happened today, it's our long term goal scoring problem. It needs at least recognised before someone fixes it. I hope it's Stubbs.

Stubbs has 3 strikers injured. Really don't know what you want him to do about that. He's recognised we needed more goal scorers and done something about it. Keatings looks like he will get a lot of goals this season. Feruz has bags of talent and will score goals as well.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Difference is that team had a whole season of playing together and had everyone fully fit. This team has had what 10 games? and currently has 7? players out injured and you have basically written them off.

Man for man we're better across the board except maybe Henderson for Allan and even then Henderson has done far more than Allan had at this point.

Can't be done with the injuries excuse. Boyle missed a one on one today. Malonga free header. Fontaine free header. That was 3 sitters in the second half that would have won us the game.

It's the same scenario as last year. We dont score enough and it's costing us. 8 points off the pace at this point is unacceptable.

In regards to the injuries, we have even signed players knowing they are injured. Why?

Ozyhibby
26-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Stubbs has 3 strikers injured. Really don't know what you want him to do about that. He's recognised we needed more goal scorers and done something about it. Keatings looks like he will get a lot of goals this season. Feruz has bags of talent and will score goals as well.

He could have signed ones who were not injured? Dundee Utd must be having a right old chuckle at us taking anier from thier treatment room.

J-C
27-09-2015, 12:10 AM

You have a point there, I couldn't make wednesday and was looking forward to today but again it was back to the old probing trying to work out out how to break down a defensive team, I know we have injuries but will we ever see them fit enough to actually play.