he gets in some great positions going forward - 9/10 doesn't beat the 1st man

To me, he looks to have gone backwards from last year for some reason

Think you are getting him mixed up with Stevenson 😩

Lee Marvin
26-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Must have the worst distribution I've seen in my life

Laughable. Out of all the players you pick out gray. He was hibs best player today.

Mcginn distribution was much worse than gray today

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Here we go FFS nothing ever changes eh!

Carheenlea
26-09-2015, 04:16 PM
He was awarded the MOTM this afternoon.

The Sundance Kid
26-09-2015, 04:17 PM
He is top of our assist chart this season

hibee_girl
26-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Seriously? Gray was fine today, McGinn's distribution was awful

Albanian Hibs
26-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Haha aye right

Tyler Durden
26-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Seriously? Gray was find today, McGinn's distribution was awful

Clearly the opening post is OTT but I wouldn't disagree that Grays gone backwards this year.

Yes he got the assist today but far too often he moves infield and makes the park smaller for us. When you're relying on your full backs for the only width in the team they need to play a lot better than Stevenson and Gray have this season

Pretty Boy
26-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Surely no single player can be singled out for poor distribution today, I think balls into the box found a Hibs shirt about 4 times all game.

The decision to have Cummings dropping 30 yards from goal, or his decision to do so, to get on the ball didn't help as we quite often we had not one single player adavnced of the man in possession.

Tyler Durden
26-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Surely no single player can be singled out for poor distribution today, I think balls into the box found a Hibs shirt about 4 times all game.

The decision to have Cummings dropping 30 yards from goal, or his decision to do so, to get on the ball didn't help as we quite often we had not one single player adavnced of the man in possession.

I would single out McGinn and question why he wasn't subbed after an hour. Distribution was awful.

Also, as many people have pointed out previously, Boyle is not a striker

hibee92
26-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Christ have you ever watched him play outside today?

Hiber-nation
26-09-2015, 04:51 PM

Probably the biggest exaggeration ever on .net and that's saying something.

Smartie
26-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I thought he did well and his distribution was fine, given that he didn't have a whole lot to hit most of the time.

He'd probably be the last person I'd be pointing the finger at today.

StevieBoyKdy
26-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Stevenson, McGinn and Henderson were all poor today. Passing as a team wasn't there from them. Total come down compared to Wednesday, back to reality.

KiddA
26-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Think you are getting him mixed up with Stevenson 

I thought both Stevenson and Gray's final ball today was awful yet Gray gets Man of the Match :confused: lets face it one of Stevenson's crosses was that bad today it almost went in to the top corner. Very frustrating we need better attacking options with both those areas, we have 10 Strikers but don't have a back up left back.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2015, 06:30 PM
I thought both Stevenson and Gray's final ball today was awful yet Gray gets Man of the Match :confused: lets face it one of Stevenson's crosses was that bad today it almost went in to the top corner. Very frustrating we need better attacking options with both those areas, we have 10 Strikers but don't have a back up left back.

The majority of moves go through Stevenson and his inability to cross the ball or take the ball to the by line is a major flaw in our set up. Grays final ball is not much better.
Given the way mcGregor played on Wednesday I wonder if there is a case for playing the 3 centre halls with the likes of Boyle or McGeough at wing back , certainly against these teams intent in sitting in their own half.

Ronniekirk
26-09-2015, 06:34 PM
We do have a back up left back ,however Eckersley is recovering from an operation so not yet fit :confused:

tomhorn
26-09-2015, 06:40 PM
must have the worst distribution i've seen in my life

to me, he looks to have gone backwards from last year for some reason

wtf?? Mental post.

KiddA
26-09-2015, 06:44 PM
The majority of moves go through Stevenson and his inability to cross the ball or take the ball to the by line is a major flaw in our set up. Grays final ball is not much better.
Given the way mcGregor played on Wednesday I wonder if there is a case for playing the 3 centre halls with the likes of Boyle or McGeough at wing back , certainly against these teams intent in sitting in their own half.

Agreed mate, I would like to see this more so the likes of Boyle at wing back McGeough for me needs to stay central but I think Boyle is fast and can tackle too he had a couple of great tackles today. I am not a fan of Stevenson he offers us nothing going forward his final ball is not good enough but yet he is the first name on the team sheet I will go and get my :tin hat: on as I am sure the Stevenson Love brigade will come on soon and say he is a hard worker :rolleyes:

KiddA
26-09-2015, 06:46 PM
We do have a back up left back ,however Eckersley is recovering from an operation so not yet fit :confused: Well we don't if he is not fit who else do we have to come in for Stevenson?

jabis
26-09-2015, 06:53 PM
could admins check if the OP is into dogfarting.com ,or similar?

Onion
Agree he's not playing with the freedom and confidence he had when he first joined us, maybe the role of captain has taken something from his game. But today I though he was excellent. Made the Hibs goal with a great backpost header and put in a couple of great balls into the box in 2nd half, but no Hibs player smart enough to be on the end of them.

Hannah_hfc
Ahh the good old Lewis Stevenson debate

.....wasn't long ago we had a flag made for him and several threads singing his praises.

Unfortunately for Lewis, the only time he doesn't get singled out for negativity is when he's putting goals in past der hun!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

tamig
26-09-2015, 06:57 PM

Thought he had one of his best games since his injury today.

Callum_62
26-09-2015, 07:21 PM
I see we are all in agreement then? :greengrin

I like Gray - and possibly distribution is the wrong word (his general ball retention is good)

His final ball though is mostly rubbish

Its probably harsh, but he gets in so many good positions bombing up that wing, the amount of times he fails to find a green shirt from there is pretty poor

the last seconds of the game being a prime example

Im sure his cut backs and crosses were far more effective last year?

jdships
26-09-2015, 08:03 PM

.....wasn't long ago we had a flag made for him and several threads singing his praises.

Unfortunately for Lewis, the only time he doesn't get singled out for negativity is when he's putting goals in past der hun!

:agree::thumbsup:
A week is a long time in football just like politics !!

Franck Stanton
26-09-2015, 08:18 PM

10 Strikers ? Really ? Don't think so, can yo name them for me.

No back up left back ? - Eckersly left then has he ? Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good rant eh.

cmcd
26-09-2015, 09:15 PM

The decision to have Cummings dropping 30 yards from goal, or his decision to do so, to get on the ball didn't help as we quite often we had not one single player adavnced of the man in possession. cummings made that decision not the manager

KiddA
26-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Its actually 11 but if you don't count the two lads on loan its 9

Dom Malonga
Farid El Algui
Jamie Insall
James Keatings
Islam Feruz
Henri Anier
Jason Cummings
Oli Shaw
Danny Handling
Lewis Allan
Conor Duthie
:coffee:

No back up left back ? - Eckersly left then has he ? Still, never let the truth get in the way of a good rant eh.

Not really back up if he is injured though and he is leaving in January for the USA. So to my point no fit left back really knocking on the door to challenge for the left back position.

Forza Fred
27-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Not really back up if he is injured though and he is leaving in January for the USA. So to my point no fit left back really knocking on the door to challenge for the left back position.

So why exactly did we sign him, given he was injured at the time?

Stoney Hibee
27-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Think you are getting him mixed up with Stevenson 

What he said. Truly shocking delivery yesterday, gets into great positions, but only delivers quality once in a blue moon.

Smartie
27-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Stevenson has put some cracking deliveries into the box over the past few weeks.

Ok, it doesn't happen every time and you could argue that it doesn't happen enough.

If you freeze things every time he gets the ball and look at where he would ideally put it for someone to get on the end of it you'd be left scratching your head because you'd have Cummings 15 yards outside the box, Malonga standing with his finger up his **** and 6 players showing short for it inside.

This goes further than 1 player's deficiencies. Our entire attacking unit is dysfunctional.

Boyle's movement offers a wee bit of hope and something different but with our current personnel and approach to the game we are not going to get a different result to what we've all too often got.

As I see it the only hope is that Farid/Feruz/Anier or Keatings will come in and shake it up and offer something different. That or our defence go on a quite incredible run of form (which in all fairness they were on until a single slip yesterday).

But on the evidence of what I've seen (and heard in Stubbs' post-match interview) I've seen nothing to suggest that we're going to overcome the deficiencies that we've now had for (let's face it) years. It was our failure to get enough goals that saw us relegated in the first place, albeit with different type of football and a different manager.

keep the faith
27-09-2015, 03:07 PM

Stevenson was my man of the match yesterday and most around me agreed.

A great committed player with a brilliant engine and even better attitude. A few distractors on here make a big noise about Lewis but the majority value him greatly.

For me he is someone who will be talked about fondly when he is gone instead of being appreciated now.

Hope he us with us for many more years.

jdships
27-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Stevenson was my man of the match yesterday and most around me agreed.

A great committed player with a brilliant engine and even better attitude. A few distractors on here make a big noise about Lewis but the majority value him greatly.

For me he is someone who will be talked about fondly when he is gone instead of being appreciated now.

Hope he us with us for many more years.

:top marks:agree::top marks:thumbsup::aok:

emerald green
27-09-2015, 03:43 PM

The bit in bold - you must be jesting surely?

You can't have been watching football, or Hibs, for very long if you seriously think David Gray's distribution is the worst you've seen in your life.

Have you seen some of the donkeys that have turned out in the Hibs jersey, particularly in recent seasons?

Callum_62
27-09-2015, 06:20 PM
The bit in bold - you must be jesting surely?

You can't have been watching football, or Hibs, for very long if you seriously think David Gray's distribution is the worst you've seen in your life.

Have you seen some of the donkeys that have turned out in the Hibs jersey, particularly in recent seasons?

teeny over reaction I agree

His final ball is terrible though

emerald green
27-09-2015, 07:26 PM
teeny over reaction I agree

His final ball is terrible though

It was Gray's ball across goal which resulted in Boyle's goal yesterday.

His final ball isn't always terrible. A lot of the time others are not getting into space and positions in the box to either attack or receive the ball. Same goes for balls in from the other side.

B.H.F.C
27-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Gray could definitely do better with the number of times he gets in to the final third, much like Stevenson to be honest.

It does make it tougher in that they need to be 100% accurate most of the time as the players we have are generally never going to out jump a centre half for instance. They very rarely turn a bad or average ball in to a good one.

Jonnyboy
27-09-2015, 07:41 PM
It was Gray's ball across goal which resulted in Boyle's goal yesterday.

His final ball isn't always terrible. A lot of the time others are not getting into space and positions in the box to either attack or receive the ball. Same goes for balls in from the other side.

Very much this. Both Gray and Stevenson predominantly have to cut back inside because there is no target in the box.

poolman
27-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Dearie bloody me 😕

emerald green
27-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Very much this. Both Gray and Stevenson predominantly have to cut back inside because there is no target in the box.

Yes, and that's something that the head coach and his team can surely see if you and I can both see it?

Jonnyboy
27-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Yes, and that's something that the head coach and his team can surely see if you and I can both see it?

Agreed. For me the biggest problem we have is that we play at a tempo that allows teams with ten men behind the ball to do that quite comfortably.

emerald green
27-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Agreed. For me the biggest problem we have is that we play at a tempo that allows teams with ten men behind the ball to do that quite comfortably.

:agree: The number of times I find myself muttering "that's too slow" when Hibs are in possession and trying to break teams down that park the bus.

Jonnyboy
27-09-2015, 07:57 PM
:agree: The number of times I find myself muttering "that's too slow" when Hibs are in possession and trying to break teams down that park the bus.

I'm prone to muttering that myself :greengrin

Yesterday, Jason was way too far from where he should be on a good few occasions. That wasn't because the coaches asked him to do that. He took it upon himself. What I'd have liked to see was DG as captain, telling him to hold his striking position

judas
27-09-2015, 08:10 PM

Could one fit the word pedant into your name I wonder?

The lad - Kidd A said 10 forward players. So you googled the squad and found out it was actually 9. Pardon me but, big deal if he's one out!

As for left back cover. If it's true that Ek is injured and then leaving for the States, then that's a rather pants contingency plan is it not?

emerald green
27-09-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm prone to muttering that myself :greengrin

Yesterday, Jason was way too far from where he should be on a good few occasions. That wasn't because the coaches asked him to do that. He took it upon himself. What I'd have liked to see was DG as captain, telling him to hold his striking position

Absolutely, and I also think it would help JC, and the balance of the team in general, if he had a big strong strike partner. Someone in the style of Mixu who can knock big defenders about and create space for others like JC. I just feel Hibs are too powder puff up front and carry very little airial threat.

We are unlikely to be able to get someone as good as Mixu. Hopefully Farid recovers sufficiently from his terrible injury. Anier a possibility maybe?

Jonnyboy
27-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Absolutely, and I also think it would help JC, and the balance of the team in general, if he had a big strong strike partner. Someone in the style of Mixu who can knock big defenders about and create space for others like JC. I just feel Hibs are too powder puff up front and carry very little airial threat.

We are unlikely to be able to get someone as good as Mixu. Hopefully Farid recovers sufficiently from his terrible injury. Anier a possibility maybe?

A fit Farid would be a great asset but he's been out for so long, even when he's fit he'll have had no game time for ages. Not sure Anier is that type of player either.