PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor and selkirk

nairn hibee
25-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Nairn county playing Selkirk in the Scottish cup tomorrow,and I noticed Garry O''Connor plays for them ,anyone know how he is doing ,is he scoring for them ,Nairn are pretty poor ,hoping they don't get a hammering

Hibbyradge
25-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Who is this Garry O'Connery of whom you speak?

nairn hibee
25-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Didn't notice that ,it's been a hard day

Michael
25-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Who is this Garry O'Connery of whom you speak?

He shcores goalsh for Shelkirk.

nairn hibee
25-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Fixshted it:applause:

Keith_M
25-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Fixshted it:applause:

Shurely Shome Mishtake.

:wink:

Brooster
25-09-2015, 05:47 PM
He plays at centre half.

nairn hibee
25-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Ish he schcoring goalsh or nit ?

wheniwas5
25-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Played up front v Preston last week.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2015, 07:37 PM
I remember garry oconnor that used to play for hibs....fantastic player.....sadly he was taken over by the body snatchers and replaced by a fat useless waste of talent and space

snooky
25-09-2015, 07:58 PM
I remember garry oconnor that used to play for hibs....fantastic player.....sadly he was taken over by the body snatchers and replaced by a fat useless waste of talent and space

Oddly enough, so wis I.

Alfred E Newman
25-09-2015, 08:04 PM

The great man in action against Peebles Rovers. The guy making the tackle is ex Hibs youth player Dale Richardson.

Billy Whizz
25-09-2015, 08:07 PM

The great man in action against Peebles Rovers. The guy making the tackle is ex Hibs youth player Dale Richardson.

I met him last week, looked strong and in decent condition

Allant1981
25-09-2015, 09:02 PM
I met him last week, looked strong and in decent condition

That picture obviously doesnt do him justice then as he really doesnt look in decent condition

cabbageandribs1875
25-09-2015, 09:05 PM
That picture obviously doesnt do him justice then as he really doesnt look in decent condition

still looks in better condition than the 24 stane hulk that's tackling him :wink:

zlatan
25-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Was there not chat on here about a camera crew going round with him filming a documentary? Must be due to be broadcast soon if so.

keep the faith
25-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Lots been said about his mistakes and wasted opportunities so good for him for playing football and being prepared to play at that level.

He won't be the last of us who mess up and learn too late. Rest of his life ahead of him though.

Good luck Garry.

cmcd
25-09-2015, 11:02 PM
still looks in better condition than the 24 stane hulk that's tackling him :wink:

Dale Richardson is a very good football player No matter how big he is

JohnM1875
26-09-2015, 03:18 AM
What a ****ing shame. Clearly still of the age to be playing at the top tier of Scottish football. And, if the right choices were made, easily had the ability to be playing professional football. Can't help but feel sorry for the guy. Made some truly horrendous choices in his career and probably kept a poor close circle of friends. But he was fantastic for Hibs in his first spell

eastmainsmsh
26-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Such a talent shame he is at Selkirk

The_Horde
26-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Looks in decent shape tbh.

schinkenotto
26-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Nairn county playing Selkirk in the Scottish cup tomorrow,and I noticed Garry O''Connor plays for them ,anyone know how he is doing ,is he scoring for them ,Nairn are pretty poor ,hoping they don't get a hammering

I'm a Hibs Season Ticket holder and originally come from Nairn.I supported Nairn County(as well as Hibs) from my early days and with respect to the OP,I'd be very surprised if the "hammering" was not in the other direction!

4 Front Teeth
26-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Surely would be a decent investment for an agent to spend a few grand on a 3 month fitness camp and then get him a contract somewhere. .... taking a bigger than usual cut from his wages...... I seem to remember he could get himself fit quickly when he put his mind to it. Look what Ricky Hatton manages in a short period of time.

MrRobot
26-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Strike partner for Deek?

nairn hibee
26-09-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm a Hibs Season Ticket holder and originally come from Nairn.I supported Nairn County(as well as Hibs) from my early days and with respect to the OP,I'd be very surprised if the "hammering" was not in the other direction!
Maybe Nairn from 2 seasons ago , but they are a very average mid table team now.but you never know

Pretty Boy
26-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Surely would be a decent investment for an agent to spend a few grand on a 3 month fitness camp and then get him a contract somewhere. .... taking a bigger than usual cut from his wages...... I seem to remember he could get himself fit quickly when he put his mind to it. Look what Ricky Hatton manages in a short period of time.

I dare say his weight ballooning and crash dieting played a part in Hattons career being all but over at 32.

You can't yo yo in weight and expect to compete at the top level of any sport (darts excepted) for a prolonged period these days. O'Connors time at a decent level is long gone but I wish him well.

schinkenotto
26-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Maybe Nairn from 2 seasons ago , but they are a very average mid table team now.but you never know

Maybe I'm a wee bit out of date,but as you say "you never know"!

nairn hibee
26-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Maybe I'm a wee bit out of date,but as you say "you never know"!
Nairn do have Calum antell in goal though ,who is possibly the best keeper in the league ,would have thought he could get a better team,did he ever get a 1rst team game for hibs

highland hibbee
26-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Nairn do have Calum antell in goal though ,who is possibly the best keeper in the league ,would have thought he could get a better team,did he ever get a 1rst team game for hibs

Yep, 5-1 to Nairn shows that they have indeed slipped back from a couple of seasons ago.... ;-)

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Dale Richardson is a very good football player No matter how big he is

You are right Colin. Obviously weight problems maybe stopped him making it at a higher level but he is still one of the best centre halfs in East of Scotland football and Dale was a key player in Peebles Rovers league and cup wins last season.

frazeHFC
26-09-2015, 07:29 PM

Were you at the game?

nairn hibee
26-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Were you at the game?
Yes , o Conner was very poor ,looked unfit and uninterested, was subbed 2nd half ,the game was more even than the score suggests though

.Sean.
27-09-2015, 12:22 AM
He plays at centre half.
No way?! Legs gone?

Johnny_Leith
28-09-2015, 09:06 AM

He was at QotS when he left Hibs but went to Nairn as he gets paid more!

.Sean.
28-09-2015, 10:45 AM
He was at QotS when he left Hibs but went to Nairn as he gets paid more!
What kind of money??

nairn hibee
28-09-2015, 12:23 PM
What kind of money??
Probably about 500 a game plus overnight accommodation the night before the game

.Sean.
28-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Probably about 500 a game plus overnight accommodation the night before the game
I take it they're part-time? That's a lot of money considering if he wanted to he could easily supplement that with another job.

bigwheel
28-09-2015, 02:43 PM

I can't believe Antell gets 25k+ a year playing for Nairn - that would be a full time salary for people at the likes of Falkirk , Qots etc

That would be ridiculous money for a highland league player

Johnny_Leith
28-09-2015, 03:03 PM
What kind of money??

Competitive with lower championship teams and below.

hibeeleicester
28-09-2015, 03:49 PM
There is a lot of cash in Highland league. I know that the Huntly manager is on 18k a year!

cmcd
28-09-2015, 03:51 PM
You are right Colin. Obviously weight problems maybe stopped him making it at a higher level but he is still one of the best centre halfs in East of Scotland football and Dale was a key player in Peebles Rovers league and cup wins last season.

Yes MB Was a key player for Peebles and scored a number of important goals Very dangerous in the box at corners Top man

bigwheel
28-09-2015, 03:54 PM
There is a lot of cash in Highland league. I know that the Huntly manager is on 18k a year!

I know there is - And I know that Brora Rangers have weighed in on a few players , giving them full time contracts and jobs outside of football- Grant Munro being one....but he was an ex SPL captain - a novice goalkeeper, with limited first team games is surely not going to be getting premium money up there...

nairn hibee
28-09-2015, 05:11 PM
I know there is - And I know that Brora Rangers have weighed in on a few players , giving them full time contracts and jobs outside of football- Grant Munro being one....but he was an ex SPL captain - a novice goalkeeper, with limited first team games is surely not going to be getting premium money up there...
There are a few players at Nairn on big money,from what I hear Conner gethins the clubs top scorer is on more than that ,I think Calum antell is a fitness instructor or something like that in or near Edinburgh ,they have 2 millionaire chairmen so money know real problem ,although local players are not getting anything like that,but the have a few players from down south ex Partick and Morton,so it's not the highland league that's attracting them,Brora ,cove and formartine paying way more than nairn

sahib
01-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Yes , o Conner was very poor ,looked unfit and uninterested, was subbed 2nd half ,the game was more even than the score suggests though

Who ate all the bannocks? Was the chant when he came on, so I was told.