PDA

View Full Version : Daily Record

magnificent_seven
25-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Get a load of this nonsense.

http://dlyr.ec/v3yOqn

Ah well, looks like the league is over. Rangers have won it by September.

keep the faith
25-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Don't read or click on their site man. Plays right into that rags hands.

Ozyhibby
25-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Daily Record links should be banned.
Whatever it is, it will be PR guff intended to sell their 3/4 season tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
25-09-2015, 08:07 AM
I refuse to support that paper by clicking on their site and creating ad revenue for them..as do many others..can you pastes the nonsense here ?

Cabbage East
25-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Can someone that's already clicked please paste it or at least let us know whats in the story?

magnificent_seven
25-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Gary Ralston: Rangers need army of scouts if Mark Warburton is to win title tug of war next season

GARY believes the Ibrox club must unearth several quality additions if they are to challenge Celtic for the Premiership crown next season.

RANGERS have scored 41 goals this season and not one of them has come from a header.

It remains to be seen if Mark Warburton has used his noggin to good effect as he sets about constructing a squad capable of challenging for the Premiership in 2017.

There has been a lot of hype and hot air spoken in the wake of the Light Blues’ 3-1 League Cup defeat to St Johnstone on Tuesday night.

If Warburton was to listen to half of it his project is lying in rubble around his ankles and his new-look team are only good for Alloa and Airdrie.

It is worth remembering Rangers defeated St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Scottish Cup winners Inverness last season en route to ignominy and embarrassment in a dreadful championship campaign.

Scottish football fans love their opinions the same way they love their wingers – occupation of the middle ground is rarely tolerated and the more outrageous the expression the better.

Yes, the centre of the Rangers defence looks porous against fleet-of-foot rivals. Yes, they need a commanding and experienced defensive midfield sitter and, yes, they need a penalty-box predator.

For sure they were lucky to beat Hibs 1-0 at Ibrox last month and who knows what might have happened had Steven Thompson not knocked that penalty over the bar for St Mirren with the score at 2-1 on the first day of the league season?

But Rangers have still delivered more Ws than Jonathan Ross singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat and have already shown they have enough about them to return to the top flight next season, probably with something to spare.

SNS Group
Gedion Zelalem is the only foreign talent at Mark Warburton's disposal
Still, the issue confronting Warburton is that he took the post with not only a Premiership return on the job description but a remit to challenge immediately for the title when he arrived there.

In effect he had three transfer windows to develop a squad good enough to challenge Celtic – and don’t dare underestimate Aberdeen – and it’s impossible to escape the conclusion the summer just passed was an opportunity missed.

Warburton’s squad have shown enough to suggest they are second-tier champions in waiting but have yet to prove the permanent buys are good enough to carry a title torch at the sharpest end of the Scottish game.

The former Brentford boss – supported by Dave King and his board – needed to bring in at least two quality
international players with first tier, title-winning nous to add to his array of developing talents in July and August.

Two more in January – never a good time to load your squad admittedly – plus another couple on pre-contracts would have eased the need to buy in bulk next summer but such an early exit from the Cup has only added to the pressure.

Warburton has an admirable football philosophy but it will only be successful if he has players skilful and experienced enough to force their will on stubborn defences.

An occasional nugget can be mined for a couple of hundred grand from the English lower leagues but, ultimately, quality costs and if he hasn’t already put pressure on the Rangers board for cash to spend he better start soon.

He should also phone Johannesburg and demand the immediate appointment of a head of scouting because Warburton needs support in player recruitment as he bids to mould a side of great entertainers.

Loan ace Gedion Zelalem apart, the current Rangers team are a British and Irish select. It’s admirable but their chances of success will be boosted by greater access to continental markets, especially Scandinavia, the low
countries and Eastern Europe.

As it stands Warburton must be more active over the next two transfer windows in the purchase of players who are the finished article or all but there.

Chairman King has been bullish about his ambitions to challenge Celtic for a piece of silverware they have come to call their own in recent seasons.

If he and Warburton are not careful, Livingston’s Tony Macaroni Arena will soon by joined by Humble Pie Park.

JimBHibees
25-09-2015, 08:20 AM
The Jonathan Ross line is a shocker, dear oh dear. Not even remotely funny.

Reads like a sort of article the club would write and given that paper's history it probably is.

GreenOnions
25-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately that's Scotland for you. He is almost certainly a Rangers fan and his paper want him to write articles that will please one of the two largest sections of their readership. It's funny actually how much it does read like a fan writing in the Rangers News.

Not really wanting to be controversial but this is one of the many reasons I'll never be a nationalist. In any area there will always be groups that are more numerous and who will dominate in some ways. It's the south-east of England in the UK and it's Glasgow in Scotland. There will always be calls from the "non-dominant" groups to separate from the dominant and the russian doll theory can very easily be applied. Not for me I'm afraid.

Much as though it's odd to see one of our supposed "national newspapers" print articles that would be more at home in a club's own publication - I think we just have to accept these things and use it is motivation to defeat them when we meet:agree:

Slim Shady
25-09-2015, 09:13 AM
''Ram" it right up them here

https://twitter.com/record_sport/status/646353538281533440

SirPsychoHibee
25-09-2015, 09:17 AM
The Rangers blogger they get to write for them once a week is always good for a chuckle. Unrivalled arrogance from the guy.

Liberal Hibby
25-09-2015, 09:26 AM
If you ignore the arrogant entitlement nonsense that comes with Rangers and its media cheerleaders, this is s really helpful article. It's calling on Dave King to splash the cash which they patently don't have...

Pretty Boy
25-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Speech impediments are comedy gold donchaknow :rolleyes:

Steve20
25-09-2015, 09:38 AM
It's an awful newspaper, but does anyone seriously think they won't win the Championship this season?

Spike Mandela
25-09-2015, 09:51 AM
It's an awful newspaper, but does anyone seriously think they won't win the Championship this season?

Unlike Daily Record editorial it's not guaranteed this early..........

They will drop points.

They will get injuries.

They may lose players in January.

There is still a distinct risk of administration.

We are barely one quarter way through the season.

Hibs are improving.

....I for one haven't given up on the title.

Geo_1875
25-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Speech impediments are comedy gold donchaknow :rolleyes:

Let's hope he's left cwying in his beer in May.

JimBHibees
25-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Why cant we win it? We have catching up to do of course and can ill afford losing silly points however Tuesday showed that they arent quite as good as Barcelona just yet.

Hibee87
25-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Let's hope he's left cwying in his beer in May.

You just reminded me of the only fools episode with tony angelo cwayyyaayyying :greengrin

Geo_1875
25-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Why cant we win it? We have catching up to do of course and can ill afford losing silly points however Tuesday showed that they arent quite as good as Barcelona just yet.

Wright had St Johnstone set-up to beat them and Stubbs now knows that we can play the same style (with numerous players missing). I don't see why we can't beat them in the remaining games. We will need to win most of our other games with a different style.

jacomo
25-09-2015, 10:06 AM

Yup, me.

lord bunberry
25-09-2015, 10:10 AM

Me. I think hibs will win it. I think we're a better team than them, I think we've got a stronger squad than them and I think we've got a better manager than them. My only nagging doubt is our inability to finish off some of the weaker teams when we're dominating games. Last season it took us too long to get into our stride, but this season after a shaky start we're winning games.

Pretty Boy
25-09-2015, 10:19 AM

I don't.

A few weeks ago I was pretty despondent but I said if we won every game between then and playing Rangers again I'd start to believe again. We are well on the way to doing that.

6 wins on the bounce and not conceding goals is pretty positive as far as I'm concerned. We have ground out results in games were we dropped points last year and showing glimpses of the team we may well be once we get everyone fit and gelled.

I'll be damned if I'm going to concede the league to Rangers after less than 25% of the season.

frazeHFC
25-09-2015, 10:21 AM

We will win it. :agree:

Ozyhibby
25-09-2015, 10:33 AM
We will win it if we start scoring more goals.

Cabbage East
25-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Agree, I think we will win the league if we keep doing what we're doing.

Ozyhibby
25-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Unfortunately that's Scotland for you. He is almost certainly a Rangers fan and his paper want him to write articles that will please one of the two largest sections of their readership. It's funny actually how much it does read like a fan writing in the Rangers News.

Not really wanting to be controversial but this is one of the many reasons I'll never be a nationalist. In any area there will always be groups that are more numerous and who will dominate in some ways. It's the south-east of England in the UK and it's Glasgow in Scotland. There will always be calls from the "non-dominant" groups to separate from the dominant and the russian doll theory can very easily be applied. Not for me I'm afraid.

Much as though it would be nice to see one of our supposed "national newspapers" print articles that would be more at home in a club's own publication - I think we just have to accept these things and use it is motivation to defeat them when we meet:agree:

If Glasgow is so dominant, why is it so much poorer? I've never heard of a dominant group in a country keep itself in poverty while the rest of the country prospers. Is there anywhere else this happens?

Ringothedog
25-09-2015, 12:34 PM

I would hope that everyone who plays and works for Hibernian FC think that we can win it. I certainly believe we have a chance of winning the Championship.

Ringothedog
25-09-2015, 12:36 PM
We will win it if we start scoring more goals.

We are consistently scoring more goals than the opposition, surely that is all that matters ?

GreenOnions
25-09-2015, 01:01 PM
If Glasgow is so dominant, why is it so much poorer? I've never heard of a dominant group in a country keep itself in poverty while the rest of the country prospers. Is there anywhere else this happens?

Its greater numbers make it dominant in terms of demand for products and services - of which sports news is only one. Providers of products and services will take far more notice of Glasgow than anywhere else in Scotland.

In the broader sense I think your question is a really interesting one and it's got me thinking ................. not that anything will come of that of course :cool2:

Jack Hackett
25-09-2015, 01:24 PM
We were behind them this time last year

Franck Stanton
25-09-2015, 01:50 PM
We were behind them this time last year

Aye, but this time last year they had aunt sally as a manager [& I do use that term lightly]

Prof. Shaggy
25-09-2015, 01:56 PM

I don't disagree at all, but Wednesday showed that Barcelona aren't as good as Barcelona.:greengrin

Baader
25-09-2015, 02:06 PM
The Record is an utter embarrassment to anyone that can read. It's been dumbed down so much you have to wonder the mental age of audience they think they are writing for. Single figures surely?