PDA

View Full Version : Negatives from last night?

iwasthere1972
24-09-2015, 09:16 PM
The chips. First time I've bought chips at Easter Road and will be the last. I was hoping to get soup but they didn't have any. Chips were complete rank and I'm beginning to wonder if they use potatoes or wood bark. The were hard as nails. Ate about six and almost choked on them. The remainder I stuck under my seat. For £2 or whatever they were I would expect better.

How difficult is it to produce a chip that's edible.

Just saying likes.

HappyAsHellas
24-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Whilst I can in no way disagree with you, I did find the chips a refreshing change after the pies.

GreenLake
24-09-2015, 09:19 PM
The chips. First time I've bought chips at Easter Road and will be the last. I was hoping to get soup but they didn't have any. Chips were complete rank and I'm beginning to wonder if they use potatoes or wood bark. The were hard as nails. Ate about six and almost choked on them. The remainder I stuck under my seat. For £2 or whatever they were I would expect better.

Just saying likes.

They should move that vendor on to Tynecastle where they could make use of his chips to secure the bits falling off their stand.

StevieBoyKdy
24-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Why do they not sell either chips nor pizza in the west upper stands.

Andy74
24-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Steak pies still stick to the bottom. No point getting served them more quickly when they are barely eatable.

You got to wonder where the priorities lie.

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 09:24 PM

It's a Class thing mate :greengrin

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Why do they not sell either chips nor pizza in the west upper class stands.

Fixed that for you :aok:

Broken Gnome
24-09-2015, 09:29 PM

Just saying likes.

How bloody difficult would it be to put a pot of soup on as well. Would be bugger all effort in cost and difficulty for them. Never understood why football clubs don't do it.

monktonharp
Whilst I can in no way disagree with you, I did find the chips a refreshing change after the pies.Whilst listening to your concerns, re-the aforementioned pies, I have to disagree. I bought 2 of them and asked the girl to distinguish ,as one was a steak, the other a mince. I thought I got the steak, but it took 5 mins to get it oot the tin stuff and actually get a bite. tasted something between mince and steak but still undecided. Also, she had run out of Bovril, 3 minutes after the second half KO.

SteveHFC
The pizza last night was decent for a change.

Andy74
24-09-2015, 09:31 PM
The pizza last night was decent for a change.

Come on now. Negative stuff only.

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Whilst listening to your concerns, re-the aforementioned pies, I have to disagree. I bought 2 of them and asked the girl to distinguish ,as one was a steak, the other a mince. I thought I got the steak, but it took 5 mins to get it oot the tin stuff and actually get a bite. tasted something between mince and steak but still undecided. Also, she had run out of Bovril, 3 minutes after the second half KO.

It would be better to let the club know, rather than posting on here (not having a go at you):wink:

iwasthere1972
24-09-2015, 09:34 PM

They do but all the rejected produce is then sent over to the east and FF for us lower class peasants to buy.

snedzuk
24-09-2015, 09:36 PM

To prevent projectile vomiting on those of us in the west lower.

monktonharp
24-09-2015, 09:36 PM
not a pizzaover. must be a generation thing,but, itlooks a bit rubbery. is it not just a bit o' cheese oan a hard baked pasta thing? what is pizza? I'd prefer a haggis supper if honest.

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Nae Seagulls lastnight......Petrie :grr:

Gmack7
24-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Come on now. Negative stuff only.
it took forever to get out from the top of the east due to all those glory hunters staying beyond the final whistle,petrie:confused::confused:

Andy74
24-09-2015, 09:38 PM
it took forever to get out from the top of the east due to all those glory hunters staying beyond the final whistle,petrie:confused::confused:

I had someone sat next to me. What the hell was that about?!

Pete
24-09-2015, 09:41 PM

Is it maybe because there is a high percentage of adults in that section and pizza/chips is usually eaten by youngsters?

Good shout about the soup. There is a healthy mark-up so we might see it soon if suggested.

SaulGoodman
24-09-2015, 09:41 PM

Me too. Prick didn't stop singing either.

Gmack7
24-09-2015, 09:47 PM

Bang out of order.
there were grown men near me shouting and singing,i mean cmon some of us want to be alone in piece and quiet,there's a time and place for this sort of behaviour and it's not at Easter Road

iwasthere1972
24-09-2015, 09:49 PM
The match kicked off before I was my seat. I was only three minutes late as well. Thought they might have waited. Plus my seat wasn't warm.

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Me too. Prick didn't stop singing either.
I bet he stayed right to the end...Glory hunting bassa:greengrin

Malthibby
24-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Bang out of order.
there were grown men near me shouting and singing,i mean cmon some of us want to be alone in piece and quiet,there's a time and place for this sort of behaviour and it's not at Easter Road

You must have been in the East. My good wife & myself were dragged there again by my grandson & his mother, away from the quiet
solitude of the West Upper. Mind you, I'm sure I could here some singing from over there as well. It's not what i come to Easter Road for
either. I was even jostled by young ragamuffins on the way down the stairs.

PatHead
24-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Didn't get a chance for a good moan last night. Far too many happy folk around.

matty_f
24-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Took a while for my voice to recover today.

Edit: i realise this is only a negative for me.

jdships
24-09-2015, 10:19 PM
I just " bite the bullet" and wait until the game is finished and go to a decent " chippy" :greengrin

Jim44
24-09-2015, 10:20 PM
One real negative for me, and yes I'll be shot down for being a wet blanket, but I've always been critical of it, was Malonga's yellow card for removing his top. No big deal and understandable in the heat of the moment but might be regretted near the end of the season when he could become unavailable through suspension. Unnecessary yellow cards must be a manager's nightmare.

Thecat23
24-09-2015, 10:22 PM
I split my toenail when the second goal went in. Didn't feel it until this morning though. Why the hell hasn't Petrie sent out steel toe capped boots?

Sorry until they do I'm no going back!!!!!

Cameron1875
24-09-2015, 10:25 PM
The steak pies in BTG are just :hyper.
Presume the remaining ones left over get taken to hospitality?

In the concourse though it should always be a half pizza no? The rest of the food is rank!

marinello59
24-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Too long until the next game.

Thecat23
24-09-2015, 10:28 PM
One real negative for me, and yes I'll be shot down for being a wet blanket, but I've always been critical of it, was Malonga's yellow card for removing his top. No big deal and understandable in the heat of the moment but might be regretted near the end of the season when he could become unavailable through suspension. Unnecessary yellow cards must be a manager's nightmare.

After scoring what was prob the best goal of his career and against Scotland's inform team, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself either. I'd have ran into the east and up the stairs.

Emotions run high in games like last night and the crowd made it feel twice as important IMO so when he ran and ran.. and ran, then scored I'd tell him do what you like you deserve it.

I do know what your saying though, but if it was a tap in I wouldn't be happy with him. But that goal was just fantastic!

FranckSuzy
24-09-2015, 10:32 PM
Jason's barnet :duck::greengrin

Smartie
24-09-2015, 10:32 PM
How bloody difficult would it be to put a pot of soup on as well. Would be bugger all effort in cost and difficulty for them. Never understood why football clubs don't do it.

Cowdenbeath do.

I mean, I understand that on our budget we won't be able to compete with the tapas provided by Barcelona, but ffs we're not even able to make a pot of soup like Cowdenbeath!!!!

Sir David Gray
24-09-2015, 10:34 PM
The traffic into Edinburgh last night was ridiculously bad. I left the house around 6pm and didn't park up at Easter Road until just before 7:30pm, meaning that I missed seeing the players coming out to warm up and came close to even missing the start of the game! :grr:

high bee
24-09-2015, 10:40 PM
We've now got at least one extra fixture when our priority should be the league.

I suppose it's only big teams that get papped out the cup by a mid table Premiership team only a couple of weeks after stating they would be challenging for the title next year. Oh well we can but dream.

SteveHFC
24-09-2015, 10:41 PM
2-0 against a Aberdeen side is totally unacceptable. I demand a full refund on my ticket for last night and a refund on every season ticket I've bought for the last 18 years.

Thecat23
24-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Jason's barnet :duck::greengrin

That was the "highlight" of the night 😉😁

FranckSuzy
24-09-2015, 10:42 PM
That was the "highlight" of the night 

:thumbsup:

GordonHFC
24-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Nae Seagulls lastnight......Petrie :grr:

They didn't have the cup top up.

portycabbage
24-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Hipster Filth never scored again. He's only had one shot to save, what the **** are we paying him for? We need goals from all over the park, not just the strikers.

Oscar T Grouch
24-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Heard the food had changed so as I went to the game straight from work I got a steak pie and a white coffee. The pie was tepid at best with a soggy bottom, perfect temperature for food poisoning, pretty sure they should be 63deg under safe food regs. The coffee never changes tasted like dirty dishwater. Looks like it'll be another 5 years before I try anything else. Disappointed because we were told it would get better. Still by the end of the game I didn't care.

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 11:09 PM
They didn't have the cup top up.

:tee hee:

greenlex
24-09-2015, 11:20 PM
Had to go to work after the game.

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Heard the food had changed so as I went to the game straight from work I got a steak pie and a white coffee. The pie was tepid at best with a soggy bottom, perfect temperature for food poisoning, pretty sure they should be 63deg under safe food regs. The coffee never changes tasted like dirty dishwater. Looks like it'll be another 5 years before I try anything else. Disappointed because we were told it would get better. Still by the end of the game I didn't care.

That's because of the foil it's held in. It should be perforated to allow the heat to penetrate the bottom of the pie! But most of the time the holes are far to small and it allows the soft pastry to clog them up:agree:

silverhibee
24-09-2015, 11:29 PM
Steak pies still stick to the bottom. No point getting served them more quickly when they are barely eatable.

You got to wonder where the priorities lie.

£4.80 for a cheeseburger that was cold and wrapped in a bit of tin foil.

Did see a hot dog stand in the East stand, wasn't doing much trade though. Not a hot dog fan. :greengrin

silverhibee
24-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Scottish Police and that barrier, so f***ing annoying.

NAE NOOKIE
25-09-2015, 12:37 AM
For once my steak pie didn't stick to the foil and tasted quite nice :greengrin

When we arrived at ER about 6:30 I went to try and find a parking space at the bottom of St Clair street, the one space left on the corner at the cemetery side had a bloody cone in it, I've parked there 3 times before coz its never part of the disabled parking .......... after having a bit of a rant at the security guy his supervisor came over and removed the cone to let us park ...... result :greengrin

As we don't have a cup top up we sat in the FF upper ............. without doubt the best view in the stadium :greengrin

Sorry .... it was just a night where everything went right :greengrin

:flag:

Bristolhibby
25-09-2015, 05:48 AM
I missed the game as I live in England.

Absolutely unacceptable! Petrie!

J

lyonhibs
25-09-2015, 08:43 AM
not a pizzaover. must be a generation thing,but, itlooks a bit rubbery. is it not just a bit o' cheese oan a hard baked pasta thing? what is pizza? I'd prefer a haggis supper if honest.

:tee hee: I'd maybe do a spot of research beforehand if you're ever planning a trip to Italy and don't want to get lynched :greengrin

Haggis suppers are the dug's danglies though, I agree. Need to be a few scoops in myself before the idea of deep friend haggis goes from being rank to the best idea ever, so maybe only for evening games.

But seriously, I thought the catering and standards thereof were being looked at by a Working Together group or similar?

Any news on that front? There's been consistent complaints about the standard of both the actual food and the service for as long as I can remember.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Barca let me down for a Barca/R Mad HT-FT double.

rodhibs55
25-09-2015, 09:21 AM
I am fairly new to .net as you will see from number of posts etc. Everything so far I have posted has been positive and mostly it will always be as that's all I ever see Hibs as. So ...... a negative thread here's my first negative post:

I didn't get a flake with my pint before the game in Behind The Goals Bar. The head on it definitely warranted it.

Squealing pig
25-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Why was lochend bar shut . Has it been for a while. Negative no pre match pints

Newry Hibs
25-09-2015, 10:00 AM

Careful - we might start attracting niche Celtc supporters.

WeeRussell
25-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Anyone sample the burnt, deflated, deed, mashed and scattered sheep I caught a whift of drifting over?

Smelt braw :agree:

--------
25-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Careful - we might start attracting niche Celtc supporters.

So as well as being the Soapddogers and the Smellies, they're now the Soggy Bottom Bhoys? :greengrin

Green Reaper
25-09-2015, 12:23 PM
So as well as being the Soapddogers and the Smellies, they're now the Soggy Bottom Bhoys? :greengrin

Well there does tend to be quite a few men of constant sorrow in our support.....,,,sorry! 😀

147lothian
25-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Having to wait until Monday to see if we can get Morton at Easter Road, sorry for the lam effort but I can't think of any other negatives

Nakedmanoncrack
25-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Went straight from work so was wearing shirt & what must now be considered the lucky green tie, it's only seen two games - both fine midweek wins. The only previous wearing resulted in a - 3-1 at Ibrox last season - I know feel under pressure to wear it to any future midweek fixtures, even if not been working, and have started to question whether the playoffs may have had a different outcome had I wore it to the first leg..

E10 Rifle
25-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Worst chip I ever had was fantastic. Just saying.

Mon the chips

Alfred E Newman
25-09-2015, 08:47 PM
Left early to beat the traffic and missed the goals. :greengrin

Real Emerald
25-09-2015, 08:52 PM

Malonga took his top off and had a white t shirt under it. If it had been a fresh Hibs strip under it would he still have been booked? What part of the stupid rules does that come under? Silly question I know but............:rolleyes:

Cheshire Hibby
25-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Linesman on East touch line first half was blind and slow. Chips were fine!