PDA

View Full Version : Malonga's goal

FromTheCapital
24-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Big Dom showed what he can do last night when he really works for it. Looked hungry when he came on last night and his goal was simply sublime! Credit also to John McGinn for the goal, many players would have just punted it down the line when 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go but his vision to pick out Malonga in the middle of the park was superb. Delighted altogether after watching that last night. Proper gutsy Hibs performance. Anyway, well done Dom, please keep it up big man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
24-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Big Dom showed what he can do last night when he really works for it. Looked hungry when he came on last night and his goal was simply sublime! Credit also to John McGinn for the goal, many players would have just punted it down the line when 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go but his vision to pick out Malonga in the middle of the park was superb. Delighted altogether after watching that last night. Proper gutsy Hibs performance. Anyway, well done Dom, please keep it up big man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats why so many of us get so frustrated with the big fella, we know he has the skill/ability to do that but far too often he give the impression he just can't be bothered. Great when he does it though, truly fantastic goal. [Make you wonder how he missed that sitter at the weekend v Livingston].

Andy74
24-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Thats why so many of us get so frustrated with the big fella, we know he has the skill/ability to do that but far too often he give the impression he just can't be bothered. Great when he does it though, truly fantastic goal. [Make you wonder how he missed that sitter at the weekend v Livingston].

I'm not sure why this nonsense gets repeated so often. His general style has no impact on how involved he gets in the game - he has never, as far as I've seen, lacked any commitment or effort so its not a case of him just producing when he can be bothered.

He's been carrying an injury at times when he has played and I think that has held him back a a little at the start of this season but i wish people would stop going on about lack of effort.

greenlex
24-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I wonder what happened to his "couldn't give a ****" trademark goal celebration? :confused:

Jay
24-09-2015, 04:54 PM
I wonder what happened to his "couldn't give a ****" trademark goal celebration? :confused:

He started giving a **** hopefully :)

Scouse Hibee
24-09-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure why this nonsense gets repeated so often. His general style has no impact on how involved he gets in the game - he has never, as far as I've seen, lacked any commitment or effort so its not a case of him just producing when he can be bothered.

He's been carrying an injury at times when he has played and I think that has held him back a a little at the start of this season but i wish people would stop going on about lack of effort.

It's the signs people take from his body language that gives the impression (mistakenly I might add) of lack of effort.So many people read into it so it is there for most to see.

HH81
24-09-2015, 05:54 PM
It was great goal.

Pete
24-09-2015, 06:14 PM
The fact that he was wearing a number seven shirt somehow made it look that little bit better.

Magical footwork, pace and control.

Lago
24-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I 've just seen it onnTV and have to say his runningbstyle is not exactly gazelle like more languid.

SonOfDavidFrancey
24-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Nah but the final sidestep to beat the last defender was excellent.

Jonnyboy
24-09-2015, 06:45 PM
I 've just seen it onnTV and have to say his runningbstyle is not exactly gazelle like more languid.

And yet their number 10 looked like he was running full pelt and still never got near Dom :greengrin

Iceman1875
24-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Dom Malonga. One of the most frustrating players I've seen at ER. What a goal though!

At Easter Road we play...

Iggy Pope
24-09-2015, 07:01 PM

A languid gazelle then that fought off his attackers with the ball never more than a hoof away.

anon1875
24-09-2015, 07:16 PM
I think he looked sharp when he came on. He had plenty of energy so naturally his touch/control will be better than when energy levels have dropped.

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2015, 07:31 PM

:aok:

I hate hearing people shouting that he is lazy......I really like DM, holds ball up well, and last night was poetry in motion......Love the big guy.....

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2015, 07:32 PM

Really?? Logan is no slouch, but hey ho......

FranckSuzy
24-09-2015, 07:37 PM
He started giving a **** hopefully :)

:tee hee: :thumbsup:

The_Sauz
24-09-2015, 08:48 PM

He is suppose to be one of the best in the premiership.........

that's until King Dom made him out to be a right hudie :greengrin

jacomo
24-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Couldn't believe none of the Dons trio put a proper challenge in on him but I bet they didn't think he could punish them like he did.

The haters should relax and just try to enjoy what Don brings to the team.

Lago
24-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Yes really.

hfc rd
24-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Amazing goal! The way he sold Logan and then coolly slotted it in was world class! It's the sort of goal if Messi or Ronaldo had scored, it would repeatedly be getting shown over and over again by sky.

Wilson
25-09-2015, 12:57 AM
:aok:

I hate hearing people shouting that he is lazy......I really like DM, holds ball up well, and last night was poetry in motion......Love the big guy.....

I'd say he was more a limerick in motion.

Pete
25-09-2015, 04:58 AM
And yet their number 10 looked like he was running full pelt and still never got near Dom :greengrin

If it's that boy with the yellow boots you're talking about then look again. He does actually catch him but watch how Dom reacts when he does. He fends him off with a shrug of his shoulder while he ups his pace slightly causing the boy to back off and leave it to his defenders who are already on the back foot and vulnerable.

It was all done within a matter of seconds and you simply can't teach that.

SunshineOnLeith
25-09-2015, 03:41 PM
The sidestep/shimmy to beat Logan was out of this world, don't think Dom's pulse got above 60 from the moment he received the ball until he scored. Coolness personified.

lucky
25-09-2015, 03:54 PM
He plays for himself not the team. His celebration confirmed that to me. It was a great goal but shocking defending. Malonga can be a decent player when he wants but by no way was the goal world class.

Andy74
25-09-2015, 04:06 PM
He plays for himself not the team. His celebration confirmed that to me. It was a great goal but shocking defending. Malonga can be a decent player when he wants but by no way was the goal world class.

I think it would be difficult to argue that anything that could happen in a Hibs v Aberdeen game could be world class.

The rest of your post is just lazy, regurgitated nonsense.

Scouse Hibee
25-09-2015, 04:52 PM

His goal was different class, you won't see many if any like it this season at our level. What's with this decent player when he wants pish?

Cheshire Hibby
25-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Dom Malonga. One of the most frustrating players I've seen at ER. What a goal though!

At Easter Road we play...

Agree. I'm not convinced by Dom but credit where credit's due. The boy did well. Super goal.

Paloschi
25-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Sorry but anyone who thinks Malonga may be lazy or not good enough does not understand football. These are the people that probably loved James Collins work rate. Good strikers reserve their energy for certain situations

madabouthibs
25-09-2015, 10:20 PM
His finishing and skill you might say far outweigh his effort and fight. He'd score a wad of goals if the service to him was better. He's no grafter, but I reckon he's probably the first choice player I'd want a loose ball to fall to in the box.

Carheenlea
25-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Sorry but anyone who thinks Malonga may be lazy or not good enough does not understand football. These are the people that probably loved James Collins work rate. Good strikers reserve their energy for certain situations

Some may say he's been saving that energy up for quite some time :greengrin

linlithgowhibbie
25-09-2015, 11:00 PM
unless its at livi and a yard out

Johnny_Leith
26-09-2015, 04:56 PM
unless its at livi and a yard out

Speaking of which.....

http://youtu.be/GnX8hCD7j_4

God Petrie
26-09-2015, 04:59 PM
If malonga was white would his gait be such an issue. Think it through then let us know if I can ignore the idiotic drivel in this thread or not.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2015, 06:08 PM
If malonga was white would his gait be such an issue. Think it through then let us know if I can ignore the idiotic drivel in this thread or not.

Think you are the only one that has mentioned the colour of his skin.

FranckSuzy
26-09-2015, 07:47 PM

Seriously?

Sir David Gray
27-09-2015, 11:46 AM

B.H.F.C
27-09-2015, 12:04 PM

Bringing up the colour of his skin is the only idiotic thing on this thread.

Persevere80
28-09-2015, 07:55 PM
I've only just seen his goal now. And what a goal it was. Amazing to see him take on three players with confidence, with the ball so close to his feet and then put it away. Hibs class.....

Ronster117
29-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Oh dear.........:wtf:

bookert
29-09-2015, 11:41 AM

well i am old enough to remember Ally Macleod getting stick re his languid running style after we signed him from Southampton.

lyonhibs
29-09-2015, 05:43 PM

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

SkintHibby
29-09-2015, 07:23 PM
I've only just seen his goal now.

LOL, you been living in a cave for the last week?:wtf::greengrin

MJN1875
29-09-2015, 10:54 PM

I don't understand what you mean by this????

KWJ
30-09-2015, 04:07 AM
Speaking of which.....

http://youtu.be/GnX8hCD7j_4

First I've seen of that, Dom's miss was a shocker but just as big an error there was McGinn on the corner of our box, what was he thinking!?