PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Aberdeen

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't usually bother with .5s ........ but think I have to for this game :greengrin

Oxley ......... 8 .... Barely put a foot wrong and had a couple of decent saves ... the fact that he had less than expected to do against a forward line with Goodwillie and Rooney in it speaks volumes for our defence.

Gray ....... 8.5 ....... Up and down the park all night and covered well too ... back to his best last night.

Fontaine ..... 9 ...... Was dominant against probably the second best attack in Scotland, he seemed to relish the challenge.

Hanlon ..... 10 .... ( ten ) ..... What can you say, arguably his best ever game for Hibs, he was simply outstanding.

McGregor ..... 9 ...... Calm under pressure and complimented his partners very well ... for a guy who hasn't played much lately he was excellent.

Stevenson ..... 8.5 ..... put in a great shift and had his best game of the season.

McGinn ...... 8 ..... His delivery was a bit dodgy at times, but he worked his socks off and had a big influence on the game.

Henderson ..... 7 ..... I thought he must have been injured when he was subbed, he was playing well IMO .... the 7 reflects his lack of time on the pitch, not his effort.

McGeouch ..... 9 ..... Fought for the ball, and then fought for it again and again and again and again, did well when he had it too a great effort from him.

Boyle ...... 8 ...... Buzzed about the place all night and kept the Aberdeen defence hard at it for the 90 minutes.

Cummings ..... 8 ..... He had a tough job against a defence that doesn't let many in, but he stuck at it well and scored a peach of a goal ... the goal was a 10 btw.

SUBS:

Carmichael ..... 7.5 ..... Easily his best game for Hibs, he got right into it when he came on, looking forward to more of that.

Malonga .... 6 ..... What a goal !!!

Bartley ..... I wont score him coz he was only on a few minutes ... considering the fouls from Aberdeen not punished in the 5 minutes previously he was unlucky to be booked.

Stubbs ...... 10 ... ( ten ) ...... He got his tactics spot on and had the team well up for it, what more can you ask from a manager.

The team as a whole http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif......... Matched and beat the team unbeaten all season and 5 points in front of Celtic at the top of the league.

Iain G
24-09-2015, 12:30 PM
I don't usually bother with .5s ........ but think I have to for this game :greengrin

Oxley ......... 8 .... Barely put a foot wrong and had a couple of decent saves ... the fact that he had less than expected to do against a forward line with Goodwillie and Rooney in it speaks volumes for our defence.

Gray ....... 8.5 ....... Up and down the park all night and covered well too ... back to his best last night.

Fontaine ..... 9 ...... Was dominant against probably the second best attack in Scotland, he seemed to relish the challenge.

Hanlon ..... 10 .... ( ten ) ..... What can you say, arguably his best ever game for Hibs, he was simply outstanding.

McGregor ..... 9 ...... Calm under pressure and complimented his partners very well ... for a guy who hasn't played much lately he was excellent.

Stevenson ..... 8.5 ..... put in a great shift and had his best game of the season.

McGinn ...... 8 ..... His delivery was a bit dodgy at times, but he worked his socks off and had a big influence on the game.

Henderson ..... 7 ..... I thought he must have been injured when he was subbed, he was playing well IMO .... the 7 reflects his lack of time on the pitch, not his effort.

McGeouch ..... 9 ..... Fought for the ball, and then fought for it again and again and again and again, did well when he had it too a great effort from him.

Boyle ...... 8 ...... Buzzed about the place all night and kept the Aberdeen defence hard at it for the 90 minutes.

Cummings ..... 8 ..... He had a tough job against a defence that doesn't let many in, but he stuck at it well and scored a peach of a goal ... the goal was a 10 btw.

SUBS:

Carmichael ..... 7.5 ..... Easily his best game for Hibs, he got right into it when he came on, looking forward to more of that.

Bartley ..... I wont score him coz he was only on a few minutes ... considering the fouls from Aberdeen not punished in the 5 minutes previously he was unlucky to be booked.

Stubbs ...... 10 ... ( ten ) ...... He got his tactics spot on and had the team well up for it, what more can you ask from a manager.

The team as a whole http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif......... Matched and beat the team unbeaten all season and 5 points in front of Celtic at the top of the league.

What about Malonga ;-)

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2015, 12:36 PM
What about Malonga ;-)

Was busy correcting that while you were posting :greengrin

Centre Hawf
24-09-2015, 01:31 PM
All 10/10.

Hanlon was my MOTM though. The guy just oozes class the way he plays.

erin go bragh
24-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Cmon . 6 for King Dom . Surely a 9 for that goal :)

GGTTH

hibsbollah
24-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Good ratings, that's pretty much how I saw it. Assuming you got the 6 confused with a 9 for Malonga though:wink:

Franck Stanton
24-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Think the score of 6 for Malonga was because of the short time he was on the pitch, fantastic goal however, but for his overall play, apart from the goal, I agree with the 6 given.

Andy74
24-09-2015, 03:54 PM
6 for Malonga!!???

Scoring one of the best goals I've seen at Easter Road and quality of celebration deserves a bit more!

FromTheCapital
24-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Oxley (8) - Had a few nervy moments but altogether, he was very good last night. I started a thread about him after the 1-0 defeat at Ibrox (probably out of frustration) but that's 9 clean sheets in 13 games... Can't argue with that! Great save at 0-0 as well.

Gray (9) - Back to his best last night. Up and down the right flank all night. Proper captain's performance!

McGregor (8) - Looked assured on the ball and slotted in to the back 3 excellently. Very impressive.

Fontaine (9) - Got given sponsors man of the match and strolled the game. Back to his best again last night too!

Hanlon (10) - yes, 10... What a performance! His best performance in a Hibs shirt and he got my MOTM.

Stevenson (8) - Pretty much the same as Gray. Got stuck in and got forward as much as possible.

McGinn (8) - His delivery wasn't great but he battled incredibly well and dominated the show in the 1st half. Great vision for Malonga's goal too!

Henderson (7) - Still finding his feet slightly in my opinion. Looked gutted when he came off which is good to see. He'll have a big part to play this season.

McGeouch (8) - Much like McGinn. Showed real desire to get the win. Really starting to settle in at Hibs. Delighted we got him permanently!

Boyle (8) - Caused problems all night with his pace. Was unlucky a couple times with the break of the ball but his work rate was first class.

Cummings (8) - Took him 70 minutes to get into the game but when he arrived, he looked like a real player. Few terrific runs finished off with a beauty of a goal!

Subs:

Carmichael (7) - Better from him last night. Gave their full backs a bit more to think about when he came on.

Malonga (8) - that goal have me an erection. Dom at his very best.

Bartley (no time).

Tactics:

Stubbs (10) - Spot on! His subs as well worked a treat. Was spot on in his comments about Easter road having that atmosphere more often. We still need more than 8,500 Hibs fans at games though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2015, 04:09 PM
6 for Malonga!!???

Scoring one of the best goals I've seen at Easter Road and quality of celebration deserves a bit more!

The goal was a 10 :greengrin

Dibben
24-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Don't know how we can rate our team so highly...

Dons fan at work states:

Hibs parked the bus early on.
All Hibs chances we weak shots
Aberdeen weren't really bothered about cup
Ref was terrible

Blah, blah, blah...

snedzuk
24-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Dons fan at work states:

Ref was terrible

Blah, blah, blah...

Baa, baa, baa surely!

FranckSuzy
24-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Baa, baa, baa surely!

:tee hee: :top marks

hfc rd
24-09-2015, 11:31 PM

Dons fan at work states:

Ref was terrible

Blah, blah, blah...

Typical sheep supporter!

tanfield
25-09-2015, 12:16 PM
I might be going against the grain a bit but whilst it was a fantastic result I didn't think the performance was that great, especially first half.

Hibs looked rushed and panicky on the ball at times and it was a marked difference for them to be pressed so quickly. Credit due to Aberdeen for that. They were more comfortable on the ball which you would expect although their end product was poor. My ratings:

Oxley - not really that much to do, looked fairly assured although questionable low punch out in first half that may have had consequences - 7
Gray - Much better. Great work rate - 8
Mcgregor - Decent. Lapse in concentration in first half when playing onside an aberdeen player could have been costly - 7
Fontaine - Excellent - 9
Hanlon - Excellent, strong performance - 9
Stevenson - Good performance. Nice to see him taking on a player and great move second half when he surged between 2 sheepies - 8
Mcginn - like him. Set plays were poor but great desire - 7
Dylan - Looked a bit off the pace first half and caught out a few times with he pace in Aberdeen midfield. Decent enough though - 7
Henderson - As with Dylan,pace of the sheepies midfield seemed to catch him of guard. Decent enough - 7
Boyle - unlucky a couple of times when he almost broke through. With the pace he has would like to see him press the defenders more - 6
Cummings - thought he was poor for most of the game. Jogging around is not pressing the defenders. You either press or you don't. Better second half with that great run when we could have squared it. Fantastic goal! - 7

Subs

Malonga - great goal and great feet when we tried to keep the ball in the corner - 6
Carmichael - quite impressed. Great desire and work rate - 6
Bartley - no time to make any impact apart from flattening one of their players

Stubbs - 10. Tactics were spot on

Tollhouse Hibee
25-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Oxley 7 A good couple of saves, but a couple of crosses which he should have claimed, and we were lucky not to get punished. A real improvement from him this year.

Gray 8 when he plays like that he is the best RB in Scotland
Stevenson 8 exactly what you expect from mr dependable, tho was blowing out his ar*e after 85 mins.
McGregor 7 it showed early that he was not that familiar playing with some of the midfielders, but overall a good job
Hanlon 9 easily the best performance of his career in the middle of the back 3
Fontaine 10 could not fault a thing all game, even a couple of bursts forward to act as a target man for the high ball

McGinn 8 will be a better footballer than Scotty Allan. Just needs to practice set pieces, they were not good enough
Henderson 7 quiet game for him, and should have let a left footer take the free kick in the first half. Good to see him angry when hooked.
McGeoch 8 Great game by Dylan, really got stuck into the sheep

Boyle 8 his best game in a Hibs jersey, just needs to finish more

Cummings 7 i said during the game he was out his depth, and he was for 70 mins, until he had that run forward, and the belief just flowed from there

Carmichael 6 one of his biggest critics, but looks like he may be a player after all

Malonga 8 again he rips my knitting, but you cant fault a goal like that

Bartley 4 no time to do much but get booked

Stubbs 9 Well done Alan. I have been a critic sometimes for your lack of use of subs, but you got it right this time.

GreenOnions
25-09-2015, 01:19 PM
I thought the victory was based on the whole team defending brilliantly with good energy and commitment and maintaining fantastic organisation. Aberdeen just passed the ball about in their own half and couldn't penetrate at all. In the end they really ran out of ideas and lumped a lot of balls into our box to no avail. They had one shot on target all night. It was definitely a case of the Dons not being allowed to play rather than them having an off-night.

Going forward we were less impressive - although both goals were fantastic. Granted - we were playing against a good team - but our passing was more inaccurate than normal and we were a little hesitant again about having a pop at goal or making the final, difficult pass. Our set pieces from McGinn were extremely poor - work definitely required there.

Excellent overall team performance with Hanlon in particular absolutely outsanding. Still work to do though on the attacking front - although I do think we'll improve in that department as confidence continues to grow.

TheFamous1875
25-09-2015, 01:31 PM
I thought the victory was based on the whole team defending brilliantly with good energy and commitment and maintaining fantastic organisation. Aberdeen just passed the ball about in their own half and couldn't penetrate at all. In the end they really ran out of ideas and lumped a lot of balls into our box to no avail. They had one shot on target all night. It was definitely a case of the Dons not being allowed to play rather than them having an off-night.

Going forward we were less impressive - although both goals were fantastic. Granted - we were playing against a good team - but our passing was more inaccurate than normal and we were a little hesitant again about having a pop at goal or making the final, difficult pass. Our set pieces from McGinn were extremely poor - work definitely required there.

Excellent overall team performance with Hanlon in particular absolutely outsanding. Still work to do though on the attacking front - although I do think we'll improve in that department as confidence continues to grow.

All you hear is that 'Hibs need a finisher' but I'm with you on the matter.

We have Cummings, Malonga, Keatings, El-Alagui, Feruz and Anier on our books - Cummings and Malonga aren't the most 'clinical' of strikers, but they can both put the ball in the net. Them, supported by goals from Keatings, Anier and Feruz and Farid will see us put away A LOT more chances this season. Last season we couldn't drop Cummings or Malonga, this season there's a bevy of players capable of taking their place as soon as their standards drop. We'll see a lot more goals this season, of that I am sure.

TheFamous1875
25-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Carmichael 6 one of his biggest critics, but looks like he may be a player after all

I think it's worth us bearing in mind that he's made a huge step up from QOTS. Regardless of being in the same league or them being a decent team, going from a 'lower league' team from the borders to unquestionably one of the biggest clubs in the country in the capital city is a huge change of pace in almost every regard of life. From his display against Aberdeen we are seeing a glimpse of what he is capable of and there's no doubt in my mind that he can go on to have a great career at Easter Road, he's just needs time to be bedded in.

147lothian
25-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Was I the only one thinking what are you doing bringing off Cummings he gave their defenders no rest l game, then it was a case off wow what an inspired move to bring on Malonga, as for Hanlon I was starting to think we need a no nonsense central defender to take his place then he plays a blinder against a very good attacking team. In Stubbs I trust, 10 out of 10

tanfield
25-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Was I the only one thinking what are you doing bringing off Cummings he gave their defenders no rest l game, then it was a case off wow what an inspired move to bring on Malonga, as for Hanlon I was starting to think we need a no nonsense central defender to take his place then he plays a blinder against a very good attacking team. In Stubbs I trust, 10 out of 10

All about opinions but I thought that Cummings didn't pressure the defenders enough. Seemed to think that jogging about was enough. Example on point was when the keeper cleared the ball of his own defender and the ball went back into the penalty box. I was expecting Cummings to be haring after it but he was content to jog towards the ball making it a comfortable clearance for the defender.

southern hibby
25-09-2015, 04:22 PM
I thought that Hibs matched Aberdeen all night in every aspect of the game except the first 8-9 minutes of the second half were I thought Aberdeen were turning the screw on us.

However the rest they say is History and for what it's worth don't give a monkeys what some Ba Ba fan says. They were beaten by the better team,
End of.

GGTTH