PDA

View Full Version : Penalty shout

matty_f
24-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Looked like a clear handball shortly before Cummings scored so imho we should have had a penalty.

We have a ridiculous number of penalty shouts ignored, imho. When you see the number of penalties The Rangers get it's very frustrating.

I actually thought the ref gave us very little last night. Again.

Hibbyradge
24-09-2015, 08:30 AM
I thought it was a handball too, but I thought the ref did well otherwise.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Looked a penalty to me.

I actually thought the ref was ok last night on the whole, better than a few we have had recently.

The East side linesman was a farce though. Was terrified to give any decision, even the most obvious throw ins, and was constantly looking to the ref for guidance. It was embarrassing at times.

Kato
24-09-2015, 08:33 AM
I thought it was a handball too, but I thought the ref did well otherwise.

He did. Bar the penalty and the awful foul on Carmichael which should have been a straight red.

Booking Bartley soon after showed him to be a bit of a weirdo, but then again they all are.

Peevemor
24-09-2015, 08:41 AM
He did. Bar the penalty and the awful foul on Carmichael which should have been a straight red.

Booking Bartley soon after showed him to be a bit of a weirdo, but then again they all are.

I thought he was pretty inconsistent. Bartley was booked for his first foul, which was no worse than others (non-booked) which had gone before.

He also let the Aberdeen players off with a lot of fouling/shoving when going for high balls.

DaveF
24-09-2015, 08:41 AM
There was a hand ball in the first half where the Aberdeen player controlled a long diagonal pass on the west stand touchline off his foot onto his arm and he waved play on. Then he gave them a soft foul seconds later just to rub it in.

Peevemor
24-09-2015, 08:43 AM
I also think Oxley's reputation for time wasting got him booked, rather than the incident itself where he wasn't even given the chance to waste any.

matty_f
24-09-2015, 08:46 AM
There was a hand ball in the first half where the Aberdeen player controlled a long diagonal pass on the west stand touchline off his foot onto his arm and he waved play on. Then he gave them a soft foul seconds later just to rub it in.

:agree: that one pissed me off because of the foul we conceded at Ibrox where the ref gave handball against McGeouch.

Was it the same ref?

Alfred E Newman
24-09-2015, 08:49 AM
To be fair there was a suspicion of a push on Pawlett when he headed over the bar.

Kato
He also let the Aberdeen players off with a lot of fouling/shoving when going for high balls.

Yes, they were going into the Hibs' players backs a lot, two-handed shoves/nudges. Gave us nothing.

Forgot about that - he was rubbish and a weirdo.

Johnny_Leith
Thought the ref was ok, Bartleys yellow was harsh and I was screaming for a red for the tackle that was a week late on Carmeichal but I'm biased.

Thought we got away with one when Pawlett headed over with Gray shoving him but would like to see both pen shouts again.

Peevemor
24-09-2015, 08:59 AM
There was also the sheep scrote (can't remember who) who should have been booked for his ridiculous dive 2 minutes from time.

Gatecrasher
24-09-2015, 09:13 AM
There was also the sheep scrote (can't remember who) who should have been booked for his ridiculous dive 2 minutes from time.

Was that no Pawlett?

hibee_girl
24-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Was that no Pawlett?

:agree:

maturehibby
24-09-2015, 09:40 AM

Rooney the culprit

Peevemor
24-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Rooney the culprit

I think it was.

MartinfaePorty
24-09-2015, 09:45 AM
McGinn booted McGeouch and no booking. 30 secs later Bartley trips Dons player: yellow. Agree Jack should have been off as well for his lunge. Other than that he did ok!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Scott Allan Key
24-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Was that no Pawlett?

It was Rooney but remember when Pawlett dived theatrically by East touch line after soft foul from Gray in 2nd half trying to get him second yellow?

PatHead
24-09-2015, 09:51 AM
So apart from being inconsistent on handballs, denying Hibs a clear penalty, not booking the Aberdeen player for diving, not sending the Aberdeen player off for the foul on Carmichael and booking Bartley for his first foul the ref had a good game?

Think the boos for him at half and full time told the story.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2015, 09:56 AM
I thought Ryan Jack was fortunate to avoid a red card right at the end as well.

The incident happened right in front of me and he just went right through Carmichael.

PatHead
24-09-2015, 09:59 AM
I thought Ryan Jack was fortunate to avoid a red card right at the end as well.

The incident happened right in front of me and he just went right through Carmichael.

More than fortunate. Even from the West it looked a straight red.

Late, no attempt to play the ball and could have inflicted an injury.

JimBHibees
24-09-2015, 10:33 AM
:agree: that one pissed me off because of the foul we conceded at Ibrox where the ref gave handball against McGeouch.

Was it the same ref?

Was indeed, compare and contrast.

Geo_1875
24-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Aberdeen defenders got away with a lot of shoves in the back of Cummings and Boyle. They were doing this long before the ball was anywhere near them so the referee had a hard job spotting them. There is no excuse for the linesmen who had the best view in rhe stadium. Also felt Rooney led a lot with his forearm/elbow and should have been penalised more. Pawlett is still a horrible diving **** and deserves a sore one.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2015, 12:13 PM
To be fair there was a suspicion of a push on Pawlett when he headed over the bar.

It was a penalty from where I was sitting. Fair play to Gray for doing the needful though.

I thought the ref did well overall. There were some poor decisions, but that's football.

southern hibby
24-09-2015, 12:49 PM
Rooney the culprit

There was me at the time turned to my mate and said should have been a penalty. I personally thought he was caught. Hoping to see it in the highlights as several folk around me thought he should have been booked for diving.
Just shows you that folk see things differently and am I glad they never got it as I had Cummings first goal scorer, Hibs to win 2-0 at 110/1 Marathonbet and Hibs to win 2-0 lad rookies at 22-/1.
Let's just say I'm a very very happy chappy.

GGTTH

cammy1969
24-09-2015, 01:36 PM
There was me at the time turned to my mate and said should have been a penalty. I personally thought he was caught. Hoping to see it in the highlights as several folk around me thought he should have been booked for diving.
Just shows you that folk see things differently and am I glad they never got it as I had Cummings first goal scorer, Hibs to win 2-0 at 110/1 Marathonbet and Hibs to win 2-0 lad rookies at 22-/1.
Let's just say I'm a very very happy chappy.

GGTTH

From where I was sat I thought it was a pen thought he was held back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portyhibernian
24-09-2015, 01:43 PM
From where I was in the east it did look like Hanlon clipped Rooneys heels in the box to be fair.

O'Rourke3
24-09-2015, 01:51 PM
I wasnt sure about their pen. Brooster was and confirmed today. That was the only thing he gave us whole game. East stand lino was hopeless but just reembered the west stand one watched the ball roll over a defender's foot and gave them the throw.....
Clear pen for us and the ref had a clear view.....
Sent via the bushes @ EM

oconnors_strip
24-09-2015, 01:57 PM
The linesman in front of the East was so slow and behind play, how on earth he passes fitness tests I will never know! Always asking or looking at the ref for which way the through in would be. Highest level match official my a***

Danderhall Hibs
24-09-2015, 04:27 PM
So apart from being inconsistent on handballs, denying Hibs a clear penalty, not booking the Aberdeen player for diving, not sending the Aberdeen player off for the foul on Carmichael and booking Bartley for his first foul the ref had a good game?

Think the boos for him at half and full time told the story.

Just shows the level of referee we've come to expect and accept now. All those mistakes and yet he had a good game?!

snooky
24-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Aberdeen defenders got away with a lot of shoves in the back of Cummings and Boyle. They were doing this long before the ball was anywhere near them so the referee had a hard job spotting them. There is no excuse for the linesmen who had the best view in rhe stadium. Also felt Rooney led a lot with his forearm/elbow and should have been penalised more. Pawlett is still a horrible diving **** and deserves a sore one.

He's always been a cheating little rat - along with all other despicable divers.

emerald green
24-09-2015, 04:57 PM
It was Rooney but remember when Pawlett dived theatrically by East touch line after soft foul from Gray in 2nd half trying to get him second yellow?

Pawlett is a cheat. It's as simple as that.

EDIT: The standard of refereeing (and linesmen) is poor generally, but divers like Pawlett don't make their job any easier. Way past time for a clamp down on diving.

Iggy Pope
24-09-2015, 05:40 PM

Happily, it was Shinnie and he appeared to do himself controlling the diagonal. Hobbled off a short while afterwards.

I thought the ref did ok last night, but the East side linesman first half... good grief.

Iggy Pope
24-09-2015, 05:44 PM
PS.. On the subject of diving. I think we are becoming accustomed to a different game in the Championship. It is not there. A few in the Dons side made me laugh. We need to get back up there (and we do) and deal with that every week.......

matty_f
24-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Saw the Pawlett appeal again on the highlights - never a pen imho.

Amazed that a ref could see McGeouch's as a handball but that same ref didn't see the handball against us.

JimBHibees
25-09-2015, 06:52 AM
Saw the Pawlett appeal again on the highlights - never a pen imho.

Amazed that a ref could see McGeouch's as a handball but that same ref didn't see the handball against us.

Would have been good for the Hibs appeal to be on the highlights.