PDA

View Full Version : Well done the Hibs Support

iwasthere1972
23-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Only about 8,500 of us there tonight but I thought we got right behind the team and helped them to victory. No moaners either.

More of the same on Saturday please.

Jonnyboy
23-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Only about 8,500 of us there tonight but I thought we got right behind the team and helped them to victory. No moaners either.

:agree: Atmosphere in the East was brilliant :aok:

Since1875Hibs
23-09-2015, 10:20 PM
Enjoyed that tonight. East was busier than usual.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Yep great support tonight, just delighted that we got the result we deserved for a change.

Fantastic night all round.

Weststandwanab
23-09-2015, 10:24 PM

The boy behind me complained all night that all the muffin man does is score goals ! until Jason scored then he complained about Dom..........

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-09-2015, 10:26 PM
It was a fantastic night and you could sense it might turn out to be a bit special.

I was hugging strangers and everything! :hug:

Alfred E Newman
23-09-2015, 10:28 PM

That is the hard core now and they were rewarded for their loyalty tonight.

gaz1875
23-09-2015, 10:29 PM
It was a fantastic night and you could sense it might turn out to be a bit special.

I was hugging strangers and everything! :hug:

Hahaha me too :blushie:

cabbageandribs1875
23-09-2015, 10:30 PM
to show my appreciation for that performance tonight...i've just purchased a ticket for arguably a more important game this saturday...see what happens when you start showing consistency hibs, you get my dosh :thumbsup:

Northern Hibby
23-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Support came over the radio sounding awesome was,as my girls say, well jel 😉

GreenCastle
23-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Was the best for a while.

Thought the Section 43 guys did well with the drum and mixture of songs.

The hardcore there tonight stood up and were counted and the evening just had a real buzz to it under the lights etc.

Bottom line is that if the players play like that most weeks fans and atmosphere should come back - though hard to get too carried away when you beat a part time team.

Well done everyone who went :aok:

Fergos
23-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Aye best atmosphere for a while tonight, well done to all, much more like ER.

Great night.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Aye best atmosphere for a while tonight, well done to all, much more like ER.

Great night.

GGTTH

This ....... The fans were great, shows what it can be like when the team give us something to get behind ... loved it http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

GreenLake
24-09-2015, 04:56 AM
My mate from South America liked the Hibs fans singing in the short video clips I sent as the match was streaming. Said he wants to come round and watch a game on HibsTV.

hibsbollah
24-09-2015, 05:22 AM
I Sat in the West last night 'for a change', which meant I got a great look at the bouncing support in the East:flag:you all looked great and I'll be back over to the best stand and away from the prawn sandwich munchers forthwith:agree:

a magical performance, on the pitch and off it. McInnes losing his cool and shouting abuse at us was priceless. That man is a potty mouth.

Mikey09
24-09-2015, 05:26 AM
Took a holiday from work and was there last night with my laddie. Taking another holiday on Saturday to go with him and my daughter... If last night doesn't get supporters back I have no idea what will??

liamh2202
24-09-2015, 05:50 AM
Couldn't make the game last night but sounded great on the radio. What I noticed was the old songs came across much louder on the tranny. Well done and I can't wait until Saturday

PatHead
24-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Spoke with a Don after the game and he was impressed at the noise the S43 made last night. Well done guys (and gals if there are any there?).

Ozyhibby
24-09-2015, 10:35 AM
It was great to see a bit of atmosphere return to Easter road. There is still a long road ahead to get the crowds back but the team winning is the most important factor in that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyHanlon
24-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Crowd was fantastic :agree:

Anyone else see the guy halfway up Section 43 in the East wearing the bunnet and trench coat?

Looked out his dome and was hugging anyone that was in a 7 seat radius - passionate :greengrin

hfc rd
24-09-2015, 11:31 AM
I Sat in the West last night 'for a change', which meant I got a great look at the bouncing support in the East:flag:you all looked great and I'll be back over to the best stand and away from the prawn sandwich munchers forthwith:agree:

a magical performance, on the pitch and off it. McInnes losing his cool and shouting abuse at us was priceless. That man is a potty mouth.

What did McInnes shout abusively towards the Hibs fans.

I was at the game as well last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Sitting in the East gave me memories of what it was like in the terracing. Atmosphere was fantastic. The lads in section 43 were brilliant! £80 well spent and worth it in the end! Feels great being a Hibby just now! 😀

GGTTH

R'Albin
24-09-2015, 11:34 AM
The best away fans in the world were awfully quiet.

Famous Fiver
24-09-2015, 11:39 AM
First time in what seems years that we have not had to slink away after a defeat in a big game. Great that we were not let down. Fair bounced down Albion Road after the game!!!

lyonhibs
24-09-2015, 11:39 AM

I was at the game as well last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Sitting in the East gave me memories of what it was like in the terracing. Atmosphere was fantastic. The lads in section 43 were brilliant! £80 well spent and worth it in the end! Feels great being a Hibby just now! 

GGTTH

Bloody hell, where were you sitting in the East? RP's gilded throne? :greengrin

Sounded somewhat raucous from the clips I've seen. A great effort.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here and say for the first 60 minutes give or take a lot of the crowd were getting right on my nerves. Every misplaced pass or mistake was greeted with a howl that would have done a werewolf at the full moon proud. For a period of about 10 minutes before half time the nerves and panic from the fans was evident and clearly transferred to the park. The constant shouts of 'run with it' and 'get ****ing forward' were a pain in the erse. I think a lot of the culprits just fundamentally don't understand the game and couldn't see every player was being asked to put in a disciplined performance last night.

In saying that after the first 7 or 8 minutes of the 2nd half when we stood firm in the face of Aberdeen really going at us it seemed to turn and everyone started to get behind the team. For the last 35 minutes or so the atmosphere was great and after we scored it was fantastic to see the whole place bouncing.

CropleyWasGod
24-09-2015, 12:20 PM
I'm going to go against the grain here and say for the first 60 minutes give or take a lot of the crowd were getting right on my nerves. Every misplaced pass or mistake was greeted with a howl that would have done a werewolf at the full moon proud. For a period of about 10 minutes before half time the nerves and panic from the fans was evident and clearly transferred to the park. The constant shouts of 'run with it' and 'get ****ing forward' were a pain in the erse. I think a lot of the culprits just fundamentally don't understand the game and couldn't see every player was being asked to put in a disciplined performance last night.

In saying that after the first 7 or 8 minutes of the 2nd half when we stood firm in the face of Aberdeen really going at us it seemed to turn and everyone started to get behind the team. For the last 35 minutes or so the atmosphere was great and after we scored it was fantastic to see the whole place bouncing.

I'm with you on that.

The first hour was flat. Felt like a collective "we know we're getting beat tonight, but let's see how well we do". Realism, but little passion.

Think it was Cummings' run, about the hour mark, that made people think "we might win this". That's when the atmosphere changed.

hfc rd
24-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Bloody hell, where were you sitting in the East? RP's gilded throne? :greengrin

Sounded somewhat raucous from the clips I've seen. A great effort.

£20 match ticket, £60 train return.

hibsbollah
24-09-2015, 05:43 PM

I was at the game as well last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Sitting in the East gave me memories of what it was like in the terracing. Atmosphere was fantastic. The lads in section 43 were brilliant! £80 well spent and worth it in the end! Feels great being a Hibby just now! 

GGTTH

mcinnes was doing a lot of running up and down the technical area shouting at his players, every second word was ****ing this and ****ing that, so folk were shouting stuff like 'oi it's a family stand mcinnes. Ya prick', which got a few laughs. The next time he did it a couple of people booed (including me) and he turned round and started mouthing off at us! Away and ****ing **** yerselves' if I recall rightly. It was pretty amusing if you have an infantile sense of humour, which i have:agree: I don't mind him being a potty mouth, I'm sure some people do, but it's good to know you're getting under the skin of the opposition.

he always seems very mild mannered and gracious on the TV as well.

Peevemor
24-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Email from Leeann

Well, last night wasn’t bad, was it?

We're delighted with the performance of Alan and his team in yesterday’s win. If you haven’t watched the highlights back yet they’re available on Hibs TV (http://communicatoremail.com/In/94048366/0/8BR_9bPYk_AxjJ_a7mCES4ocUSuJVVLp71PPQEbsR_~/) – I still can’t decide which goal I prefer!We were up against the country's in-form team and more than matched them across the park. We scored two excellent individual goals to cap a great team performance, and the defence showed why they've been receiving plaudits in the press of late. We needed that extra bit of support to see us through the last 10 minutes and the fans delivered. It was a very special end to the match and a great one to share with everyone that was there. Thanks for your efforts last night and over the season so far.

Saturday's game will make it five in six matches at Easter Road, and to me it's no coincidence that we've built up a bit of momentum with these home matches. We're going for our sixth win in a row now, and ideally another good performance to match.

Hopefully you'll be able to make it along to Easter Road on Saturday, or tune in on Hibs TV if you can't make it, and all going well we'll have another reason to celebrate. If you haven't got your ticket yet you can buy online (http://communicatoremail.com/In/94048367/0/8BR_9bPYk_AxjJ_a7mCES4ocUSuJVVLp71PPQEbsR_~/) or visit the Ticket Office.

Enjoy the game when it comes.

GGTTH

Leeann

CorrieHibs
24-09-2015, 06:12 PM
I took my mate to his first Scottish football match and he loved it. He can't wait for the next one.

Golden Bear
24-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Email from Leeann

Just got the same, it's good news week at HFC.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2015, 10:38 PM
mcinnes was doing a lot of running up and down the technical area shouting at his players, every second word was ****ing this and ****ing that, so folk were shouting stuff like 'oi it's a family stand mcinnes. Ya prick', which got a few laughs. The next time he did it a couple of people booed (including me) and he turned round and started mouthing off at us! Away and ****ing **** yerselves' if I recall rightly. It was pretty amusing if you have an infantile sense of humour, which i have:agree: I don't mind him being a potty mouth, I'm sure some people do, but it's good to know you're getting under the skin of the opposition.

he always seems very mild mannered and gracious on the TV as well.

He was certainly very gracious in defeat and complimentary of Hibs in his post match radio interview last night.

Phil MaGlass
25-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Been sick for the last few days, so, all I want to say is, well done the Hibs, great result and a great support, feels like the old days again, amazing what a result like this can do for you.

silverhibee
25-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Thanks.

E10 Rifle
25-09-2015, 09:07 PM
In many ways it the opposition on the pitch and their calibre that make the atmosphere good and the win a great one. On leaving the ground you could hear the buzz of excited people all the way down St Clair Street and onto Easter Road and beyond, and that's not something you get with a 2-0 win over Alloa, Livi, Dumbarton etc. It has to mean something and many of the games to date this season haven't had any intensity beyond an expectation that we'd win and a general flatness thereafter when we do. We must get out this league.

Alex Trager
26-09-2015, 12:34 AM
I was unfortunately not there due to severe financial and impending interview circumstances BUT I went absolutely crazy in the hearts end of town- the gyle-when we scored.

The second I was throwing chairs and punching settees alike. What a game.

We are.
Hibernian FC

ALF TUPPER
26-09-2015, 05:29 AM
Great performance , game & result. You can't beat a wee night game at Easter Road. I was up the back at Sect 43. Great fun.

Well done Stubbsy and the boys.

The support...? Was fantastic. We deserved a result like that 😊

Anyhoo.... St Midden. See you all there for more of the same