PDA

View Full Version : jason cummings

Unseen work
23-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Deserves a thread of his own

He had came on massively lately and is learning to play upfront on his own very well

The run he went on from the half way line was brilliant beating a couple of Aberdeen players, should of released the ball earlier but you will get that from time to time.

What a finish son

I'm_cabbaged
23-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Thought he should have been subbed before he scored tbh. That run had 2 players unmarked in the box, he made a right James Hunt of it. ****ing peach of a goal though!!!!

Andy74
23-09-2015, 09:26 PM
I thought up to his run he looked a bit out his depth. Great finish though which is what you get from him.

Pretty Boy
23-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Tbh I thought he struggled a wee bit against experienced, good defenders tonight. He was starting to get a bit frustrated as it wasn't really happening for him.

However he worked his socks off and kept plugging away and when he scores a goal like that then you can't fault him at all.

I really like him and he'll learn from experiences like that tonight, he's an exciting young player and will keep improving.

Scouse Hibee
23-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I couldn't believe he had the pace or the power to make that run. Then what about his goal....tremendous strike out of his top locker.

overdrive
23-09-2015, 09:30 PM
He was decent tonight. What is with his recurring bouts of cramp though?

Onceinawhile
23-09-2015, 09:34 PM
Had Malonga 86 in the first goal competition. Jase can gtf!!!

Seriously though. Well in jase. Same again on Saturday please.

Peevemor
23-09-2015, 09:48 PM

CL0762
23-09-2015, 09:49 PM
I thought he was incredibly frustrating for the majority of the game tonight, then when he decided to run at Considine he was getting a bit of luck.

Then he pulls an absolute screamer of a goal out of nowhere. He might not be the best on the eye but the boy scores goals and for me that's all that matters.

B.H.F.C
23-09-2015, 09:52 PM
I like him. Takes a bit of stick, which he sometimes deserves, but he'll comfortably be our top scorer again this year.

Great goal tonight.

Bishop Hibee
23-09-2015, 09:52 PM
His self-belief is immense which gives him an edge. Not a natural lone striker but good show assisted by Boyle who worked his socks off.

Jones28
23-09-2015, 09:55 PM
He's great, he has the stature of o'connor and the finishing ability of riordan, great combination. Fortunately he doesn't seem to have anything else in common with either of them

maturehibby
23-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Man behind me gave Jason big licks saying how useless he was and I said "All he does is score goals" - when he scored it gave me the greatest of satisfaction to turn round and say" I told you so " - what more can you ask from a Centre forward than to score goals - same as a Goalkeepers job is to stop goals

SirPsychoHibee
23-09-2015, 10:02 PM
Thought he was brilliant for the last 20 minutes or so. Started looking really dangerous and his finish was superb.

leither17
23-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Hopefully any goal bonus is spent on that dodgy haircut

Sammy7nil
23-09-2015, 10:12 PM
He's great, he has the stature of o'connor and the finishing ability of riordan, great combination. Fortunately he doesn't seem to have anything else in common with either of them

HaHa i will have a pint of what u have been drinking :greengrin seriosly though he does seem to be a scorer but along way to go to be mentioned alongside either of the above

Jones28
23-09-2015, 10:13 PM
HaHa i will have a pint of what u have been drinking :greengrin seriosly though he does seem to be a scorer but along way to go to be mentioned alongside either of the above

I don't know, we're either of them as prolific when they were his age?

gaz1875
23-09-2015, 10:35 PM
He's a goal scorer no doubts about that, frustrating at times but at his age fantastic asset to the club.

GreenCastle
23-09-2015, 10:38 PM
His goal was quality and considering he was up against a solid back 4 I thought he caused them problems.

I don't care if folk think he wasn't great - for me if he scores goals usually Hibs win games - so long may it continue - just look at his goal stats.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Outstanding goal from the wee man. Frustrating at times though. He needs to learn to use his right peg more. That was a great run he went on but he just point blank refused to use his right foot to shoot or square the ball and the chance went begging. Really good that he stuck at it though and had the confidence to pull the trigger for his goal.

Unseen work
23-09-2015, 10:44 PM
We need to also remember he was up against the best back 4 currently in the league.

I might be wrong but I'm positive Aberdeen have not conceeded a goal in open play this season.

The way he was running past defenders with speed and power was a real surprise and brilliant to see

cabbageandribs1875
23-09-2015, 10:51 PM
aberdeen defence are saying they were blinded by the muffin mans hair highlights at the goal...dazzled they were

Dunbar Hibee
23-09-2015, 11:01 PM
For me Jason gets a ridiculous amount of stick, and was absolutely delighted for him to score tonight. (And what a finish too btw). I think he has a very bright future ahead and hope we see him banging in the goals for the cabbage for the foreseeable.

talcy
23-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Outstanding goal from the wee man. Frustrating at times though. He needs to learn to use his right peg more. That was a great run he went on but he just point blank refused to use his right foot to shoot or square the ball and the chance went begging. Really good that he stuck at it though and had the confidence to pull the trigger for his goal.

Totally agree about how he should have used his right foot at the end of that run, but a few minutes later when he ended up in a similar position he did put the ball across goal using his right foot. Was really impressed with that. Despite being late in the game and presumably knackered mentally and physically, he didn't make the same mistake shortly afterwards. Fair play to him and a very decent performance against an impressive defence that were very "cute" with nudges and pushes to constantly put him off balance, helped no end by a seemingly oblivious ref. Not that long ago, I suspect Cummings would have been booked or hooked from a game like that having not scored. The fact he came off having scored a screamer and without a card is hopefully proof of his continuing development and a sign of much more to come.... ;-)

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2015, 11:19 PM
Thought he did get carded? Mibbie old age getting the better of me...

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2015, 11:19 PM
He wasn't having a lot of joy until that super run, I was screaming for him to cut it back but he just couldn't set himself to get a pass off. But from my view from the top deck of the FF what a brilliantly taken goal .... that'll do for me :aok:

.Sean.
23-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Thought it waft Barry Lavety with the hair

talcy
23-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Thought he did get carded? Mibbie old age getting the better of me...

Oxley (timewasting), Gray (foul), Malonga (celebrations) and Bartley (foul) were the 4 yellows dished out to Hibs players Viva.

Shrekko
23-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Bizarre that fans don't expect and accept a 20 year old to have a rough edge or two. Considering how often he produces the goods it's ridiculous how often he's supposedly 'frustrating' people.

I've been waiting all my Hibs supporting life for a McCoist/Robbo type. I'll happily take the rough with the smooth.

matty_f
23-09-2015, 11:48 PM
I had this debate with my son on the drive home. He thought Cummings was having an off night until he scored, whereas i thought he played a vital role and played it well all game.

I am right, of course.

greenlex
24-09-2015, 04:35 AM
The most frustrating footballer at ER. Great finisher and if he could just add that unselfish streak to his. Take it could have been more last night.

Fergos
24-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Bizarre that fans don't expect and accept a 20 year old to have a rough edge or two. Considering how often he produces the goods it's ridiculous how often he's supposedly 'frustrating' people.

I've been waiting all my Hibs supporting life for a McCoist/Robbo type. I'll happily take the rough with the smooth.

Good post.

JCs game is improving but far from the finished article as very few 20 year olds are...especially 20 year old strikers. Early to say if he's going to be our Robertson / McCoist type but a good shout and he could possibly turn out as they did, both proper goal scorers & nothing much else.

Took his goal brilliantly last night, a peach - as with King Doms!

GGTTH

Iain G
24-09-2015, 06:42 AM
The most frustrating footballer at ER. Great finisher and if he could just add that unselfish streak to his. Take it could have been more last night.

More so than Malonga? ;-)

happiehibbie
24-09-2015, 08:33 AM
He is 20 years old He is still a raw talent does not know how to hold the ball in falls over to often... he frustrates me know end with his parts of his game. As a goal scorer I can not fault him oh and at 7-1 on sky bet I thank you

OH an sorry for giving you pelters JC

on the whole best Hibs team performance i have seen in years PLEASE KEEP IT UP !

Bostonhibby
24-09-2015, 08:36 AM
He is 20 years old He is still a raw talent does not know how to hold the ball in falls over to often... he frustrates me know end with his parts of his game. As a goal scorer I can not fault him oh and at 7-1 on sky bet I thank you

OH an sorry for giving you pelters JC

on the whole best Hibs team performance i have seen in years PLEASE KEEP IT UP !

A precocious talent is being properly developed, enjoy every minute of his time with us, destined for a great career. Keep it up son.:flag:

hibee_girl
24-09-2015, 08:36 AM
I thought he was awful last night until he scored :greengrin

EdinMike
24-09-2015, 08:39 AM
... And that hair of his !

Just Alf
24-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Got myself booked into the hairdresser on monday for a "Cummings" :aok:

:greengrin

SeanWilson
24-09-2015, 09:08 AM

sign of a goal scorer though... no point spending the whole game looking like Messi if you cant hit the back of the net...

also... i dont think his goals ratio would be as good as it is if he wasn't so selfish at times...

he's still really young and he clearly has bags of talent... the right coach (cant see a better man than AS for a young lad coming up) should be able to fill in the blanks... its just a shame he's not blessed with pace anall... however, having said that, he'd prob be off daaan saaaath if that were the case.

lord bunberry
24-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Every team in the country wants a player like Jason. Scoring goals wins games and he scores lots of them.

neil7908
24-09-2015, 09:22 AM

Me too I must admit. Was wanting him off before his goal. Some of his build up play needs worked on but get him near the box and he's some player. With the right partner next to him he could get even more

Onion
24-09-2015, 09:28 AM
He's the type of annoying player who noises up the opponents fans and players but there's no question Hibs are a better team with him on the pitch. His attitude is spot on, commitment and self-confidence unwavering even when he's having a bad game.

Great wee player !

scoopyboy
24-09-2015, 09:32 AM

If a striker isn't selfish he'll never be a great striker.

Vault Boy
24-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Cummings is the most valuable asset to come from our development side in a long time. (although not developed by Hibs themselves).
I remember when Stubbs first came in, he made it clear that Jason was still a youth player who happened to be enjoying first team football at the time, but would have a hell of a task holding his place down... As we all know, the rest is history with Jason finishing top scorer in the league after being an ever present figure in the side. His overall game is improving over time, undoubtedly, and having such a natural ability to score goals is utterly priceless. I'm very excited about what we are yet to see from Jason at Hibs.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Got myself booked into the hairdresser on monday for a "Cummings" :aok:

:greengrin

15496 I'll have one of them please Senga.

stantonhibby
24-09-2015, 11:42 AM
15496 I'll have one of them please Senga.

I genuinely thought he had a bandage on round his head when he ran out for kick off!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Oxley (timewasting), Gray (foul), Malonga (celebrations) and Bartley (foul) were the 4 yellows dished out to Hibs players Viva.

Ox's yellow was a farce...