Liam89
23-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Have to give him credit, he set up the team perfectly tonight!:thumbsup:

Northernhibee
23-09-2015, 08:53 PM
That was brilliant tonight :agree:

SkintHibby
23-09-2015, 08:58 PM
The fans need to get behind the guy 100%. He knows his football.

Greencore
23-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Surprised we never started the Bart man. But Stubbs got his tactics spot on! In Stubbs we trust!

JimBHibees
23-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Quality manager doing a great job. :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2015, 09:10 PM
We play better against better teams. If Stubbs can pull that out of our players week for week , no matter who we are up against , then we will be in the top tier next season.

SkintHibby
23-09-2015, 09:14 PM
We play better against better teams. If Stubbs can pull that out of our players week for week , no matter who we are up against , then we will be in the top tier next season.

Spot on!

'mon the beers
23-09-2015, 09:18 PM
The way we changed formation throughout the game was superb. Didn't let them adjust apart from the start of the second half but the tactics were spot on. 2 great goals as well to win it for us!!

Kaff
23-09-2015, 09:25 PM

We play better against teams willing to attack us, Rangers under McCall sussed that so a team who weren't quite as good as us competed. Same as Dumbarton and such like do, Hearts got round it by being physically superior but in the SPL it will b harder for them

Matty_Jack04
23-09-2015, 09:26 PM
I thought he'd made a mistake bringing Carmichael on instead of Bartley....shows what I know as we really turned the screw at that point well played Alan Stubbs

Thecat23
23-09-2015, 09:28 PM
This was Stubbs biggest test, Scotland's top team full of confidence yet we stuck to our game.

Well done Stubbs, you got this spot on!

Andy74
23-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Wasn't sure about the team but it was spot on!

ACLeith
23-09-2015, 09:32 PM
I thought he'd made a mistake bringing Carmichael on instead of Bartley....shows what I know as we really turned the screw at that point well played Alan Stubbs

Saw Danny a few times for QOS - and not just when we played them - and saw signs tonight of the excellent player he was for them. His take of the high ball at the end and then inviting a shocking tackle was just what we needed to kill the game. Squad depth so much better than last season

Onceinawhile
23-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Was surprised he dropped Bartley, but all credit due to the big Chap.

S4uzee
23-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Saw Danny a few times for QOS - and not just when we played them - and saw signs tonight of the excellent player he was for them. His take of the high ball at the end and then inviting a shocking tackle was just what we needed to kill the game. Squad depth so much better than last season

I questioned taking Henderson off but Carmichael was brilliant when he came on. Looked sharp

RoYO!
23-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Henderson was absolutely gutted to be replaced. Dan came on and was fantastic. Great impact he had

3pm
23-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Excellent move playing Gray as far forward as he did. He was like a winger at times.

Libby Hibby
23-09-2015, 09:58 PM
If we had got beat I would've blamed him for taking off Henderson at the time he did so credit is due for his substitutions tonight, they won us the game

SirPsychoHibee
23-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Stubbs nailed the tactics tonight. I thought McGregor had a really solid game. Carmichael substitution perfectly timed as well. Made a real impact. Aberdeen really struggled against the three centre backs. Had hardly any clear cut chances.

Craig_HFC
23-09-2015, 10:02 PM
That's why he's the manager.

Well in, Stubbsy.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Roxyhibee
23-09-2015, 10:02 PM
What last season and tonight showed is that Stubbs is a quality football manager, whose style is suited to performing very well in the SPL.... Ross Co, Dundee Utd, 4 games against the Yams, Huns (not McCalls defensive set ups though) and tonight - Aberdeen. -- performed outstanding against them all this past year.

But - he still finds it hard to consistently drill through the defensive bus parkers down in this league..it's not how he wants to play - and I have much sympathy for him when he's met with set ups like this most weeks. But he's still got to learn how to do it and I do think he is working it out more.

He clearly thrives in more open games against better opposition players and if we get out of this league, I really do think the sky's the limit for us and Alan Stubbs..

Brilliant tonight Alan and thanks- another memorable Hibs Cup night for the memory bank..

Borderhibbie76
23-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Great to see ER bouncing tonight a truly great cup night and Stubbsy you played a blinder 👌

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

matty_f
23-09-2015, 11:45 PM
I thought Stubbs' tactics and set up were perfect tonight. His players stuck to the plan well, and Aberdeen had no answer to it.

Huge credit to Stubbs, he got it spot on tonight.

E10 Rifle
23-09-2015, 11:52 PM
At 45 mins I thought he had them wrong. Giving them too much possession and inviting them on, plus we seemed to be dropping passes into the hole that our extra midfielder would occupy. Dylan was too deep, McGinn wasn't finding his men and we needed to revert back to trying to boss the midfield.

45 mins later proved I know nothing, thankfully.

We have an official Pan B it would seem and have the squad to execute it. :gwa:

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Faultless from Stubbsy tonight ... like a few I was surprised to see Bartley left out, but his 3 centre halves worked perfectly and allowed Gray and Stevenson to have their best games of the season. I thought Henderson was playing well when he was subbed, but Carmichael was excellent after coming on.

Spot on Stubbsy http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

E10 Rifle
23-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Stubbs nailed the tactics tonight. I thought McGregor had a really solid game. Carmichael substitution perfectly timed as well. Made a real impact. Aberdeen really struggled against the three centre backs. Had hardly any clear cut chances.

I can't remember a keeper having to make a proper save until theirs had to pick the ball out the net. I wouldn't like to see a back 3 every week - but it worked, and it worked brilliantly.

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2015, 11:59 PM
Wasn't sure about the team but it was spot on!

Snap, I was surprised to see Bartley missing, but Stubbs got it right, that's why I am not the Manager of Hibernian

R'Albin
24-09-2015, 12:44 AM
We played large spells of that game with just Stevenson and Gray out wide and to be honest I'm still not a fan of that. Up until 80 minutes we didn't threaten all that much, although they hardly did either to be fair and I guess you could say that's a result of the third centre half. The game was won by two fantastic pieces of skill in the end though and that's something we can hopefully fall back on with the quality Stubbs has brought in.

Anyway, I'm over the ****ing moon that we've done that lot :flag:

Jack Hackett
24-09-2015, 07:51 PM
At 45 mins I thought he had them wrong. Giving them too much possession and inviting them on, plus we seemed to be dropping passes into the hole that our extra midfielder would occupy. Dylan was too deep, McGinn wasn't finding his men and we needed to revert back to trying to boss the midfield.

45 mins later proved I know nothing, thankfully.

We have an official Pan B it would seem and have the squad to execute it. :gwa:

Maybe that's the answer to the bus parkers...especially away from home :dunno:

Sir David Gray
24-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Really hope we can get the business done this season and get the club back to where it belongs.

I really think Stubbs could do good things for us if we're back in the Premiership.