PDA

View Full Version : NHC Baraclough Sacked

FranckSuzy
23-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Here (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/motherwell/1329306-motherwell-part-company-with-ian-baraclough-after-morton-cup-loss/)

Gatecrasher
23-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Was only really saved by well spending money on the likes of MacDonald anyway. Wouldn't surprise me to see them in the play offs again.

ekhibee
23-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Well McCall's still looking for a job isn't he?

Pretty Boy
23-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Be interesting to see who they appoint.

Themselves, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd all look in big trouble this year. If we don't go up automatically Motherwell are the one I'd take least joy out of sending down (whilst still being delighted obviously). I'd absolutely love a crack at the other 2.

Smartie
23-09-2015, 04:36 PM

Themselves, Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd all look in big trouble this year. If we don't go up automatically Motherwell are the one I'd take least joy out of sending down (whilst still being delighted obviously). I'd absolutely love a crack at the other 2.

Thistle look poor too.

I think it's important that we go all out for the Championship but if we don't manage to win it that we pick ourselves up and focus 100% on the play-offs without feeling sorry for ourselves.

I'd fancy our chances against any of these teams (more so than I would against Falkirk tbh).

rosco-hibee
23-09-2015, 04:50 PM
If we have another playoff saga, I'd want Killie. They're absolutely humpty, and I'd love to send the likes of Boyd and mcculloch down a division.
Just my opinion, but I think the well and Dundee Utd are proper prem teams...

Kaff
23-09-2015, 05:03 PM
If we have another playoff saga, I'd want Killie. They're absolutely humpty, and I'd love to send the likes of Boyd and mcculloch down a division.

Ladbrokes have Butcher and McCoist 3rd favourites, might be the team we want to play after all!?

Betty Boop
23-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Bet folks said that about us, and look what happened.

Joe's ice cream
23-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Think his players have let him and Motherwell down big time tbh- he's probably wondering how the hell they can get themselves up and play with such commitment for the playoffs but nothing since then

bigwheel
23-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Think his players have let him and Motherwell down big time tbh- he's probably wondering how the hell they can get themselves up and play with such commitment for the playoffs but nothing since then

I don't - i think he is a terrible manager..

hibees 7062
23-09-2015, 06:18 PM

MacDonald and Lasley could be in with a shout

ekhibee
23-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Yep, agree with most of that. I do think the problem was at the beginning of his tenure; the results didn't seem to improve significantly after McCall chucked it, and the players he brought in didn't seem to make that much of a difference really, even if they beat Sevco in the play-offs.

Sammy7nil
23-09-2015, 06:20 PM

I think Gers might have something to say about the playoff:wink:

Jones28
23-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Motherwell aren't so much a team in decline as a team in free fall, be interesting to see who comes in because it's a monstrous task.

Northernhibee
23-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Wonder what odds you could get on Terry Butcher? He'd probably gladly scarper from the mess at Newport and he's been there before.

Aldo
23-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Wonder what odds you could get on Terry Butcher? He'd probably gladly scarper from the mess at Newport and he's been there before.
Let's hope he does decide to come back and get them relegated good and proper!

whiskyhibby
23-09-2015, 07:03 PM
[emoji773]

ScottB
23-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Let's hope he does decide to come back and get them relegated good and proper!

Handily they've already been in the play off, so he doesn't need to worry about the fear of being in the play off...