PDA

View Full Version : Peter Houston

1875er
23-09-2015, 09:25 AM
I see that after his tactical master class to our manager last year about stopping crosses into the box that all 7 yes that's SEVEN of Ross Countys goals last night came from crosses into the box.... put that in your pipe and smoke it ya baldy Yam Plum.:cb

Mikey09
23-09-2015, 09:31 AM
If that's true it is absolutely hysterical!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

1875er
23-09-2015, 09:35 AM
If that's true it is absolutely hysterical!!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Hes quoted in the paper today as saying "The other curious thing was seven crosses into the box and seven goals"....

Smartie
23-09-2015, 09:59 AM
The power of having wide players who can beat a man and get a decent cross in and players who attack every cross.

Amazing how lucky you can get when you do this regularly.

Seveno
23-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Hes quoted in the paper today as saying "The other curious thing was seven crosses into the box and seven goals"....

Love it. :na na:

allezsauzee
23-09-2015, 12:55 PM
GIRUY Houston ya walloper :lolyam:

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2015, 12:21 AM
i see he's been pulled up by the GFA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34459173

Falkirk manager Peter Houston has been given a Scottish Football Association notice of complaint for comments made on Falkirk TV after Saturday's defeat by Rangers.

Bairns coach Alan Maybury has accepted a one-match ban for "misconduct".
He was charged with using bad language towards the referee in the same game.

has Maybury not been warned/booked before about his conduct/language :confused: does football make him turn psycho :greengrin

Hibee87
07-10-2015, 06:30 AM
i see he's been pulled up by the GFA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34459173

Falkirk manager Peter Houston has been given a Scottish Football Association notice of complaint for comments made on Falkirk TV after Saturday's defeat by Rangers.

Bairns coach Alan Maybury has accepted a one-match ban for "misconduct".
He was charged with using bad language towards the referee in the same game.

has Maybury not been warned/booked before about his conduct/language :confused: does football make him turn psycho :greengrin
Ive not heard his comments bit im.not surprised, have you sen the free kick rangwr fot and scored from? Tom taiwo wins the ball, and rangers player then jumps into him.

RMQ1967
07-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Ive not heard his comments bit im.not surprised, have you sen the free kick rangwr fot and scored from? Tom taiwo wins the ball, and rangers player then jumps into him.

I haven't seen it but good on him for speaking out - more managers should be doing it. There's definitely a movement by referees to give rangers the benefit of any doubt for many of these crucial decisions.

Look back the incident that allowed them the FK against us - soft a handball as you'll ever see and they've been getting those types of decision around the box ever since.

greenpaper55
07-10-2015, 07:36 AM
I think Houston is really Victor Meldrew !.

easty
07-10-2015, 08:13 AM

I'm no sure that's how I would have described it to be honest. I think Law gets to the ball first, Taiwo gets it, nae doubt about that, but only as its on its way through his legs. It's a soft free kick but I've seen plenty given for the same sort of thing.

The keeper has ****ed up with where he's set up his wall, if he'd set it up to cover that side of the goals, which it didn't even come close to doing, then they wouldn't have conceded.

ACLeith
07-10-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm no sure that's how I would have described it to be honest. I think Law gets to the ball first, Taiwo gets it, nae doubt about that, but only as its on its way through his legs. It's a soft free kick but I've seen plenty given for the same sort of thing.

The keeper has ****ed up with where he's set up his wall, if he'd set it up to cover that side of the goals, which it didn't even come close to doing, then they wouldn't have conceded.

Agreed. It would not have been given at the other end but probably a foul. When you saw it from behind it's clear the keeper messed up.

ekhibee
08-10-2015, 09:31 PM
I actually agree with Houston on this one, although I've never liked him. It was never a free kick IMO, but IMO Skacel should never have been excused taking a penalty against Hearts in a cup tie when Houston was DU manager, didn't hear Houston disagreeing with that, in fact on the contrary he seemed to commend him. I think most people know that his self-rightiousness is variable.

Silky
09-10-2015, 05:41 AM
I have to say that as much as I can't stand rhe man, I do think he has a point. The decision was chronic and would never have been given at the other end. There are too many of these incidents going on in games against The Rangers and I think more managers have to speak their minds about this.