PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Supporters Limited - new members required

3pm
22-09-2015, 07:39 PM
October Challenge

Dear Russell

As you will no doubt have heard we have continued to make steady, if not spectacular progress, with more supporters joining every day. You may also recall back in March that I wrote to you seeking your help to increase our numbers by encouraging just one fellow supporter to join the cause. This initiative worked really well and helped drive our numbers up from the 400 at the time to now just over 1000. We are grateful to all of those who have responded to this earlier challenge and hope that you would be willing to help again. We are being constantly told by supporters that it is word of mouth that is making the real difference and I therefore do hope you appreciate why we are hoping that you can help us again and by doing so help us to help our great Club.

When we launched back in February we were unsure what the take up would be and therefore had no specific targets in mind. We have refined our thoughts further and I can share with you our view that we need to achieve a minimum membership of 2000 if we are to really make a difference both in terms of financial contribution and also achieving a meaningful ownership position. Leanne wrote to us all earlier in the Summer and could not have made the position clearer. The Board are doing the very best they can with the resources available and if we as supporters share this ambition we need to step forward now. I am convinced that Hibs supporters are willing to step forward in sizable numbers to help and I feel sure with your help in spreading the message we can get there. If every existing member can secure just one further member we can double our position overnight. Please do what you can.

Finally I would like to take the opportunity of reminding everyone that we want all fans to feel they are able to play their part. With this in mind we have added an additional payment option of just £5 per month. A number of fans have asked us to introduce this, primarily to allow parents/grandparents to take out memberships for their children but we also see this as an opportunity to help fans on low incomes to take part in the journey. Of course the other options of £10, £18.75, £30 and £50 all remain. All of these donations will remain in place indefinitely. We are proud to remind everyone that we operate on a one member one vote principle so no matter what you are able to contribute your voice counts, and is equal to all others.

Kenny Macaskill
Chairman

HibernianSupporters.co.uk
Hibernian Supporters
@hfcsupporters
Copyright © 2015 Hibernian Supporters Limited, All rights reserved.

Bay Area Hibees
22-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I signed up for original direct debit.
Does that now stop, do I need to sign up again?

Hamish
22-09-2015, 08:10 PM
I signed up for original direct debit.
Does that now stop, do I need to sign up again?

Of course the other options of £10, £18.75, £30 and £50 all remain. All of these donations will remain in place indefinitely.

Not according to the above.

brog
22-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Of course the other options of £10, £18.75, £30 and £50 all remain. All of these donations will remain in place indefinitely.

I do think further clarification on this would be helpful. I've done a one off payment to HSL, in addition to my shareholding but a crowd attracts a crowd so I may try & do small payments for my kids & grandkids just to boost numbers. I hope we're past the stage of people having reservations re HSL so I would encourage anyone who can afford it to join.

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 08:18 PM
so roughly how many members do we currently have ?

brog
22-09-2015, 08:20 PM
so roughly how many members do we currently have ?

He says just over 1,000.

Hamish
22-09-2015, 08:22 PM
My reading of the statement is that all existing DD's stay in place?

I have done the one off as well as a monthly DD.

Reading between the lines the board do not appear to be impressed with the take up so far. The idea of HSL sign-up tables in the concourses on match days sounds a fair shout.

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 08:22 PM
He says just over 1,000.

We seem to have been stuck on that number for a while ,so another push is a good idea .

Ringothedog
22-09-2015, 08:30 PM
My reading of the statement is that all existing DD's stay in place?

I have done the one off as well as a monthly DD.

Reading between the lines the board do not appear to be impressed with the take up so far. The idea of HSL sign-up tables in the concourses on match days sounds a fair shout.
The board should be neither impressed or unimpressed by the take up. This is a Hibernian supporter led initiative that is putting money into the club, hopefully leading to supporter ownership of the club, whether that takes 1 year or 10 year's should not matter.

emerald green
22-09-2015, 08:39 PM
"Finally, I would like to take the opportunity to make you aware of a slight change to our website. Prior to launch we had assumed that supporters making a monthly donation would only want to contribute until the minimal level of £225 had been paid. We got this wrong and the overwhelming feedback given to us is that supporters want their donations to continue indefinitely. With this in mind all new prospective members joining from today will be setting up a Direct Debit for an indefinite period, in other words, monthly donations will continue until the member chooses to stop the Direct Debit. Please note that this only applies to those joining HSL from today. All existing Direct Debits will stop as originally planned. We will be contacting existing members over the coming months to discuss their plans going forward. I will also be writing to you again shortly to update you on a few other initiatives that we hope will help us attract even more supporters to the cause."

The above is an extract from the Half-year update email I received very recently. The bits in bold I have to say came as a wee bit of a surprise to me.

I'm glad HSL will be contacting existing members over the coming months though, as I was/am intending to continue as long as I was able to afford to do so. Not just until the minimum level of £225 had been paid.

It seems to me that if existing DDs all stopped after £225 had been paid this would be very detrimental to achieving majority fan ownership, i.e. contributions would very quickly dry up.

Ozyhibby
22-09-2015, 08:49 PM
They need sign up tables in each of the stands on match days. They could have Pat Stanton, Mickey Weir etc willing to chat to the fans and tell them all about HSL. Fans usually just need a wee push. This is a great scheme but it needs the fans to buy in. The club could help by starting to score goals as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanM
22-09-2015, 08:53 PM
They need sign up tables in each of the stands on match days. They could have Pat Stanton, Mickey Weir etc willing to chat to the fans and tell them all about HSL. Fans usually just need a wee push. This is a great scheme but it needs the fans to buy in. The club could help by starting to score goals as well.

Couldn't agree more. I know they done something in the West but they need to push this even further. It'll be January transfer window before we know it too and if we're determined to get out this league, whatever we can do to help Stubbs and the team the better.

£70 a year should be manageable for most. £225 for whoever can afford it, not forgetting buying shares

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 08:54 PM

Too sensible

IberianHibernian
22-09-2015, 09:34 PM
We seem to have been stuck on that number for a while ,so another push is a good idea . I read " nearly 800 " a couple of months ago or even more recently so over 1000 shows some significant progress has been made .

monktonharp
22-09-2015, 10:48 PM

Not according to the above.have some of the supporters branches been involved or made donations? our branch has not had a meeting for a few months, but can discuss a donation at least then try to encourage members to get things moving re-DD's for those that can afford, or want to subscribe.

Bay Area Hibees
22-09-2015, 11:17 PM
So they need to email new link to re commence direct debits, hopefully someone reading this can give a nudge.

I live in USA so have to do it online etc

Gerard
23-09-2015, 09:36 AM
I support HSL and think that it is a good way to support our club. The money raised will help the HC get better players

Platinum Scotty
23-09-2015, 09:44 AM
That's me signed up - will try and up the payments when finances allow

lucky
23-09-2015, 10:13 AM
You can now sign up for a fiver a month. I think 1000 fans paying in every month is decent. It must be bringing £15000. The board can't think that's not a decent effort as its extra cash and basically a donation. If everyone signed up a new member then it would double the amount. I also think there will be a drop off once full membership is achieved. I pay £18.75 a month and will continue to do so. If we are going to own our own club then we need more to get involved.

GreenLake
23-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Still waiting for PayPal.

IanM
23-09-2015, 11:11 AM
I contacted HSL yesterday about the leaflets and concourse idea - Jim Adie has come back to me just now with the following:

I am happy to do this tonight. We already have a Banner and I can arrange access to one of the concourses. I was wondering if you would mind giving me a help with this ?

Unfortunately I can't make the game tonight but before I reply, is there anyone that would like to help Jim out? I don't have any other details than this but if you can PM me your details if you're interested I'll let Jim know and ask him to contact you direct.

:flag:

Leithenhibby
23-09-2015, 11:16 AM

:agree:

HSL will be in the East Stand tonight.

Anyone who wishes to sign up or has any Q's can pop along and do so. Signing up will take all of 5 minutes, max :aok:

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
23-09-2015, 01:57 PM

Anyone who wishes to sign up or has any Q's can pop along and do so. Signing up will take all of 5 minutes, max :aok:

GGTTH

No excuses folks, get over and get signed up. Only takes 5 minutes.

GreenLake
23-09-2015, 02:15 PM
No excuses folks, get over and get signed up. Only takes 5 minutes.

If you have a UK bank account.

Green Man
23-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I've been meaning to sign up for ages. Off to do it now :aok:

Ozyhibby
23-09-2015, 04:22 PM
I've been meaning to sign up for ages. Off to do it now :aok:

Superb, it all helps.

Slicer
24-09-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm in.

Ronniekirk
24-09-2015, 07:22 AM

GGTTH

How did that initiative work re take up after a result like that the trick would of been to get people on their way out :wink:

Hannah_hfc
24-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Just signed up there :flag: :flag:

Hadn't realised there was a £10 a month option and will be looking to increase that to the £18.75 hopefully soon!

GGTTH

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
24-09-2015, 08:37 AM
How did the sign up desk work out last night?

Ringothedog
24-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Just signed up there :flag: :flag:

Hadn't realised there was a £10 a month option and will be looking to increase that to the £18.75 hopefully soon!

GGTTH

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

There is also a £5 option ( ;

Greenblood70
24-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Signed up to this - better late than never!

Lets get this moving, I appreciate that it must feel to some supporters that its the same group of people constantly dipping into their pockets (I felt the same to an extent)....but if we won't, who will?

Ozyhibby
24-09-2015, 02:57 PM

Lets get this moving, I appreciate that it must feel to some supporters that its the same group of people constantly dipping into their pockets (I felt the same to an extent)....but if we won't, who will?

Nice one. There is no reason with improved performances on the pitch that we can't double the number of subscribers.

Leithenhibby
25-09-2015, 05:32 PM
HSL will be in the north section of the West Stand lower from 2 o'clock Saturday.

Pop along if you can and get signed up, 5 minutes is all it will take. :aok:

Or - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

Leithenhibby
02-10-2015, 09:44 AM

Greenblood70 get's it, it's going to lighten the load if more fans can appreciate what we can all achieve together.

Together we achieve more, becoming stronger with every Hibs fan that signs up. Get involved :gwa:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

PatHead
02-10-2015, 10:59 AM
Greenblood70 get's it, it's going to lighten the load if more fans can appreciate what we can all achieve together.

Together we achieve more, becoming stronger with every Hibs fan that signs up. Get involved :gwa:

GGTTH

Could the link to HSL not be put up as a "sticky" above all the threads. Might make it easier to join for some.

Winston Ingram
02-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Are those 'Ponzie Scheme' phannies still on the go?

Peevemor
02-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Are those 'Ponzie Scheme' phannies still on the go?

Who? Farmer & Petrie? :greengrin

sboothibs
02-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Eventually signed up now GGTTH

PatHead
02-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Well done. Plenty room for more.

Leithenhibby
03-10-2015, 09:52 AM

Welcome :wink:

Well done. Plenty room for more.

Find a friend, persuade a Pal that HSL is taking off. Strength in numbers is the way to go.........

GGTTH

Scorrie
03-10-2015, 01:24 PM
That's me signed up!!

IanM
03-10-2015, 04:53 PM
That's me signed up!!

Well done my man! You deserve several cold beers and a pat on the back.

Bump

Ottawa Hibs
03-10-2015, 06:13 PM
If you have a UK bank account.

I have an account with RBS but address sis in Canada, so I get rejected because postcode is not UK. Then tried submitting a. Question to HSL via their website and the feature was not working. I've tried twice. I'm a shareholder anyway but wanted to commit more through HSL, but there is no easy way to give money!!! It's frustrating. What is wrong with HSL using PayPal? It's the global standard.

I'll bet I'm not the only expat in this boat. Has anyone got a suggestion?

CentreLine
03-10-2015, 06:58 PM
I have an account with RBS but address sis in Canada, so I get rejected because postcode is not UK. Then tried submitting a. Question to HSL via their website and the feature was not working. I've tried twice. I'm a shareholder anyway but wanted to commit more through HSL, but there is no easy way to give money!!! It's frustrating. What is wrong with HSL using PayPal? It's the global standard.

I'm thinking that as an existing shareholder you can buy more without any of the above problems. I may be wrong, don't know for sure.

Ottawa Hibs
03-10-2015, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking that as an existing shareholder you can buy more without any of the above problems. I may be wrong, don't know for sure.

Thanks CL. You may be right, but I transferred my shares to my Dad when I emigrated! So back to square one. How do Hibees abroad ship their cash to HSL?

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks CL. You may be right, but I transferred my shares to my Dad when I emigrated! So back to square one. How do Hibees abroad ship their cash to HSL?

As chance had it, I had a conversation this afternoon concerning an Aussie based Hibee who faced a similar problem and ended up buying a season ticket for his Scotland based Dad and brother.

PatHead
03-10-2015, 08:08 PM

Could your dad gift the shares back to you. You could then buy more?

Andy74
03-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Seems a strange one if overseas fans can't sign up?

IberianHibernian
03-10-2015, 10:30 PM

I'll bet I'm not the only expat in this boat. Has anyone got a suggestion? Overseas shareholders aren`t allowed to buy more shares ( a legal thing so not a Hibernian FC policy I think ) which would have been my first option . And as you say foreign post code means you can`t sign up for HSL . I eventually used a random UK code and it was accepted but it took a couple of months and several e mails ( most ignored ) for me to sign up - if it had been anything other than Hibs I`d have lost interest ages before and wouldn`t have persevered . Number of overseas Hibbies may be relatively small but HSL is an obvious way for them to help club if they can`t get to many matches

Leithenhibby
04-10-2015, 10:12 AM

As chance had it, I had a conversation this afternoon concerning an Aussie based Hibee who faced a similar problem and ended up buying a season ticket for his Scotland based Dad and brother.

Seems a strange one if overseas fans can't sign up?

Overseas shareholders aren`t allowed to buy more shares ( a legal thing so not a Hibernian FC policy I think ) which would have been my first option . And as you say foreign post code means you can`t sign up for HSL . I eventually used a random UK code and it was accepted but it took a couple of months and several e mails ( most ignored ) for me to sign up - if it had been anything other than Hibs I`d have lost interest ages before and wouldn`t have persevered . Number of overseas Hibbies may be relatively small but HSL is an obvious way for them to help club if they can`t get to many matches

All Hibs Fans who live abroad will be able to use PayPal from the end of next week.

Just a few days away :wink:

Ronniekirk
04-10-2015, 01:05 PM
All Hibs Fans who live abroad will be able to use PayPal from the end of next week.

Are you back I the east at the Dumbarton or rangers game ?

3pm
04-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Not sure loyalty points is that fair but anyway....

https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/status/650624216686030848

S4uzee
04-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Not sure loyalty points is that fair but anyway....

https://twitter.com/hfcsupporters/status/650624216686030848

Seen that on Facebook too. Don't agree with that at all. Almost punishing people that might only be able to afford to go to games and not invest further money through HSL

Andy74
04-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Seen that on Facebook too. Don't agree with that at all. Almost punishing people that might only be able to afford to go to games and not invest further money through HSL

Isn't that what the loyalty Scheme has become though?

Some can't afford a season ticket, some can't afford all away games. Some cant do things due to family etc.

The scheme rewards people that can do all those things.

3pm
04-10-2015, 01:36 PM

Some can't afford a season ticket, some can't afford all away games. Some cant do things due to family etc.

Points for everybody or nobody.

Ottawa Hibs
04-10-2015, 02:54 PM

Fantastic ! Will look out for it :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2015, 03:57 PM

This was not what the loyalty points scheme was introduced for. Reward points should cover HSL.....

Andy74
04-10-2015, 04:05 PM
This was not what the loyalty points scheme was introduced for. Reward points should cover HSL.....

Okay I'm confused now!

Was it not suggested it would be extended in time to cover buying stuff in the shop and such like? Don't see why handing over your cash to HSL couldn't be one thing that earns you some points?

Have you not argued that the scheme should reward the most loyal fans more than others? That can include backing the club in the various ways we now have to do so?

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Okay I'm confused now!

Was it not suggested it would be extended in time to cover buying stuff in the shop and such like? Don't see why handing over your cash to HSL couldn't be one thing that earns you some points?

Have you not argued that the scheme should reward the most loyal fans more than others? That can include backing the club in the various ways we now have to do so?

We discussed a "loyalty" scheme, whereby rewarded attendance of matches, then a reward scheme was discussed to reward spend, like HSL, hospitality, club shop merchandise.Two separate schemes.

You now have a scenario whereby someone who joins HSL gets 100 points, whilst someone who attends 18 away fixtures only gets 90......

Andy74
04-10-2015, 04:16 PM
We discussed a "loyalty" scheme, whereby rewarded attendance of matches, then a reward scheme was discussed to reward spend, like HSL, hospitality, club shop merchandise.Two separate schemes.

You now have a scenario whereby someone who joins HSL gets 100 points, whilst someone who attends 18 away fixtures only gets 90......

Okay, get you! From a Hibs perspective though the HSL donation helps them directly.

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2015, 04:17 PM
As an aside what happens to those who bought further shares outwith the HSL scheme?

Andy74
04-10-2015, 04:19 PM
As an aside what happens to those who bought further shares outwith the HSL scheme?

Yep and those buying direct for the first time too.

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Yep and those buying direct for the first time too.

All shareholders of course....

offshorehibby
05-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Also, are these loyalty points just for new HSL members or are they back dated for members who joined at the start.

BoomtownHibees
05-10-2015, 07:05 AM
So could someone pay £5 per month from now until January and get the 100 loyalty points?

offshorehibby
05-10-2015, 07:08 AM
Also, are these loyalty points just for new HSL members or are they back dated for members who joined at the start.

I should have went on the HSL site first.

The Club are very keen to show their appreciation for the valuable contribution that our Member’s donations is making to the improvement in our football operations. With this in mind our Members and our monthly contributors who have made at least three payments by 31st January 2016 will have 100 loyalty points added to their account on 2nd February ( our anniversary). With an exciting season in front of us these points could be invaluable to our members, who are all mostly season ticket holders.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/member-benefits.html

lucky
05-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Not sure how this can be done. It means HSL and Hibs sharing information held on their data bases. I would have thought this would be a breech of the data protection act.

marinello59
05-10-2015, 09:01 AM

On the face of it it does seem a bit unfair. ( I'm guessing you think more than a bit. 😃)
To be fair they would have had to set the points total high to make it a genuine incentive to sign up to HSL. I'm not so sure it is the way to go but if it makes a significant difference in income to the club through HSL then I won't complain too much. I do think the club need to be careful about rewarding those who can replace effort in going to matches with spend though both deserve recognition. It's a balancing act for them, that's for sure.

CallumLaidlaw
05-10-2015, 09:23 AM
On the face of it it does seem a bit unfair. ( I'm guessing you think more than a bit. )
To be fair they would have had to set the points total high to make it a genuine incentive to sign up to HSL. I'm not so sure it is the way to go but if it makes a significant difference in income to the club through HSL then I won't complain too much. I do think the club need to be careful about rewarding those who can replace effort in going to matches with spend though both deserve recognition. It's a balancing act for them, that's for sure.

Thing is, someone could sign up, make 3 £5 payments between now and February, then stop their contribution, and get 100 loyalty points. I think the principle is good, but the actual amounts are maybe wrong. 100pts are maybe fair to the ones that have become full members of HSL, but not for 3 payments of £5.

HappyHanlon
05-10-2015, 10:58 AM
So £15 gets you 100 points and then you can cancel your direct debit!

Who came up with that idea to include HSL in the loyalty points set up? Stupid decison.

Sounds like HSL are desperate and attempting to play on the fear of fans not getting tickets for bigger matches :rolleyes:

marinello59
05-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Who came up with that idea to include HSL in the loyalty points set up? Stupid decison.

Sounds like HSL are desperate and attempting to play on the fear of fans not getting tickets for bigger matches :rolleyes:

That's quite a negative spin to put on HSL , I take it you simply don't like the idea of it at all. I do question the amount of points given but to infer that the HSL are somehow blackmailing fans in to participation is harsh in the extreme.

HappyHanlon
05-10-2015, 11:43 AM
That's quite a negative spin to put on HSL , I take it you simply don't like the idea of it at all. I do question the amount of points given but to infer that the HSL are so
sehow blackmailing fans in to participation is harsh in the extreme.

I don't mind the HSL, I just can't fathom how this is good/fair thing.

marinello59
05-10-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't mind the HSL, I just can't fathom how this is good/fair thing.

I can see the positive if it encourages more sign ups.
The fairness of it is a bit tougher to reconcile.

Golden Bear
05-10-2015, 11:47 AM
What about us guys who still hold the old shares and have done so for many years? Are we being quietly forgotten about and therefore not eligible for the 100 points?

CropleyWasGod
05-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Not sure how this can be done. It means HSL and Hibs sharing information held on their data bases. I would have thought this would be a breech of the data protection act.

That was my first thought. "How do HSL know what my Hibs' account details are?"

They (HSL) will probably have to contact all members to either get their consent to access their Hibs account, or to find some other way of adding the points. As I read it, they have until February to do that.

FranckSuzy
05-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Can't claim the credit but I did suggest it at a Working Together meeting and when HSL were at a St. Pat's branch meeting recently.....:duck::greengrin

To be honest, I had sort of imagined a system kind of like gold, silver and bronze memberships e.g:

Gold

Season ticket holder/attends most away games/HSL member (£18.75 p/m)/shareholder/signed up to Hibs TV/regularly buys items from the club shop

Silver

Walk up fan at home games/some away games/occasionally purchases items from clubstore/HSL member (£10.00 p/m) and/or shareholder

Bronze

Hibs TV subscriber/rarely buys from clubstore (lives overseas perhaps?)/HSL member (<£10.00 p/m)

There would be a sliding scale of the points awarded for each category, based on the principle that the scheme must reward the loyalty of ST holders first and those who attend away games second. Original shareholders should not be forgotten either, since they put their money where their mouth was when it was needed most :aok:

Of course, there is no perfect system and in fact one big issue in hindsight, if I'm honest, is the different categories being introduced gradually. This may cause some fans to have an unfair advantage over others who have backed the club in all ways from day one. However, it is surely only fair to reward those who do what THEY can to support the club, whether that's just buying the newest top, signing up to Hibs TV, becoming a member of HSL or buying shares.

GGTTH.

southsider
05-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi Susan, I want to set up HSL for my family members 5 x £10 with their names but my bank account. Is there a form I can get, add all the details and hand into the office ? I don't do internet banking but can set up d d's.

Eric
05-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi Susan, I want to set up HSL for my family members 5 x £10 with their names but my bank account. Is there a form I can get, add all the details and hand into the office ? I don't do internet banking but can set up d d's.

I had the same requirement for my twin grandsons and for that there was a problem joining more than one family member using the link on the HSL website. HSL sorted it out for me and if you PM me I'll give you the HSL person's mobile number. Alternatively you could come along to the Working Together meeting at ER on Wednesday 14th Oct at 6.30 pm where an HSL representative will be present.

GGTTH Eric

FranckSuzy
05-10-2015, 04:48 PM

Sorry K, I've no idea :greengrin

I had the same requirement for my twin grandsons and for that there was a problem joining more than one family member using the link on the HSL website. HSL sorted it out for me and if you PM me I'll give you the HSL person's mobile number. Alternatively you could come along to the Working Together meeting at ER on Wednesday 14th Oct at 6.30 pm where an HSL representative will be present.

GGTTH Eric

Thanks Eric :aok:

Leithenhibby
11-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Fantastic ! Will look out for it :top marks

As promised last week, PayPal is now available to all Hibs fans that are overseas :aok:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad.html

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
11-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Indeed

gegs70
11-10-2015, 11:22 PM
I will have another wee look at the end of the month, can you py £5 per month but make lump sum payments.

GreenLake
12-10-2015, 02:24 AM
As promised last week, PayPal is now available to all Hibs fans that are overseas :aok:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad.html

GGTTH

Thanks for setting that up! :thumbsup:

£1000 donated as a tester to see how my wife reacts.

Devonhibs
12-10-2015, 04:31 AM

£1000 donated as a tester to see how my wife reacts. Good lad,you know it makes sense:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
12-10-2015, 12:32 PM

Excellent donation GreenLake........:aok:

Greencore
12-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Bump

Leithenhibby
12-10-2015, 06:30 PM

:top marks

Hibs Class...

GGTTH

BoomtownHibees
12-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Just set up a direct debit but got 2 emails with 2 different payment dates. Anybody had similar?

HappyHibby93
12-10-2015, 08:15 PM

Would I be right in saying that I could transfer £225 worth of my shares to HSL?, hence becoming a member, getting 100 loyalty points, a nice new certificate and it wouldn't cost me a penny :thumbsup:

It's one way to do it, and I may just bite the bullet.... :agree:

:flag::flag:

FranckSuzy
12-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Would I be right in saying that I could transfer £225 worth of my shares to HSL?, hence becoming a member, getting 100 loyalty points, a nice new certificate and it wouldn't cost me a penny :thumbsup:

I'm no expert but I wouldn't have thought so as they're separate schemes :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
13-10-2015, 04:57 PM

I think you can donate your shares to HSL...

Leithenhibby
13-10-2015, 06:26 PM
I think you can donate your shares to HSL...

HappyHibby93, is correct. You can indeed transfer your shares to HSL, as can anyone.

The advantages that come with that is that it doesn't cost you anything, not one penny. You will still be a share holder, You can still attend the AGM, You will receive a much nicer certificate :cb (tongue in cheek) and you will also be a HSL member.

Perhaps worth considering if you don't want to spend more cash, but want to support HSL. Hopefully more will bite that bullet. :aok:

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
13-10-2015, 06:35 PM
HappyHibby93, is correct. You can indeed transfer you're shares to HSL, as can anyone.

The advantages that come with that is that it doesn't cost you anything, not one penny. You will still be a share holder, You can still attend the AGM, You will receive a much nicer certificate :cb (tongue in cheek) and you will also be a HSL member.

Perhaps worth considering if you don't want to spend more cash, but want to support HSL. Hopefully more will bite that bullet. :aok:

GGTTH

If you already have shares personally, I am struggling to see why you would transfer them to HSL. The money all goes to the same end place............

3pm
13-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Today's email...

October Challenge Update

Dear Russell

You will recall that I wrote to you at the start of the month looking for your assistance to promote HSL to your fellow supporters. I am delighted to say that this has been very successful and we have attracted many more members over the last week or so. To all those Members who have responded and have actively encouraged others to join please accept my sincere thanks. To those Members who have not yet had the chance to recruit another Member I would be most grateful for your continued support and please feel free to spread the word. As I have often said, word of mouth is our greatest recruitment tool. If you are passing on this email please refer your fellow supporters to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk for more information about what we are trying to achieve and how they can donate.

We are all so pleased with the progress that we are making and I am delighted that we are ahead of plans and expectations. Leeann and the Board I know are very grateful for our regular and growing monthly contribution to the Club and this is only possible with your continued generosity. As our membership continues to grow this additional financial support is really helping our Club and Team. Thank you so much.

Kenny Macaskill
Chairman

Hibernian Supporters
@hfcsupporters

FranckSuzy
13-10-2015, 07:45 PM
If you already have shares personally, I am struggling to see why you would transfer them to HSL. The money all goes to the same end place............

Same here, TBH...:dunno:

HappyHibby93
14-10-2015, 05:21 PM

Same here, TBH...:dunno:

The money does all go to the same place AFAIK :greengrin, but what if in 10, 20 years time some shark comes along and tries to muscle into our club?.

STF & RP, won't be around forever, and my worry is if the fans don't buy into HSL and at least achieve 25.1%, then we become vulnerable. I just want my/our club to have something in place that will be a deterrent to the sharks that are out there.

IMHO, and it's just that. I would sleep easy if HSL could get their hands on the 25.1% required to block anything that the fans didn't want for generations to come. I genuinely think this is the way to go to secure our club for our children's, children. it makes perfect sense in my mind. for what that's worth :wink:.

Baldy Foghorn
14-10-2015, 05:26 PM
The money does all go to the same place AFAIK :greengrin, but what if in 10, 20 years time some shark comes along and tries to muscle into our club?.

STF & RP, won't be around forever, and my worry is if the fans don't buy into HSL and at least achieve 25.1%, then we become vulnerable. I just want my/our club to have something in place that will be a deterrent to the sharks that are out there.

IMHO, and it's just that. I would sleep easy if HSL could get their hands on the 25.1% required to block anything that the fans didn't want for generations to come. I genuinely think this is the way to go to secure our club for our children's, children. it makes perfect sense in my mind. for what that's worth :wink:.

That's a reasonable point, rest assured my shares will not be sold onto any shark.....:aok:

emerald green
14-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Today's email...

October Challenge Update

Dear Russell

You will recall that I wrote to you at the start of the month looking for your assistance to promote HSL to your fellow supporters. I am delighted to say that this has been very successful and we have attracted many more members over the last week or so. To all those Members who have responded and have actively encouraged others to join please accept my sincere thanks. To those Members who have not yet had the chance to recruit another Member I would be most grateful for your continued support and please feel free to spread the word. As I have often said, word of mouth is our greatest recruitment tool. If you are passing on this email please refer your fellow supporters to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk (http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk) for more information about what we are trying to achieve and how they can donate.

We are all so pleased with the progress that we are making and I am delighted that we are ahead of plans and expectations. Leeann and the Board I know are very grateful for our regular and growing monthly contribution to the Club and this is only possible with your continued generosity. As our membership continues to grow this additional financial support is really helping our Club and Team. Thank you so much.

Kenny Macaskill
Chairman

Hibernian Supporters
@hfcsupporters

I received the same email. I would be interested to know how many more members, and secondly how many members HSL now has in total.

Eyrie
14-10-2015, 06:52 PM

In that scenario I'd use my shareholding* to block the shark in the same way that HSL will.

If you join HSL by donating money to them then that will be additional funds to the club and additional shares for HSL, and you'd still have your own shares to vote against the shark.

*A very small amount but it's the principle that counts.

Andy74
14-10-2015, 07:06 PM
HappyHibby93, is correct. You can indeed transfer you're shares to HSL, as can anyone.

GGTTH

If you transfer shares out of your name how do you possibly continue to be a shareholder with the associated AGM attendance etc?

Leithenhibby
14-10-2015, 07:43 PM
If you transfer shares out of your name how do you possibly continue to be a shareholder with the associated AGM attendance etc?

I never said transfer all your shares :wink:

It's all down to the individual, nothing more.

HappyHibby93
14-10-2015, 09:34 PM
In that scenario I'd use my shareholding* to block the shark in the same way that HSL will.

If you join HSL by donating money to them then that will be additional funds to the club and additional shares for HSL, and you'd still have your own shares to vote against the shark.

*A very small amount but it's the principle that counts.

Even if all the individual share holders were to try and block a takeover of some sort, they would just be bulldozed to one side. The % of fans that have shares is minuscule to have any effect, IF, such a situation arose. it's risky though. I'm all for safety in numbers. :wink:

Eyrie
14-10-2015, 09:57 PM
Even if all the individual share holders were to try and block a takeover of some sort, they would just be bulldozed to one side. The % of fans that have shares is minuscule to have any effect, IF, such a situation arose. it's risky though. I'm all for safety in numbers. :wink:

If you take the view that 5000 shares held by you is irrelevant, then transferring them to HSL will also mean an irrelevant increase in their holding.

It's the total shares held by individuals and HSL that would count, so it's surely better to increase in HSL's holding and keep your own which adds to the total owned by fans. OK, the extra funding you're providing to HSL may not make that much of a difference but scale it up across 1000 fans paying £225 to join HSL rather than simply handing over existing shares and it makes a massive difference to the size of the HSL holding.

The only reason to transfer shares to HSL in exchange for membership would be if someone can't afford to join HSL but still wants to be a member.

Andy74
14-10-2015, 10:14 PM
If you take the view that 5000 shares held by you is irrelevant, then transferring them to HSL will also mean an irrelevant increase in their holding.

It's the total shares held by individuals and HSL that would count, so it's surely better to increase in HSL's holding and keep your own which adds to the total owned by fans. OK, the extra funding you're providing to HSL may not make that much of a difference but scale it up across 1000 fans paying £225 to join HSL rather than simply handing over existing shares and it makes a massive difference to the size of the HSL holding.

The only reason to transfer shares to HSL in exchange for membership would be if someone can't afford to join HSL but still wants to be a member.

Yeah agree. Don't really get the suggestion to transfer.

marinello59
14-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah agree. Don't really get the suggestion to transfer.

There might be some merit in being able to transfer voting rights though.

Ozyhibby
14-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Good decision to give loyalty points to HSL members.

Andy74
14-10-2015, 10:29 PM
There might be some merit in being able to transfer voting rights though.

For what? Are their intentions and interests likely to be different from a fans who has paid cash direct to buy shares?

I'm not sure what we really need a collective for. I pay into HSL but it's more about just getting more cash in to Hibs on a monthly basis.

My direct shares are about having a direct ownership and a small say according to my wishes, not that of a collective.

Ozyhibby
14-10-2015, 10:31 PM
On voting rights, if HSL get to 50% ownership of the club and have only 6000 members then each member will have 0.008 % of the voting power of the club. Not many individual shareholding will give you that much clout.

Andy74
14-10-2015, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4482666]On voting rights, if HSL get to 50% ownership of the club and have only 6000 members then each member will have 0.008 % of the voting power of the club. Not many individual shareholding will give you that much clout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
That's not quite right though. You don't have any direct vote and presumably all of their shares will be voted one way.

If they canvass the members you have a say in that vote but not necessarily have any influence in the Hibs voting. If you disagree with the majority for example your say counts for nothing in the real vote.

marinello59
14-10-2015, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4482666]On voting rights, if HSL get to 50% ownership of the club and have only 6000 members then each member will have 0.008 % of the voting power of the club. Not many individual shareholding will give you that much clout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
That's not quite right though. You don't have any direct vote and presumably all of their shares will be voted one way.

If they canvass the members you have a say in that vote but not necessarily have any influence in the Hibs voting. If you disagree with the majority for example your say counts for nothing in the real vote.

There is a Power in the Union. Much better to let the majority view prevail even though sometimes it contradicts your own.

Andy74
15-10-2015, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;4482673]

There is a Power in the Union. Much better to let the majority view prevail even though sometimes it contradicts your own.

That doesn't give you more clout personally though which was the argument.

Eyrie
15-10-2015, 07:16 PM

I asked that question when HSL started and they confirmed that will be the case.

HappyHibby93
16-10-2015, 10:39 AM
For what? Are their intentions and interests likely to be different from a fans who has paid cash direct to buy shares?

I'm not sure what we really need a collective for. I pay into HSL but it's more about just getting more cash in to Hibs on a monthly basis.

My direct shares are about having a direct ownership and a small say according to my wishes, not that of a collective.

We just need to look at the situation over in Govan, Gorgie, Livvie & others! The last few years have been a nightmare for the fans of those clubs, :agree:

It does concern me that in years to come that we find ourselves in a similar situation! We should never say never and HSL, for me, gives us a chance to secure our club for generations to come. I think it's the way forward.

GreenLake
16-10-2015, 11:44 AM
The power of an individual shareholding comes into question after death. The inheritors would have to care about voting and not lose interest through moving away or liking other teams or sports. At least with HSL I know whatever shares bought by me will be used actively in a voting block for the benefit of supporters and that they will continue to do that long after my death.

HSL is like a fire and forget guidance system for Hibs shares.

Niffy
16-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Is there ever folk at ER to sign you up to this ?
Being a wedding photographer, I hardly ever get to games, but taking 2 folk to the 1875 for a bit of posh the morn, would sign up there, and try to convince them too.

jacomo
16-10-2015, 01:11 PM
The power of an individual shareholding comes into question after death. The inheritors would have to care about voting and not lose interest through moving away or liking other teams or sports. At least with HSL I know whatever shares bought by me will be used actively in a voting block for the benefit of supporters and that they will continue to do that long after my death.

Good point.

Leithenhibby
28-10-2015, 10:18 AM
We just need to look at the situation over in Govan, Gorgie, Livvie & others! The last few years have been a nightmare for the fans of those clubs, :agree:

It does concern me that in years to come that we find ourselves in a similar situation! We should never say never and HSL, for me, gives us a chance to secure our club for generations to come. I think it's the way forward.

:agree: Who can say where HFC, will be in 20/30 years time. HSL gives us a real opportunity to secure our club and, IMHO, We as fans should be grabbing this with both hands. It's not about here and now, we need to take care of tomorrow!!..

:aok: This I like.......

3pm
09-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Today's email....

Dear Russell

You may recall that when I wrote to you a number of weeks ago our Membership had just reached 1000 and we were trying to encourage everyone to spread the word. I am delighted to say that we have now added a further 300 supporters who are all now donating to HSL.

This has been a fantastic effort in such a short time frame and I would like to pass on our thanks to all members who have worked so hard to encourage their fellow supporters to sign up. I know the Club are also delighted to receive this extra source of funding at what is a difficult period.

I am sure that everyone is delighted with the progress being made on the park and of course we all have the same simple objective – to get promoted back to the SPFL. We are pushing Rangers hard for automatic promotion and it looks like the Title chase could go to the wire with others also pushing for the same objective. It would seem that our competitors are planning to strengthen in the January window and with this in mind we are trying very hard to increase our numbers over the coming 6 or 7 weeks.

Memberships bring in money to the Club and we would love to increase our numbers by a further 300 by the end of January. In real terms this amount of funding can easily bring in another quality player. Of course it is Alan and the Club that make such decisions but we really believe this team is worth investing in so we want to raise as much funding as possible to help the Board support our football ambitions.

Leeann has already confirmed that there are a number of players in our squad who would not have been here were it not for the valuable additional monthly funding we are providing. We really want to give the Club the best possible support we can to get out of this division as quickly as possible. Many of our supporters are paying £18.75 per month but even £10 per month can make a huge difference. Let’s try and make a difference. I would be grateful if you could share this message with as many fellow supporters as possible and direct them to www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Kenny McAskill
Chairman

Hibernian Supporters
@hfcsupporters
Copyright © 2015 Hibernian Supporters Limited, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you joined Hibernian Supporters Limited.

Ronniekirk
09-12-2015, 08:32 PM
I received the same email. I would be interested to know how many more members, and secondly how many members HSL now has in total.

My e mail said we had attracted 300 new members so now have 1 ,300 members and they are looking to existing members to send the email to others ,with a view to have 1 ,600 members by the end of January . I sent mine to my son in London ,so James if you are reading this get joining :wink: There done my bit .

Ozyhibby
09-12-2015, 10:06 PM
My e mail said we had attracted 300 new meme ers so now have 1 ,300 members and they are looking to existing members to send the email to others ,with a view to have 1 ,600 members by the end of January . I sent mimed to my son in London ,so James if you are reading this get joining :wink: There done my bit .

He'll be the first Starship Captain to join. [emoji3]

Ronniekirk
09-12-2015, 10:08 PM
He'll be the first Starship Captain to join. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat, alk

Beam him up Ozzy ,or should that be Scotty :wink:

Ozyhibby
10-12-2015, 01:04 PM
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/news.html

Here's a link to the latest statement from HSL.
Would make a big difference to Stubb's budget in January if we can get these 300 extra sign ups.
Share this around with fellow fans who have yet to take the plunge. It makes a massive difference.

scooby
10-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Is it just me that's disappointed with the number of fans signing up to HSL? I honestly thought we'd have 2-3k signed up by now.
Anyone attending games at the moment can surely see we're in a much better place. We can't change the past, but collectively we can certainly change our future.
Just do it!

Ronniekirk
10-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Is it just me that's disappointed with the number of fans signing up to HSL? I honestly thought we'd have 2-3k signed up by now.
Anyone attending games at the moment can surely see we're in a much better place. We can't change the past, but collectively we can certainly change our future.
Just do it!0

I had hoped it would be around 2,000 by now so it's been a slow burner and needs pushed at different points ,and then there is a further uptake .But after seven years of mismanagement and two years in the Championship it wasn't exactly an easy sell So it's a work in progress ?if we can get to 2000 heading towards promotion it would be interesting if there was a significant uptake then .
There is no doubt Stubbs has used the money wisely and as Ozzy keeps telling us ,the next Transfer Window is just round the corner and the more folk that can sign up before then the better Every little helps .

Big_Franck
10-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Just got an email from HSL saying that they are looking for volunteers to hand out leaflets to fans on Saturday between 2 and 2:50pm. In return the club have offered to give the volunteers a free ticket for the game. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Anyone interested should email info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk.

Pretty Boy
10-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Just do it!

There's certainly plans in place to look at different ways to increase uptake in the coming year.

I'm not sure HSL will ever, or was ever was going to, reach the kind of numbers FOH has. There is simply no urgent need for it to do so, Hearts fans had no choice. It's also worth remembering a lot of people chose to buy shares direct and put their money in that way, between that and HSL we now owe around 20% of the club which is a great achievement.

scooby
10-12-2015, 08:29 PM

I had hoped it would be around 2,000 by now so it's been a slow burner and needs pushed at different points ,and then there is a further uptake .But after seven years of mismanagement and two years in the Championship it wasn't exactly an easy sell So it's a work in progress ?if we can get to 2000 heading towards promotion it would be interesting if there was a significant uptake then .
There is no doubt Stubbs has used the money wisely and as Ozzy keeps telling us ,the next Transfer Window is just round the corner and the more folk that can sign up before then the better Every little helps .

Agreed Ronnie, It's probably taking longer to shake off fan apathy than we all hoped. Hopefully the leaflet handout at the game on Saturday convinces a few more.

Ozyhibby
10-12-2015, 08:37 PM
There's certainly plans in place to look at different ways to increase uptake in the coming year.

I'm not sure HSL will ever, or was ever was going to, reach the kind of numbers FOH has. There is simply no urgent need for it to do so, Hearts fans had no choice. It's also worth remembering a lot of people chose to buy shares direct and put their money in that way, between that and HSL we now owe around 20% of the club which is a great achievement.

HSL has done a great job so far but there is still a long way to go.
We need to keep attracting new members to close the gap on the significant advantage FOH has given the Yams.
It doesn't really matter how the Yams had to sign up for FOH, they've done it now and it's a lot of money they are using to put a better team on the pitch.
We can do the same once people see the real benefits that A successful HSL will bring to the quality of team on the pitch.

scooby
10-12-2015, 08:39 PM

I agree entirely, but I can't help thinking about what we could achieve with more financial clout.
Guess we all just need to keep banging the drum!

Ozyhibby
10-12-2015, 08:54 PM
I agree entirely, but I can't help thinking about what we could achieve with more financial clout.
Guess we all just need to keep banging the drum!

With about 7500 season ticket holders and only 1300 HSL members, there are a lot of people who have yet to be convinced of the very real benefits of this scheme.

SausageSurprise
10-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Just got an email from HSL saying that they are looking for volunteers to hand out leaflets to fans on Saturday between 2 and 2:50pm. In return the club have offered to give the volunteers a free ticket for the game. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Anyone interested should email info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk.

Does said ticket come with a super duper shiny loyality point?

FranckSuzy
10-12-2015, 10:09 PM

You never know you might get a nice surprise, sausage :agree: :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
10-12-2015, 10:11 PM

A free ticket? wouldn't have thought so........

Blaster
11-12-2015, 08:00 AM
With about 7500 season ticket holders and only 1300 HSL members, there are a lot of people who have yet to be convinced of the very real benefits of this scheme.

I disagree. A lot of people maybe can't afford to do both. Some people only want to give so much of their cash to Hibs. Also guessing around 2000 are kids STs. We need to stop comparing to FOH as they do it for desperation to keep their club alive

Robinho08
11-12-2015, 08:05 AM
The vibe I'm getting is, some won't sign up until Petrie is away from the club. Short sighted if that is the case imho.

Just Alf
11-12-2015, 08:23 AM

The 1300 members doesn't include all those paying monthly and still to reach the member status threshold though.... Or am I mixed up? (Again) :confused:

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 08:25 AM
The 1300 members doesn't include all those paying monthly and still to reach the member status threshold though.... Or am I mixed up? (Again) :confused:

It does. The 1300 is all those signed up, whether they are past the threshold or not.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 08:28 AM
The vibe I'm getting is, some won't sign up until Petrie is away from the club. Short sighted if that is the case imho.

Ironic, as this scheme represents the best way of getting rid of him. Once we get to 20% of the shares purchased we are entitled to a seat on the board. Then supporters will have a real say in how the club is run.

Just Alf
11-12-2015, 08:32 AM
It does. The 1300 is all those signed up, whether they are past the threshold or not.

Ah ok :aok: ..... Must've misread the Q & A's lol

Andy74
11-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Ironic, as this scheme represents the best way of getting rid of him. Once we get to 20% of the shares purchased we are entitled to a seat on the board. Then supporters will have a real say in how the club is run.

That's true. We already have two on there as well mind!

I'm assuming once we get to the stage of having a board member from HSL that Leeann must come off the HSL board - otherwise there is the danger of there not being that distance required to challenge.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 08:40 AM
I disagree. A lot of people maybe can't afford to do both. Some people only want to give so much of their cash to Hibs. Also guessing around 2000 are kids STs. We need to stop comparing to FOH as they do it for desperation to keep their club alive

They signed up originally out of desperation but that threat has gone now. Their debt is small and they are being run sustainably. If they all stop paying tomorrow, the club will carry on.
There will be some who can't afford to do both and thats fair enough, nobody expect anyone to start spending money they don't have.
There are still people out there who can afford it but have yet to be convinced of the worth of the scheme.
I take your point about kids season tickets.
I don't know who the highest earning player is at Easter road or what he earns but I can almost guarantee his wage is more than covered by HSL income. There is a good chance he would not be there without HSL. If we can increase the membership, we can bring in another top player at the top of our pay scale. What's not to like about that?

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 08:47 AM

I'm assuming once we get to the stage of having a board member from HSL that Leeann must come off the HSL board - otherwise there is the danger of there not being that distance required to challenge.

The two board members we have there at the moment are gifted positions. They could be removed at the stroke of Rod's pen if they say or do anything he does not like. If HSL can get to 20% then that board position is protected by law.
HSL would have a powerful voice on the board.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 08:49 AM

I don't know but I agree that HSL's independence from the club is very important.

Blaster
11-12-2015, 09:03 AM
They signed up originally out of desperation but that threat has gone now. Their debt is small and they are being run sustainably. If they all stop paying tomorrow, the club will carry on.
There will be some who can't afford to do both and thats fair enough, nobody expect anyone to start spending money they don't have.
There are still people out there who can afford it but have yet to be convinced of the worth of the scheme.
I take your point about kids season tickets.
I don't know who the highest earning player is at Easter road or what he earns but I can almost guarantee his wage is more than covered by HSL income. There is a good chance he would not be there without HSL. If we can increase the membership, we can bring in another top player at the top of our pay scale. What's not to like about that?

I like the scheme mate and will personally join in January. My point is people already put a lot of money in and find it hard to justify more

I want more to join too but if people choose not too, particularly ST holders, I can understand why

chippy
11-12-2015, 09:22 AM
I don't know but I agree that HSL's independence from the club is very important.

Agreed and at some point HSL will need to open itself to elections. I don't think that time is now and I'm happy with guys like McCaskill and Charlie Reid leading it. But there was a lot of vitriol expended on this site against the Buy Hibs people and I think that constituency and their allies are holding back from HSL. I backed Buy Hibs but decided to join HSL as it does offer fan ownership eventually and allows me to give Hibs something I can afford. I think moves should take place to get these guys on board or at least supportive. They number at least a few hundred possibly a l thousand or two. With the likes of my old mate Simon Pia and Kano backing HSL I could see a much bigger take up of membership. I think HSL will need to look at how we as members are democratically represented within the next year or so and it may be time for Leann to leave the HSL board. Why not offer Simon or Kano or an elected rep her seat? I don't want to return to the slagging of last year over who said what x or y's motives just thinking of creative ways to unite our support and increase membership of HSL and funding for the team.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Anyone can join HSL and stand for election to the board. There are elections due in 2017 (I think).
I also backed BuyHibs at the time although I felt they promoted it poorly on here and if they had taken the chance to meet the board it may have been their scheme that prevailed. The two schemes were very similar. BuyHibs has gone now and it's not coming back. HSL is a real chance to move the club forward and at the same time provide funds for Alan Stubbs in January.

MB62
11-12-2015, 09:36 AM
The two board members we have there at the moment are gifted positions. They could be removed at the stroke of Rod's pen if they say or do anything he does not like. If HSL can get to 20% then that board position is protected by law.
HSL would have a powerful voice on the board.

One voice amongst many! Don't really see it being 'powerful'

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2015, 09:40 AM
One voice amongst many! Don't really see it being 'powerful'

If it represents 20% of the ownership, of course it's powerful. For one thing, it's the customer-base, the essence of the club. For another, it's only 5% short of having the power to stop some potentially fundamental moves by the Board (cf Rangers last week.)

chippy
11-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Anyone can join HSL and stand for election to the board. There are elections due in 2017 (I think).
I also backed BuyHibs at the time although I felt they promoted it poorly on here and if they had taken the chance to meet the board it may have been their scheme that prevailed. The two schemes were very similar. BuyHibs has gone now and it's not coming back. HSL is a real chance to move the club forward and at the same time provide funds for Alan Stubbs in January.

Good that elections are due in 2017 they need to publicise that. But some private and or public overtures to those supporters and their allies would surely be helpful to get some momentum behind HSL.

SunshineOnLeith
11-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Good that elections are due in 2017 they need to publicise that. But some private and or public overtures to those supporters and their allies would surely be helpful to get some momentum behind HSL.

I think HSL has more important things to worry about than Simon Pia's ego and hurt feelings.

chippy
11-12-2015, 09:55 AM
I think HSL has more important things to worry about than Simon Pia's ego and hurt feelings.
That's the spirit let's have another go dearie me

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 09:55 AM

HSL is inclusive of all Hibs supporters. Everyone is welcome.

scoopyboy
11-12-2015, 10:22 AM
I like the scheme mate and will personally join in January. My point is people already put a lot of money in and find it hard to justify more

I want more to join too but if people choose not too, particularly ST holders, I can understand why

You are of course contributing to the scheme already.

You successfully boost the funds of East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club by several hundred pounds a year by organising the Last Man standing competition.

East Lothian Hibs took up membership not only to add to the growth of the club but so our members could feel part of it as well as we realised that a lot of our members couldn't afford to take up membership on an individual basis.

It is great that you intend to join personally in January and I hope many more will as well.

I agree with the comment that people can only give Hibs so much money.

I only pay for myself so I am a season ticket holder, HSL member and subscribe to Hibs TV.

However a man that is a season ticket holder and has two kids season tickets pays more to Hibs in a season than I do.

He maybe isn't a member of HSL but is every bit as much a contributer to the club as I am.

chippy
11-12-2015, 10:22 AM
HSL is inclusive of all Hibs supporters. Everyone is welcome.

That's the spirit. That is the only ball that should be kept hopping

DaveF
11-12-2015, 10:36 AM

Why do the 'buyhibs' section have to be wooed? Like Ozy I was all for buyhibs but they made a serious gaffe in not meeting RP when the chance was there and they fell away soon after.

I'd hope all hibs fans can bury past grievances, personality clashes or whatever and back HSL. I don't mean to be rude but I just don't see why one body of fans should make overtures to another when essentially they want the same thing?

Blaster
11-12-2015, 10:37 AM
You are of course contributing to the scheme already.

You successfully boost the funds of East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club by several hundred pounds a year by organising the Last Man standing competition.

East Lothian Hibs took up membership not only to add to the growth of the club but so our members could feel part of it as well as we realised that a lot of our members couldn't afford to take up membership on an individual basis.

It is great that you intend to join personally in January and I hope many more will as well.

I agree with the comment that people can only give Hibs so much money.

I only pay for myself so I am a season ticket holder, HSL member and subscribe to Hibs TV.

However a man that is a season ticket holder and has two kids season tickets pays more to Hibs in a season as I do.

He maybe isn't a member of HSL but is every bit as much a contributer to the club as I am.

Cheers J. You missed the £150 I've spent in the Hibs shop on Xmas presents. 😜

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Anyone willing to climb aboard? It only takes about 2 mins.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

The transfer window opens in about 3 weeks. Let's give Stubb's the tools he needs to get the job done.

villager
11-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I have serious reservations about the chairman remaining in post. The seven year decline after the cis win in 2007 leading to the relegation farce I've found impossible to forgive.

Signed up for Hsl this week as recognition that l.d, a.s and g.c have and are doing a brilliant job and wish to support them.

Still some way away from backing the club like I used too.

scoopyboy
11-12-2015, 11:57 AM
I have serious reservations about the chairman remaining in post. The seven year decline after the cis win in 2007 leading to the relegation farce I've found impossible to forgive.

Signed up for Hsl this week as recognition that l.d, a.s and g.c have and are doing a brilliant job and wish to support them.

The bold bit tells me you have made a start though, that is significant.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 12:03 PM
If it represents 20% of the ownership, of course it's powerful. For one thing, it's the customer-base, the essence of the club. For another, it's only 5% short of having the power to stop some potentially fundamental moves by the Board (cf Rangers last week.)

Not really sure how it all works but I would think it would be the second most powerful position on the board as it would be the only director who could not be removed by Rod. And like you say, once HSL gets to 26% there is no way the club could do anything big that we did not like(move away from Easter road, issue new shares etc).
This has the power to give the fans a real voice in what happens at Easter road.

villager
11-12-2015, 01:06 PM
The bold bit tells me you have made a start though, that is significant.

Greg mailer at the commercial department took the time to listen my concerns a couple of times this year. His response persuaded me to sign up and support the new management team.

It is a start, more needs to change in the future and sooner rather than later to get me all in again.
Got shares from before, Used to have s.t, hibs t.v, Hibernians membership would take neutrals along and use the clubstore. Haven't seen my east terrace stone since the Hamilton playoff. Seen a dozen away games and have accepted a good few hospitality invites since relegation but still some way off from supporting the club with an open heart.

For me, addressing the chairmans position is the key to truly uniting the club again and would remove the glass ceiling that restricts the great new team at easter road fulfilling its potential.

MB62
11-12-2015, 01:14 PM

So 25% is powerful as far as safety is concerned, which is why getting that level was so important back in the Mercenary days.
20% would only be relevant at AGM/EGM's as I doubt decisions in the boardroom are taken on a % vote and will more likely be, one person one vote.

Not trying to rubbish it, just disagreeing with the use of the word powerful.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 01:22 PM
So 25% is powerful as far as safety is concerned, which is why getting that level was so important back in the Mercenary days.
20% would only be relevant at AGM/EGM's as I doubt decisions in the boardroom are taken on a % vote and will more likely be, one person one vote.

Not trying to rubbish it, just disagreeing with the use of the word powerful.

I think you are correct but I imagine that any concerns the HSL director had about any decision would be heard a little bit louder. I would imagine the chairman would want to make sure that particular voting block was onside.

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2015, 03:28 PM
I think you are correct but I imagine that any concerns the HSL director had about any decision would be heard a little bit louder. I would imagine the chairman would want to make sure that particular voting block was onside.

Remember, too, that there are already 2 fans' reps on the Board. Adding another does add to the voice.

offshorehibby
11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
I had already bought a share HSL within days of it starting but have been meaning to start up a DD but never got round to it.

That's me now signed up for a DD form this morning.

GGTTH

CB_NO3
11-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Will there be another loyalty point incentive to join soon? Missed it last month.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 05:10 PM
I had already bought a share HSL within days of it starting but have been meaning to start up a DD but never got round to it.

That's me now signed up for a DD form this morning.

GGTTH

Brilliant. It's the certainty of that monthly income coming in that helps give the club the confidence to back the manager.
Hopefully more will sign up in the coming weeks.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Will there be another loyalty point incentive to join soon? Missed it last month.

After the trouble that one caused? [emoji23]

Seriously though, I've no idea but that one went to all members regardless of when they joined so if you signed up now, there a good chance you would be included in any future offer.

Andy74
11-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Not really sure how it all works but I would think it would be the second most powerful position on the board as it would be the only director who could not be removed by Rod. And like you say, once HSL gets to 26% there is no way the club could do anything big that we did not like(move away from Easter road, issue new shares etc).
This has the power to give the fans a real voice in what happens at Easter road.

The others can't be removed by Rod either.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 06:10 PM
The others can't be removed by Rod either.

Really? Who appoints them? Who decides if they need moved on?

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Really? Who appoints them? Who decides if they need moved on?

It's a collective decision by the Board. Appointments are also ratified by the Shareholders.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 06:28 PM
It's a collective decision by the Board. Appointments are also ratified by the Shareholders.

To get the ratification of the shareholders, would you need the ok from HFC holdings?

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2015, 06:35 PM
To get the ratification of the shareholders, would you need the ok from HFC holdings?

Unless they abstained, yes.

I can't imagine a situation, though, where they wouldn't approve a Board appointment.

chippy
11-12-2015, 08:27 PM
HSL could sell 'I'm in HSL are you yet' T shirts great marketing if done well.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 08:45 PM

One for the summer transfer window[emoji3]

SausageSurprise
11-12-2015, 09:34 PM

What about more "Us and Them" T-shirts😎

Leithenhibby
27-12-2015, 03:04 PM

:aok: Brilliant, well done.

I think it's fair to say, we all want the same thing. Starting tomorrow!.. GGTTH

Plenty room for more :wink: http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

lucky
27-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Now that Christmas is out the way surely it's time for the waiverers, undecided, sceptical and canny be bothered sections of our great support to have another look and join HSL. Collectively we can take ownership of our club and move the club forward.

Come on join the revolution

Ozyhibby
27-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Now that Christmas is out the way surely it's time for the waiverers, undecided, sceptical and canny be bothered sections of our great support to have another look and join HSL. Collectively we can take ownership of our club and move the club forward.

And afford better players. It's a win win.

Betty Boop
27-12-2015, 03:35 PM

Erm you do realise, that some of us don't get paid for another 5 weeks.

lucky
27-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Erm you do realise, that some of us don't get paid for another 5 weeks.

Yes of course some have a while to get paid but the whole point is keep HSL in everyone's mind. But if your going to struggle to pay £10 each month then I'd advise anyone not to sign up.

Only those who can afford it should sign up.

1875STEVE
27-12-2015, 06:15 PM
When where these bonus points for being in the HSL meant to have been allocated???

ronaldo7
27-12-2015, 06:23 PM

It would be nice if the "Committee" could see fit to give all those joining from now on to get the same bonus points as those who could afford it in November. The cash goes to the same source.

I hope they can see fit to treat "All" Hibs fans equally. :aok:

Over to you Amit/Frank. :aok:

Onceinawhile
27-12-2015, 06:27 PM
When where these bonus points for being in the HSL meant to have been allocated???

Not until February.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 06:56 PM
It would be nice if the "Committee" could see fit to give all those joining from now on to get the same bonus points as those who could afford it in November. The cash goes to the same source.

The decision to award loyalty points, was nothing to do with Frank/Amit, so not sure why they would get involved in it now........

Ozyhibby
27-12-2015, 07:34 PM

HSL can only look after the fans that sign up to HSL.
It was not just the members who signed up in November who received loyalty points.
You thinking of signing up?

lucky
27-12-2015, 07:40 PM
The loyalty points are a bonus and really not that much. I'd have hoped people would sign up to help the fans take ownership and strengthen the team not for bonus loyalty points but HSL can only do it if the club agree.

ronaldo7
27-12-2015, 08:37 PM
The decision to award loyalty points, was nothing to do with Frank/Amit, so not sure why they would get involved in it now........

I never said it was.:wink:

More of an invite to see if more people would take up the offer of getting involved in HSL in the future. Maybe Frank/Amit could run with it, being fans reps.:aok:

lucky
27-12-2015, 08:42 PM

More of an invite to see if more people would take up the offer of getting involved in HSL in the future. Maybe Frank/Amit could run with it, being fans reps.:aok:

Are you suggesting that present Hibs directors run HSL? Sorry but that would not be acceptable. HSL will vote on its directors in two years time and everyone that votes has to be a HSL member.

StevieC
27-12-2015, 08:49 PM
It was not just the members who signed up in November who received loyalty points.

Were loyalty points actually awarded? I thought there was a statement from the club that said the idea for awarding points was put on hold?
If they were awarded, how many were given?

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Were loyalty points actually awarded? I thought there was a statement from the club that said the idea for awarding points was put on hold?
If they were awarded, how many were given?

100 points being awarded on February 2nd

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 08:55 PM

You asked if fans joining now would get same points and I took it you meant for Amit/Frank to take up that mantle.....It's not really anything to do with these guys, it was between HSL and Hibs......

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Are you suggesting that present Hibs directors run HSL? Sorry but that would not be acceptable. HSL will vote on its directors in two years time and everyone that votes has to be a HSL member.

Think there are 7 HSL Director's, 2 of whom are also Director's of Hibs.....My impression was anyone elected on to Hibs Board in future from HSL in due course, would have to be voted in.............

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Think there are 7 HSL Director's, 2 of whom are also Director's of Hibs.....My impression was anyone elected on to Hibs Board in future from HSL in due course, would have to be voted in.............
When the supporters have 20% of the shares, the supporters are entitled to have 2 further seats on the football club Board. It's not restricted to HSL directors or members.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 09:08 PM
When the supporters have 20% of the shares, the supporters are entitled to have 2 further seats on the football club Board. It's not restricted to HSL directors or members.

Thanks for clarifying CWG.:aok:

ronaldo7
27-12-2015, 09:21 PM
You asked if fans joining now would get same points and I took it you meant for Amit/Frank to take up that mantle.....It's not really anything to do with these guys, it was between HSL and Hibs......

:agree: And why not?

All of us in the same boat so to speak. All the cash raised goes to help the club, and if some fans joined at a certain time as they could afford it, why shouldn't others in the boat get the same perks?

Just throwing it out there.:aok:

They are fans reps after all.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 09:28 PM
:agree: And why not?

All of us in the same boat so to speak. All the cash raised goes to help the club, and if some fans joined at a certain time as they could afford it, why shouldn't others in the boat get the same perks?

Just throwing it out there.:aok:

They are fans reps after all.

The whole HSL giving 100 points has created a Sh!& storm.....

ronaldo7
27-12-2015, 09:34 PM
The whole HSL giving 100 points has created a Sh!& storm.....

Not really...Just give it to everyone who joins.

Just Alf
27-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Pretty sure the idea was to get some additional momentum in the lead up to the January transfer window, hence the HSL thread running from November e.g. have 3 months contributions prior to Feb = 100 points (or becoming an actual paid up member of course!)

If you're not contributing monthly yet then that boat's sailed although you do have time to become a full member! :agree:

I qualify on both accounts.... wonder if I'll get double! :devil:

:stirrer:

EDIT: joking apart this is something they could do as we near every transfer window
EDIT 2: prob wouldn't work as there'd be more of a negative impact on ST holders etc :dunno:

Ozyhibby
27-12-2015, 10:37 PM

It was an early bird offer?

lucky
27-12-2015, 10:44 PM

That's not my understanding, when HSL get 20% that are entitled to have one of their members on the board representing HSL.

CropleyWasGod
27-12-2015, 10:47 PM
That's not my understanding, when HSL get 20% that are entitled to have one of their members on the board representing HSL.

Sorry, you're right. Blame the overeating. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2015, 10:48 PM

Thats what I thought too......Assumed CWG was more au fait with the practise than I was.............

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Thats what I thought too......Assumed CWG was more au fait with the practise than I was.............
Not on holiday I don't. I have previous for that :)