McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Feruz

Boyle for feruz and play 4-5-1

Unseen work
22-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Hard call for stubbs to make
Stick with the team that it playing well or go for a different team (352) only problem is who to drop cause you would bring in mcgregor

Oxley
Mcgregor hanlon fontaine
Gray mcgeouch/bartley/mcginn/Henderson Stevenson
Cummings malonga/boyle

Think Boyle would be useful with his pace against them but prefer him in the wide role to through the middle.
None of the central 4 deserve to be dropped as they have all been very good

Sir David Gray
22-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Oxley

Stevenson
Hanlon
Fontaine
Gray

Bartley
Henderson
McGinn
McGeouch
Boyle

Cummings

SUBS

Reguero
Forster
McGregor
Carmichael
Martin
Malonga
Stanton

berwickhibee
22-09-2015, 09:44 PM
hope he goes

Oxley

McGregor
fonaine
hanlon

gray,,mcgeogh,bartley,mcginn,stevenson

Henderson supporting cummings:thumbsup:

Michael
22-09-2015, 09:49 PM
hope he goes

Oxley

McGregor
fonaine
hanlon

gray,,mcgeogh,bartley,mcginn,stevenson

Henderson supporting cummings:thumbsup:

100% this - supporting is our best striker since super leigh. :not worth

Big L
22-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Oxley Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson Hanlon Bartley McGeough McGinn Henderson Cummings 4 2 3 1.

silverhibee
22-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Feruz is injured.

When did that happen.?

Sir David Gray
22-09-2015, 09:55 PM
When did that happen.?

Yesterday I think. He has a strain of some description.

My_Wife_Camille
22-09-2015, 09:58 PM

Another case of Hibee Hamstring?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Another case of Hibee Hamstring?

Solution - simples - stretch muscles whilst fatigued and increas anaerobic interval training at higher intensity. ;)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1725238/pdf/v039p00363.pdf

bigwheel
23-09-2015, 06:13 AM

It does put into question the stretching routines at Hibs - might be wrong , but there seems to be an Unusual amount of strains and pulls

Get them doing some Yoga !

PiemanP
23-09-2015, 06:39 AM
It has to be 3-5-2 for me. Yes we've been winning games, but the 4 in the middle are so narrow I think Aberdeen will take us apart down the wings. We need pace and width to hit them on the break so this is a game for Boyle to shine like he did at the end of last season.

Oxley

Fonts
Hanlon
Forster/mcgregor

Stevenson
Mcginn
Bartley
Mcgeoch
Gray

Cummings
Boyle

Boyle to have a free role down the wings, so it's effectively 1 up top but with mcginn and mcgeoch supporting Cummings at every opportunity so he's not isolated.

Gray and Stevenson also need to get their finger out attacking wise as they've not looked nearly as threatening as last season.

allezsauzee
23-09-2015, 08:33 AM
We have to play Malonga against Aberdeen. Easily our classiest striker even if he is a lazy so and so. He showed this against Dundee United last season.

Alfred E Newman
23-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Feruz is injured.

Unbelievable. Yet maybe not!

Brightside
23-09-2015, 09:55 AM
We have to play Malonga against Aberdeen. Easily our classiest striker even if he is a lazy so and so. He showed this against Dundee United last season.

I'd rather play Forster upfront on his own than Malonga!

nickwhibs
23-09-2015, 10:20 AM

Good one. Yes Malonga's not perfect but we play much better when he's in the team - due to his first touch and ability to bring others into play. He needs to be more ruthless with his finishing but it'll come when his confidence is back up. But I agree that he shouldn't be played as a lone striker. Him and Cummings up top for me.

flash
23-09-2015, 10:36 AM

Well lets just be thankful you have no say in team selection

SirPsychoHibee
23-09-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking 3-5-2 is the way to go tonight as well.

Oxley

Fontaine
Hanlon
McGregor

Stevenson
Mcginn
Bartley
Mcgeoch
Gray

Henderson

Cummings

Henderson could be pretty effective as a number 10 type playing off Cummings. Think a 4-4-2 could be suicidal tonight.

.Sean.
23-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Oxley

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

flash
23-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Malonga.

Our best available team.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-09-2015, 10:59 AM
This would have been my pick of the ties but the BBC in their efforts to big up the huns made them look real stupid so we get nothing.

J-C
23-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn
Henderson

Cummings
Malonga.

Our best available team.

4-4-2 will get demolished against Aberdeen, we need bodies in midfield so it should be 3-5-2 or 3-1-4-1-1 depending who's available.

scoopyboy
23-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Oxley

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

I think it will be 3-5-2 tonight as well Sean.

Speaking to a chap that knows his stuff and he says if it's that formation then Bartley will miss out, I hope not as he's been getting better by the week.

I notice you have left McGeouch out of the team, thing is one of the midfield have to go from Saturday if we go 3-5-2.

Andy74
23-09-2015, 11:11 AM

Let's not get silly about it. Malonga will come good again once he gets a bit more game time.

hfc rd
23-09-2015, 11:16 AM
3-5-1-1

Oxley

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
McGinn
Bartley
Henderson
Stevenson

McGeouch

Cummings

subs (think it's only 5 subs for league cup)
Reguero
Forster
Boyle
Carmichael
Malonga

Billy Whizz
23-09-2015, 11:17 AM

Speaking to a chap that knows his stuff and he says if it's that formation then Bartley will miss out, I hope not as he's been getter by the week.

I notice you have left McGeouch out of the team, thing is one of the midfield have to go from Saturday if we go 3-5-2.
Can't see him leaving McGeough out unless he's injured. See what you mean with Bartley, if we have 3 centre halfs, don't need a sitting midfielder in front of them. Unless Bartley is going to mark one of their key players

Smartie
23-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Malonga brings a lot to the table - his touch is excellent, he holds it up well, links play excellently and he has a fair bit of pace when he gets going.

He doesn't really seem to bring a cutting edge though and that's what we've been lacking. He doesn't seem to me to have a great partnership with Cummings.

I think our defence and midfield look a bit better this season than last but ultimately it was what we did in the final third that cost us last year and I have a strange feeling it will be the same this year. We have the same players and the same failings (albeit with our excellent defensive record we're getting away with it for now).

I honestly don't think that chucking big Jordon up there is anything like as mental as it sounds. We went quite direct at times on Saturday - at least he'd win the odd flick if we did that, and at least he'd attack every cross that was put in the box (instead of just watch them as Malonga and Cummings tend to do).

Hopefully Keatings will be fit to return shortly as he was showing encouraging signs.

JimBHibees
23-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Can't see him leaving McGeough out unless he's injured. See what you mean with Bartley, if we have 3 centre halfs, don't need a sitting midfielder in front of them. Unless Bartley is going to mark one of their key players

I would say their key player at the moment is McGinn who was outstanding on Sunday so I think we do need to double up in wide areas to protect the full backs. Would maybe go for a 451 or 4411 with maybe Henderson off Malonga or Cummings up front.

My team would be

Ox

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson

McGeouch Bartley McGinn Boyle

Henderson

Malonga or Cummings.

Mathias Jack
23-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Na, it's defo 7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34253361

Any excuse to post this!

Hibeewilly
23-09-2015, 11:36 AM
I would go for a 3-5-2 as well but Bartley and McGeoch are first picks for me. Bartley is getting better with every game and we need his height and strength tonight no question. 2-1 Hibees GGTTH:flag:

.Sean.
23-09-2015, 11:37 AM

Speaking to a chap that knows his stuff and he says if it's that formation then Bartley will miss out, I hope not as he's been getting better by the week.

Yeah, was McGeough or Bartley for me and I was really impressed with Bartley on Saturday, plus should be plenty creativity with Malonga, McGinn and Henderson.

flash
23-09-2015, 11:46 AM
4-4-2 will get demolished against Aberdeen, we need bodies in midfield so it should be 3-5-2 or 3-1-4-1-1 depending who's available.

I disagree. 442 gives us bodies in midfield. 352 will just become 532 like it did last season at Ibrox.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2015, 11:57 AM
When is the draw for the next round? Just asking like😀

oneone73
23-09-2015, 12:03 PM
When is the draw for the next round? Just asking like😀

Monday.

KeithTheHibby
23-09-2015, 12:47 PM
The keeper, defence and midfield picks itself. Only doubt will be around strikers however I think Stubbs will go with JC and Dom.

MyJo
23-09-2015, 01:17 PM
_________________Oxley

Gray______Fontaine_____Mcgregor_____Hanlon

____________Bartley___McGeoch

Boyle____________McGinn__________Henderson

_______________Cummings

number9dream
23-09-2015, 01:49 PM
The Dons are very solid at the back and deadly on the break, so we might need to be cagey. Hearts were punished for leaving big gaps at the back.
Is Fyvie still out? I might have been tempted to play him alongside Bartley and sacrificing a striker. I've seen nothing from Boyle to suggest he's worth a start. Sure he's fast but he lacks the basic skills and composure.
Think it will be the same XI from Saturday.

Brightside
23-09-2015, 01:52 PM
_________________Oxley

_______________Cummings

Probably not the best time to knock out a formation and team we havent used this season!

I think it will be a 442 but with boyle sitting a lot deeper and wider than cummings.

Smartie
23-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Probably not the best time to knock out a formation and team we havent used this season!

I think it will be a 442 but with boyle sitting a lot deeper and wider than cummings.

Is that not roughly what we played at Ibrox?

Some different personnel, some players in different positions but it looks like the 4-5-1 we played to counter Wallace and Tavernier getting forward.

I don't know what Stubbs will do, whether he will do something like this and worry about Aberdeen's threat or go with what we usually go with and let them worry about us.

Brightside
23-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Is that not roughly what we played at Ibrox?

Some different personnel, some players in different positions but it looks like the 4-5-1 we played to counter Wallace and Tavernier getting forward.

I don't know what Stubbs will do, whether he will do something like this and worry about Aberdeen's threat or go with what we usually go with and let them worry about us.

well you wouldnt be dropping Stevenson to put hanlon in at LB thats for sure.

TheFamous1875
23-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Oxley.

McGregor. Hanlon. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Gray. Bartley. McGinn. Boyle.

Henderson.

Cummings.

SUBS: Reguero; Forster, McGeouch, Malonga, Carmichael, Stanton, Martin.

A bit unorthodox to say the least, but I'll try to explain: we need to both play to our own strengths and try and contain Aberdeen who are the better side.

The reason I put Gray at right midfield is because he can get up the park and cross, but will also work hard to defend and get back which is his natural game. Aberdeen play with width and we need to counter that and having both Gray and McGregor on the right flank will be a tough ask for any of their wingers, in my opinion. Martin Boyle also works hard and is an attacking threat with his pace, so playing him wide left could see him come in with a few shots and be a bit of a wildcard for Aberdeen's defence.

The midfield picks itself, but whoever is most in-form between McGeouch, McGinn and Henderson gets the other two spots alongside Bartley who brings power to the middle of the park to counter Jack and Shinnie.

Ideally I'd want either Farid or Anier up top on their own to knock balls down and be a target man, but as far as I'm aware they're both still unfit, so naturally Cummings gets the nod which puts a lot of onus on our CAM to deliver, which is why I think we need Bartley on the pitch to give the #10 his chance to impose himself on the attack and link with Cummings. Does anyone think Malonga up top on his own against this level of opposition would be a better choice? His intelligence and retention of the ball in tight situations could be deployed to great effect, it's just a question of whether he's up to it or not.

Obviously this is very unorthodox and I do not see Stubbs going for this, but if I was Stubbs I would consider this approach as long as I thought it had a chance of working.

calumhibee1
23-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Oxley.

McGregor. Hanlon. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Gray. Bartley. McGinn. Boyle.

Henderson.

Cummings.

SUBS: Reguero; Forster, McGeouch, Malonga, Carmichael, Stanton, Martin.

A bit unorthodox to say the least, but I'll try to explain: we need to both play to our own strengths and try and contain Aberdeen who are the better side.

The reason I put Gray at right midfield is because he can get up the park and cross, but will also work hard to defend and get back which is his natural game. Aberdeen play with width and we need to counter that and having both Gray and McGregor on the right flank will be a tough ask for any of their wingers, in my opinion. Martin Boyle also works hard and is an attacking threat with his pace, so playing him wide left could see him come in with a few shots and be a bit of a wildcard for Aberdeen's defence.

The midfield picks itself, but whoever is most in-form between McGeouch, McGinn and Henderson gets the other two spots alongside Bartley who brings power to the middle of the park to counter Jack and Shinnie.

Ideally I'd want either Farid or Anier up top on their own to knock balls down and be a target man, but as far as I'm aware they're both still unfit, so naturally Cummings gets the nod which puts a lot of onus on our CAM to deliver, which is why I think we need Bartley on the pitch to give the #10 his chance to impose himself on the attack and link with Cummings. Does anyone think Malonga up top on his own against this level of opposition would be a better choice? His intelligence and retention of the ball in tight situations could be deployed to great effect, it's just a question of whether he's up to it or not.

Obviously this is very unorthodox and I do not see Stubbs going for this, but if I was Stubbs I would consider this approach as long as I thought it had a chance of working.

I actually like the look of this team. Stopping McGinn is key to us getting anything tonight, so having Gray and McGregor out there could work. I'm with you though in that I don't see us lining up like this.

Roxyhibee
23-09-2015, 03:31 PM
_________________Oxley

_______________Cummings

Saved me a bit of work here thanks.! - these players and this formation, but instead of Jason, have Malonga up front. He likes this type of game - he has his faults but he's a football player and can hold the ball up under pressure for the likes of Boyle sprinting forward or lining up Hendo and McGinn to have a shot from distance. Dom loved playing Dundee Utd last season and I'm hoping he can give us his best tonight.

McGeouch the workhorse playing between Bartley and mid 3 to assist when going forward and allow Boyle and Hendo to help protect the flanks under attack. They must protect the wide areas tonight..

Fontaine, Hanlon and McGregor up for any corners and set pieces to maximise our goal scoring chances - because we won't get many..

No pressure tonight - after what the Sheep did to Yams and Saints did to Huns, no one is expecting us to win tonight, in fact many will be predicting a real hiding for us... But we know we've got some real talent in this team now - lets roar them on tonight.. C'mon the Hibees.!!

ekhibee
23-09-2015, 04:12 PM
I reckon Hayes is just as dangerous as McGinn but not sure if he's suspended. It's going to be hard work marking both of them down the wings, but let's face it, they're on fire just now and we really don't have anything to lose. We might help our cause a bit if we can stop the likes of Ross Jack, who is a good passer. Just my opinion mind you.

The_Horde
23-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Guys. Ffs it's niall mcginn. No Messi.

Let's just go play our usual game and try and score goals.

andyt1875
23-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Where does fyvie fit into this?

TheFamous1875
23-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I reckon Hayes is just as dangerous as McGinn but not sure if he's suspended. It's going to be hard work marking both of them down the wings, but let's face it, they're on fire just now and we really don't have anything to lose. We might help our cause a bit if we can stop the likes of Ross Jack, who is a good passer. Just my opinion mind you.

I'm sure he's suspended.

HibbyAndy
23-09-2015, 04:45 PM
It wasn't that long ago hibs and Aberdeen had similar stats in the SPL over a 10 year period..Now they are light years ahead of us. Sad really.

Hibernia&Alba
23-09-2015, 04:54 PM
It's got to be a 4-5-1 of some kind.

More than anything I'm wanting a good performance in a game in which we're competitive. Of course we can win if all goes to plan, but first and foremost I'd like to see the team give Aberdeen a real test in what will be a very tricky tie.

Ronniekirk
23-09-2015, 04:59 PM
Where does fyvie fit into this?

He doesn't as still out injured I think

ScottM1875
23-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I'd be delighted to be wrong, but I think that these are the sort of games where Jason will be caught out technically against experienced decent defenders. I'd play Dom tonight.

IanM
23-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Aberdeen team read out in the pub. Everyone starts laughing.. Not quite the weakened team we'd hoped for haha.. Game on !

CL0762
23-09-2015, 05:56 PM
Bartley & Malonga out.

McGregor & Boyle in.

Heisenberg
23-09-2015, 05:57 PM
@HibsOfficial: #HFCvAFC: Oxley, Gray, Henderson, Hanlon, Fontaine, McGeouch, Stevenson, Boyle, McGinn, McGregor, Cummings

Must be a 3-5-2

Diclonius
23-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Hit em on the break Hibs. Boyle will be an important player tonight.

Dalianwanda
23-09-2015, 06:09 PM
It wasn't that long ago hibs and Aberdeen had similar stats in the SPL over a 10 year period..Now they are light years ahead of us. Sad really.
A league above, hardly light years....Will have an idea tonight where we are..

LaMotta
23-09-2015, 06:12 PM
@HibsOfficial: #HFCvAFC: Oxley, Gray, Henderson, Hanlon, Fontaine, McGeouch, Stevenson, Boyle, McGinn, McGregor, Cummings

Must be a 3-5-2

According to stubbs on radio scotland its a 3-4-3!

Sammy7nil
23-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Must be a 3-5-2

AS gave out wrong team on radio :wink: said Forster was playing in place of McGregor

Unseen work
23-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Unfortunately I think they're miles ahead of us. Top of the league in the spl after 9 games and alot of quality and quantity throughout there teams.

We are currently 3rd in the league below.

Doesn't mean we can't win tonight tho :agree::gwa::flag:

California-Hibs
23-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Not sure how I feel about him not playing Bartley tonight. This is the exact kind of game he should be involved in and would thrive in!

whiskyhibby
23-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately I think they're miles ahead of us. Top of the league in the spl after 9 games and alot of quality and quantity throughout there teams.

We are currently 3rd in the league below.

Doesn't mean we can't win tonight tho :agree::gwa::flag:

We did ! And in some style, liked the fans chanting "SPL Your having a laugh" [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk