PDA

View Full Version : options up front for Aberdeen game

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Feruz out with a strain .Keatings still on mend from last injury so may not be risked ,Farid still weeks away from being in contention ,Anier not being mentioned , So with neither Cummings or Maloonga scoring at the weekend and Boyle not really suited to playing up front ,what is best option for this game bearing in mind we have a potentially difficult game on Saturday against St Mirren which we need to win

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Feruz out with a strain .Keatings still on mend from last injury so may not be risked ,Farid still weeks away from being in contention ,Anier not being mentioned , So with neither Cummings or Maloonga scoring at the weekend and Boyle not really suited to playing up front ,what is best option for this game bearing in mind we have a potentially difficult game on Saturday against St Mirren which we need to win
Where are you hearing that Feruz is out?

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Where are you hearing that Feruz is out?

It was when I was hiding in the bushes :wink:
its on Hibs news 24 7 think it was BBC link on the game Which was at the top last time I looked about ten minutes ago

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2015, 06:06 PM

oh brilliant, is their seriously another club in world football that has as many injuries as ours

:(

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 06:10 PM
It was when I was hiding in the bushes :wink:
its on Hibs news 24 7 think it was BBC link on the game Which was at the top last time I looked about ten minutes ago

Thanks, just saw it on the BBC review of the game, says Feruz is doubtful with a strain

rcarter1
22-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Trialist. :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Thanks, just saw it on the BBC review of the game, says Feruz is doubtful with a strain

nae sense in risking him if doubtful ,as we just can't afford to have players in and out .Better if he could get regular game time from the bench and increase the time if he is proving his worth .

GreenOnions
22-09-2015, 06:20 PM
That's a shame if Feruz is unavailable. I was thinking it could have been a good opportunity to give him a start.

Sir David Gray
22-09-2015, 06:20 PM
The number of injuries we are picking up is quite incredible.

I don't think we have much option other than playing Cummings and Malonga tomorrow if Keatings, El Alagui and Feruz are all injured.

It's quite sad that we probably have one of the largest choice of strikers in the country and yet we're struggling to put two strikers in the team.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 06:22 PM
That's a shame if Feruz is unavailable. I was thinking it could have been a good opportunity to give him a start.

He warmed up for ages on Saturday and didn't get on. Hope it's just a minor strain

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 06:23 PM

Billy whizz is right says doubtful so I could be wrong he may make recover in time or may be on bench and and come on . I just think we can't afford to take chances just now .BBC not saying Keatings out ,so maybe he will be available

Ozyhibby
22-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Cummings and Malonga yet again then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 06:41 PM
Cummings and Malonga yet again then?

Not convinced we'll start with 2 upfront tomorrow night

Ozyhibby
22-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Not convinced we'll start with 2 upfront tomorrow night

You could be right. Stopping them break quickly will be important.

J-C
22-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Cummings up top and play 4-5-1 counter attack

Onceinawhile
22-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Cummings up top and play 4-5-1 counter attack

No chance. JC can't play up top on his own, would just invite pressure back on to us. Has to be Malonga and JC.

I'd imagine we'll go 3-5-2 with mcgregor coming in for henderson.

Hannah_hfc
22-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Could this be an opportunity for Insall to make a start? Albeit would be thrown in the deep end. Or is he on the injury list as well?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

bigwheel
22-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Could this be an opportunity for Insall to make a start? Albeit would be thrown in the deep end. Or is he on the injury list as well?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

, not had a competitive match for the development side...zero chance of him being considered

southern hibby
23-09-2015, 06:50 AM
I'd personally go with Cummings and malonga up front. Carmichael and Boyle on the wings.

We know Boyle will track back and from the limited time we've seen him he seems willing to do this too. Only reason I'm putting this up for an option is because against Livingston second half we looked like we wanted Livingston to attack us. We constantly missed the midfield out by punting high balls forward to a striker who is not suited to this style of play and let's be totally honest and no disrespect to Livi, Aberdeen will hurt us a lot more if we give them the ball as cheaply.
Also I would constantly swap Boyle and Carmichael on the wings as this would give Aberdeen more to think about than they normally have to contend with.

GGTTH

southern hibby
23-09-2015, 06:51 AM
Sorry should have said from the limited time we've seen Carmichael he seems willing to do this too.

GGTTH