PDA

View Full Version : Rugby World Cup

Pages : [1] 2

PatHead
22-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Not really an egg chasing fan but will take an interest in what is happening in the World Cup until at least Scotland get knocked out or someone beats Engerland. (Commentators do my head in and I am sick of hearing they won the World Cup once.)

I see our first game is tomorrow afternoon against Japan. I assume this is on STV?

Couple of other questions.

Why do South Africa have 2 points when they got beaten the other day and some countries have 5 points whilst others only have 4 for winning?

How many go through from each group?

Golden Bear
22-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Not really an egg chasing fan but will take an interest in what is happening in the World Cup until at least Scotland get knocked out or someone beats Engerland. (Commentators do my head in and I am sick of hearing they won the World Cup once.)

I see our first game is tomorrow afternoon against Japan. I assume this is on STV?

Couple of other questions.

Why do South Africa have 2 points when they got beaten the other day and some countries have 5 points whilst others only have 4 for winning?

How many go through from each group?

The South Africans got a point for scoring 4 or more tries plus another point for losing by less than seven points. It's a 2.30 kick off tomorrow and yes, I expect ITV (Stv) will be covering it.

All the fixtures and results can be found on this link.

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/rugby-world-cup/results

Also found the format:-

The pool phase will consist of a round robin in which each Team shall play each other Team within the pool once. There will be 10 Matches played in each pool, for a total of 40 Matches in the pool phase of the Tournament.

1.1.2 Match points system

The following number of Match points will be awarded for each pool phase Match:

Win 4 points

Draw 2 points

Loss 0 points

4 or more tries 1 point

Loss by 7 points or less 1 point

PatHead
23-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks for that. Point system seems awfully complicated.

Mr White
23-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Scotland giving japan a bit of a pumping here. 45 10 with 5 minutes left. Bonus point for Scotland.

heretoday
23-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Japs were disappointing. Indisciplined in the first half and careless in the second. Their efforts v South Africa took the stuffing out of them.

Golden Bear
23-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Great start lads! USA next.

easty
23-09-2015, 03:24 PM
good second half, the defending in the last few mins was excellent.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Thats one in the eye for the Japs!

Golden Bear
25-09-2015, 10:09 AM
10 changes announced for Sunday's fixture v USA at Elland Road.

That's a statement of confidence in the depth of the squad, hopefully Vern Cotton is right. It's essential that Scotland win this fixture comfortably and the bonus points would put us in a fairly strong position for qualification to the quarter final stage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34356246

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2015, 08:59 PM
well done the injury ravaged welsh...28-25 v engerlund at twickers :greengrin

Hiber-nation
26-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Well done Wales :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
26-09-2015, 09:17 PM
Unbelievable is the word methinks! Sir Clive Woodward is not a happy man!

McD
27-09-2015, 08:14 AM
Thanks for that. Point system seems awfully complicated.

Its aimed at ecouraging teams to attack (bonus points for 4+ tries) and to keep fighting to the end (bonus point for a defeat of less than 7 points), so that the spectacle is in theory more entertaining.

it also means that it keeps the group stages a bit more open as its not just a straightforward 3 points for a win and nothing else. And rewards the lesser teams if they keep it close and don't play negatively.

but yeah can be a bit complex at times, although sometimes means teams need to win their last group match with the 4+ tries to qualify, so it means they throw caution to the wind a bit.

Golden Bear
27-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Its aimed at ecouraging teams to attack (bonus points for 4+ tries) and to keep fighting to the end (bonus point for a defeat of less than 7 points), so that the spectacle is in theory more entertaining.

it also means that it keeps the group stages a bit more open as its not just a straightforward 3 points for a win and nothing else. And rewards the lesser teams if they keep it close and don't play negatively.

but yeah can be a bit complex at times, although sometimes means teams need to win their last group match with the 4+ tries to qualify, so it means they throw caution to the wind a bit.

I'm sure it's the same points system that operates on a week to week basis in the Scottish Club Leagues and the Pro 12.

Hiber-nation
27-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Is it my imagination or is ITV's theme song the sound of a woman being strangled set to music?

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Scotland v uncle sam next up :)

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Good Luck Scotland.

A good win during the week against the Japanese who a few days earlier beat the South Africans.

Scotland take on the USA in the Rugby World Cup (this is no Mickey Mouse cup). Hopefully the ball Disneyland in our goal area. Pleased our strip's Snow White as I like us playing in our dark blue tops. Think we will win most of the Ariel battles.

Come on Scotland. Let's get into these Muppets.

Golden Bear
27-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Boring stuff so far, too many stoppages for my liking.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Scotland better give themselves a shake in the 2nd half.

Colr
27-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Scotland better give themselves a shake in the 2nd half.

USA looking OK but Scotland making critical mistakes

Golden Bear
27-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Half time 13-6 down. Not looking good so far.

McD
27-09-2015, 02:21 PM
USA looking OK but Scotland making critical mistakes

Scotland are poor, no doubt. The ref isn't having a great game imo, pinged Scotland for holding on but letting the USA players away with longer, a few of the American 'big hits' have been shoulder tackles/barges for me, again the ref not doing anything about it.

All that said, Scotland need to step it up, meet the physical challenge of the Americans, and start to play. Too many handling errors and American runners being allowed to make yards after tackle

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 02:21 PM
usual negative tactics from scotland when given a penalty...we ALWAYS want to take the 3 points even if the kick is from the halfway line, 6-3 up with USA already having very poor line-outs so what do we do...yup take a shot at goal from the halfway line with the penalty instead of kicking to touch for a line-out

Mr Grieves
27-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Scotland rattled by the big hits, poor stuff so far

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 02:34 PM
now that's more like it :)

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 02:39 PM
much more like it :thumbsup:

Mr Grieves
27-09-2015, 02:40 PM
Much better!

HUTCHYHIBBY
now that's more like it :)

I wonder what the coach put in their half time drink?!! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
Get in. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Another one and Laidlaw on to take the kicks I would think.

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 02:48 PM
I wonder what the coach put in there half time drink?!! :greengrin

change of personnel :agree: cotter was resting a few players and it backfired

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 02:51 PM
change of personnel :agree: cotter was resting a few players and it backfired

:agree: Glad they've brought Laidlaw on. Missed a couple of penalty kicks in the first half which Laidlaw would have probably converted. Need another quick try to settle the nerves.

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 03:00 PM
yanks giving too many penalties away...a wee yellow card on the horizon me thinks

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 03:01 PM
at last...:greengrin and a wee brucie bonus

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 03:01 PM
That will do. :thumbsup:

Colr
27-09-2015, 03:06 PM
That will do. :thumbsup:

More like it but they need to keep grip

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 03:07 PM
More like it but they need to keep grip

I know. It's not over yet.

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 03:17 PM
39-16 ft

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 03:17 PM
at last...:greengrin and a wee brucie bonus

What do points make. Good game good game. Lets have a look at the old scoreboard.

Scotland 39 v USA 16

Golden Bear
27-09-2015, 03:21 PM
Nae danger. On to St James Park next week. Bring on the Boks!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2015, 03:35 PM
change of personnel :agree: cotter was resting a few players and it backfiredAye, I realised that.

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 03:41 PM
The points system is mad. South Africa won one game but have seven points.

--------
27-09-2015, 05:37 PM
usual negative tactics from scotland when given a penalty...we ALWAYS want to take the 3 points even if the kick is from the halfway line, 6-3 up with USA already having very poor line-outs so what do we do...yup take a shot at goal from the halfway line with the penalty instead of kicking to touch for a line-out

That worked well for England last night .... :greengrin

World Cups are won by squads, not XV's. Coach seems to be making sure everyone gets a game and no one plays longer than necessary to get the team through. I don't have a lot of time for egg-chucking, but those two games would have been real potential disasters for Scotland in the past, but they're through without damage and bonus points in both games. Scotland have a real chance of getting through this section, now.

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2015, 05:50 PM
That worked well for England last night .... :greengrin

World Cups are won by squads, not XV's. Coach seems to be making sure everyone gets a game and no one plays longer than necessary to get the team through. I don't have a lot of time for egg-chucking, but those two games would have been real potential disasters for Scotland in the past, but they're through without damage and bonus points in both games. Scotland have a real chance of getting through this section, now.

i'm willing to bet £5 on that :) alas, irrespective of whether we go through as winners or runners-up we would then play either Wales...Australia..or engerlundy

seanshow
27-09-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm a relative newbie to rugby apart from a few 6 nations games on tv,
so In the position that they are in, who can explain why England are still 3rd favourite to win the tournament?
...scratching my head with that one.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/winner

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm a relative newbie to rugby apart from a few 6 nations games on tv,
so In the position that they are in, who can explain why England are still 3rd favourite to win the tournament?
...scratching my head with that one.

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/winner
They have a decent record against Australia, who they have to beat next week. They were probably the better side last night. They are playing at home.

It's probably fair.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 07:10 PM
The points system is mad. South Africa won one game but have seven points.

Just bringing my earlier post forward. So did they get one point for their narrow defeat to Japan and six points for their victory against Samoa. Confused.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Just bringing my earlier post forward. So did they get one point for their narrow defeat to Japan and six points for their victory against Samoa. Confused.
They got 2 points in the Japan game. 1 for scoring 4 tries and 1 for getting within 7 points.

They got 5 for the Samoa game.

iwasthere1972
27-09-2015, 07:50 PM
They got 2 points in the Japan game. 1 for scoring 4 tries and 1 for getting within 7 points.

They got 5 for the Samoa game.

Thanks. Makes sense now. Didn't think you could get more than five points for winning a game. Still thinks it's a nonsense to get two points for losing.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Thanks. Makes sense now. Didn't think you could get more than five points for winning a game. Still thinks it's a nonsense to get two points for losing.
The football analogy would be.....a team gets no credit for losing 6 -0, one credit for losing 6-3 and another for 6-5.

In the latter cases, they have contributed to the spectacle.

fulshie
02-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Just watched NZ V's Georgia. It wasn't a classic and so wasn't really much into it until, the commentator mentions "Scotland take on SA up in Newcastle at 16:30 tomorrow, and then after that ITS THE BIG ONE, England take on Australia". I found myself saying you arrogant dick, the world cup does not revolve around you. Our game is just as important than theirs as is who we're both playing.

Jim44
02-10-2015, 07:56 PM
New Zealand's handling is mince. They'll win the match at a canter but they don't look anywhere near the best in the competition.

grunt
02-10-2015, 07:56 PM
Just watched NZ V's Georgia. It wasn't a classic and so wasn't really much into it until, the commentator mentions "Scotland take on SA up in Newcastle at 16:30 tomorrow, and then after that ITS THE BIG ONE, England take on Australia". I found myself saying you arrogant dick, the world cup does not revolve around you. Our game is just as important than theirs as is who we're both playing.
Think it's big for Engurland. If they don't win, they're oot.

Jim44
02-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping for an upset this time round with New Zealand failing to win as they are expected to. Their arrogance and notion of devine right to win is pathetic. The degree of how ridiculously serious they take it was seen in 2007 when they were knocked out in the quarter finals by France. My daughter was working as a GP in New Zealand at that time and I remember her telling me that the number of people visiting her surgery in the days after the defeat was incredibly high. Apparently many people were so upset that returning to work was unthinkable. GP's were also advised to offer psychological councilling to any patients who were deemed to be particularly devastated by the result. It was like a national disaster.

CropleyWasGod
02-10-2015, 08:49 PM
New Zealand's handling is mince. They'll win the match at a canter but they don't look anywhere near the best in the competition.
Think football World Cups. Think Germany :)

weecounty hibby
02-10-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping for an upset this time round with New Zealand failing to win as they are expected to. Their arrogance and notion of devine right to win is pathetic. The degree of how ridiculously serious they take it was seen in 2007 when they were knocked out in the quarter finals by France. My daughter was working as a GP in New Zealand at that time and I remember her telling me that the number of people visiting her surgery in the days after the defeat was incredibly high. Apparently many people were so upset that returning to work was unthinkable. GP's were also advised to offer psychological councilling to any patients who were deemed to be particularly devastated by the result. It was like a national disaster.
Their arrogance as you call it is there due to decades and decades of hard work, training and playing harder, faster more skillful rugby than any other nation on the planet. They deserve to have a bit of arrogance as they are THE most successful sports team ever. I wish Scotland had the drive, determination and skill to be as " arrogant" as them, not just at rugby but at all sports. We won't win it unfortunately so I hope that the ABs do. Way better than England who are arrogant in the extreme with no real foundation for being so

Jim44
02-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Their arrogance as you call it is there due to decades and decades of hard work, training and playing harder, faster more skillful rugby than any other nation on the planet. They deserve to have a bit of arrogance as they are THE most successful sports team ever. I wish Scotland had the drive, determination and skill to be as " arrogant" as them, not just at rugby but at all sports. We won't win it unfortunately so I hope that the ABs do. Way better than England who are arrogant in the extreme with no real foundation for being so

On reflection, I think my reference to arrogance and devine right was more related to the national fan base as opposed to the team itself, who I agree are a terrific team. My anecdote about the consequences of defeat on the moral of the nation still stands and I couldn't and still can't believe how the result of a sporting competition could have such a devastating effect on the lives of the inhabitants of a country.

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 06:32 PM
so, unfortunately it was men v boys today against a country that we still won't beat within the next hundred years, now down to us only having to beat a side that were absolutely terrible v japan in the earlier game to advance to the QF..Samoa :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Normally, I hate referees being the centre of attention.

Best bit of today, though, apart from the Scotland try of course..... was when the ref told off a brick s-house of a South African.......

who replied with "sorry, sir".

:greengrin

fulshie
03-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Best bit of today, though, apart from the Scotland try of course..... was when the ref told off a brick s-house of a South African.......

:greengrinDidn't see the game as I was working but, the referee incident you refer to is superb.

Jim44
03-10-2015, 07:17 PM
I've got a feeling that England will just win this one tonight.

IWasThere2016
03-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Eng 3 - 10 Oz .. after 21 mins :thumbsup:

Sergey
03-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Eng 3 - 10 Oz .. after 21 mins :thumbsup:

:rules:

Spoiled it for me as I wanted to watch this on Rugby Special on BBC2 tomorrow afternoon.

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 07:47 PM
what a superb chance that was for the 3rd Australian try...until the total clown number 7 when steaming in to give engerlund a penalty...eejit

McD
03-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Didn't see the game as I was working but, the referee incident you refer to is superb.

Unlike the referee himself. He is a terrible ref imo

McD
03-10-2015, 07:55 PM
:rules:

Spoiled it for me as I wanted to watch this on Rugby Special on BBC2 tomorrow afternoon.

Surely you ran the risk of that by reading the rugby thread? :greengrin

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Not often I agree with Sir Clive, but yes, this game is far from over. Nearly though!

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 08:14 PM
princess harry getting aw excited

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Game on.

theonlywayisup
03-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Game on.

bye bye England

theonlywayisup
03-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Ooooops!!!

13-33 FT

They should have gone for the 3 points to draw against Wales

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Well now as a proud patriot but certainly no Scottish Nationalist let me say well none the Aussies!

Betty Boop
03-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Not really a rugby fan, but really enjoyed that.

PatHead
03-10-2015, 08:54 PM
I've got a feeling that England will just win this one tonight.

S******. Wonder what their excuses will be?

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 08:57 PM
couple of firsts for engerlund

first time they haven't reached the QF's

first time a host country has failed to get out the group stage

but a huge thank you to that little weasel Cipriani and 'sir' clown woodward...for the Australian team talk

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sport/2015/10/02/australia-wing-adam-ashley-cooper-hits-back-at-danny-cipriani/

"Not one Australian would get into that Englandhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk-sport/2015/10/02/australia-wing-adam-ashley-cooper-hits-back-at-danny-cipriani/#) team right now," said Cipriani, who was part of Lancaster's training squad for the tournament before being jettisoned at the final round of cuts.

the arrogant engerlish just never learn to keep the traps shut

Laugh ? i could ****** cry...with laughter

PatHead
03-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Joking apart Aussies were streets ahead of them. England were 2nd best in every area. Not half as good as they thought they were.

Golden Bear
03-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Joking apart Aussies were streets ahead of them. England were 2nd best in every area. Not half as good as they thought they were.

In other words, they cacked their drawers.

theonlywayisup
03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
FOR SALE...Low Milage,Used only 3 times https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f600.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQa6lp_WUAE8XTZ.jpg

ronaldo7
03-10-2015, 09:10 PM
15513 15514

Take your pick:greengrin

LancashireHibby
03-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Come home Sam Burgess.

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2015, 09:13 PM
i meant to say the wheels have came off that wee chariot they sing about

over 200 times per game

--------
05-10-2015, 06:06 PM
MOST gratifying.

It will be even more gratifying if Scotland manage to get it together in their last game to go through.

Sky Sports has been one long Engerlundishe whinge today - the end of their wee world, apparently. Lancaster to be burned alive at Twickers next week.

He is The Twicker Man. :devil:

Golden Bear
05-10-2015, 06:36 PM
The thought that the opposition were actually a better team and that was the real reason for England's defeat doesn't seem to have registered as yet!!

weecounty hibby
05-10-2015, 07:30 PM
The thought that the opposition were actually a better team and that was the real reason for England's defeat doesn't seem to have registered as yet!!

As I said in an earlier post, they are arrogant in the extreme with absolutely no foundation. Biggest resources in world rugby, more money spent than anyone else but four years without a six nations championship and papped out of their very own world cup in the group stages, lovely.
Some of the reporting is beyond belief. "Interest in world cup will drop off" not for me and any other member of Alloa rugby club. "Less money will be spent now" again not over the bar at Alloa rugby club. They have an over inflated opinion of where they are in the world. EVERY SINGLE NATION at the world cup are delighted they are out. Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Australia, NZ, South Africa, USA, Argentina, France, Japan, Italy. In my experience none of these teams/nations give a flying one for England.

Future17
06-10-2015, 08:55 AM

I liked the ref giving Hogg pelters for diving. Embarrassed him in front of the nation, as it should be. If only we could have similar in football.

heretoday
06-10-2015, 09:51 PM
I liked the ref giving Hogg pelters for diving. Embarrassed him in front of the nation, as it should be. If only we could have similar in football.

You're right. It's a most dispicable act and refs don't pick up on it often enough.

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2015, 10:32 PM

A prepared/rehearsed line from the refs a bit cringey though. I like his way of talking to the players normally but that one stunk to me of someone trying to increase his own brand.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2015, 11:42 PM

very embarrassing for him....and a lot of scotsmen as well

You're right. It's a most dispicable act and refs don't pick up on it often enough.

i assume you're talking about football players, in all my decades of watching rugby(on the box) i honestly can't think of a rugby player ever getting spoken to by a referee for diving/acting...until Hogg

--------
06-10-2015, 11:55 PM

Indeed. :agree:

heretoday
07-10-2015, 08:03 AM
very embarrassing for him....and a lot of scotsmen as well

i assume you're talking about football players, in all my decades of watching rugby(on the box) i honestly can't think of a rugby player ever getting spoken to by a referee for diving/acting...until Hogg

Yeah of course I was.

Pretty Boy
07-10-2015, 01:35 PM
What always strikes me about rugby referees and players is that it seems to be a mutual respect. The refs talk to the players like adults and the players listen and behave like adults.

Football referees throughout the levels tend to talk down to players and adopt the mantle of 1940s school teacher. Rugby referees often seem willing to engage with a player and explain a decision to them, listen to them then state why they are right. Maybe if football referees afforded players a bit more respect they would get a bit more back.

lyonhibs
07-10-2015, 06:12 PM
That SA v USA game was a bit of a bumming. The front 5 of SA are to be avoided at all costs. Bit late for Scotland mind.

Mon Namibia in the next game.

lyonhibs
07-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Samuel Eto'o as scrum half for Namibia

JimBHibees
09-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Was wondering if the England Uruguay game tomorrow night has been switched to ITV4 yet. :greengrin

Hopefully Scotland win tomorrow and Wales manage to scrape past Australia.

Can see Scotland making it difficult for themselves however Samoa are not a team to take lightly as they are talented and hugely physical. Scotland by 10-15
Australia by same I think.

JimBHibees
09-10-2015, 10:12 AM
What always strikes me about rugby referees and players is that it seems to be a mutual respect. The refs talk to the players like adults and the players listen and behave like adults.

Football referees throughout the levels tend to talk down to players and adopt the mantle of 1940s school teacher. Rugby referees often seem willing to engage with a player and explain a decision to them, listen to them then state why they are right. Maybe if football referees afforded players a bit more respect they would get a bit more back.

Obviously it is a cultural thing from school days however there is also the punishment of losing ground if players show dissent to a ref in rugby. If the same happened in football it may change things.

HibsMax
09-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Obviously it is a cultural thing from school days however there is also the punishment of losing ground if players show dissent to a ref in rugby. If the same happened in football it may change things.
:aok:

Act like a petulant child, get treated like a petulant child. Let's see how much of a hero your team mates and adoring fans think you are after your mouthing off moves a dead ball from a low percentage long range shot to a high percentage opportunity.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2015, 04:55 PM

It waa dedinitely trialled in football a few years back, a 10 yard penalty for dissent.

It was pretty ill thought out though as the team awarded the 10 yards couldn't decline it. I remember an absolutely ridiculous scenario at Old Trafford when Man utd were awarded a free kick about 30 yards from goal, they were awarded an extra 10 yards, Beckham didn't want it as he wanted the extra space to get the ball up and down and there was about a 10 minute stand off whilst everyone argued amongst themselvws before the free kick was taken right on the edge of the box.

Golden Bear
09-10-2015, 05:04 PM
It waa dedinitely trialled in football a few years back, a 10 yard penalty for dissent.

It was pretty ill thought out though as the team awarded the 10 yards couldn't decline it. I remember an absolutely ridiculous scenario at Old Trafford when Man utd were awarded a free kick about 30 yards from goal, they were awarded an extra 10 yards, Beckham didn't want it as he wanted the extra space to get the ball up and down and there was about a 10 minute stand off whilst everyone argued amongst themselvws before the free kick was taken right on the edge of the box.

I must have been absent from life when this was implemented! It's news to me, I presume it was introduced for a trial period then discarded?

Pretty Boy
09-10-2015, 05:17 PM
I must have been absent from life when this was implemented! It's news to me, I presume it was introduced for a trial period then discarded?

A quick google suggests it was trialled in England and the CIS Cup in Scotland (which I can't recall) in 2000/2001 before being dropped completely by Fifa in 2005.

Golden Bear
09-10-2015, 05:35 PM
A quick google suggests it was trialled in England and the CIS Cup in Scotland (which I can't recall) in 2000/2001 before being dropped completely by Fifa in 2005.

I remember the "no offside" outside the penalty box trial and that was another which was quickly dropped.

LancashireHibby
09-10-2015, 06:53 PM
I remember having it down here for a year or two. Only had any real effect if you had a free kick 35 yards out that went to 25 yards out. Right idea in principle though and very little else has been tried since.

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 10:33 AM
It's the first real day of destiny for Scotland's World Cup campaign with this afternoons important fixture v Samoa. I'm really looking forward to this one, 2:30 kick off at St James' Park. I'm fairly confident that we can make the quarter finals and Finn Russell's recovery from injury is an added bonus.

Let's hope the pitch didn't take too much of a mauling from last night's All Blacks game against Tonga!

Wales v Australia later this afternoon should also be a cracker with the winner of that one likely to play Scotland in the quarter finals.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Scotland to beat Samoa

Wallabies to beat Wales

Wigan to beat Leeds rhinos in the rugby league final

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 10:48 AM

Think I remember that also however I think the general principle is a good one. In saying that rugby players are trying it on more than ever now which you can pick up on the ref mics where they are constantly trying to pressure the refs.

JimBHibees
10-10-2015, 10:51 AM
It's the first real day of destiny for Scotland's World Cup campaign with this afternoons important fixture v Samoa. I'm really looking forward to this one, 2:30 kick off at St James' Park. I'm fairly confident that we can make the quarter finals and Finn Russell's recovery from injury is an added bonus.

Let's hope the pitch didn't take too much of a mauling from last night's All Blacks game against Tonga!

Wales v Australia later this afternoon should also be a cracker with the winner of that one likely to play Scotland in the quarter finals.

Really surprised at the scheduling with 2 games within a day. Could quite easily have been tipping down last night and ruined the pitch. As it was the pitch got dug up quite badly.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Scotland - 7 doubled with Australia - 7 as a wee bet for me today.

LancashireHibby
10-10-2015, 12:53 PM
Scotland to beat Samoa

Wallabies to beat Wales

Stuck a quid on Leeds to win 11-15, a quid on Jamie Peacock MOM and a quid on Kallum Watkins first try scorer. Not that I'm anti-Wigan in the slightest, you understand!

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Stuck a quid on Leeds to win 11-15, a quid on Jamie Peacock MOM and a quid on Kallum Watkins first try scorer. Not that I'm anti-Wigan in the slightest, you understand!

i've put my money where my mouth is and done a £30 treble with the teams above, enjoy watching the rugby league as well( particularly Leeds) and they really did just scrape over the line for the league leaders cup thingy, they've been very poor since the grand final win and(along with most others i imagine)was astonished when they got battered by the catalan dragons, and of course that last min try against castleford in the last game should at least give them a little lift but i've backed the form team...Wigan :( as for peacock great player but imo he's cost leeds in the last few games, hopefully sinfield and peacock can bow out with a winners medal even though it will scupper my bet :)

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Back to the real rugby - 'Mon the Scots!

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 01:29 PM
if only the footy fans could sing the national anthem in tune like the rugby yins do :)

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 01:48 PM
scotland players seriously need to waken up here, two tries straight from their own kick offs ffs

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 01:49 PM
We're not at the races so far. Come on Ffs.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 01:56 PM
****** unbelievable every damn time they've got forward they've scored a try..our defence is embarrassing

lucky
10-10-2015, 01:57 PM
It's like watching our football team. A nation of sporting failures

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Dinnae fret guys. We're supposedly a second half team.

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Regardless - this is fantastic entertainment.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 02:15 PM
and again...every time they go forward...try, reprieve for now

lucky
10-10-2015, 02:16 PM
It is some game. End to end. The TMO is excellent and really helps the ref. Time football looked at something similar

lucky
10-10-2015, 02:19 PM
The advantage rule is another football could learn from

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 02:20 PM
cotter must be despairing at our defence

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Cacking my drawers but what a brilliant game of rugby. Only 3 points down at half time after all that.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Denton has had a mair every game so far...and still gets a game, cotter obviously doesn't see the things i see

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 03:00 PM
this referee has been incredibly lenient with the samoa penalty count, i've never saw a team get away with so many

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 03:22 PM
yi have to laugh at our defence seriously

--------
10-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I dunno what happened, but the score's just jumped to 36-26 Scotland. :thumbsup:

No, cancel that - 36-31 with a conversion to come and about 3 minutes to go.

lucky
10-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Mental game but we got there

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 03:25 PM
a clobbering coming up for us in the QF then eh :greengrin

--------
10-10-2015, 03:25 PM
36-33. Dear God!

stoneyburn hibs
10-10-2015, 03:26 PM
And breathe, that was nerve wracking.

Golden Bear
Ffnominal!! What a game of rugby that was. Well played Scotland but I'll be sending in a bill to cover my laundry!

--------
36-33 Scotland FT.

I'm going for a wee lie down.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Scotland to beat Samoa

Wallabies to beat Wales

one down, two to go

http://www.emofaces.com/png/200/emoticons/fingerscrossed.png

Alex Trager
10-10-2015, 03:35 PM
I don't understand a great deal of that.

But that was excellent.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 03:37 PM
10 minutes to catch some breath(and cups of tea) before Australia v wales kicks off

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 03:38 PM
I don't understand a great deal of that.

But that was excellent.

That's a downside of rugby ----------------- nobody really understands the rules!

Fantastic entertainment nevertheless.

stoneyburn hibs
10-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Hopefully the Welsh can win against the Aussies, we'd have a better chance against the Welsh. Can't see the Australians losing this though.

Hannah_hfc
Well that was intense!

Nice one Scotland!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
10 minutes to catch some breath(and cups of tea) before Australia v wales kicks off

Then we can joy a totally meaningless fixture involving Engerland. Shame really.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Then we can joy a totally meaningless fixture involving Engerland. Shame really.

no chance, i'l be catching up on plenty judge judy recordings when that game is on :)

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Great entertainment from Geordieland.

--------
10-10-2015, 04:11 PM
That's a downside of rugby ----------------- nobody really understands the rules!

Fantastic entertainment nevertheless.

Ah, you canta kid me - there ain't no rules in egg-chucking. :wink:

But when you get a tight close game like that one, both sides going at it, it certainly holds the attention.

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 05:09 PM
The yaki das are still well in this game although they're 12-6 down right now. Australia are far from invincible that's for sure.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Aussies are fair mouthy towards the ref here.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:16 PM
How good is the Australian defence here? Absolutely heroic stuff.

Pretty Boy
10-10-2015, 05:25 PM
That was utterly brilliant from Australia. I'm no rugby fan but I can appreciate how brave that was

Golden Bear
10-10-2015, 05:31 PM
The excitement factor in these two rugby games has far surpassed anything I've seen in the entire football season so far.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2015, 05:32 PM
The intensity of this match is usually reserved for Tri Nations matches (before The Argies got involved).

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Leeds looking good for the treble 16-6 @ HT bet up in the air now me thinks(sigh) :boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Mmmmmm two quick-fire converted Wigan tries :hmmm: 18-16 Wigan after 50 mins

iwasthere1972
10-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Did I hear right? ITN News. 'Scotland embarrass England by going through to the quarter finals'. What's that all about. England embarrassed themselves.

hibsbollah
10-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Did I hear right? ITN News. 'Scotland embarrass England by going through to the quarter finals'. What's that all about. England embarrassed themselves.

First rule of British journalism, whether its sport, international diplomacy or war; The story always has to be about England, even when it isn't.

LancashireHibby
10-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Mmmmmm two quick-fire converted Wigan tries :hmmm: 18-16 Wigan after 50 mins

Cracking game, really enjoyed it. Leeds looked knackered at 16-18 but I was disappointed in their half backs and O'Loughlin that they didn't turn the screw as much as you'd expect to try and get repeat sets and grind them down. Leeds were +2; never see a poor bookie.

HH81
10-10-2015, 08:48 PM
So glad Wigan did not win.

Great game though and best team won.

In terms of Rugby league I have had worst season ever with the death of Danny, however, the grand final was a fitting end to the season.

twiceinathens
11-10-2015, 07:03 AM
Just seen a psychologist explaining that England were eliminated because of the pressure of expectation on the team.

Inerviewer: "Couldn't it just be they just weren't good enough"

Psychologist looks at interviewer as if he is insane and grudgingly admits "Well yes that is a possibility"

patch1875
12-10-2015, 08:53 AM
Was at the game on Saturday fantastic experience!

Still suffering from the drink though :-(

snooky
14-10-2015, 12:36 AM
England prepare for quarterfinals....

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/10/05/england-prepare-quarter-finals/

JimBHibees
14-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Scotland dealt a blow with Ross Ford and Jonny Gray out of the World cup with a 3 week ban for a tackle in Saturday's game.

They were cited by the independent :rolleyes: Australian citing commissioner. In saying that the citing is then heard by a QC in London however there is no way on this earth that someone whose country can directly benefit should be in that position at all. Farcical organisation at that level.

Here is a link which has a video clip of the tackle. Looked pretty innocuous on first viewing however no doubt the guy was dumped in a dangerous way. Think Gray bang to rights for lifting the leg think Ford very harshly treated.

http://www.scottishrugbyblog.co.uk/2015/10/ford-and-gray-cited/#comments

Seems very harsh in comparison with some of the tackles the SA one v Scotland where only a penalty was given when a clear yellow IMO. Argentinian with similar tackle one week. Irishmen punches - one week. Australian knee in back - warning. Habana dangerous tackle v USA warning.

Have always wondered when watching rugby where is there no Scottish refs at the top level. There seems to be loads of Irish ones most of which arent very good.

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2015, 10:06 AM
it was quite odd that the TMO didn't appear to take any immediate action on that o'brien punch, i think that would have been a definite red card if the TMO had brought it to the attention of the referee...like they have done in other games, and then he ends up with a week ban lol, maybe the scots boys got 3 week bans to ensure they won't be available for the final :)*

* only jokin, Australia will win by at least +20 points

JimBHibees
14-10-2015, 01:23 PM
it was quite odd that the TMO didn't appear to take any immediate action on that o'brien punch, i think that would have been a definite red card if the TMO had brought it to the attention of the referee...like they have done in other games, and then he ends up with a week ban lol, maybe the scots boys got 3 week bans to ensure they won't be available for the final :)*

* only jokin, Australia will win by at least +20 points

Wouldnt disagree with that think who it is and what country they play for tends to come into it in terms of if the TMO gets involved.

Golden Bear
14-10-2015, 03:08 PM
I never realised that FIFA are now involved in the Rugby World Cup disciplinary panel.

The decision to ban Gray and Ford for 3 weeks is an absolute scandal and highlights the inconsistencies in the disciplinary process. Let's hammer the small nation
seems to be the message and it's even more galling when an Australian and an Englishman are the hatchet men.

:furious:

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Wouldnt disagree with that think who it is and what country they play for tends to come into it in terms of if the TMO gets involved.

a couple of former players saying it's a joke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34529687

Ex-Wales international Jonathan Davies has described the tournament's disciplinary hearings as a "disgrace".

Australia flanker Michael Hooper was banned for seven days following an aggressive clearout of England's Mike Brown - an offence that normally carries a minimum two-week ban.

Former Scotland prop Peter Wright has also asked for greater consistency from the independent citing commission, while ex-Scotland wing Kenny Logan described Ford and Gray's punishments as a "joke" (http://www.kicca.com/KennyLogan)

Golden Bear
15-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Good on the SRU, they've decided to appeal against the ludicrous ban.

http://thescotlandteam.com/2015/10/15/scottish-rugby-to-appeal-ford-and-gray-suspension/

sambajustice
16-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Good on the SRU, they've decided to appeal against the ludicrous ban.

http://thescotlandteam.com/2015/10/15/scottish-rugby-to-appeal-ford-and-gray-suspension/

Am I right in saying though it's just the length of the ban, not the fact there is a ban so regardless of the outcome of the appeal they'll still be out for the QF.

Golden Bear
16-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Am I right in saying though it's just the length of the ban, not the fact there is a ban so regardless of the outcome of the appeal they'll still be out for the QF.

:agree:

Correct, although reading behind the lines there is still a slim hope that the ban will be rescinded.

cabbageandribs1875
16-10-2015, 02:50 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34554252

Key Australian duo David Pocock and Israel Folau have failed to overcome injuries in time to face Scotland in Sunday's World Cup quarter-final.

good for us pocock being out :agree: but i'm still predicting a 20+ points win for the Wallabies :(

JimBHibees
16-10-2015, 09:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34554252

Key Australian duo David Pocock and Israel Folau have failed to overcome injuries in time to face Scotland in Sunday's World Cup quarter-final.

good for us pocock being out :agree: but i'm still predicting a 20+ points win for the Wallabies :(

I think it will be closer and Aussie two injuries IMO gives us a chance.. Need to see guys like Bennett, Russell and Hoggy at their best

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 01:22 PM
I think it will be closer and Aussie two injuries IMO gives us a chance.. Need to see guys like Bennett, Russell and Hoggy at their best

all four southern hemisphere teams to advance me thinks

South Africa v Wales
New Zealand v France
Ireland v Argentina
Australia v Scotland

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 01:26 PM

South Africa v Wales
New Zealand v France
Ireland v Argentina
Australia v Scotland

I fancy the Irish to beat Argentina well. Think a fully fit Wales would run SA close also but as it is I think it will be 3 Southern teams and Ireland.

Moulin Yarns
17-10-2015, 01:39 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Gray and Ford cleared to play against the Aussies :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 01:44 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Can Scotland change the side now that it has been named publicly?

I'm a bit clueless about rugby rules and always thought it strange teams were announced so early.

Golden Bear
17-10-2015, 02:41 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Now that really is good news!

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 02:53 PM
BREAKING NEWS

"We find it hugely disappointing they were put in this position by a judicial process, which is inconsistent and unfair. Justice delayed is justice denied.

Australian citing commissioner Scott Nowland charged Edinburgh's Ford of breaching rules on dangerous tackles.

bet he's feeling rather sheepish now eh

all we have to do now is get the bagpipes un-banned

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Only seen the last few minutes, for obvious reasons, but yet again the Welsh are showing great team spirit to stay ahead in a game were they look dead on their feet.

Golden Bear
17-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Only seen the last few minutes, for obvious reasons, but yet again the Welsh are showing great team spirit to stay ahead in a game were they look dead on their feet.

Poor game so far. The Springboks have let themselves down badly.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 04:40 PM
quite telling that South africa have took a pot at the sticks for every penalty they've had, they obviously don't fancy themselves at a line-out down near the welsh touchline, no surprise if they don't score a try here, their handling has been pretty poor as well

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Poor game so far. The Springboks have let themselves down badly.

Yep what I've seen hasn't been much of a spectacle but I've liked the way the Welsh have battled throughout the tournament.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Great try SA from the scrum.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 04:45 PM
huge sighs of relief down capetown way huh

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 04:47 PM
welsh can still do this, Rugby has broken out

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 04:49 PM
welsh can still do this, Rugby has broken out

Game, set and match now I think after that penalty.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 04:53 PM
nae luck the welsh, SF is as far as the South Africans will go

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 06:47 PM

South Africa v Wales
New Zealand v France
Ireland v Argentina
Australia v Scotland

I think France will beat the All Blacks. The All Blacks have not been great this World Cup. They haven't got out of 2nd gear. Failure to shift to a higher level of performance will see France dance round them to win. I wouldn't be surprised in France win tonight.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2015, 06:55 PM
I think France will beat the All Blacks. The All Blacks have not been great this World Cup. They haven't got out of 2nd gear. Failure to shift to a higher level of performance will see France dance round them to win. I wouldn't be surprised in France win tonight.

Funny I think the All Blacks will win well tonight, I think they'll step it up a bit and do the business.

Know what annoys me about the All Blacks though? The Haka. I know it's a big spectacle but it's a bit ridiculous it's written into the rules the opposing team have to stand and watch it. They respect the anthem, if I was opposing a NZ team I'd just want to go to the other end of the park and a do a few stretches or something and ignore it.

That's not meant as any disrespect to the Maori heritage btw.

Golden Bear
17-10-2015, 07:19 PM
I'll make a prediction here albeit not a bold one. Nobody, but nobody is going to challenge the All Blacks.

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Funny I think the All Blacks will win well tonight, I think they'll step it up a bit and do the business.

Know what annoys me about the All Blacks though? The Haka. I know it's a big spectacle but it's a bit ridiculous it's written into the rules the opposing team have to stand and watch it. They respect the anthem, if I was opposing a NZ team I'd just want to go to the other end of the park and a do a few stretches or something and ignore it.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! Can you imagine if The Rangers had to watch the Celtic huddle!!

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Have to say, Nigel Owens is my least favourite ref. Hate it when he refs Scotland.

Easy for the All Blacks.

Golden Bear
17-10-2015, 07:46 PM
The All Blacks have the lot :- Togetherness, Power, Pace and Discipline - they're the eventual winners imo.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 07:48 PM

i disagree :greengrin lots more points coming the all blacks way in the 2nd half as well me thinks

theonlywayisup
17-10-2015, 08:25 PM
i disagree :greengrin lots more points coming the all blacks way in the 2nd half as well me thinks

Top tipster me! Tomorrow, I think Australia will beat Scotland. :greengrin

Golden Bear
17-10-2015, 08:46 PM
The daughter of one of my mates is friendly with Ben Smith the All Blacks full back and he's hoping for a ticket for the Final. They'll not be far away based on tonight's performance.

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2015, 08:47 PM
all blacks were pretty poor

for the last 5 mins

Biggie
17-10-2015, 09:37 PM
Amazing power, pace, discipline.....the AB's are kicking into gear at the right time.
As for the Haka.......its tradition, there's more respect in rugby than football.....different animals altogether.
These guys smash into each other and get up shake hands and show great composure to discuss after crushing defeats....aka Sam warburton / Richie McCaw
It's a different game/culture altogether.

Golden Bear
17-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Amazinyg power, pace, discipline.....the AB's are kicking into gear at the right tyime.
As for the Haka.......its tradition, there's more respect in rugby than football.....different animals altogether.
These guys smash into each other apnd get up shake hands and show great composure to discuss after crushing defeats....aka Sam warburton / Richie McCaw
It's a different game/culture altogether.

Couldn't agree more. In many ways football could learn a lot from rugby union.

McD
17-10-2015, 10:12 PM
All Blacks just phenomenal

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Argies tearing Ireland apart at the minute.

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Ireland are hardly in this, they take the 3 points but still 2 converted tries behind.

--------
18-10-2015, 12:31 PM

Isn't the haka the way NZ rugby acknowledges the fact that NZ isn't just a white post-colonial nation but a Maori one too? In a sense it's the Maori national 'anthem'?

I have the DVD 'Murderball' about wheelchair rugby which is wheelchair basketball without the rules, basically - guys who are already paraplegic or worse doing their level best to go break their necks again for fun. It focusses on the USA and Canada but at one point towards the end the All Blacks appear. Doing the haka in wheelchairs? You have to see it.

However, I suppose you could always wait till the next time they're at Murrayfield and tell them how you feel ...

I'm sure they'd be nice about it. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2015, 12:35 PM
a really good try for Ireland. 10 points behind now.

--------
18-10-2015, 12:36 PM
What's going on at the Millennium? :confused:

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2015, 12:37 PM
What's going on at the Millennium? :confused:

20 - 10 to Argentina

--------
18-10-2015, 12:51 PM
20 - 10 to Argentina

I know - I'm just a bit surprised, is all. Hope they can keep it going. Cups need giant-killers.

Moulin Yarns
18-10-2015, 01:12 PM
THAT IS MORE LIKE IT.

20 - 17 now. Game on

Sorry for the caps. :greengrin

Golden Bear
18-10-2015, 01:13 PM
The Argy indiscipline could yet cost them this game. They're conceding far too many petty penalties.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 01:21 PM
only one man that's going to be argentinas downfall...herrera, he's been a total bombscare

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 01:23 PM
That was a let off for the Argentinians there. Thought he was off.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Game over. Brilliant finish from the Argentinians there.

Loving the Argentina fans. They look and sound like, dare I say it, football fans. Think the commentator said similar earlier actually.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 01:47 PM
herrera handling error...for the 8th time

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 01:48 PM
ouchy...Argentina 40 v Herarra 20

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 01:50 PM
This Argentina team look not too bad at all.

Don't think either Scotland or Australia will be relishing the prospect of playing them.

Biggie
18-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Looking like a championship quartet in the semis........All blacks vs Australia final for me.......thought Ireland might have caused the Aussies a problem in the semi.......not to be.
Go the all blacks.....although not taking anything for granted as SA will be formidable opponents.

--------
18-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Should have seen that coming. Playing regularly in the Championship must be having an positive effect on Argentina. Sounded as if the score didn't flatter them one little bit.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:12 PM
powder puff girly tackle from seymour, better with jane seymour

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Bloody Seymour wants shooting for that 'tackle'.

Golden Bear
18-10-2015, 03:13 PM
This isnae fair - they're no letting us have the ba'! Boo hoo!!

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Good wee spell there. Should be 3 points on the board.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:16 PM
good penalty, 5-3 Oz

great catch from seymour :)

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:19 PM
get in :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Bloody hell, that was brilliant.

Onceinawhile
18-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Touchdown Scotland. Woop

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:20 PM
the australians looked a tad silly there :)

surely FT soon

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:23 PM
well tie me kangaroo down sport...13-5 sconnie botland :greengrin

Hannah_hfc
Im feeling an ever so slight hint of optimism which I'm not used to feeling watching Scotland in any sport ;)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

bringbackbenny
Scotland are on fire, Aussies rattled! Long way to go through

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Gruelling stuff there. Try Aussies.

Onceinawhile
18-10-2015, 03:34 PM
See this respectful silence when it's a penalty or conversion attempt? Wtf is that all about?

Golden Bear
18-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Agh - as soon as they get inside our 22 they look as though they'll score. We're still there though.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:36 PM
16-10 scotland

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Scotland are doing us proud here.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Sake, how many tries have we conceded from that position?

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Foley is haveing a mare with the boot.

1 point up at HT.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 03:44 PM
thankfully they are having probs with kicks at goal...it won't last forever though

Onceinawhile
18-10-2015, 03:45 PM
1 up at half time.

Most people would have taken that before hand I'd imagine. Shame they couldn't hold on without conceding the last try.

Golden Bear
18-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Half time. Another enthralling game, this World Cup has been brilliant.

hfc rd
18-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Youse are doing excellent thus far. Far better than what we did against the wallabies! Keep it up Scotland and who knows what could happen?

Pete
18-10-2015, 03:58 PM
I have this horrible feeling that we're just annoying them. Hope we keep it up and I'm proved wrong.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Come on, piss poor decision there.

cabbageandribs1875
18-10-2015, 04:03 PM
and THAT is game over

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 04:03 PM
And immediately punished. Think we could find ourselves well behind in the coming 10 minutes.

HH81
18-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Turned it on at half time turned off at 42 minutes.

Waste of time. A yellow card for someone trying to gain an advantage and win the ball is not only harsh but its nonesence.

Too many rubbish rules. Poor game. Anyone watching this thinks Union is better than League is in a dream world. Yellow card for that hahahaha. Shocker.

Golden Bear
18-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Never say die - come on get intae them.

Onceinawhile
18-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Back to within 3 points. Keep it tight til we get back to 15 and there's a chance here.

Pretty Boy
Great penalty, back to within 3 and only 4 minutes left of the bin. Keep it tight now.

cabbageandribs1875
i measured 1mm between the ball and the post there :)

Onceinawhile
18-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Try coming up

Golden Bear
18-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Turned it on at half time turned off at 42 minutes.

Waste of time. A yellow card for someone trying to gain an advantage and win the ball is not only harsh but its nonesence.

Too many rubbish rules. Poor game. Anyone watching this thinks Union is better than League is in a dream world. Yellow card for that hahahaha. Shocker.

Yeah, yeah , you've told us before many times .

Onceinawhile
Yup. As expected.

Pretty Boy
Keep it tight! And Russell doesn't call the mark and puts us under all kinds of pressure. Mental. And we lose a try from that.

Shocking decision making.

Pretty Boy
18-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Knock on surely. No try.

Onceinawhile
Oooof got away with it. Ball knocked forward by half an inch.

cabbageandribs1875
big sigh of relief from russell there...poor decision making