PDA

View Full Version : How much do you really care about Hibs?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-09-2015, 11:04 AM
I know things haven’t been great lately, and I know people are still peed off about lots of things – losing big games, relegation, the person largely responsible for that relegation hanging around like an unwanted guest.
But there has to come a time when we – the collective Hibs support – move on and start righting some of those wrongs.

On the pitch, I would argue we are largely doing what we can, short of a major external injection of cash that is unlikely. Our chief exec and Board are doing their bit.

Off the field, we the fans need to shake ourselves out of the collective apathy into which we have descended.

HSL http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html is the best way to do that. You can now sign-up for just £5 a month –that’s not even two pints of beer. If you are not prepared to pay that to ensure the supporter ownership of our club for ever more, then I really think you have to have long hard look at what you want from your club, and how you expect the club to deliver it without putting your shoulder to the wheel and helping to make it happen.

Sick of Petrie? Well Petrie is a symptom of the way we are owned at the moment. He is a trusted lackey installed and maintained at the whim of our single rich owner, but if we don’t have or need a single rich owner, we would not have to put up with that again.

We need all Hibs fans to rediscover our collective backbone. Times have been hard lately? Well you know what, it’s not for the first time and it won’t be for the last time. But Hibs have always been a club that has fought hard, to survive against the hostile establishment, to recover from closure in the early years, pretty much the entire 1980s, and of course Mercer.

We, collectively, have maintained the club, and all it stands for, throughout all of that and more. Yes, we would like the pay-offs (cup wins etc) to come around more often, but having our club is more important.
The same club that our great grandfathers, grandfathers, fathers all managed to stick with throughout adversity. If we want to have a strong club for our sons, grandsons etc to support, then we have to make the best of the situation that we find ourselves in.

What better legacy to come out of these difficult years than for the club to be largely, even majority owned by us fans?

The reality is, if you are staying away, for whatever reason (no matter how understandable, justifiable etc) then you are part of the problem. The loss of support means we are a club in decline, and we are the only ones who can reverse that decline.

But at least the HSL scheme allows all fans to collectively own, and financially contribute, regardless of the on-field situation, boycotts, owners etc. It’s the responsibility that we all must share to ensure we halt the decline, and reverse the decline.

If Hibs aren’t worth £5 a month to our own fans, then we deserve to disappear.

I know their circumstances are different, but Hearts fans have put their money where their mouths are. We can belittle it, try and explain it away, but the basics are they are doing their bit for their club.

Ask yourself, truthfully, whether you can honestly say the same?

Bad Martini
22-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Ohhh maan. And it's only Tuesday lunchtime.

In your best Carlito Brigante voice, just before he banjos the pricks who shot his nephew at the start....Here come da pain :greengrin

IanM
22-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I pay into HSL, however, i can't remember once walking into the stadium when HSL have been there handing out flyers etc. not everyone reads hibs.net or emails.

A simple handout going into the ground telling fans they can donate as little as £5 would generate income. I know HSL work tirelessly but it's just an observation. been handed more by the holyrood boxing guy!

CallumLaidlaw
22-09-2015, 11:21 AM
I pay into HSL, however, i can't remember once walking into the stadium when HSL have been there handing out flyers etc. not everyone reads hibs.net or emails.

A simple handout going into the ground telling fans they can donate as little as £5 would generate income. I know HSL work tirelessly but it's just an observation. been handed more by the holyrood boxing guy!

:agree: I didn't know about the £5 option. Me and my dad recently bought shares directly but I would be willing to look at the £5 option too.

How long do you pay that until you are officially a member?

IanM
22-09-2015, 12:16 PM
:agree: I didn't know about the £5 option. Me and my dad recently bought shares directly but I would be willing to look at the £5 option too.

How long do you pay that until you are officially a member?

It changed from yesterday. I received an email from HSL saying that initially they had decided we'd pay until the limit is met (i think £225? which is 12 months of £18.75).

On reflection they've had confirmation from a lot of members that they'd like to continue to pay more than the limit and not to stop the direct debit mandate. So they're writing out to each HSL member that joined before yesterday to check what option they'd like.

But from today, anyone joining will join indefinitely and of course can stop once the £225 is met or continue to donate.

they'd obviously like fans to donate as much as they can and I’ll decide closer to the time if I’ll continue. likelihood is i will.

Roxyhibee
22-09-2015, 12:56 PM
Have never stopped going since the mid 60's. Bought my usual season ticket this year without even thinking and will always get one. Support every home game and never boo the players, even though i've groaned a lot and in recent years and felt like I could throttle some of them.! Like what I'm seeing now though and I see brighter times ahead for the first time in years...

Got my HSL £225 share and paid a small monthly payment into Erin for the past 15 years, which will now divert to HSL.

Paid £400+ for one if the big commemorative plaques to bring money into the club a couple of years back and always do at least one corporate day per season. Rip off, but I enjoy it and enjoy knowing it's going to Hibernian.

Wish my fellow Hibs fans would show a lot more support (because we have a huge dormant amount if stay-aways) but they have suffered for a long time now and be in no doubt, this is Hibs' worst ever period in their history...

The Hertz situation was and remains for now, completely different to ours. They were in serious danger of going completely under and I know where their support is coming from at the moment. And they get to keep their 3 cheated cups and derby results record.. A complete injustice, but there you go. We have very little in the memory bank to keep us happy that way.

I have an active social life with loads of different hobbies, pals, etc but nothing would stop me getting ready to go to Easter Road to cheer the Hibees on, no matter how bad we play. So tomorrow night, I'll get the scarf on, get excited about travelling down to the hallowed ground and I'll still get that rush when those white sleeves run out the tunnel- and I'll think we beat the sheep in the cup.

And, I think we can...

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
22-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Have never stopped going since the mid 60's. Bought my usual season ticket this year without even thinking and will always get one. Support every home game and never boo the players, even though i've groaned a lot and in recent years and felt like I could throttle some of them.! Like what I'm seeing now though and I see brighter times ahead for the first time in years...

Got my HSL £225 share and paid a small monthly payment into Erin for the past 15 years, which will now divert to HSL.

Paid £400+ for one if the big commemorative plaques to bring money into the club a couple of years back and always do at least one corporate day per season. Rip off, but I enjoy it and enjoy knowing it's going to Hibernian.

Wish my fellow Hibs fans would show a lot more support (because we have a huge dormant amount if stay-aways) but they have suffered for a long time now and be in no doubt, this is Hibs' worst ever period in their history...

The Hertz situation was and remains for now, completely different to ours. They were in serious danger of going completely under and I know where their support is coming from at the moment. And they get to keep their 3 cheated cups and derby results record.. A complete injustice, but there you go. We have very little in the memory bank to keep us happy that way.

I have an active social life with loads of different hobbies, pals, etc but nothing would stop me getting ready to go to Easter Road to cheer the Hibees on, no matter how bad we play. So tomorrow night, I'll get the scarf on, get excited about travelling down to the hallowed ground and I'll still get that rush when those white sleeves run out the tunnel- and I'll think we beat the sheep in the cup.

And, I think we can...

GGTTH

Great post :aok:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-09-2015, 01:23 PM

And, I think we can...

GGTTH

Great post.

That's the only bit i disagree with you on. Yeah, we don't face any immediate 'doomsday' scenario like that lot, but what we are facing (and living through) is just a different, route to the same end result in my opinion.

Longer, slower, but i fear more permanent that the situation they were facing. Their support has been galvanised, and our support is being filleted. Its like the old boiling the frog maxim.

We all praise those clubs that come upon hard times, and their fans are loyal as. Man City are a good example, Newcastle, Sunderland. I'm sure there are many other examples.

We as a support are NOT doing that. Too many of us have run up the white flag.

Roxyhibee
22-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Great post.

That's the only bit i disagree with you on. Yeah, we don't face any immediate 'doomsday' scenario like that lot, but what we are facing (and living through) is just a different, route to the same end result in my opinion.

Longer, slower, but i fear more permanent that the situation they were facing. Their support has been galvanised, and our support is being filleted. Its like the old boiling the frog maxim.

We all praise those clubs that come upon hard times, and their fans are loyal as. Man City are a good example, Newcastle, Sunderland. I'm sure there are many other examples.

Yes, I do agree with what you're saying. All good points.

We need to stop our fans hiding and get their green scarves on again..

Since90+2
22-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Great post.

Cant really agree with that tbh.

You keep comparing us to Hearts , geniune question if the results on the pitch from last season were swapped how do you think both clubs would be sitting attendance wise? IMO we would be getting approx 12,000 home fans (similar to what Hearts are getting) and they would be getting similar figures to us in the Championship.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Cant really agree with that tbh.

You keep comparing us to Hearts , geniune question if the results on the pitch from last season were swapped how do you think both clubs would be sitting attendance wise? IMO we would be getting approx 12,000 home fans (similar to what Hearts are getting) and they would be getting similar figures to us in the Championship.

I don't know is the truth. But i don't think our attendances would be as good. Like it or not, Hearts fans have shown their mettle - their attendances were good the season they got relegated, and they knew they were being relegated for weeks/months.

You could conceivably say that we are in a title race, and we are definitely in a promotion race. Plus, despite popular myth, i doubt our attendances the seasons we won the first div were as good as Hearts' were last season.

But your kinda making my point... the fact is our results are what they are, and we are almost 50% lower in home crowds than you think we would be if we were doing well. That shows how many fans are NOT supporting the club in this low ebb.

Ozyhibby
22-09-2015, 02:08 PM
It's not the fans fault that the club have under performed so spectacularly.
I think the fans that are left are amazingly patient with the club. The fans that have stopped going feel let down by the club.
The only way to get them back is improve the product on the pitch. We are still not exciting to watch and 9 points off the pace in the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
22-09-2015, 02:08 PM
I don't know is the truth. But i don't think our attendances would be as good. Like it or not, Hearts fans have shown their mettle - their attendances were good the season they got relegated, and they knew they were being relegated for weeks/months.

You could conceivably say that we are in a title race, and we are definitely in a promotion race. Plus, despite popular myth, i doubt our attendances the seasons we won the first div were as good as Hearts' were last season.

But your kinda making my point... the fact is our results are what they are, and we are almost 50% lower in home crowds than you think we would be if we were doing well. That shows how many fans are NOT supporting the club in this low ebb.

If we had just romped the league finishing miles ahead of Hearts and Rangers we would have shifted around 10,000 season tickets in my opinion. On top of that we would have walk ups so our support would be comparable to what Hearts are getting. How many season tickets do you think we would have shifted in that scenario?

Similarly if Hearts finished 2nd , got knocked out in the play off semi , and then faced a second season in the Championship their crowds would be massively down.

My point being you seem to be giving the Hibs support a kicking and bigging up Hearts when in reality if results on the pitch were vice versa it would be much a muchness.

Your last point is not unique to Hibs. Every single club in the world will have more people wanting to watch them when they are playing well and winning.

Andy74
22-09-2015, 02:11 PM

Agree with this. Make it easy for people and hand out forms at the games to sign up.

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2015, 02:16 PM

And, I think we can...

GGTTH

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif ...... Respect sir.

MrSmith
22-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Personally, I don't think you can measure how much you care about Hibs. Although I believe in what HSL are doing and will support this in the near future in relation to my three boys, I do not believe for one minute you care more for Hibs by measuring the amount money put in.

Right now there is an obvious malaise/apathy setting in with fans but the fans are most definitely not to blame! Do I blame RP? No I don't! I believe there is a complex set of circumstances which are unique to each stay away fan: Children, Recession, finances, employment to name some ...

You can focus the blame on Petrie of you will but again there is more to it. Previously for me, it felt like the white flag is up in every part of the, lets say for arguments sake 'the company'. Whether this is down to RP's influence or not? I couldn't tell. I appreciate the work that is being done by both Allan and Leanne however, time will tell if its enough for those who have become disinterested and disheartened by our spectacular demise!

Do I and those non attenders care about the club? How much? Absolutely!

Ozyhibby
22-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Agree with this. Make it easy for people and hand out forms at the games to sign up.

Don't just hand out forms. Set up sign up desks on the concourses. Make it hard to avoid.

staunchhibby
22-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I have supported the hibs for many years.through the good days and bad days and will continue to do so.

Mikey09
22-09-2015, 03:11 PM
I know things haven’t been great lately, and I know people are still peed off about lots of things – losing big games, relegation, the person largely responsible for that relegation hanging around like an unwanted guest.
But there has to come a time when we – the collective Hibs support – move on and start righting some of those wrongs.

On the pitch, I would argue we are largely doing what we can, short of a major external injection of cash that is unlikely. Our chief exec and Board are doing their bit.

Off the field, we the fans need to shake ourselves out of the collective apathy into which we have descended.

HSL http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html is the best way to do that. You can now sign-up for just £5 a month –that’s not even two pints of beer. If you are not prepared to pay that to ensure the supporter ownership of our club for ever more, then I really think you have to have long hard look at what you want from your club, and how you expect the club to deliver it without putting your shoulder to the wheel and helping to make it happen.

Sick of Petrie? Well Petrie is a symptom of the way we are owned at the moment. He is a trusted lackey installed and maintained at the whim of our single rich owner, but if we don’t have or need a single rich owner, we would not have to put up with that again.

We need all Hibs fans to rediscover our collective backbone. Times have been hard lately? Well you know what, it’s not for the first time and it won’t be for the last time. But Hibs have always been a club that has fought hard, to survive against the hostile establishment, to recover from closure in the early years, pretty much the entire 1980s, and of course Mercer.

We, collectively, have maintained the club, and all it stands for, throughout all of that and more. Yes, we would like the pay-offs (cup wins etc) to come around more often, but having our club is more important.
The same club that our great grandfathers, grandfathers, fathers all managed to stick with throughout adversity. If we want to have a strong club for our sons, grandsons etc to support, then we have to make the best of the situation that we find ourselves in.

What better legacy to come out of these difficult years than for the club to be largely, even majority owned by us fans?

The reality is, if you are staying away, for whatever reason (no matter how understandable, justifiable etc) then you are part of the problem. The loss of support means we are a club in decline, and we are the only ones who can reverse that decline.

But at least the HSL scheme allows all fans to collectively own, and financially contribute, regardless of the on-field situation, boycotts, owners etc. It’s the responsibility that we all must share to ensure we halt the decline, and reverse the decline.

If Hibs aren’t worth £5 a month to our own fans, then we deserve to disappear.

I know their circumstances are different, but Hearts fans have put their money where their mouths are. We can belittle it, try and explain it away, but the basics are they are doing their bit for their club.

Ask yourself, truthfully, whether you can honestly say the same?

How the hell can you compare Hearts situation to ours?! They had NO OPTION but to do this or they would have went to the wall! And saying if Hibs aren't worth £5 a month we deserve to disappear.... We didn't **** over creditors to the tune of £28 odd million! Do they deserve to disappear?! Whatever money I have left over from my wage I use to pay at the gate to watch Hibs. Please don't try to guilt trip me into thinking I'm gonna let my club disappear.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-09-2015, 03:29 PM
It's not the fans fault that the club have under performed so spectacularly.
I think the fans that are left are amazingly patient with the club. The fans that have stopped going feel let down by the club.
The only way to get them back is improve the product on the pitch. We are still not exciting to watch and 9 points off the pace in the championship.

Youre right, and nowhere did i say it was. But there has to come a point when we, the fans, who claim to be the moral owners of the club, have to start being part of the solution.

I agree that the fans that are left have been very patient. But given that we have lost nigh on 50% of our fans, i think its fair to say that a huge chunk of our fans are evidently not loyal or patient in the slightest.

Im sure the Dundee fans who still go are very loyal. But its the ones that stopped going that have condemned them to be forever diminished as a club.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-09-2015, 03:32 PM
How the hell can you compare Hearts situation to ours?! They had NO OPTION but to do this or they would have went to the wall! And saying if Hibs aren't worth £5 a month we deserve to disappear.... We didn't **** over creditors to the tune of £28 odd million! Do they deserve to disappear?! Whatever money I have left over from my wage I use to pay at the gate to watch Hibs. Please don't try to guilt trip me into thinking I'm gonna let my club disappear.

Their shameful off-field antics aren't really relevant here, but the basic facts are almost double the amount of Hearts fans are attending games at the moment compared to Hibs. and around 7,000 more of them have bought into the idea that they can own their club.

i agree their need was more urgent at the time. But its a lot less urgent now, would you not agree? Because we are the club with the problems and question marks at the moment, and yet so many of our fans are demonstrably not helping to dig us out of the mess.

Since90+2
22-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Their shameful off-field antics aren't really relevant here, but the basic facts are almost double the amount of Hearts fans are attending games at the moment compared to Hibs. and around 7,000 more of them have bought into the idea that they can own their club.

i agree their need was more urgent at the time. But its a lot less urgent now, would you not agree? Because we are the club with the problems and question marks at the moment, and yet so many of our fans are demonstrably not helping to dig us out of the mess.

I'll ask again as I am geniunely interested to see what you think.

If we had just romped the league with Hearts and Rangers in it how many season tickets do you think we would have sold this year?

Likewise if Hearts were facing another year in the Championship how many do you think they would be getting through the door?

Waxy
22-09-2015, 04:03 PM
I only goto a handful of matches now. Used to goto alot more but i still love Hibs.Hibs have given me some great memories (although my best ones are from the eighties standing under the east).Im happy to pay into HSL. It's a great way for me to give something to the club i otherwise wouldnt be able to.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
22-09-2015, 04:25 PM
I'll ask again as I am geniunely interested to see what you think.

If we had just romped the league with Hearts and Rangers in it how many season tickets do you think we would have sold this year?

Likewise if Hearts were facing another year in the Championship how many do you think they would be getting through the door?

I reckon we would have shifted about 8-9,000 - i don't think we've ever been more than 10,000, although i stand to be corrected on that. How many did we sell on the back of romping the first division previously?

I dont know, but given their fans stuck with them in such big numbers the season they were getting relegated, probably a fair few, and almost certainly a good bit more than we have managed.

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Personally, I don't think you can measure how much you care about Hibs. Although I believe in what HSL are doing and will support this in the near future in relation to my three boys, I do not believe for one minute you care more for Hibs by measuring the amount money put in.

Right now there is an obvious malaise/apathy setting in with fans but the fans are most definitely not to blame! Do I blame RP? No I don't! I believe there is a complex set of circumstances which are unique to each stay away fan: Children, Recession, finances, employment to name some ...

You can focus the blame on Petrie of you will but again there is more to it. Previously for me, it felt like the white flag is up in every part of the, lets say for arguments sake 'the company'. Whether this is down to RP's influence or not? I couldn't tell. I appreciate the work that is being done by both Allan and Leanne however, time will tell if its enough for those who have become disinterested and disheartened by our spectacular demise!

Do I and those non attenders care about the club? How much? Absolutely!

As with any thread of this type I don't think anybody is suggesting folk ignore these things to follow Hibs or any football club. But if you simply choose not to go because you have 'had enough' then perhaps you can still claim to care about the club, but you simply cant claim to care as much as folk who still go to watch it, that flies in the face of simple logic.

bookert
22-09-2015, 07:02 PM
http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=3e03f42fb1&e=c4793dc794

Got in this today interesting HSL are looking for double the number they currently have, surely thats not beyond us.

Eyrie
22-09-2015, 07:58 PM
As with any thread of this type I don't think anybody is suggesting folk ignore these things to follow Hibs or any football club.
The OP did ...

The reality is, if you are staying away, for whatever reason (no matter how understandable, justifiable etc) then you are part of the problem.

Real life gets in the way of turning up every second Saturday for many of us.

That however doesn't invalidate the purpose of the OP which I assume is to highlight the new £5 per month option for HSL. It'll take a bit longer to become a full member, but it will happen for those who are able and willing.

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 08:50 PM
http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6dd0f65fc0d014db190f17685&id=3e03f42fb1&e=c4793dc794

Got in this today interesting HSL are looking for double the number they currently have, surely thats not beyond us.

We appear to have been stuck around the 1,000 mark for a while now ,so there needs to be some recruitment drive again ,to kick start another Thousand new members joining up

Cheshire Hibby
22-09-2015, 09:41 PM

And, I think we can...

GGTTH

Great post and hats off to you. Cannot match the ST history or Erin contributions but I care too. 240 miles from ER but have an East Stand Plaque, 10,000 shares and spend regularly in the club shop to do my bit.

I have all the same reasons, distance aside, as everyone else about not attending and have posted on this forum over our two 'still in the memory' worst results which are not yet forgotten.

Nevertheless, will be doing the 480 mile round trip tomorrow for the third time this season to support the Hibs. Scarf on and no matter the score, I'll be a Hibby at the end. HSL membership will follow I have no doubt.

PatHead
22-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Great post and hats off to you. Cannot match the ST history or Erin contributions but I care too. 240 miles from ER but have an East Stand Plaque, 10,000 shares and spend regularly in the club shop to do my bit.

I have all the same reasons, distance aside, as everyone else about not attending and have posted on this forum over our two 'still in the memory' worst results which are not yet forgotten.

Nevertheless, will be doing the 480 mile round trip tomorrow for the third time this season to support the Hibs. Scarf on and no matter the score, I'll be a Hibby at the end. HSL membership will follow I have no doubt.

Well done mate

Canon Hannan
23-09-2015, 06:12 AM
A great post my friend, I used to be a diehard but have fallen away due to everything said. I also dedicate my time to the bigger fight for my Country and Liberty. But I have decided to go tonight with my brothers. You are right - we need to shake ourselves down.

MB62
23-09-2015, 08:41 AM

:agree: :top marks

Allant1981
23-09-2015, 09:14 AM
I used to go to every single game, i used to pay folk to come finish my shift so i coulg go, had season ticket after season ticket, merchandise etc. Then started working weekends, when i stopped working weekends the passion had died, i still go at least once a month but wouldnt say im a huge fan anymore and dont miss the games i dont go to

Leithenhibby
23-09-2015, 11:18 AM

:agree:

HSL will be in the East Stand tonight.

Anyone who wishes to sign up or has any Q's can pop along and do so. Signing up will take all of 5 minutes, max :aok:

GGTTH

scoopyboy
23-09-2015, 11:33 AM

Anyone who wishes to sign up or has any Q's can pop along and do so. Signing up will take all of 5 minutes, max :aok:

GGTTH

I would have been quite happy to sign up tonight but as I sit in the West it looks like I won't be.

patlowe
23-09-2015, 11:50 AM
I reckon we would have shifted about 8-9,000 - i don't think we've ever been more than 10,000, although i stand to be corrected on that. How many did we sell on the back of romping the first division previously?

I dont know, but given their fans stuck with them in such big numbers the season they were getting relegated, probably a fair few, and almost certainly a good bit more than we have managed.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-look-all-set-for-record-season-ticket-sales-1-1316846

Since90+2
23-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Think this validates my point if we had won the league last year with a league including our main rivals and Rangers we would be looking at 10,000 season tickets.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
23-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Think this validates my point if we had won the league last year with a league including our main rivals and Rangers we would be looking at 10,000 season tickets.

I'm not sure that our record ever haul, seven years ago really validates your point. But its moot, because we are arguing over hypotheticals.

The fact is, we are where we are, and even by your reckoning of 10,000 STs, we are at about half that i believe - that's a pretty fickle support by anyone's standards.

I cant get my head around the mentality of someone who would decide whether or not to back their club (and that doesn't have to be via STs, just attending and contributing is what i'm talking about) on the basis of two knock-out ties, which we lost by one goal.

And of course we wont have lots of moaning when we get back to big games again, and all these invisible supporters rediscover their passion and want tickets.

ben johnson
23-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Its always dangerous to state an opinion when money is involved and how much each person should spend. I know one person who ADORES Hibs but the season ticket they have costs them £12 a month. Also 2 die hards , grown men , who bought boys tickets for the East last season. Both have stormed off in the cream puff until we are promoted back to where we belong. Without their financial assistance of course.

Would love to see a bigger uptake in seasons and perhaps it will happen when promoted but boy could we do with them now in a critical season for our club.

Ozyhibby
23-09-2015, 01:54 PM

GGTTH

Good work. Hopefully it will prove worthwhile.

Leithenhibby
23-09-2015, 03:30 PM
I would have been quite happy to sign up tonight but as I sit in the West it looks like I won't be.

HSL will possibly be in the West Stand Saturday, will confirm details later :aok:

scoopyboy
23-09-2015, 05:03 PM
HSL will possibly be in the West Stand Saturday, will confirm details later :aok:

If they are I will join up there and then.

Or in Behind the Goals if there is the option before kick off.

Ozyhibby
23-09-2015, 10:06 PM

How did tonight go in the East?

scoopyboy
24-09-2015, 02:37 PM

Any word if HSL will be in the West on Saturday?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
24-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Any word if HSL will be in the West on Saturday?

Well i managed to get three new sign-ups yesterday.

Its amazing how many fans got this mixed up with the official share offer, and all the resulting bureaucracy of that seems to have turned a lot of people off - so HSL has flown a little under the radar.

It was kind of the point of my original post, regardless of how you feel about the team, manager, chairman etc, or whether you go or dont for whatever reason, i cant get my head around how any Hibs fan could not want to own a bit of their club for £5 a month. What more can we ask for as fans?

Maybe some just dont want to start having to moan at themselves when things go badly... :wink:

Ozyhibby
24-09-2015, 03:12 PM

Its amazing how many fans got this mixed up with the official share offer, and all the resulting bureaucracy of that seems to have turned a lot of people off - so HSL has flown a little under the radar.

It was kind of the point of my original post, regardless of how you feel about the team, manager, chairman etc, or whether you go or dont for whatever reason, i cant get my head around how any Hibs fan could not want to own a bit of their club for £5 a month. What more can we ask for as fans?

Maybe some just dont want to start having to moan at themselves when things go badly... :wink:

I did think at the time that launching both together was a little confusing and some may have put of joining HSL with the intention of buying shares and then not following through and getting the shares.
If that's the share issue now closed it will be a good chance to really push HSL. A lot of people probably don't realise how simple it is to sign up. You don't need an Independent Financial Advisor for this, just 5 minutes of your time and a willingness to help Hibs.

scoopyboy
25-09-2015, 05:53 PM

As I posted yesterday I will join HSL prior to kick off in the West Stand.

I am in the lower at the North end of the stadium so you couldn't be placed any better.

£18.75 for me.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Leithenhibby
26-09-2015, 08:28 AM

Why not stop by at the game today and say hello :aok:

I did think at the time that launching both together was a little confusing and some may have put of joining HSL with the intention of buying shares and then not following through and getting the shares.
If that's the share issue now closed it will be a good chance to really push HSL. A lot of people probably don't realise how simple it is to sign up. You don't need an Independent Financial Advisor for this, just 5 minutes of your time and a willingness to help Hibs.

You have made some very good points over the HSL share issue, Ozyhibby and it would be nice to meet up at some point and chat. :wink:

As I posted yesterday I will join HSL prior to kick off in the West Stand.

I am in the lower at the North end of the stadium so you couldn't be placed any better.

£18.75 for me.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Excellent, we got there in the end :greengrin

Anyone else that would like to sign up but can't make the West lower (north end) today, may want to consider online, it's simple and takes 5 minutes max.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

DaveF
26-09-2015, 09:07 AM
What details do I need to bring with me to sign up?

Leithenhibby
26-09-2015, 09:59 AM
What details do I need to bring with me to sign up?

Name & Address :greengrin
Email
Banking Details

GGTTH

DaveF
26-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Name & Address :greengrin
Email
Banking Details

GGTTH

Sorted - Just signed up for the £10 per month option online, which took a minute.

Must admit, I bought into shares direct so kind of ignored HSL but that was dead easy and £10pm is a great option. Hopefully many more will take this up :agree:

Leithenhibby
26-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Sorted - Just signed up for the £10 per month option online, which took a minute.

Must admit, I bought into shares direct so kind of ignored HSL but that was dead easy and £10pm is a great option. Hopefully many more will take this up :agree:

Welcome :top marks

Together we achieve more :wink:

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
26-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Welcome :top marks

Together we achieve more :wink:

GGTTH

G, is there any news on HSL members getting loyalty points? I suggested this at a WT meeting a few months back as, IMHO, it may spur a few folk into signing up. For those who can't attend many games, but still wish to back the club financially, it could be a factor in their decision :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2015, 11:20 AM

We got shares direct too but just signed up to the £5 option

jacomo
26-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Fair points. Nothing galvanises a support like the threat of disappearing forever.

There are lots of ways to support Hibs, turning up every other week being the most important.

Leithenhibby
27-09-2015, 08:24 PM
East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club are the latest SC to join HSL, as the evolution gathers pace.

Welcome to all their members. :aok:

We have enough room for everyone :wink:

GGTTH

lyonhibs
28-09-2015, 07:12 AM
G, is there any news on HSL members getting loyalty points? I suggested this at a WT meeting a few months back as, IMHO, it may spur a few folk into signing up. For those who can't attend many games, but still wish to back the club financially, it could be a factor in their decision :aok:

Yup. If there was some concrete incentive, beyond a warm fuzzy feeling of having helped, to HSL I think we'd see a fair few new sign ups.