PDA

View Full Version : Car driven into St Mirrens main stand

Twiglet
21-09-2015, 11:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34316703

Not entirely sure what they were doing, but thankfully for St Mirren it doesn't look too badly damaged.

bubblesmorrison
21-09-2015, 11:44 PM
Lucky it was not the asbestos stand or it would of crumbled

Wilson
22-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Caused £50000 of improvements.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2015, 12:42 AM
think of the improvements that could do to the old rickety main stand at the big pink wonga arena

or even the other 3 meccano stands

givescotlandfreedom
22-09-2015, 04:57 AM
We're Celtic at home that day?

highland hibbee
22-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Caused £50000 of improvements.

I hear ear the driver got 6 points, but the club appealed on his behalf and they took them instead

Jones28
22-09-2015, 06:24 AM
He's closer to scoring than Steven Thompson has been all season.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2015, 06:56 AM
Crash into the turnstyles happened at Tannadice past year

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/car-smashes-into-dundee-united-s-tannadice-stadium-1.305347

green.and.white
22-09-2015, 07:20 AM
Quite symbolic of Ian Murray's start at the club

JimBHibees
22-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Quite symbolic of Ian Murray's start at the club

Hopefully not famous last words given who we play on Saturday. :greengrin

Think that will be a tough physical game given some of the players involved. If we get one of the joker refs we have had in the last two home games anything could happen.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2015, 07:55 AM

Think that will be a tough physical game given some of the players involved. If we get one of the joker refs we have had in the last two home games anything could happen.
And we're also coming off the back of a tough game on Wednesday. Murray will have them fired up, and they need to get their season back on track

JimBHibees
22-09-2015, 08:16 AM
And we're also coming off the back of a tough game on Wednesday. Murray will have them fired up, and they need to get their season back on track

Agreed not sure you would get a very good price on Goodwin getting a card or two. They will be trying to get in about our players early doors IMO.

Ronniekirk
22-09-2015, 08:22 AM
They were clueless in the first ha,f v Raith I was at the game .
second half they got two young players wide with pace and that caused Raith all sorts of problems at the back They should of won it as created enough chances but the sucker goal they lost was dreadfull and they have been losing late goals not scoring them
But agree we could of done without playing Aberdeen before the St Mirren game as they won at queen of the South and as you say they need to start winning .They look like they are struggling to adapt to championship but will no doubt raise their game against us
We certainly can't afford more injuries v Dons and it will be a tough game and let us see where we are if we do get back up at end of season with this squad largely intact

lord bunberry
22-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I hear ear the driver got 6 points, but the club appealed on his behalf and they took them instead
:tee hee:

Bostonhibby
22-09-2015, 10:39 AM
So what, a zeppelin crashed through the roof of the asbestos stand at the Wonga dome and they just painted the whole lot pink and left it to corrode with the rest of it, still there now.

Its what big teams do.

green.and.white
22-09-2015, 12:07 PM

True! My fault if we lose then!

It will be a tough game physically on Saturday but I'm not a great admirer of Murray as a manager. I think we will win.